Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3666) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4447835 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 1:22pm On May 01
Greeting to you all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 1:26pm On May 01
olukaygold:

We actually raised that water tank up with 8ft Tank Stand for more Water pressure at the First Floor.
I understand...guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. Function over aesthetics any day.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:47pm On May 01
CircleOfWilis:
give us examples
Nigerite fibre cement ceilings

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:37pm On May 01
diordaves:

Can fibre cement boards be installed so that they appear like a wall-to-wall continuous plain flat ceiling with no designs, partitions or cornices?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:01pm On May 01
Rany4all:
Can fibre cement boards be installed so that they appear like a wall-to-wall continuous plain flat ceiling with no designs, partitions or cornices?

Yes. Just screed over the design to get a smooth finish if this is your thing. You can also screed over joints to have a continuous finish.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:07pm On May 01
diordaves:

Yes. Just screed over the design to get a smooth finish if this is your thing. You can also screed over joints to have a continuous finish.
Ok, great...but what about its thermal and sound insulating properties? Just as good as POP?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:49pm On May 01
Rany4all:
Ok, great...but what about its thermal and sound insulating properties? Just as good as POP?

Nigerite boards have a thickness of 3mm. If you are going to screed over, then this will add 2mm to the thickness with a total of 5mm thickness. This is about the average thickness of POP installations. So you will get about the same thermal and sound insulation as your average POP installation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:07pm On May 01
No comment

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uwemjack(m): 5:55pm On May 01
TeetoBolt:
Guys I need your help, my engineer is telling me that my foundation will be this tall due to swampy area, I am scared of the amount I will spend, any suggestions please

Have you done soil test for your site?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 8:31pm On May 01
olukaygold:
Happy New Month Brethren. Handling over this House Keys to my Client latest next week Wednesday... .

Happy new month to you boss. And Happy handling in advance.

Thanks your patronage on this project. Looking forward to do more business with you.

More successful contracts sha always come your way. AMEN
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:03pm On May 01
Greetings to all our valued customers at Atlantic Interiors and Exteriors Designs.May this month be filled with inspiration,creativity, and the realization of your design dreams. Here's to another month of transforming spaces together.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajaosaheed12(m): 9:21pm On May 01
Land for sale at opic estate close barger for more information and inspection you can call this number 09013794463.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CELEBRITYSAND: 10:18pm On May 01
donAlvan:
✅️ IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR QUALITY LOOK NO FURTHER ✅

📞 CALL OR WHATS APP CELEBRITY SAND AND GRANITE SUPPLIER ON. 08037136667

💥 WE SUPPLY💥 TO ANY LOCATION 
       🟡 GRAVEL.
       🟡 PLASTERING SAND.
       🟡 SHARP SAND.
       🟡 FILLING SAND
       🟡 TOP SOIL
       🟡 GRANITE
       🟡 STONEBASE
       🟡 SALT FREE SAND.
       🟡 WE HAVE 30 20 &10TONS.              TRUCK FOR PROMPT DELIVERY
       🟡SITE EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE FOR HIRE.

💥 OUR DELIVERY  AND QUALITY  TOP NOTCH 💥

📍TRANSPORTATION COST DEPENDS ON LOCATION AND QUANTITY.

🔴CASH ON DELIVERY ALSO AVAILABLE

✅️we also offer site management  services.

When PROPERLY MOBILIZED WE CAN MOVE TO ANY LOCATION IN THE COUNTRY AND DELIVER.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 3:13am On May 02
My Good People and Ogas in the House, l dey Greet una..

I am here once again, to re-introduce my Builder to you, for Patronage.

First, l want to thank those of you who gave him Jobs, when l first introduced him to this House, back in 2019.
I am also thanking him, (BASHY-BUILDS), for not disappointing those who reposed confidence in my recommendation and gave him jobs. Your good commendations of him, after he worked for you, some of which l will quote below, speaks volume.

Due to the economic challenges of our “Time and Country” (Cost of Building materials, Inflation, etc) and the fact that very Honest Workmen with Integrity, find it “challenging” in our environment, because they won’t cut-corners with Client’s Funds and some of us (Clients), may not properly appreciate Tradesmen who cant “Package Lies”!
So, he called me that he is currently out of Job Streams, ... but personally, l am not building right now.

I hate to see an intelligent, honest and trustworthy Builder or Service provider stand idle, while “Packagings” are getting the Jobs.
This is why l have taken it upon myself, to bring him to our attention here.

It is unusual for me to stick my neck out for a Seller or Builder or Service Provider but having used him for a Storey building, a Bungalow, fencing of some very large parcels of land, having seen him honestly manage Project funds transferred to him, by Clients in Diaspora whose Job he undertook and such Clients are saying he is “one out of many”, l think others should also benefit from his Services, while he also benefits from his own Handwork and Integrity.
No Service provider or Workman, should regret being a Good Person.

He is very intelligent, understands even complicated information, very quickly, he does not complain or try to dodge work, his Honesty is “not Nigerian” (forgive me for putting it that way but you all know what l mean), you can give him instructions and leave your site, he will do exactly as agreed, he is also very calm-headed and his charges are reasonable!
A few Diaspora Customers have funneled Hundreds of Millions of Naira to him, to build their Projects and they come home to a completed House, No Arguements, No ifs, No Buts.

His Name is Bashiru Adewoyin.
BASHY-BUILDS.
PHONE: 091 550 121 07
WHATSAPP: =234 91 550 121 07

He is your ordinary Builder, minus all those “packagings”, he just gets your Job done and done perfectly. That, l consider a good thing because he is authentic and gets the job done without any fuss or supervision.

I will post some of his Jobs here and put a link to his Page on Nairaland.
“Repuation is Everything”, for people like me and to recommend someone here, means that person is beyond reproach..
Your Funds, Materials and Projects are SAFEwith him, that is my Bond and Guarranty to you, if you give him a Job.
I did recommend my Painter and as of today, he has painted the House of a lot of Nairalanders

NB: I am doing this for free, out of a good heart, as a form of APPRECIATION to Bashy Builds, that we can still get this kind of Honest Builders/ Sellers/Service Prividers in Nigeria.
Please give him your building Jobs, whether Big or Small Jobs and then come back here to post a review of his personality and performance.

Thank you.

Please visit his Thread on Nairaland below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5460095/bashy-builds-delight-house-owners#82956416

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 7:09am On May 02
diordaves:

Nigerite boards have a thickness of 3mm. If you are going to screed over, then this will add 2mm to the thickness with a total of 5mm thickness. This is about the average thickness of POP installations. So you will get about the same thermal and sound insulation as your average POP installation.
Oh, that's wonderful. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 7:13am On May 02
diordaves:

Do you work there? If yes, how do you sell them? 4mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm. Total purchase up to 1500 - delivery in Ede, around Osogbo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opera1(m): 10:08am On May 02
Pls how much is a bad of Cement in your area?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipgarza31: 11:01am On May 02
OnMyHonor:
My Good People and Ogas in the House, l dey Greet una..

I am here once again, to re-introduce my Builder to you, for Patronage.

First, l want to thank those of you who gave him Jobs, when l first introduced him to this House, back in 2019.
I am also thanking him, (BASHY-BUILDS), for not disappointing those who reposed confidence in my recommendation and gave him jobs. Your good commendations of him, after he worked for you, some of which l will quote below, speaks volume.

Due to the economic challenges of our “Time and Country” (Cost of Building materials, Inflation, etc) and the fact that very Honest Workmen with Integrity, find it “challenging” in our environment, because they won’t cut-corners with Client’s Funds and some of us (Clients), may not properly appreciate Tradesmen who cant “Package Lies”!
So, he called me that he is currently out of Job Streams, ... but personally, l am not building right now.

I hate to see an intelligent, honest and trustworthy Builder or Service provider stand idle, while “Packagings” are getting the Jobs.
This is why l have taken it upon myself, to bring him to our attention here.

It is unusual for me to stick my neck out for a Seller or Builder or Service Provider but having used him for a Storey building, a Bungalow, fencing of some very large parcels of land, having seen him honestly manage Project funds transferred to him, by Clients in Diaspora whose Job he undertook and such Clients are saying he is “one out of many”, l think others should also benefit from his Services, while he also benefits from his own Handwork and Integrity.
No Service provider or Workman, should regret being a Good Person.

He is very intelligent, understands even complicated information, very quickly, he does not complain or try to dodge work, his Honesty is “not Nigerian” (forgive me for putting it that way but you all know what l mean), you can give him instructions and leave your site, he will do exactly as agreed, he is also very calm-headed and his charges are reasonable!
A few Diaspora Customers have funneled Hundreds of Millions of Naira to him, to build their Projects and they come home to a completed House, No Arguements, No ifs, No Buts.

His Name is Bashiru Adewoyin.
BASHY-BUILDS.
PHONE: 091 550 121 07
WHATSAPP: =234 91 550 121 07

He is your ordinary Builder, minus all those “packagings”, he just gets your Job done and done perfectly. That, l consider a good thing because he is authentic and gets the job done without any fuss or supervision.

I will post some of his Jobs here and put a link to his Page on Nairaland.
“Repuation is Everything”, for people like me and to recommend someone here, means that person is beyond reproach..
Your Funds, Materials and Projects are SAFEwith him, that is my Bond and Guarranty to you, if you give him a Job.
I did recommend my Painter and as of today, he has painted the House of a lot of Nairalanders

NB: I am doing this for free, out of a good heart, as a form of APPRECIATION to Bashy Builds, that we can still get this kind of Honest Builders/ Sellers/Service Prividers in Nigeria.
Please give him your building Jobs, whether Big or Small Jobs and then come back here to post a review of his personality and performance.

Thank you.

Please visit his Thread on Nairaland below:

https://www.nairaland.com/5460095/bashy-builds-delight-house-owners#82956416

Forget these tales baba, the economy is the reason he is not working right now. In fact, the best thing you can do for him is to either find him another job or, if you can, hire him. As of right now, no one is building—I reiterate—no ongoing project of this nature. These are difficult times for all architects and civil engineers. Emilakan has wrecked the economy, but under Buhari, things were going so well that people were building everywhere. In fact, almost all of the young people in my family moved into their first homes within six months. However, because of inflation, people's main concern these days is their stomachs, and things will only get worse. Kindly instruct him to put away his shovels and headpans and find another task to do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:26am On May 02
VanuatuWycombe:

Do you work there? If yes, how do you sell them? 4mm, 6mm, 8mm and 10mm. Total purchase up to 1500 - delivery in Ede, around Osogbo.

I'm not working there o. I'm just an ordinary homeowner. There must be a distributor in Osogbo. Ask well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SpectaSpace: 12:56pm On May 02
Philipgarza31:

Forget these tales baba, the economy is the reason he is not working right now. In fact, the best thing you can do for him is to either find him another job or, if you can, hire him. As of right now, no one is building—I reiterate—no ongoing project of this nature. These are difficult times for all architects and civil engineers. Emilakan has wrecked the economy, but under Buhari, things were going so well that people were building everywhere. In fact, almost all of the young people in my family moved into their first homes within six months. However, because of inflation, people's main concern these days is their stomachs, and things will only get worse. Kindly instruct him to put away his shovels and headpans and find another task to do.

You’re so much on point! The era of GCs is fast fading now. More smart homeowners are working with subcontractors and tradespeople in order to cut down their Construction costs.

It makes more sense to go for experienced construction managers who charge per visits instead of hiring general contractors when working on small builds like duplexes, bungalows and other small projects.

What’s the role of a GC in fixing an Italian kitchen?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 1:52pm On May 02
gentlesoul83:

Happy new month to you boss. And Happy handling in advance.

Thanks your patronage on this project. Looking forward to do more business with you.

More successful contracts sha always come your way. AMEN
Amen.Same wishes... .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 2:06pm On May 02
diordaves:

I'm not working there o. I'm just an ordinary homeowner. There must be a distributor in Osogbo. Ask well.

Ok, bro. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by VanuatuWycombe: 2:08pm On May 02
opera1:
Pls how much is a bad of Cement in your area?

As at today the 2nd of May, 2024, it is N7,500 per bag - BUA @ TwinsFaja, Mowe Office.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OnMyHonor: 2:33pm On May 02
Thank you for your comments, l really appreciate them.
As it is, no matter how difficult it is, there will always be People who want to Build. Some are even starting their first Build, despite the hard times...It is God's doing.
There is a Proverb which translates as: "If we are Pounding yam in a Leaf and Cooking Stew in Skin of Groundnut, those who Stomach will be filled, will be filled"
Having said that, BASHY-BUILDS is capable and ready to do Small Small Jobs as well, Building/Bricklaying is What he knows by Training, What he does all his Life and he is not going to become a good Carpenter, all of a sudden. A Family Man does not refuse legitimate Work.
I hope others will find it fit, to give him a Trial.

Once again, l thank both of you for your inputs.

OnMyHonor: Due to the economic challenges of our “Time and Country” (Cost of Building materials, Inflation, etc) and the fact that very Honest Workmen with Integrity, find it “challenging” in our environment, because they won’t cut-corners with Client’s Funds and some of us (Clients), may not properly appreciate Tradesmen who cant “Package Lies”!

Philipgarza31:

SpectaSpace:

You’re so much on point! The era of GCs is fast fading now. More smart homeowners are working with subcontractors and tradespeople in order to cut down their Construction costs.

It makes more sense to go for experienced construction managers who charge per visits instead of hiring general contractors when working on small builds like duplexes, bungalows and other small projects.

What’s the role of a GC in fixing an Italian kitchen?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Port443: 3:06pm On May 02
diordaves:

Can you get exact design as that of a normal pop? In terms of cost, when compared to pop which one is costlier?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoldCircle: 3:13pm On May 02
TeetoBolt:
Guys I need your help, my engineer is telling me that my foundation will be this tall due to swampy area, I am scared of the amount I will spend, any suggestions please

Better listen to him especially if his explanation makes sense. You cannot take it higher once completed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ajabani4allah(m): 3:30pm On May 02
I have two questions concerning my 3 bedroom bungalow house project

1. It's at the roofing stage, the size is 52ft by 20ft plus the verandah( verandah is not having shoot out) pls how much will the roofing cost. Pls note: I won't be using fancy and expensive roofing sheet just the normal type and very low roofing angle

2. Is ring soak-away pit advisable? I don't want to construct the convectional soak-away pit

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:33pm On May 02
erico2k2:
What ever kind of batteries you put is entirely up to you, you can buy rechargeable AA batteries and install in them, they take AA or AAA batteries just like your TV remote controls.

I think most smoke detectors have the 9V battery. But like you said, it could be ordinary or rechargeable ones.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipgarza31: 3:39pm On May 02
OnMyHonor:
Thank you for your comments, l really appreciate them.
As it is, no matter how difficult it is, there will always be People who want to Build. Some are even starting their first Build, despite the hard times...It is God's doing.
There is a Proverb which translates as: "If we are Pounding yam in a Leaf and Cooking Stew in Skin of Groundnut, those who Stomach will be filled, will be filled"
Having said that, BASHY-BUILDS is capable and ready to do Small Small Jobs as well, Building/Bricklaying is What he knows by Training, What he does all his Life and he is not going to become a good Carpenter, all of a sudden. A Family Man does not refuse legitimate Work.
I hope others will find it fit, to give him a Trial.

Once again, l thank both of you for your inputs.

dey play you don’t understand what time it is now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opera1(m): 4:09pm On May 02
VanuatuWycombe:

As at today the 2nd of May, 2024, it is N7,500 per bag - BUA @ TwinsFaja, Mowe Office.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:44pm On May 02
Port443:

Can you get exact design as that of a normal pop? In terms of cost, when compared to pop which one is costlier?

Nigerite fibre cement is cheaper to install with minimal screeding of the joints to have a continuous finish.

However, if you now wish to over engineer it to have organic finish like installed POP, you might as well do POP as it would cost you more at the end of the day.

Fibre cement is for a clean, simple modern budget ceiling solution.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obinnau(m): 4:59pm On May 02
Where can someone get this lattice girder in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3663) (3664) (3665) (3666) (3667) (3668) (3669) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: megacontrol(m), topsy23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.