Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2946) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4382526 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:36pm On Apr 18, 2022
Smart & regular switches available
Wall bracket LED available
Drop down light available

All electrical accessories available
Good prices let's talk 08051355133

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MulticolourDeco(f): 7:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
Quick Tip: Center Pieces Ideas

Your Dinning Table, Center Table, Console Table, Dressing Table and Office table all requires small to larger piece of decoration to be placed on top to look and to make look more beautiful and inviting. Those small to larger pieces of decoration is what I personally call Center Pieces.

TYPES OF CENTER PIECES
Center pieces ranges from small to larger piece as earlier mentioned. And also we have diverse kinds of center pieces with different shapes, colours, designs and sizes. These center pieces have varying functionalities too and some are more specific in functions than others.

EXAMPLES OF CENTER PIECES
Bedside lamps, flower vases, candle stands, candle holders, antiques, flower pots, decorating plates, table clocks etc are all examples of center pieces.

HOW DO YOU RECOGNIZE PERFECT CENTER PIECES FOR DIFFERENT TABLES
I will say instinctively. You should just know. Its common sense.
*The colour shade
*The shape
*The pattern
*The outlook
* The size most especially.

The size of the center piece

https://kemimulticolour..com/2022/04/quick-tip-center-piece.html?m=1

Instagram Page- @kemi_multicolour
Blog page- www.kemimulticolour.blog spot.com
Phone Number- 08184870007

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
dongc:

sir,
If I may ask sir what do you need VPN for at your house?

See below screen shots for some of my needs. My router with WPA2, any router for that matter is particularly useless in protecting my online activities from my ISP and even my government.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2022
n3xt:

Egbon no be me employ you here as gatekeeper. E free me na.

Make you dey go follow Aunty talk your talk.
Oga Bosun settle with Somehow na wink and we call it even grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Oyo Town
Roof Design :Longspan
Colour:Traffic Black
Guage: 0.45mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DeepSight(m): 8:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
justcool:
Can somebody please give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to build a 5-bedroom duplex in Anambra state?

Please break it down into these 3 sections.

Cost of materials and Labour for

1) Foundation

2) DPC to decking

3) Roofing.

Thanks in advance.

Dearest friend and brother!
How art thou?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 8:53pm On Apr 18, 2022
justcool:
Can somebody please give me a rough estimate of how much it will cost to build a 5-bedroom duplex in Anambra state?

Please break it down into these 3 sections.

Cost of materials and Labour for

1) Foundation

2) DPC to decking

3) Roofing.

Thanks in advance.

Foundation - 3 - 4m
BLOCK work Ground floor - N3.6m
DECKING - N5M
Upper floor Block work - N3.3m.

ROOFING (CONTEMPORARY ) - 2.5M + FELTING

OR
Traditional hip roof + parapet - N3.5m - 4m

cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2022
Horlardorjah:

Will drop message for you
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justcool(m): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2022
DeepSight:

Dearest friend and brother!
How art thou?

Oga Deepsight!

I'm doing very fine. How are you? Longest time
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justcool(m): 9:45pm On Apr 18, 2022
raymondFirstborn:

Foundation - 3 - 4m
BLOCK work Ground floor - N3.6m
DECKING - N5M
Upper floor Block work - N3.3m.

ROOFING (CONTEMPORARY ) - 2.5M + FELTING

OR
Traditional hip roof + parapet - N3.5m - 4m

cool

Thanks a lot!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluyale(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2022
GloriousGbola:

i repeatedly asked the question when we were presented with this solution - where is the methane going? i could not get a clear answer. maybe you can tell us.

also can anyone point to a biodigester installation of over 5 years?
when i tried to match research with what was being done, i got the feeling a lot of the elements are being cut out to reduce costs

The methane gas generated from a biogas is used to generate electricity and for cooking.
If you can't afford the cost implication to put a biogas in place there is no need to do one. Hence It is adviceable to do ordinary digester

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2022
toluyale:

The methane gas generated from a biogas is used to generate electricity and for cooking.
If you can't afford the cost implication to put a biogas in place there is no need to do one. Hence It is adviceable to do ordinary digester

This is not about the cost implication of a biodigester.

It is about questions none of the experts could give a satisfactory answer to

The methane generated is SUPPOSED to be used to generate electricity and for cooking.

That would however require additional /supplementary installations. Methane powered electronical plant or methane collection and storage for cooking.

In the case I am referencing, the installers had claimed that they did the biodigester for banks. They were offering us the biodigester for our facilities

This however begged the question - neither the banks nor my employer had any use for methane

So WHERE was the methane generated In the banks and other commercial clients going? Was it being discharged into the atmosphere? Was it being flared?

They could not give a clear answer. It should be noted that methane is highly flammable and poisonous in high concentrations.

We did not go through with the engagement because the 'biodigester experts' who incidentally I picked from a nairaland thread could not answer my questions. In fact the people who came had the same set of pictures of their installation that a different biodigester vendor who I was also checking out had.

Maybe you can give a more detailed answer than the biodigester will be used to generate electricity and for cooking because we know few if any end users have any use for methane

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2022
Jasobry:
Please I'm in a dilemma, which is preferable between increte and interlocking floor in a compound?

The choice is up to you.

The advantage of paving stones is that they can be deployed very fast. Buy them off the shelf, get your artisan, spread sand and you have your driveway in a day or less.

Concrete will require procurement of sand, gravel cement. You will need your team to do the casting. You will have to wait for it to cure.

Honestly, from describing it for a domestic residence, paving stones sound better and more straightforward. As long as you get good quality ones.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:39pm On Apr 18, 2022
n3xt:

Egbon no be me employ you here as gatekeeper. E free me na.

Make you dey go follow Aunty talk your talk.

Which Aunty? You guys no go kil person for here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chapmanovie: 2:29am On Apr 19, 2022
Anyone with the idea of cost of cement now In Benin?��
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:38am On Apr 19, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:10am On Apr 19, 2022
Good morning everyone and compliments of the season.

I have been contracted to construct a 38ft tank stand in Enugu. I hope you take out time from your very busy schedule to follow me on this journey.

Thank you all and stay blessed. Follow the project on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/4088969/classy-iron-works/8

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:05am On Apr 19, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 7:17am On Apr 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:08am On Apr 19, 2022
Good morning greets engineers wink
Due have nice day ahead

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

CALL/WHATSAPP:08163862804 cheesy cheesy[code][/code]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EternalYouth(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2022
Good morning. Please help me review this quotation from the man handle electrical work . It is on 4 units of 2 bedroom flats. The estimate is for the laying of pipe for electrical work.
Thank you.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geld001: 9:51am On Apr 19, 2022
Good morning bosses and My Oga dem...I'm a professional Trader based at Alaba International Market Ojo Lagos state...I can help you source for your Electrical/Electronics Materials at Moderate prices and Waybill to any destination in Nigeria..
My whatsapp is always open 24/7
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:02am On Apr 19, 2022
EternalYouth:
Good morning. Please help me review this quotation from the plumber. It is on 4 units of 2 bedroom flats. The estimate is for the laying of pipe for electrical work.
Thank you.

This thing no clear?.. plumber electrical?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EternalYouth(m): 10:13am On Apr 19, 2022
Thank you, sir. It's for electrical work. Please kindly help look into it.
twinskenny:

This thing no clear?.. plumber electrical?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2022
Geld001:
Good morning bosses and My Oga dem...I'm a professional Trader based at Alaba International Market Ojo Lagos state...I can help you source for your Electrical/Electronics Materials at Moderate prices and Waybill to any destination in Nigeria..
My whatsapp is always open 24/7

You’re onto a good thing, if it’ll help save money.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:12am On Apr 19, 2022
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ..

12v 200a .... N20,000
12v 150a.....N15,000
12v 100a.......N10,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ...

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geld001: 1:57pm On Apr 19, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

You’re onto a good thing, if it’ll help save money.

Egun my Oga..Thanks for your compliments sir..Just a Young graduate trying to survive..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:56pm On Apr 19, 2022
Geld001:

Egun my Oga..Thanks for your compliments sir..Just a Young graduate trying to survive..

Do it with diligence and seriousness of purpose and you’ll make it.

Follow the footsteps of people like Spyder880, Aventures, AbdulWastecx, etc no drama.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2022
I observe a certain door from ONLY my water outlet. Local-man is not a frequent user of hot water. I notice that the door dissipates if hot water is used heavily.

So has anybody else noticed an door from the water tank and if so how can I avoid it save for more usage of hot water.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rukyboy(m): 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2022
Trailer of granite. 30 tons. 460k.

God help us!

Location. Warri

Country is finished.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2943) (2944) (2945) (2946) (2947) (2948) (2949) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Badgers14, aieromon(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.