Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,835,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441257 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:59am On May 30, 2022
twinskenny:
after pop n tiling
The money that would be spent after that will it more than the amount spent during wiring?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:13am On May 30, 2022
Born2conquer:

The money that would be spent after that will it more than the amount spent during wiring?

Finishing eat more money especially if the client client is the high taste type

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:28am On May 30, 2022
Born2conquer:

depend in your taste...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:39am On May 30, 2022
Born2conquer:

It’ll also depend on your negotiating power.

I wish Nigerian artisans would price jobs per unit. Say N500 per socket, N600 per fixture, etc

Just thinking out loud.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:51am On May 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

I wish Nigerian artisans would price jobs per unit. Say N500 per socket, N600 per fixture, etc

Just thinking out loud.

Full installation unit per point yeah?

I usually do this for networking stuffs.. from piping to cabling to termination.. not sure it can be apply to electrical

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:32am On May 30, 2022
topsy23:

Finishing eat more money especially if the client client is the high taste type

My dilemma right now.

Finishing eh sad

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:09am On May 30, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts.

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Neatly used & functional!
APC 1500va UPS ..... 25,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2022
We are available

Pop
Wall screeding
Pre cast paraphet
Art work

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:58am On May 30, 2022
twinskenny:

Full installation unit per point yeah?

I usually do this for networking stuffs.. from piping to cabling to termination.. not sure it can be apply to electrical

There’s nothing that it can’t apply to.

For rough piping, simply figure out how many meters of pipe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 11:10am On May 30, 2022
Myzubby:
We have Turkish doors available for sell.
Heavy security doors
3ft and 4ft.
250k and 350k respectively.
Location is Anambra state.

I’m sorry I don’t understand somethings in Nigeria . You quoted the first door as 250k Turkish door . I also bought something similar just this Friday at abayomi iwo road in ibadan and it’s Turkish door made by Anotec . I got it for 160k. How come this prices are way ridiculous or are you online vendors ripping people off ?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:19am On May 30, 2022
Limited stock! HURRY!!

Quanta 200a battery ..... 164,000 "2 units above" , 170,000 "unit price".

Starplus 220a Tubular battery ... 125,000 "unit price" , 122,000 " 2 units upwards"

Starplua 230a Tubular battery ... 135,000

Index NXT 200a battery.... 180,000

Index 200a slim battery .... 180,000

Index 200a tubular battery .. 165,000

Multipower 200a tubular battery ... 145,000

Matrix 200a tubular battery ..... 130,000

Genus 165a expanded tubular battery... 115,000

Genus 200a graphite tubular battery .. 140,000

Genus 230a lead carbon Tubular battery... 155,000

Ritar 200AH 12V battery .... 145,000

Ritar 150AH 12V slim ..... 130,000

Ritar 105AH 12V Slim ... 110,000

Ritar 100a block battery ... 105,000

Monbat 200a slim battery .... 225,000

CD Techno 12v 196a slim battery ....190,000

MERCURY BATTERY Available Now With One Year Warranty!

12v 1kva pure sinewave inverter ... 70,000

12v 100ahs Battery... 80,000.00

12v 200ahs Battery.. 145,000.00

12v 250ahs Battery.. Expecting

Afripower 1kva 12v pure sine wave pwm solar inverter ....... 70,000

Afripower 1.1kva 12v pure sine wave mppt solar inverter .... 95,000

AFRIPOWER & GLOW ENERGY 2.5kva 24v pure sine wave inverter .... 130,000

AFRIPOWER 2.5kva 24v pure sine wave hybrid inverter... 150,000

Schneider 1.5kva 24v pure sine wave solar inverter .... 94,000

All brand new with standard warranty!

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:22am On May 30, 2022
Good morning to the house....

Quite some time here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:23am On May 30, 2022
We're still waiting or our next clients.

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 11:35am On May 30, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

I’m sorry I don’t understand somethings in Nigeria . You quoted the first door as 250k Turkish door . I also bought something similar just this Friday at abayomi iwo road in ibadan and it’s Turkish door made by Anotec . I got it for 160k. How come this prices are way ridiculous or are you online vendors ripping people off ?

Look at what he posted and what you posted. Do they look the same to you?

I will not use the one you posted in my build even if it was free.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 11:43am On May 30, 2022
Itsrm:

Tell me what’s the difference? I see no difference don’t let them whine you .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaneelectronic: 12:12pm On May 30, 2022
Olane Electronics offers a high-quality yet cheapest antenna wall socket made with plugs. It is used to insert and receive TV signals or from the plugs. It will discover a new solution and explore changes in the mounted on TV and others. W also includes a data wall plate and related things. You can research everything about the products from our company and make a good decision to buy the competitive price of high-quality data wall plates.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:24pm On May 30, 2022
somehow:

My dilemma right now.

Finishing eh sad

Finishing is the main thing . I have client that spent Over 5m naira on fittings recently. below are the breakdown
Double socket is 45Nnos x 23,500 = 1,057,500
Single socket is 17Nnos x 15,500 = 263,500
20A DP switch for socket 16nos x 21,500 = 344,000
Cooker Unit 1no x 32,330 = 32,330

Chandelier 2nos x 425,000 = 850,000
Dining Light 1no x 75,000 = 75,000

Recess light, spotlight, external light, bulkhead fittings, etc 2,970,000.00

TOTAL N5,592,000

He bought everything in Ikoyi a well known company.

Below is the picture of the sockets

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 12:27pm On May 30, 2022
Itsrm:

Comrade, please calm down...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:34pm On May 30, 2022
Itsrm:

You people no get chill!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:37pm On May 30, 2022
topsy23:

Finishing is the main thing . I have client that spent Over 5m naira on fittings recently. below are the breakdown
Double socket is 45Nnos x 23,500 = 1,057,500
Single socket is 17Nnos x 15,500 = 263,500
20A DP switch for socket 16nos x 21,500 = 344,000
Cooker Unit 1no x 32,330 = 32,330

Chandelier 2nos x 425,000 = 850,000
Dining Light 1no x 75,000 = 75,000

Recess light, spotlight, external light, bulkhead fittings, etc 2,970,000.00

TOTAL N5,592,000

He bought everything in Ikoyi a well known company.

Below is the picture of the sockets

My brother, good finishing is not an easy something especially when you are not a yahoo yahoo or politician.

All the same, if one wishes to build a HOME, he or she should go all the way towards getting satisfaction.

Windows and burglaries alone ehh

Whoever is building now is trying..

Just pitying those to build later and have good taste ..hopefully things will fall in good places before then.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

The two doors are so different. No relation at all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 1:27pm On May 30, 2022
@topsy @twinkenny @All

Pls i got this quotation in my kobo project for wiring.. He said he want to use Coleman.. What do you think sir?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 1:30pm On May 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Just thinking out loud.
Thank you Sir for this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 1:33pm On May 30, 2022
twinskenny:
depends on your taste...
Cc: Topsy

If Solar and Home automation was planned with the wiring, is it possible for the finishing to be done without the solar/home automation for now.

Can the normal finishing be done while the home automation/ solar is done later?

Can it work and won't it end in the Electrical engineer changing some appliances later and co...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 1:35pm On May 30, 2022
somehow:

My dilemma right now.

Finishing eh sad
Not you only chief angry
I am stuck and I do not even know the next thing to do now, I wish I can have a priority list of things that can be done step by step.

I can't do it all at once but I want to be doing it step by step with each income I have.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:00pm On May 30, 2022
somehow:

My brother, good finishing is not an easy something especially when you are not a yahoo yahoo or politician.

All the same, if one wishes to build a HOME, he or she should go all the way towards getting satisfaction.

Windows and burglaries alone ehh

Whoever is building now is trying..

Just pitying those to build later and have good taste ..hopefully things will fall in good places before then.

My advice to clients and friends is to stockpile materials. For those with no land to buy two adjoining plots so they can sell one later.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 2:02pm On May 30, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

My advice to clients and friends is to stockpile materials. For those with no land to buy two adjoining plots so they can sell one later.

grin cheesy cheesy

Man proposes God disposes

The same way my kids lay waste to the stockpiles bought to stay ahead of inflation, na so thief go handle the materials. Naija for show!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seankim(m): 2:08pm On May 30, 2022
Good day Senior men.
At what point would you say that you’ve reached half way in your building jurney?
I just want to check something grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 2:14pm On May 30, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

okay sir if you boughtb yours at a cheaper rate good for you.
Not all vendors are rippers sometimes you need to compare based on quality and not just by brand . We have people who buy from us we are registered company and trusted company.
Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:15pm On May 30, 2022
GloriousGbola:

grin cheesy cheesy

Man proposes God disposes

The same way my kids lay waste to the stockpiles bought to stay ahead of inflation, na so thief go handle the materials. Naija for show!

You can safeguard materials on your site, at least here in Omi Adio and Elebu. Raw materials such as sharp sand, granite and plaster sands are not stolen. Especially when behind a fence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:17pm On May 30, 2022
seankim:
Good day Senior men.
At what point would you say that you’ve reached half way in your building jurney?
I just want to check something grin grin grin

In my opinion it’s when you’ve reached a habitable level.

Roof, doors and windows.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3004) (3005) (3006) (3007) (3008) (3009) (3010) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: walexyll(m), union123(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.