Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:37 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385815 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:53pm On Apr 28, 2022
topsy23:

Wiring first before POP. Make sure your house is secure before you start the cabling

Main entrance door must be in place.

Window or very strong burglary must be installed.

Remember cables is very expensive now so don't give room for thieves .
flesh and blood didn't reveal those to you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by supajizy(m): 9:55pm On Apr 28, 2022
kalu61:
There is a mechanic property test for steel. Among the mechanic property tests are yield strength, hardness, ultimate tensile strength and percentage elongation. Ability to elongate is not the only criteria. Aside that, the % carbon and magnesium of the steel gives slight difference.

The mechanic property of steel can range between 384-500 N/mm2 and not a constant.

Lastly, l stated that so long as local the steel is certified, it's good to be used.

What's are you disagreeing?

Ultimate tensile strength and yield strength are the most important for the design of a concrete structure. And the minimum recommended is 400n/mm2. So if you say local can carry more load and it has a lower tensile strength then you contradicting yourself sir. So I don't agree it can carry more load.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chapmanovie: 10:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Look for an experienced mason for plaster work..Must reside in Benin please and available for the job……It’s a 2bedroom flat …
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2022
MrDraey:
Good evening house,

I am back again with my questions.

Please can i run a POP ceiling while wiring is pending or must I do the wiring before POP?
If you can do both concurrently....

But for safety, do wiring then pop and also fittings at once... If your area us vulnerable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:19pm On Apr 28, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Can you supply about 4-5 tonnes to Orchid around Eleganza tomorrow

Preferably LCI rods.

Strictly payment on delivery?

And pls reply here with cost per ton
I have replied you sir, just waiting for respond and go ahead so we can load asap tomorrow morning sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chapmanovie: 11:35pm On Apr 28, 2022
Chapmanovie:
Look for an experienced mason for plaster work..Must reside in Benin please and available for the job……It’s a 2bedroom flat …

Please I need urgent answers the masons I have met are charging about 140k and I kinda feel it’s too much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 12:59am On Apr 29, 2022
Badgers14:

Why are you trying to track him down if I may ask?

Deal gone bad?

Or are you trying to give him more contract?

Yes, deal gone bad.
He has blocked me on Wats App and not picking up my calls.
Elders here have reached out to him he ignored their messages.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 1:49am On Apr 29, 2022
Are you looking for the best Increte installer or you need a professional someone who can help work on your floor project why not try us and see the best job we got for you

We are
Christ-muticrete Concretes
REG NO: 3161944

We are into
HOME SERVICES CREATIONS

We offer professional

* WALLPAPER
* 3D WALL PANEL INSTALLATION
* STAMPED CONCRETE FLOOR
* WINDOW BLIND
* POP CEILINGGS AND TV CONSOLES
* TILES
* HOUSE WASHING SERVICE
* INTERIOR & EXTERIOR DECOR

Call us for good and quality JOBS

and pls feel free to call me and ask me any question and other things you like to know or you can WhatsApp me on this number 08134410562. Those are some of my work pic you I can send you more if you wanna see them

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:54am On Apr 29, 2022
topsy23:

Wiring first before POP. Make sure your house is secure before you start the cabling

Main entrance door must be in place.

Window or very strong burglary must be installed.

Remember cables is very expensive now so don't give room for thieves .
What about the pop lights?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Billyjim: 6:30am On Apr 29, 2022
Billyjim:
Hello my people, after an advice on this thread. So I ve decided to contact my technician for the qotation. Kindly assist me to review the it. Please note I have attached the qotation without water heater and qotation for just water heater installation.

The engineers in the house, kindly help me to review this.

CC topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:00am On Apr 29, 2022
redgem:
Okay no problem...will get back to you
ok boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2022
bobkezel:

What about the pop lights?

The POP light can come after the POP and cabling have been completed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2022
Billyjim:
Hello my people, after an advice on this thread. So I ve decided to contact my technician for the qotation. Kindly assist me to review the it. Please note I have attached the qotation without water heater and qotation for just water heater installation.

Tell him to give you price for PPR for the hot line so that you can compare the two
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:11am On Apr 29, 2022
MrDraey:
Good evening house,

Please can i run a POP ceiling while wiring is pending or must I do the wiring before POP?

Don't do wiring ooo.. if your site is not secure.

They will steal your wires.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 9:15am On Apr 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

what about the rods u said u need baba, I have been expecting to hear from you.
KolaShangOne:

Can you supply about 4-5 tonnes to Orchid around Eleganza tomorrow

Preferably LCI rods.

Strictly payment on delivery?

And pls reply here with cost per ton
hslbroker2:

Yes

16mm, 12mm or 10mm?

16mm @N438, 000
12mm @N438, 000
10mm @N442, 000

Payment on delivery (LCI)

WhatsApp me. Through my WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:18am On Apr 29, 2022
Kambols95:
Good morning my fellow house members. Please has any one in the house dealt with a reliable construction company that sells ready-mix concrete in Lagos?

Urgent reply needed. Thanks �

He doesn’t post here as much but RichYoungRuler is the only one I recollect ever using one on here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:19am On Apr 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

They stole mine at Omi.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Na so Copper is hot cake in the market now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

They stole mine at Omi.
Chai, l know you have German Shepherd, I guess your Dog's were not yet in your building when those thieves visited your site, more German Shepherd should be put on your site if possible >>(my unsolicited advice)

I don't mind having 7 Rottweilers and German Dog's on any of my buildings in Nigeria plus A pistol under my bed + Cctv camera everywhere, once l hear all my Dogs barking, l will wakeup like James Bond and Get ready to send any bastard thief to the great beyond.

My settling down full-time in Nigeria will depend on several factors and SECURITY WILL BE MY NUMBER ONE UTMOST INVESTMENT, security within and around were l sleep will be of utmost importance to me than anything, Stop them before they stop you is my Policy grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2022
twinskenny:
he won't sell
he wont sell site wey don dey stagnant for more than 10years. he should just wait a bit, people who are more serious in this tech space would soon take nairaland's space.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Chai, l know you have German Shepherd, I guess your Dog's were not yet in your building when those thieves visited your site, more German Shepherd should be put on your site if possible >>(my unsolicited advice)

I don't mind having 7 Rottweilers and German Dog's on any of my buildings in Nigeria plus A pistol under my bed + Cctv camera everywhere, once l hear all my Dogs barking, l will wakeup like James Bond and Get ready to send any bastard thief to the great beyond.

My settling down full-time in Nigeria will depend on several factors and SECURITY WILL BE MY NUMBER ONE UTMOST INVESTMENT, security within and around were l sleep will be of utmost importance to me than anything, Stop them before they stop you is my Policy grin

I have Dobermans at my residence. Where the thieves broke into was at my site in Omi.

Security is definitely important and I have several layers of that at my residence.

It's a shame that the government can't/won't sort out the security issues.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2022
topsy23:

The POP light can come after the POP and cabling have been completed.
OK, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 10:24am On Apr 29, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I have Dobermans at my residence. Where the thieves broke into was at my site in Omi.

Security is definitely important and I have several layers of that at my residence.

It's a shame that the government can't/won't sort out the security issues.
Great cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tessyy1701: 10:50am On Apr 29, 2022
What's the best structure to have on half plot of land?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2022
Tessyy1701:
What's the best structure to have on half plot of land?

The limit is money.

With enough money a 100 unit of flats can be built if the soil is strong enough to withstand multi story structure.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

The limit is money.

With enough money a 100 unit of flats can be built if the soil is strong enough to withstand multi story structure.
What about packing space Sir? I think the unbuilt space could also play a role in the type of structure that should be built. Another factor to consider would also be the types of structures within the neighborhood.... multistory buildings may not be allowed in low density residential areas.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:43am On Apr 29, 2022
Chapmanovie:

Please I need urgent answers the masons I have met are charging about 140k and I kinda feel it’s too much

Benin things are expensive, talking from experience... They feel everyone in Benin is doing yahoo...they make too much yanga. Just find someone from outside Benin, either in Lagos, Port Harcourt or within Edo state(villages) if possible..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2022
Chapmanovie:

I think you may have to be more specific about what the 140k covers to get a reasonable reply here...for instance, does it cover both external and internal plastering? Does it cover window and door dressing? Are they plastering concrete fascia as well or under-decking? Is the plastering going to have designs or just plain plastering?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 12:46pm On Apr 29, 2022
Still in shock your Spanish tiles(blessed sunny)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:51pm On Apr 29, 2022
Chapmanovie:

I am sending People from Lagos to Benin on Tuesday to plaster a Friend's house
duplex four bedroom up and four bedroom down, living room up and down
I priced it for 600K
Wahid 08035590162

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2022
MrDraey:
Good evening house,

Have somebody staying there
You don't need to buy wires for the second time
I was a victim this was inside a City with houses (New Benin area )

(1) (2) (3) ... (2964) (2965) (2966) (2967) (2968) (2969) (2970) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: YaksonFCA(m), Masterbiodun, Scrap, gbadexy(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.