Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3015) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387615 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 9:05am On Jun 03, 2022
Good morning from Perfect Touch Aluminium.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MomentMan(m): 9:19am On Jun 03, 2022
qwertyboss:
Please if you have the PDF file of Simplified Reinforced Concrete Design by Victor I. Oyenuga
Kindly share please...
WhatsApp 0nine0six38two97one1

I need this also.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:29am On Jun 03, 2022

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 9:41am On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks for the mention Oga mi.

I’m from the school of “less is more”.

One of the very few regrets in my private residence was allowing my POP guy into talking me into those grotesque Nigerian POP designs.

We live and learn.

Very light colors and I’ll let my collection of furniture and artwork from my travels add color to spaces.

I highly recommend this YouTuber https://youtube.com/c/EnesYilmazer

I have been following enes for sometime now.
When he started with those motorhomes and RVs.

But one thing about him is that he sure knows some beautiful houses and explains them in a perfect way.
Those houses are always beautiful yet simple

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Folorunsho15: 10:58am On Jun 03, 2022
To build house these days ehn na war o. Tens of millions don go and we're just roofing. I blame.myself for not starting the build early sha. Prices are killing these days. Shey na like this we go dey dey ni eyin omo iya mi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:26am On Jun 03, 2022
Folorunsho15:
To build house these days ehn na war o. Tens of millions don go and we're just roofing. I blame.myself for not starting the build early sha. Prices are killing these days. Shey na like this we go dey dey ni eyin omo iya mi
Sir it is the cost of things that makes it like this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:32am On Jun 03, 2022
Greenarrow01:

I have been following enes for sometime now.
When he started with those motorhomes and RVs.

But one thing about him is that he sure knows some beautiful houses and explains them in a perfect way.
Those houses are always beautiful yet simple

I agree.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:34am On Jun 03, 2022
Folorunsho15:

When I arrived back in 2019 I toyed with the idea of selling my bungalow and start a new duplex build.

So I c conducted a price analysis of the market and I quickly realised that local retiree needs to just suck it up and enjoy bungalow life grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:41am On Jun 03, 2022
We are available

Pop
Wall screeding
Paraphet
Art work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

When I arrived back in 2019 I toyed with the idea of selling my bungalow and start a new duplex build.

So I c conducted a price analysis of the market and I quickly realised that local retiree needs to just suck it up and enjoy bungalow life grin
l beg to differ with the bold, Egunmogaji2 oko afusa is a refired retiree, buying lands, building up and down, interacting with different artisans and riding a powerbike like my friend who recently rode from England to Nigeria is not a work for retireees but for active" refirees ",so Egunmogaji2 is a refirees shocked

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Singapore1(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

what did you discover sir, if you don't mind sharing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Folorunsho15:
Building a house has never been easy. Far back, people would build halfway with intention for their children to complete. We don’t see that anymore. People are even building more houses now. Maybe because we have more population now.
But one thing is certain, houses now are more demanding, with a lot of different additions.

Life is generally different and complicated these days

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
Singapore1:

what did you discover sir, if you don't mind sharing

An astronomical increase in price of materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
AngelicBeing:
l beg to differ with the bold, Egunmogaji2 oko afusa is a refired retiree, buying lands, building up and down, interacting with different artisans and riding a powerbike like my friend who recently rode from England to Nigeria is not a work for retireees but for active" refirees ",so Egunmogaji2 is a refirees shocked

This man cheesy

I invited Mr. Kunle to a little gathering I’m doing next weekend. There should be about 75 bikers there, many of whom welcomed him at Seme border.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

This man cheesy

I invited Mr. Kunle to a little gathering I’m doing next weekend. There should be about 75 bikers there, many of whom welcomed him at Seme border.
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Singapore1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

An astronomical increase in price of materials.
i thought it was due to people lowballing you for the bungalow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aduragbemi45(m): 3:30pm On Jun 03, 2022
rotecch77:
new plastering going on here …… full comment/ info later
Contact ADYEM INTERIOR CONCEPTS for your full Pop and pre cast artworks.... 08107300212.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
Singapore1:

i thought it was due to people lowballing you for the bungalow

Not at all. I wasn’t entertaining anything but full asking offer.

In retrospect I’m thankful that I didn’t sell it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaTaikun: 4:43pm On Jun 03, 2022
JIVALPANAMA:
Goodday all as this is the building section of Nairaland kindly checkout the thread below and beware of NOBLE AWO of Dyro Engineering. He is based in Abuja and he is a scam builder and totally unreliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/7156283/noble-awo-dyro-engineering-419#113369381
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaTaikun: 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
JIVALPANAMA:
Goodday all as this is the building section of Nairaland kindly checkout the thread below and beware of NOBLE AWO of Dyro Engineering. He is based in Abuja and he is a scam builder and totally unreliable.

https://www.nairaland.com/7156283/noble-awo-dyro-engineering-419#113369381

Jivalpanama,
You used many unprintable and defamatory words on that guy. I feel you just opened these threads to damage that guy's image.
You created this thread just to dis the guy. So have the police been involved in tracking him down?

Let's have the specifics here otherwise deep thinking folks like me would think you are just trying to damage that guy.

I mean you posted the dude's instagram handles online and refered to the guy's young wife as a runs girl (prostitute), and refered to him as a scammer, ritualist, etc.

That would be highly defamatory if this guy didn't do what you stated he did!

Cc: Dunka, tell us what you know about this guy and any ongoing police investigations on him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elchariotlp: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2022
rotecch77:
new plastering going on here …… full comment/ info later

Any recommendations for plastering of a 4 Nos 2bed, 4 bed Duplex & 2 shops within Ojo, Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2022
elchariotlp:

Any recommendations for plastering of a 4 Nos 2bed, 4 bed Duplex & 2 shops within Ojo, Lagos.

Recommendation on ?
Type of sand ?
Cost?
Mix ratio ?
…..,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 7:52pm On Jun 03, 2022
elchariotlp:

I’m Available if you’re looking for full range/gauge plastering work with good finishings.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:15pm On Jun 03, 2022
Anyone else doing home automation based on programmable logic Controllers (PLC)?

Like this guy https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta/849#94137408
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AmandaLuv(f): 8:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Experienced builders please kindly assist me on what this iron rod can be used for. Its short and very heavy. I have more than 50 pieces of it that is of no use. I just want to find out if it can aid in a building project.
Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 8:44pm On Jun 03, 2022
AmandaLuv:
Experienced builders please kindly assist me on what this iron rod can be used for. Its short and very heavy. I have more than 50 pieces of it that is of no use. I just want to find out if it can aid in a building project.
Thanks.

Chamber covers
Soak-away pit
Window burglary

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 8:50pm On Jun 03, 2022
coldcandy:

Chamber covers
Soak-away pit
Window burglary

Also:
Concrete kitchen worktop.
Inbuilt wardrobe decking
Kerb/curvet - gutter
Generator house iron door.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
UC92:

Only a robotic car can park at that angle conveniently on the ground floor. For the ground floor parking to work, it should be a tandem arrangement where the car just moves in straight from the gate and parks then another one parks behind it. Tandem parking isn't even a standard practice.

The first/second floor lacks order like a chaotic circulation.

The toilet na wahala.

The only good thing in the plan is the cross ventilation and lighting. Aside that it lacks critical design thought.

at first i thought you will highlight cross ventilation as the issue but you didn't, for the garage it is possible to park that way, but with careful maneuver and turning,

The flow is okay to me, given that it is an open type of plan, and for the toilet, i won't recommend that,
but i have witnessed a toilet in that form in use with little or no issues, serviced apartments here in lagos use it, with good piping and constant electricity, it sure do works.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uwemjack(m): 9:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Egun I would love to be there. I'm also a biker here in lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 10:48pm On Jun 03, 2022
ngBuild:

at first i thought you will highlight cross ventilation as the issue but you didn't, for the garage it is possible to park that way, but with careful maneuver and turning,

The flow is okay to me, given that it is an open type of plan, and for the toilet, i won't recommend that,
but i have witnessed a toilet in that form in use with little or no issues, serviced apartments here in lagos use it, with good piping and constant electricity, it sure do works.
Ventilation is not the only design consideration. Circulation, natural light, vehicular movement and parking, zoning are all important in design.

The space a available for turning isn't upto the standard radius in the garage. Remember not all car owners are good driver, so be ready for car and building repairs.

For me, I won't recommend the design for anyone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elchariotlp: 10:58pm On Jun 03, 2022
rotecch77:

Recommendation on ?
Type of sand ?
Cost?
Mix ratio ?
…..,

Someone who can do the job sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:13pm On Jun 03, 2022
gbadexy:
We are presently running a raining season promo.
There is a free paint application for purchase on the premium products from 10 drums upwards.
The application is done with paint spraying machine and only premium paint products with superfine pigments is sprayable with it.
Terms an condition applies.

How much is premium satin et emulsion ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3012) (3013) (3014) (3015) (3016) (3017) (3018) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Olusojisorunmu(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.