Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,116 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2938) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386960 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:00pm On Apr 15, 2022
okeysoninv:
I think is good. cost of cement , sand and granite included?

I laugh in todays Nigerian economy grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:29pm On Apr 15, 2022
beejay1:
Hello House, my engineer gave a quote of 150k as cost of German floor for my foundation (15.5m x 11.6m). This cost will aso include foundation ramming. Is this fair?

Make we dey cool down ask for input well well o. Do you mean 150k to do foundation and then cast the German floor? Or you don complete the foundation na just to cast the German floor?

If na only to cast Germany floor for that floor size, 50k - 70k for labour no bad na. But 150k for labour? Wahala dey o.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:45pm On Apr 15, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Just started working on my project. 5 Bedroom Terrace. This is the drawing. Any insights, or contributions will be appreciated.

We can supply your building materials at affordable price.

Iron rod and woods are payment on deliver contact me through my signature, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 7:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
beejay1:
Hello House, my engineer gave a quote of 150k as cost of German floor for my foundation (15.5m x 11.6m). This cost will aso include foundation ramming. Is this fair?
A bit much . I did 13x21m for 180k in ibadan I’m October last year for labor so I believe fort our size it shouldn’t be up to that since we are talking labor not materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:06pm On Apr 15, 2022
beejay1:

Before you start having issues with your engineer or we come later hear say him no be engineer but baba lati........
Please can you drop the actual quote on how that sum would be spent by him or except he just gave you a lump sum figure.........

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2022
Is the cost for casting and compaction only? Maybe you should include the cost breakdown. I also believe your location will be a determinant.

Anyways, don't forget to put mesh to reinforce the concrete as well as nylon( DPM) to prevent rising dampness.

beejay1:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beejay1(m): 9:08pm On Apr 15, 2022
Thanks all for the various inputs. So the 150k was meant to cover the cost DPM, compaction and labor to cast the German floor.

diordaves:

Make we dey cool down ask for input well well o. Do you mean 150k to do foundation and then cast the German floor? Or you don complete the foundation na just to cast the German floor?

If na only to cast Germany floor for that floor size, 50k - 70k for labour no bad na. But 150k for labour? Wahala dey o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2022
beejay1:
Thanks all for the various inputs. So the 150k was meant to cover the cost DPM, compaction and labor to cast the German floor.

Ok. Na you say "compaction", which means, you have backfill and sand fill the foundation? So all they now need to do is to compact, lay DPM and then cast German floor, right?

Or backfilling and sand filling are included in the "compaction? If yes, price the 150k small as this is close to a half decent price. Backfilling and sand filling only fit chop 30k sef or more if the foundation is high.

If backfilling and sand filling have been done, 150k for labour na heavy prayer o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:37pm On Apr 15, 2022
Check this out

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2022
folmus:

Hajji M, that must be a MEGA project and not kobo kobo cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oga mi Sir, Mega keh. Everything I built nah kobo-kobo o. Nah just small 7 bedrooms duplex o.
I don copyright that kobo-kobo thing o. smiley

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2022
Wow! I bought something like this 3 weeks ago for 58k in Abuja

michlins:
47,000 pere
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:54pm On Apr 15, 2022
okeysoninv:
I think is good. cost of cement , sand and granite included?

Granite alone is about 300,000.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:02am On Apr 16, 2022
beejay1:

Let me play devil's advocate..

1. If he's using a plate compactor for the compaction, he will rent at about 15,000 per day. Add cost of transport to n fro site.

2. If he's buying DPM, add provisional sum of 35,000 - 40,000.

3. If he's going to pay carpentar for the woodwork, add 10,000 - 15,000 for labour.

4. If he's using a machine for the concrete work, he will spend 80 - 100k for Machine + workers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2022
michlins:
47,000 pere
How much is 3ft and 4 ft door
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 1:40am On Apr 16, 2022
Please is Plasterboard the same as Gypsum Board?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:57am On Apr 16, 2022
cash1115:
Check this out

I am enjoying your work. Thx.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 1:59am On Apr 16, 2022
Perfect Touch Aluminium

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:04am On Apr 16, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

To the newbies, he doesn’t post as much anymore but Aventures is one of the great builders on this platform.
Just in case anyone was wondering
Thanks.

Oga EgunMogaji2, thank you for that introduction Sir.
Very trusted Builder. I gave him my money and went to sleep.
He has done many projects for me and my friends thru my recommendations too. He will do my future projects too, if need be.
Reputable and trusted real Engineer and Builder, not audio builder or internet Supervisor.

Hajji M.

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:01am On Apr 16, 2022
oduncojamaica:

How much is 3ft and 4 ft door
36,000 and 47,000 respectively
MrDraey:
Wow! I bought something like this 3 weeks ago for 58k in Abuja

it's possible if you factor in cost of living

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:39am On Apr 16, 2022
mufutau55:

Very trusted. I gave him my money and went to sleep.
He has done many projects for me and my friends thru my recommendations too. He will do my future projects too, if need be.
Reputable and trusted real Engineer and Builder, not audio builder or internet Supervisor.

Hajji M.
cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:58am On Apr 16, 2022
toluxa1:
Please is Plasterboard the same as Gypsum Board?

Yes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:22am On Apr 16, 2022
mufutau55:

Oga EgunMogaji2, thank you for that introduction Sir.
Very trusted. I gave him my money and went to sleep.

Hajji M.

We don't need due diligence niyen if Baba EgunMogaji and Hajji M can recommend him grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:16am On Apr 16, 2022
Who can reproduce this? Slim frame sliding door with frosted plastic (not glass)..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:18am On Apr 16, 2022
The concept of minimalist designs is majorly about neutral and contrast colorism..

Discuss??

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:32am On Apr 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:

1. If he's using a plate compactor for the compaction, he will rent at about 15,000 per day. Add cost of transport to n fro site.

3. If he's going to pay carpentar for the woodwork, add 10,000 - 15,000 for labour.

4. If he's using a machine for the concrete work, he will spend 80 - 100k for Machine + workers.

Good analysis

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:58am On Apr 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Spot on analysis you did sir, people forget Mode of construction of every engineer varies and so the charges n like aforzy said location also is a determinant.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:36am On Apr 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:
Who can reproduce this? Slim frame sliding door with frosted plastic (not glass)..

I’ve been trying to get the details of the guy I know who can replicate this. He use thin frame uPVC to make something like this.

As for the frosted plexiglass, you can always get that in Lagos.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:48am On Apr 16, 2022
cash1115:
Check this out

I learnt a lot during my POP process. You guys, the good ones, are geniuses.

This is what I like about the Nigerian will, nothing is impossible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:50am On Apr 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:
The concept of minimalist designs is majorly about neutral and contrast colorism..

Discuss??

The hard stuff in my opinion is the major determinant. You can't color over a too bold/huge edifice or furniture. The shape and design I believe is 75%.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:52am On Apr 16, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Discuss??

Simplicity is the ultimate form of style. The concept of minimalism is all about showcasing space rather than things.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 8:59am On Apr 16, 2022
We have now Lighted up the place.
Currently testing the electrical works we have done here...

For the Start up works carried out here.
Follow the thread....

https://www.nairaland.com/5825308/all-interior-redesign-reconstruction-works/6

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2935) (2936) (2937) (2938) (2939) (2940) (2941) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.