Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,965 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399267 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by thaqib(m): 8:38am On Sep 17, 2015
thaqib:

Thanks hajj. I really appreciate your contribution. I attach d floor plan for experts advice
The plan sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by greenermodels: 9:16am On Sep 17, 2015
thaqib:

The plan sir
no plan attached. maybe you should convert it to a picture format if it's not already in one. also there's a limit to the size of pictures you can attach.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I haven't been able to reach the actual thug that I left in charge of watching the land so to speak. It's him that i want to handle the situation.

Omo Ina La Nra Si Ina.
That is to say fire for fire, I dey fill you na Naija of today be that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enterpreneur: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hello Everyone.

Would you know if the following water heating cylinder is sold in Nigeria? Will be glad if someone can give me the details of distributors in Lagos please.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 8:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
Enterpreneur:
Hello Everyone.

Would you know if the following water heating cylinder is sold in Nigeria? Will be glad if someone can give me the details of distributors in Lagos please.

Yes sir. It's been sold in Lagos,Nigeria. Ariston exactly. The sweethome brand also has it, but in a smaller capacity. You can get it at my base in building materials market, orile iganmu Lagos. I do the sweethome brand, but neighbors to the ariston company in orile. So just come around, hit me up, you will be directed and get the best and original ariston ware. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enterpreneur: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
EndiaSami:

Yes sir. It's been sold in Lagos,Nigeria. Ariston exactly. The sweethome brand also has it, but in a smaller capacity. You can get it at my base in building materials market, orile iganmu Lagos. I do the sweethome brand, but neighbors to the ariston company in orile. So just come around, hit me up, you will be directed and get the best and original ariston ware. Thanks.

I need this size and capacity not the smaller version. Would be glad if you can direct me to where I can get this same one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 9:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Mr. Kolashangone, with due respect can you share with the house your experience with the men of the underworld and how we can try to design them out during contruction.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:52am On Sep 18, 2015
Price of elephant cement is now N1,500 and Dangote is N1,550 though am sure it's not the 42.5r?

My question is this, do I really need 42.5?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:59am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Price of elephant cement is now N1,500 and Dangote is N1,550 though am sure it's not the 42.5r?

My question is this, do I really need 42.5?

Use 42.5. I heard it is now 1,650 naira.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Kolashangone, before I start "tearing shyte up", have you checked THE Engineers schedule since its the fulcrum of our bet.

Not meanin to scare you but I just want to make sure that all t's are crossed grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Use 42.5. I heard it is now 1,650 naira.

I'll price it out in the morning.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:44am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I haven't been able to reach the actual thug that I left in charge of watching the land so to speak. It's him that i want to handle the situation.

Omo Ina La Nra Si Ina.

I couldn't reach my thug because he went to Hajj. Imagine that grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:52am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I couldn't reach my thug because he went to Hajj. Imagine that grin

Thug went to Mecca? Wonder shall never end. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Real Estate Protection Services must be lucrative in Nigeria cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 3:09am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Real Estate Protection Services must be lucrative in Nigeria cheesy

Protecting your land from invaders. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:20am On Sep 18, 2015
FastShipping:

Nigerian criminals thinks they can hide from God o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:21am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Mr. Kolashangone, with due respect can you share with the house your experience with the men of the underworld and how we can try to design them out during contruction.

Thanks.

First time, they came in the afternoon through the external ceiling of the roof. That can be avoided with a concrete fascia.

2nd time they followed us in through the gate. I don't know if this can be prevented.

3rd time they jazzed us to sleep, tore the mosquito net and I don't know what device they use but they will sniff out your phone,watches, gold etc from anywhere it is. I now put my phone under the bed all night.

They can also cut your burglary proof while they have jazzed you to sleep.

All in all, prevention techniques I think are as follows;

1. Always lock your car and don't keep valuables in it.
2. Get at least 2 dogs to patrol your compound
3. Do an electric fence or American fence to prevent jumpers
4. Watch your back while driving EVERYTIME
5. Have self defence (baseball bat, gun, knife, practice Judo etc)
6. When leaving home, ALWAYS release the dogs.
7. Pay OPC night guards to patrol.
8. Have a remotely located security for your cars.

You can add more from experience..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:27am On Sep 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:
Kolashangone, before I start "tearing shyte up", have you checked THE Engineers schedule since its the fulcrum of our bet.

Not meanin to scare you but I just want to make sure that all t's are crossed grin

Funny enough, i came around Elebu yesterday to one site and hapuld be coming again today before going off to Ogun state. I couldnt reach you at all because of the stolen phone n all. When is action time gan gan?
THE Engineer will be in Ibadan during the weekend.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 6:44am On Sep 18, 2015
@Kolashangone,

Cool tips! But I suggest when you happen to confront a burglar (accidentally or maybe you have premonitions someone just got into your house), leave immediately or call for help. Leave the heroics to the movies. No one's risking his or her life on the big screen.

More tips coming shortly how you can burglar proof your home the modern way.

"Asasi o ki nran baby onike"

______
Come to think of it, is it that those APC broom they used to hang over the entrance doors in most houses in Ibadan are no longer effective again or we have abolished traditional method of securing properties?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:31am On Sep 18, 2015
KolaShangOne:

First time, they came in the afternoon through the external ceiling of the roof. That can be avoided with a concrete fascia.

2nd time they followed us in through the gate. I don't know if this can be prevented.

3rd time they jazzed us to sleep, tore the mosquito net and I don't know what device they use but they will sniff out your phone,watches, gold etc from anywhere it is. I now put my phone under the bed all night.

They can also cut your burglary proof while they have jazzed you to sleep.

All in all, prevention techniques I think are as follows;

1. Always lock your car and don't keep valuables in it.
2. Get at least 2 dogs to patrol your compound
3. Do an electric fence or American fence to prevent jumpers
4. Watch your back while driving EVERYTIME
5. Have self defence (baseball bat, gun, knife, practice Judo etc)
6. When leaving home, ALWAYS release the dogs.
7. Pay OPC night guards to patrol.
8. Have a remotely located security for your cars.

You can add more from experience..

Electric fence and cctv cameras

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Enterpreneur:

I need this size and capacity not the smaller version. Would be glad if you can direct me to where I can get this same one.
Read through earlier post
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
KolaShangOne:

How do they "jazzed" someone and what does that term means... (Put you to sleep?)

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
brabus:
@Kolashangone,
______
Come to think of it, is it that those APC broom they used to hang over the entrance doors in most houses in Ibadan are no longer effective again or we have abolished traditional method of securing properties?

I like the second part... EgunMogaji, I expect to see brooms in your house o... because of your name.
I do have one, and any thief who tried my house will sweep the floor until eternity... but then I am not from Ibadan and it still works.

Hajji M.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
mufutau55:

How do they "jazzed" someone and what does that term means... (Put you to sleep?)

Hajji M.

Jazz is Juju. They blow a powdery substance or some other mechanism and everybody in that vicinity falls asleep. Even if a bomb explodes near you, you will continue sleeping.

brabus:
@Kolashangone,
Cool tips! But I suggest when you happen to confront a burglar (accidentally or maybe you have premonitions someone just got into your house), leave immediately or call for help. Leave the heroics to the movies. No one's risking his or her life on the big screen.
More tips coming shortly how you can burglar proof your home the modern way.
______

Im not Superman or IronMan but I can confront a burglar but not an armed robber. Burglars aren't usually with weapons just knifes n stuff.
Yes he have all abandoned the broom technology because of what our Pastors, Imams and neighbours will say.
@Hajj Mufutau pictures or a don't believe it cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Jazz is Juju. They blow a powdery substance or some other mechanism and everybody in that vicinity falls asleep. Even if a bomb explodes near you, you will continue sleeping.
@Hajj Mufutau pictures or a don't believe it cheesy

Ha! Awon Iya mi Osoronga... apani ma yoda.
I will soon post the pictures o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Houston, we have gates grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 9:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
^^^^

Good one. How wide is this gate? I am gunning for a 17ft open gate.

HERE IS THE ONE DESIGNED FOR ME LAST WEEK.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
FastShipping:
^^^^

Good one. How wide is this gate? I am gunning for a 17ft open gate.

HERE IS THE ONE DESIGNED FOR ME LAST WEEK.

nice design... but we hardly see this in Naija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2015
twinskenny:

nice design... but we hardly see this in Naija

That's exactly why I'm gunning for something like this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
FastShipping:

That's exactly why I'm gunning for something like this.
security wise.. not really advisable, depend on the area though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
twinskenny:
security wise.. not really advisable, depend on the area though

Let your gate be 20ft high, closed with no view from outside, and your fence be 20ft high, nothing will stop a thief/armed robbers from entering your house. Robbers entering bank premises that are fortified with fence, and mobile police not to talk of homes. I don't see fence and gate as security at all.

A house with an open gate should feel more secure than a house with a sealed gate because an open gate allows everyone in the neighborhood to see any break-in attempt while a house with a sealed gate is more prone to robbery without neighbors knowing. If anyone jumps into my compound, my neighbors and passers-by should see what is going on in my compound.

Fence and gates have no deterrence to robbery. FACT!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bixton(m), Ojoboak(m), Valuepaints20(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.