Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,483 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387662 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
Somebody was walking around naked and a mad man gave him an advice.

The mad man said, “‘go look for your clothes where you took a bath last”

It was an unsolicited advice though.

Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
CMC180:
Dears

How good is SeeBest electric cables

Electrician recommended

Cc Topsy
Twinskenny

Hearing the name for the first time though. Not sure the company is in Lagos.
I konw of Berliac Cables and Wires that just started producing recently

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
FEGEITOK:
For the records, I have asked the vendor to show good faith, I have asked him to make partial payments if he is unable to make payment in full, I have also asked him to consult a lawyer.

Check those words against my moniker. The relevant posts will appear

I have said before actions and inactions can create legal obligations. That A doesn't realize this doesn't mean that B will not. That C does not take action doesn't mean D will not take action to enforce his or her rights.

What I will not do is post the above everytime the vendor posts, I will not engage in such collective action, my license to practice is too important to join those who know no better to do what is patently wrong.

I came from a background in which words are currency, so I pick and choose my words very carefully.

I insist that the words "mob action" apply to the matter at hand. Every word or phrase has several meanings and I have clarified that the meaning under American law which makes it a crime is not my meaning, I used it in it's plain literal meaning and not legal meaning.

If there is any legal meaning attached under Nigerian Law, then the appropriate word is "cyber bullying" and there have been cases in that regard that you can look up to see if they don't apply.

I have no problem with what they are doing to n3xt, he called it on itself.
But the name you gave it is the right name,
They harassed blessedsunny one time. Just because he collected a job from next and refuses to publicly back their claim. That is clear mob action.

This has nothing to do with any act of deflection.

They are here claiming what they did to blessedsunny is not mob action. When it is clearly is.
The issue with this is that we have always put too much emotion, where we should have put in logical reasoning.
What they did to blessedsunny is clearly mobaction

I clearly called it bullying then.

Pls note
This is not in defence of n3xt.
This is just against the cyber bullying that people here bullied others who won't support their cause

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2022
Stopthecap:

When in a hole, stop digging.

I am well aware of your posts and their leaning in this case

The fact that you will not do something does not make it ILLEGAL.

I post when I want to.

Again show how I have bullied or participated in online mob bullying.

You made the claim, PROVE IT

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2022
"Show me your friends /what you support etc and I will tell you who you are is ever green".

No matter how they mask it, it's always very clear to the discerning.

Back to waiting for more excuse(s).
Yesterday was sickness.....

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:07pm On Apr 20, 2022
Nobody should take client money and not deliver
All individuals here must open their eye before getting into any contract
A contractors and vendors must be paid if they deliver their work

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
CMC180:
Dears

How good is SeeBest electric cables

Electrician recommended

Cc Topsy
Twinskenny

I never heard of them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2022
FEGEITOK:
It is not one person but the actions of all accounts who post immediately after the vendor who is owing a client that constitutes mob action.

I repeat the actions as a collective.

That includes the harassment and intimidation meted out to other vendors who those monikers are assumed to have a soft spot for the vendor in question.

Pray tell which law backed the action of hounding a vendor and forcing him to make comments in support of your cause, going to his page to make derisory comments.

What's the difference between that and the mob action by those who believe in homosexuality against anyone who believes the opposite.

A mob is a group not one person.

The actions of all those monikers in concert is the issue.

I don't care about your cause whether it is right or wrong.

All I care is to call it by its name.

That does not take away from the fact that there is a debt that should be paid.

Separate emotions from issues and you will appreciate my angle.

Whether it is mob action, online mob, or flash mob (afterall all those monikers come out in a flash as soon as the said vendor posts) , it all qualifies as cyber bullying by the said monikers.

That's why I provided examples in the pasted links and pictures extract the principles ignore the parties there is no difference.

It is extra legal aka jungle justice

Reducing the matter btw Somehow and N3xt (and indeed btw N3xt & 11+ others) to an issue of debt is a misrepresentation of the facts.
If NL has an active policing system this Nxt would not have been here by now and no need for the "mob". Even in sane systems there are vigilantes.
So, oga, delete your mob and replace it with VIGILANTES.
Shout out to all the vigilantes in this thread who are working to prevent another victim from agony of substandard building. Let no vendor be swallowing semo with project money and be taunting the client at the same time!

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:45pm On Apr 20, 2022
Some might decide to keep silent and carry their opinion with them to the grave. They are ‘wise’ because if you do take sides you risk being accused of collaboration.
Even if you are skeptical, you still make yourself a bad person.

Either way, just follow your mind.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

He has a forum where he decides who post and on what, if its his 'contributions' they want to see without opposing views, let them sign up there.

Until he refunds my money he deceifully collected and spent, I won't let his comments here stay unchallenged and I know alot here too support this resolution.
Simple and short. Bosun Davies Shoyeye fan boys Go to kobocity.com No one will drag with your favorite internet builder there grin

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Riddle me this..

Why do you think upper floor blockwork will cost lesser, considering the labour cost is more as you go up

Also considering there will be more rooms / walls upstairs..

I also do not agree on 3m for Foundation of a 5 bedroom duplex, especially at today's present cost..

Also, you said Roof + Parapet for about 3.5million...

If in-situ Parapet alone costs about 1.5 million (granite alone is 400k +) does this mean Woodwork and Roof cover will cost 2 million naira?

I always come in peace and this is just a discussion.

Ok.

-Of course wood from the decking would be used for upper floor Block work.
That reduces cost .

-16mm used on the ground floor and 12mm used on the upper floor columns.
Drop in cost

-We should be looking at the use of 6" blocks for partitioning. Especially toilets.
Drop in cost

With my calculations, I am also looking at sharpsand remaining from decking work. grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
raymondFirstborn:

Ok.

-Of course wood from the decking would be used for upper floor Block work.
That reduces cost .

-16mm used on the ground floor and 12mm used on the upper floor columns.
Drop in cost

-We should be looking at the use of 6" blocks for partitioning. Especially toilets.
Drop in cost

With my calculations, I am also looking at sharpsand remaining from decking work. grin

In my area, there's only a N10 difference between 6" and 9" blocks. That's only a N50K savings on 5K blocks.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:51pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

When it's time to put their money where their mouth is, they will disappear but come here to preach or label those who has chosen to expose and warn potential victims about a certain known character.

Today is 20th, rather than type epistle, you can as well help him out or just give him a project he can use the money to pay up the one he was paid before but spent.

Even with all the evidence(s) scattered all over Nairaland, they rather bury their heads in the sand and start asking silly questions answered multiple times already.

Nonsense upon nonsense.

I know the excuses I'm dealing with offline, that I'm quiet here does not give any bloody person not affected by the matter the right to dance in my garden.

Leave them.

When it comes to other peoples money, It is very easy to play "devils advocate" or "neutral observer"

But they have no problem calling people who warn others part of a mob or cyber bullies

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2022
coldcandy:

Reducing the matter btw Somehow and N3xt (and indeed btw N3xt & 11+ others) to an issue of debt is a misrepresentation of the facts.
If NL has an active policing system this Nxt would not have been here by now and no need for the "mob". Even in sane systems there are vigilantes.
Shout out to all the vigilantes in this thread who are working to prevent another victim from agony of substandard building. Let no vendor be swallowing semo with project money and be taunting the client at the same time!

Some people will never acknowledge the truth, even if the facts hit them across the face with a 2 x 4

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 8:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

When it's time to put their money where their mouth is, they will disappear but come here to preach or label those who have chosen to expose and warn potential victims about a certain known character.

Today is 20th, rather than type an epistle, you can as well help him out or just give him a project he can use the money to pay up the one he was paid before but spent.

Even with all the evidence(s) scattered all over Nairaland, they rather bury their heads in the sand and start asking silly questions answered multiple times already.

Nonsense upon nonsense.

I know the excuses I'm dealing with offline, that I'm quite here does not give any bloody person not affected by the matter the right to dance in my garden.
not everyone is a dump to put his hand in the fire, you chose to give him your project so deal with it and stop forcing people to do like you.

I said it the way it is, let haven fall

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

He has a forum where he decides who post and on what, if its his 'contributions' they want to see without opposing views, let them sign up there.

Until he refunds my money he deceifully collected and spent, I won't let his comments here stay unchallenged and I know alot here too support this resolution.
i disagree, you wanted to prove a point and you threw away your money.
Don't come and start the lies because I was here.

The record of his 419 was here for you to see and you foolishly gave him your money

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:04pm On Apr 20, 2022
coldcandy:

His accomplice got their share of the semo through FedEx that's the reason they can stay up till early hours only to use words they lack knowledge about.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
coldcandy:

That's the most you can get as 'premium' from a 'low budget' lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:11pm On Apr 20, 2022
@sonnie10
I don't know you personally, I don't know your behaviour offline, but on here, your comments are childish.
@n3xt a sane person would have sorted out his gbese before coming here to rub his koboko whip city madness on our faces.
@micgray100 n3xt gave you part of the money that's why you have been mute.

You guys should take it easy with @blessedsunny naija hard.

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:15pm On Apr 20, 2022
coldcandy:

The use of the highlighted word has not been justified...even till this moment. I kept reading the usual long epistles till I got bored and scrolled.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2022
bobkezel:
@sonnie10
I don't know you personally, I don't know your behaviour offline, but on here, your comments are childish.
@n3xt a sane person would have sorted out his gbese before coming here to rub his koboko whip city madness on our faces.
@micgray100 n3xt gave you part of the money that's why you have been mute.

You guys should take it easy with @blessedsunny naija hard.

Comments about what?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2022
Sigh! I’ve only been away for few hours.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:48pm On Apr 20, 2022

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2022
FEGEITOK:
For the records, I have asked the vendor to show good faith, I have asked him to make partial payments if he is unable to make payment in full, I have also asked him to consult a lawyer.

All these would have been behind us since 15th of this month but my creditor failed to pay me.

I’m always in communication with the client since 15th of the month. For me, the time to act is now not because of inconsequential cyber bullies but because I have better things to do and this gbese will make me look insensitive if I do not take it off.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2022
n3xt:

All these would have been behind us since 15th of this month but my creditor failed to pay me.

I’m always in communication with the client since 15th of the month. For me, the time to act is now not because of inconsequential cyber bullies but because I have better things to do and this gbese will make me look insensitive if I do not take it off.

Bosun, fear fear.
You don use this excuse dodge the mid April deadline abi?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
multikolour:

The record of his 419 was here for you to see and you foolishly gave him your money

Okay, now move along and let me deal with him in my "foolishness".

And by "you were there", who are you and what's your stake in this?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:00pm On Apr 20, 2022
multikolour:

Most recently, a lawyer (as he calls himself) here called it 'debt'.
Please is it 419, fraud, theft or debt? I'm getting confused.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:01pm On Apr 20, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

Most recently, a lawyer (as he calls himself) here called it 'debt'.
Please is it 419, fraud, theft or debt? I'm getting confused.

Since he/she was there, can she/he tell us what was agreed in her/his presence with the 419 according to her/him?

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:05pm On Apr 20, 2022
n3xt:

It's not just gbese.

It's the money paid to you to buy materials in advance which you didn't buy months after collecting the money before you were relieved of the job.

I didn't borrow you money that you are to pay back.

So lets define the "gbese/debt" within context before they start changing the narrative.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:08pm On Apr 20, 2022
Good evening everyone... Bozac aluminiums do they fade? Any idea if they are good?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:10pm On Apr 20, 2022
somehow:

It's not just gbese.

It's the money paid to you to buy materials in advance which you didn't buy months after collecting the money before you were relieved of the job.

I didn't borrow you money that you are to pay back.

So lets define the "gbese/debt" within context before they start changing the narrative.

Bro, we’ve gone past this stage. Let’s move forward abeg. I’m tired already.

Money collected to buy glass, which was delivered and got broken on site and has to be refunded by the contractor is called what?

It is Gbese in my dictionary. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2947) (2948) (2949) (2950) (2951) (2952) (2953) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: double3(m), topsy23, redgem(f), Geld(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.