Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2760) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389326 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:23pm On Jan 30, 2022
michlins:
one thing I have learnt is to respect other people choices.

I don't know this house, I don't know the owner. I'm not going to sleep in the said house. The owner didn't borrow funds from me to build it neither is he owing me.

His house, his rules.

If it's an "eyesore" to you, close your eyes. E no hard to do
Good advice!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:26pm On Jan 30, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

...and the best way to show his 'great success' is to build an ' Abuja Rice Pyramid'.
May be he and somebody in Asorock have same mentality!!!
hahahaa, is that Abuja rice still in existence?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:31pm On Jan 30, 2022
BrickDevo:
hahahaa, is that Abuja rice still in existence?
It was dismantled today.
'Show of Shame'!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

It was dismantled today.
'Show of Shame'!
Nawa, it was all for the media, smh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:29pm On Jan 30, 2022
Gigaset:
I just can figure out why people do this maybe someone can enlightening me

It’s to pepper them . Pepper Dem geng
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nokia46: 12:28am On Jan 31, 2022
Good day house, Pls help me check these items if it is ok or need adjustment for 4 bedroom bungalow ( all ensuite) with 1 AC, 2 Water heater & each room with 2 socket points.
1. 5nos of 1.5mm red
2. 3nos of 1.5mm black
3. 2nos of 2.5mm red
4. 2nos of 2.5mm black
5. 2nos of 1.5mm earth wire
6. 1nos of 4mm red
7. 1nos of 4mm black
8. 3nos of TV cable.

CC:
Topsy23
Twinskenny
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 5:22am On Jan 31, 2022
zamirikpo:

My brother I will do that, from my analysis I feel the concrete mixture and thickness was wrong and the engineer was doing his PhD defence d day they poured that concrete ,so he didnt supervise.

We contracted the pouring out. Na where I go see professional second opinion. That's my problem.
if he had a scheduled project defense that day why not just postpone the casting? I would give the same excuse too if a client is acting smart on me. Are you sure you are not being economical with the truth though but anyway the damage's been done. Call him to fix it up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:19am On Jan 31, 2022
It surprises me that most people here were making mockery of the high roof house even without knowing the intent or purpose the owner might have had in mind.
Some houses like that are sample houses to showcase or promote a product or service.
What if the owner is a roofer or sells roofing sheet, and is using it to attract customers to his brand?
Before concluding on anything , it is better to ask questions first.

It could even be just to pepper his village people. His money his choice. I am sure they saw the wood work before putting sheet on it. It is not an accident, They would have redone it if they wanted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chriswazo(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2022
kopell:
Please do yourself a favor if you can afford all the fees, its gives you rest of mind. As to the question @bold it's does on both. If you build any property without proper government documents and paid fees. God for bit if anything happen in future yes it's may be very difficult for you to proof ownership or clam compensation from government. We most always try to do thing the right way like this subject matter, NOT finished building before submitting plain for approval.

Alright
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:32am On Jan 31, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

...and the best way to show his 'great success' is to build an ' Abuja Rice Pyramid' on a bungalow!

Misplaced priority but to each his/her own.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:33am On Jan 31, 2022
michlins:
you understand the mindset behind such

Mostly of somone who needs to prove he or she has arrived.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2022
nokia46:
Good day house, Pls help me check these items if it is ok or need adjustment for 4 bedroom bungalow ( all ensuite) with 1 AC, 2 Water heater & each room with 2 socket points.
1. 5nos of 1.5mm red
2. 3nos of 1.5mm black
3. 2nos of 2.5mm red
4. 2nos of 2.5mm black
6. 1nos of 4mm red
7. 1nos of 4mm black
8. 3nos of TV cable.

CC:
Topsy23
Twinskenny

This is okay sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:45am On Jan 31, 2022
twinskenny:
Happy Sunday everyone

Happy new week my man, maybe it's from the angle you took the picture, but there might be another floor of this building showing to the front. I can see a parapet fascia on a higher level to the right side. There may be at least a roof attic to the front.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:49am On Jan 31, 2022
But on the other hand, I have built in an estate where the roofs are a very prominent feature in the estate, there are people who love very high roofs, the roof alone is a statement from the owners of the houses.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2022
spyder880:

Happy new week my man, maybe it's from the angle you took the picture, but there might be another floor of this building showing to the front. I can see a parapet fascia on a higher level to the right side. There may be at least a roof attic to the front.

Thanks for this submission. I have learnt to not be among the band wagon of hasty conclusionists

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:56am On Jan 31, 2022
spyder880:
But on the other hand, I have built in an estate where the roofs are a very prominent feature in the estate, there are people who love very high roofs, the roof alone is a statement from the owners of the houses.

My fellow Nairalanders who know more than everyone else would say is poverty mindset. They want become technical advisers on how someone else should spend his/her hard earned money. This place is fast becoming irritating!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:00am On Jan 31, 2022
spyder880:

This must be bricks/republic estate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:11am On Jan 31, 2022
kopell:
Wow this bungalow roof look likes a mile high ooo, any reason why its as to be this high? Engineers in the house, helps us tip in ooo.
Well, the roof of the building in question is unreasonably high, but attached is a picture of one of the reasons why a roof can be high.
And the building in question may not even have an architectural plan. ( grin)

"RECESSES" The more the recesses in a building plan, the higher such roof will go because all angles must be clearly taken out and constructed so as to have gutter.

Roof planning is also a major part of a design, firstly, an architect must have known the type of roof he will be using right from inception.

A lot is attached to architecture sha.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2022
Jasobry:

This must be bricks/republic estate

Only the 3rd picture is from Bricks layout, the first 2 is from Golf course layout and the last is the zoological gardens.

These are more roofs at the Bricks and Republican layout in Enugu. I like the fact that some are using their high roofs as solar energy farms.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cassie74: 9:02am On Jan 31, 2022
Good morning folks...I need help with this please...I feel the amount it's over the top( he said it's (EBM(whatever that means)...is it not the same as profile?))...I need a second opinion even a third won't be bad in this our beautiful g economy... second question.. between embedded burglary and doing burglary alone which is better and stronger... last question..do I need a sub frame before I do the aluminium windows... thank you all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:09am On Jan 31, 2022
These are the issues.

Professionals are grossly underpaid without consequences.

dangoteinlaw:
but when it's time to bargaining price you don't draw the line on quacks. You want an architect you paid 50k to spend 3weeks on your designs because that your 50k will make him somebody right? Maybe they can come to your site and become your bricklayer too.
Some ppl are not just big enough to contract an architect they are just overreaching. Professionals are for the elite. Your 100k will not get you that quality job 300k will get someone else. A bitch on the forum once propose to pay 50k for a complete drawing plus 3d, now I'm sure when she finally gets a quack to do it at that price and something goes wrong her mouth will be running sharp too that architects don't know their jobs.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:11am On Jan 31, 2022
nokia46:
1. 5nos of 1.5mm red
2. 3nos of 1.5mm black
3. 2nos of 2.5mm red
4. 2nos of 2.5mm black
6. 1nos of 4mm red
7. 1nos of 4mm black
8. 3nos of TV cable.

CC:
Topsy23
Twinskenny

Quantities are okay but the earth cable for the 4mm is not part of tye list given above.

Also could not find the cable feeding the distribution board from cut-out/changeover switch

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2022
spyder880:

The way I think too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 1:55pm On Jan 31, 2022
Cassie74:
Good morning folks...I need help with this please...I feel the amount it's over the top( he said it's (EBM(whatever that means)...is it not the same as profile?))...I need a second opinion even a third won't be bad in this our beautiful g economy... second question.. between embedded burglary and doing burglary alone which is better and stronger... last question..do I need a sub frame before I do the aluminium windows... thank you all

Good afternoon talking about EBM profile it is different from casement profile and it is expensive.
But if you need help on the casement profile which is the quotation I can help in that place

Now concerning the embedded burglary and burglary alone both of them is good but it depends on choice because on aluminum burglary we make it vertical and horizontal it will not be too wide and this will make it strong and will make use of 12mm rod or 16mm rod
God will not make our load the load of thief

SUB FRAME
The two is ok, but sub frame cost you extra money it also make the window beautiful and neat, anytime you want to remove the window no need of breaking the wall before removing the window

Window without subframe is also good but we install with nylon to make it neat but if you want to remove the window you have to break the wall before removing it
Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2022
cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:44pm On Jan 31, 2022
Regarding Architects and services.

So what I did was purchase an Architectural plan off of eBay. I was confident that I can read it well and have modifications done by a Nigerian Architect who again will ONLY supply a modified architectural plan.

This method is cheap and I assume the building liability. The design liability continues to rest on the Architect.

Architectural service could be all inclusive and up to turn key. Not cheap and is typically a percentage of the total build cost.

This is from a USA perspective.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Motirayo2018(f): 3:02pm On Jan 31, 2022
Get unique bedspread and duvet at affordable price

Contact me on 07015501079

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 4:23pm On Jan 31, 2022
I need this finger mesh. Any supplier?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2022
sonnie10:

My fellow Nairalanders who know more than everyone else would say is poverty mindset. They want become technical advisers on how someone else should spend his/her hard earned money. This place is fast becoming irritating!
I wonder oh. Why will I have money in this short life and not show it off however way I please especially if I didn't steal it. I believe ppl should be allowed to make a statement with whatever properties they own. Eg liking a red shirt, using a particular brand of car and having like 4 of it like my engineer Friend who owns 5 highlanders. The same year just different colors. I have 4 mtn sim cards and some ask me why not use Airtel or 9mobile , is it your money?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 4:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hello All,

Please for those who know, how long does it take to get bathroom cubicle glass cut from the factory?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:11pm On Jan 31, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
I wonder oh. Why will I have money in this short life and not show it off however way I please especially if I didn't steal it. I believe ppl should be allowed to make a statement with whatever properties they own. Eg liking a red shirt, using a particular brand of car and having like 4 of it like my engineer Friend who owns 5 highlanders. The same year just different colors. I have 4 mtn sim cards and some ask me why not use Airtel or 9mobile , is it your money?
Try posting picture of your house here and see reactions.
That is the time some would remember that is a waste to build in certain locations
There are those that would suddenly remember how people in abroad scammed them to provide service.
Another set would say its poverty that is making you build a house of your taste
Some will advice you to make a better investment of the money, which they have no idea how it came about
How about those that would outrightly conclude that an old man does not deserve to leave in a house of his choice
Tell me about the ones that assume you toke loan or credit to build house

And people expect to see witches and wizards only flying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2022
sonnie10:

Try posting picture of your house here and see reactions.
That is the time some would remember that is a waste to build in certain locations
There are those that would suddenly remember how people in abroad scammed them to provide service.
Another set would say its poverty that is making you build a house of your taste
Some will advice you to make a better investment of the money, which they have no idea how it came about
How about those that would outrightly conclude that an old man does not deserve to leave in a house of his choice
Tell me about the ones that assume you toke loan or credit to build house

And people expect to see witches and wizards only flying
I think ppl should quit trying to decide for others pls. You build in lekki they say you should have bought a hectare at agbarra and build 20 of the mansion. You buy gwargon they will ask why you didn't buy 50 corolla with the money. As I grow older I ve come to realize that no one else can ever give you happiness not even your wife but only you. And how does one get the happiness if not by doing certain things the way you like it and want it.
To me a high roofing looks cute and gives a building more value. It may look less beautiful but at least whoever sees it will at least respect the fact that you made a higher cash transfer to get it that high as compared to a building with only 2m roof height.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2757) (2758) (2759) (2760) (2761) (2762) (2763) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.