Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4426806 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
FEGEITOK:

For individuals like me trying to decide in the face of minimal data.

Sandtex VME comes in two flavors: Standard and Double Quality.

I am told the Single Quality is good for 5 years, the Double Quality is good for 7 years from their factory representative.

VME is short for Vinyl Matt Emulsion
What is the diff in cost per each
To me if the diff is much I will use the “ single quality” for interior and “Double quality” for exterior wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
rmx:

True , while we keep saying there are no opportunities in Nigeria and people are leaving and relocating . It used to be only Indians and Lebanese coming over the last 50 to 60 years , now the Chinese have joined in the last decade or two. Nigeria is eldorado to them, Imagine the irony

Vava is Egyptian I think , Lifemate are Chinese , vina are Lebanese

Oga mi you’re right. I saw this today when I went to Vava.

I bought dining and bedroom stuff from Dynasty across from Liberty Stadium.

I couldn’t do a minimalist decor like I wanted but oh well.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
Aladiautos:
Hello building experts and real estate professionals in the house.

Please what’s the best legal action to take concerning a damage on a shortlet apartment property by a couple with kids.

They broke a bathroom tempered glass door with 10mm thickness, which is obviously an intentional damage because they were refunded and asked to leave the property due to their complaints.

The apartment was booked via Airbnb and the only details we have is her name and number.

Mrs. Mabel Tola-Winjobi

She’s also a NLander with username: Theyolu

First thing is to remove your post in it’s entirety.

Then repost vaguely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
rotecch77:

What is the diff in cost per each
To me if the diff is much I will use the “ single quality” for interior and “Double quality” for exterior wall

Nice idea.

See pricing attached

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:08pm On Feb 18, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/60#110338333

Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Window hood design

Talk to us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
Aladiautos:
Hello building experts and real estate professionals in the house.

Please what’s the best legal action to take concerning a damage on a shortlet apartment property by a couple with kids.

They broke a bathroom tempered glass door with 10mm thickness, which is obviously an intentional damage because they were refunded and asked to leave the property due to their complaints.

The apartment was booked via Airbnb and the only details we have is her name and number.

Mrs. Mabel Tola-Winjobi

She’s also a NLander with username: Theyolu
That floor tile design could pose slip and fall risk due the false impression of non existing steps .
Not everything should be used in a rental property design. Some things are liability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:36pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2022
money121:

Yes
Roman black 3,900 persqm

When are you available to take measurement?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2022
sonnie10:

When are you available to take measurement?
Anytym sir
My installer are available

Let chat on whatsapp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 6:09pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good afternoon my wonderful people.

Please, I have an issue o. I screeded the wall and now my painter said the wall is too smooth so I need to sand paper before he paints.

Please, I need professional advice ooo... Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
money121:

Anytym sir
My installer are available

Let chat on whatsapp 08085310359
Do you have the logistics to work in the East?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:25pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:

Please, I have an issue o. I screeded the wall and now my painter said the wall is too smooth so I need to sand paper before he paints.

hehehe how? Wall too smooth ke

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2022
twinskenny:
smile, wall too smooth,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 6:56pm On Feb 18, 2022
That was what he said o. ... He said the satin paint will be pilling off if the wall is not slightly rough.
twinskenny:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:00pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:

The fool want to increase price
You need to sand wall before you paint now
The dude is robbing you without using a gun
If he no want to do the work
I can send you a painter
How many bedrooms and living room
What are you paying the thief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 7:04pm On Feb 18, 2022
Imagine! Eh eh!!! Let me call another painter jeje...
GoodFaith:

The fool want to increase price
You need to sand wall before you paint now
The dude is robbing you without using a gun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:07pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:
Imagine! Eh eh!!! Let me call another painter jeje...
Your location ?
I can send you a painter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
About 14 days ago
I got a call from my very good friend brother
Painter want 1.5M and other want 900k
Electrician want 1.2 M
After talking to me
Painter was 100k labor and bought paint about 500k
Electrician labor and material was about 650k

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:14pm On Feb 18, 2022
sonnie10:

Do you have the logistics to work in the East?
Yes sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:22pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:

Using Sandpaper will make it more smooth na, what is he talking about? Every professional painter knows they have to sandpaper a screeded wall before painting. What type of paints are you using by the way?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 7:26pm On Feb 18, 2022
POP Installers in Lagos and Ibadan; Kindly fill out this form. we need POP guys to work on projects across the two states. If you know any good POP Guy in either of the two locations and they are trustworthy, send the form to them.

Please treat as urgent

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeABA05te6TQAB-YYat5YyXXOtGPlgqjRZVgfSbrmwwbP-mMw/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Hargbo:

Using Sandpaper will make it more smooth na, what is he talking about? Every professional painter knows they have to sandpaper a screeded wall before painting. What type of paints are you using by the way?

My brother the painter na 419
The painter want to increase his payment now thief painter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
money121:

Yes sir
Ok someone will call you tomorrow.

The shingle should actually be brick red and black patches not like the type of brown on that picture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WhiteAngels001(m): 7:52pm On Feb 18, 2022
Good evening my chairmen.

PLEASE TREAT AS URGENT

I'm looking to rent 25 units of 30 tonnes Howo trucks to run for a period of 6 to 12 months.

Where can I get them here in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2022
We screeded the wall and want to use satin
Hargbo:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 8:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
I am in oyo town. It's a 3 bedroom bungalow. He requested for 60k.
GoodFaith:

Your location ?
I can send you a painter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:31pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:

Don’t let this shock you “ the guy is right”
I mean it again he is very correct”
If Screed wall is too glossy satin paint will peel off”
It’s from experience.
So once he used sharp sand paper it will give it smooth surface with little friction which will allow the paint to hold.

Reason why you will see your office satin paint peel off on too glossy surface at time by your furniture set

Gbadex will explain very well on this I know he might have experience it too.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:37pm On Feb 18, 2022
henrymor:

60k is not bad try Tony 08034376719
He just did four bedroom in lagos
but he live in Benin City
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
rotecch77:

It’s from experience.
So once he used sharp sand paper it will give it smooth surface with little friction which will allow the paint to hold.

Reason why you will see your office satin paint peel off on too glossy surface at time by your furniture set

We know he is right
So he was just going to come and start putting paint on the wall
He need to sandpaper the F wall
He is trying to play the dude for more money
3 bedroom for 60k is very reasonable
the painter na thief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2022
rotecch77:

It’s from experience.

Pls, what are the main advantages of screeding over the regular plastering of a wall? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decimator: 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2022
Evening Guys. Got this below quotation from a GMP guy. Is this realistic? Will be using EKANS Aluminum profile. Do they charge labour separate even when they are the ones buying materials?

3X4 @ 56800X 16 = 908 800
3X3 @ 51100 X 4 = 204 400
2X2 @ 24000 X 5 = 120 000
3X5 @ 58600 X 1 = 58600
3X7 STAIR CASE @ 58 000.
TOTAL = 1 349 800.
LABOUR AND TRANSPORT 80 000
.GRAND TOTAL = #1 429 800 .

FOR ALUMINUM PROTECTOR >
16MM ROD @ 8500 X 12 1/2 LENGHTS = 106 250 .
ALUMINUM INFILL @ 5000 X 25 LENGHTS = 125 000 .
SCREWS 2 PKTS = 3000.
WELDING WORK @ 30 000 AND LABOUR @ 30 000. TOTAL COST = # 294 250.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2785) (2786) (2787) (2788) (2789) (2790) (2791) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.