Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3028) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383741 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3025) (3026) (3027) (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:21am On Jun 15, 2022
FEGEITOK:

If you have used a Chinese phone in Nigeria, that is riddled with ads and forced app installs, that even if uninstalled forcibly reinstall themselves and keep sending data to China with no way for the user to limit such transmissions

Or have used a Chinese browser that restricts access to sites critical of China you may feel differently, try Maxthon and visit websites critical of the Chinese Government or the ruling party there to appreciate that this applies even if you are not in China

If you work on sensitive stuff that might interest China, you may feel differently

That notwithstanding your position on the matter is reasonable and a valid point of view
I used xiaomi (three Xiaomi), bought through aliexpress (China), shipped to Nigeria and I can tell you that I didn't experience any of the above.

The phones treated me better than my present SAMSUNG.

China will give you what you want and that is why they're flexible.

If you want an inferior product? China will give it to you
If you want an inferior product that looks original? China will give it to you
If you want a quality product with proper price? China will give it you.
If you see a product you will like to copy? China will give it to you.

What you want is what you will get from CHINA

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:31am On Jun 15, 2022
For your hardwood for roofing and decking, lintel and so on

Cal hslbroker 07015259644

3x4
2x6
2x4
2x3
2x2
1x12

Also for your iron rod supplies

8mm
10mm
12mm
16mm
20mm

Call the above number
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrnwas(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2022
Today we're sharing with you the most Effective estimation for plastering. This is very suitable for a fence project and we're helping you with the complete estimate >> https://www.guardianconstructors.com/2022/06/how-to-calculate-the-cost-of-plastering-a-fence-in-nigeria.html
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2022
kiekie1:
BRAND NEW MONBAT BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

Still an Awesome New week with More blessings and Biz favor as we convince client's, family and New leads to make the Switch to Green Energy

Monbat 12V 200AH AGM Battery.
Still available at a budget friendly price with features built to last for years .. Stay Uninterupted on your power Supply with Monbat

Product design features:
• 12+ years design life, EUROBAT specification Long Life
• Bulgarian battery with Extremely high cyclic life and float life performance
• Wide range of operating temperature -20°C to +55°C
• Internal gas recombination efficiency 98% - 99%
• Easy for installation, maintenance free product
• Shock resistant ABS flame retardant container and lid
• Three-layer terminal sealing for leak-free operation
• Female M8 brass terminals with no need for retightening
• Non-hazardous cargo for ground, sea and air transport

PRICE: N225,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Available...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2022
HURRY!! LIMITED STOCK!!!

Brand new 1000 watts 12v Pure sine wave power Inverter (no charging feature).

Ideal for users on a budget and for keeps as rainy-day backup.Ideal for campers. Ideal for 12v off-grid systems "optional external battery charger can be attached to supplement solar array against periodic rainy weather". Ideal for automobile uses ensuring pure sine wave safe output.

Actual/Continuous power is 1000w. Peak power is 2000w. Soft start feature enhances smooth powering of refrigerator, sensitive appliances.
Idle watt consumption 7 watts..

Protection features:
-Low voltage shutdown
-Over voltage shutdown
-Short circuit shutdown
-Over temperature shutdown
-Overload protection
-Polarity reverse fuse protection
-Earth leakage protection

Firm Price: 40,000

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:50am On Jun 15, 2022
Born2conquer:

I used xiaomi (three Xiaomi), bought through aliexpress (China), shipped to Nigeria and I can tell you that I didn't experience any of the above.

The phones treated me better than my present SAMSUNG.

China will give you what you want and that is why they're flexible.

If you want an inferior product? China will give it to you
If you want an inferior product that looks original? China will give it to you
If you want a quality product with proper price? China will give it you.
If you see a product you will like to copy? China will give it to you.

What you want is what you will get from CHINA

Install Maxthon Browser which is a Chinese browser on your PC(which doesn't have to be a Chinese product), test the above scenario and report back.

Let me be specific, the above issues have been reported on Gionee F6 phones bought in Nigeria and used in Nigeria, do your independent research and report back to the thread.

They have also been reported on Techno W2 bought in Nigeria and used in Nigeria. Please do your independent research and report back.

There is also a reason why the African Union had to rid its headquarters of Chinese equipment, you can google that too.

I don't hate China, simply reporting facts as I happen to have encountered them or researched them when the issues got to my desk.

Someone in the intelligence services has independently come to the same conclusion. He posted that much on this forum about a year ago if my memory serves me right.

I do not speak for Xiaomi, your mileage may vary.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:01am On Jun 15, 2022
sonnie10:

The safest and most secured way is to have the items shipped to a trusted Nigerian shipper over there. He will do the quality inspection and then ship them to you in a consolidated container. The advantage is that the shipper can easily return the items for refund if they do not meet agreed specifications and quality.
Moreover since those are heavy items, you save on shipping cost from using container instead of air cargo. They would charge per cubic meter of certain weight limit.

Yes, I'm well aware of this. I have several shippers in China that I use for other products absolutely not related to building materials. But freight forwarders may either not have the technical knowhow to determine a high quality WC for example from one that's not too good. Or knowing a tap that is suppose to be anti rust from one that isn't. Except they explicitly offer a service like that where someone who has the knowledge on this type of materials can check. I'll still be looking into it sha

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2022
Gigaset:

Why not try and order from Europe most of this things are not expensive and the quality are way better than China, a friend of mine bought wc for over 15 years here in Germany for 15 euros and nothing happens to it till date

This actually sounds good. I have a cousin living in Germany.
Will you be willing to to share your friends contact? Want to find ask a few things especially about shipping.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 9:12am On Jun 15, 2022
Share your WhatsApp number I'll buzz you
sethtsadopp:

This actually sounds good. I have a cousin living in Germany.
Will you be willing to to share your friends contact? Want to find ask a few things especially about shipping.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nomyth: 9:42am On Jun 15, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Alridy den. Let me go back and keep showing this bottle who’s the boss cheesy

Hello,

Please, what's the name of the floor tiles?

Where did u buy it and what's the price?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:33am On Jun 15, 2022
Nomyth:

Hello,

Please, what's the name of the floor tiles?

Where did u buy it and what's the price?

They're available commonly on the open market all over town. The brand name is GoodWill and are made I think in Ogun State, they were N5,300 (December 2021 price) per carton of four pieces of 24" X 24". I'm quite happy with them.

Good luck on your project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 10:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Gigaset:
Share your WhatsApp number I'll buzz you

Thanks, I have emailed it to you.
gigasetgs370plu......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by petikwebmaster: 11:07am On Jun 15, 2022
3-BEDROOM APARTMENT + BQ AVAILABLE FOR RENT
-----------------
PROPERTY LOCATION: Oniru
-----------------
PROPERTY DETAILS:
� POP CEILING
� BALCONY
� FITTED KITCHEN CABINET
� SPACIOUS LIVING AREA
� WATER HEATER
� WALK IN SHOWER CUBICLE
� ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH CLOSET
� AMPLE PARKING LOT
� ELEVATOR
-----------------
Rent: 3.5M
Legal: 10%
Agency: 10%
Caution fee: 300K
Service charge: 2M
-----------------
Swipe ���
-----------------
For more information and private viewings, please contact
☎️: +2349053172826, + 2349053172823

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:14am On Jun 15, 2022
petikwebmaster:
3-BEDROOM APARTMENT + BQ AVAILABLE FOR RENT
-----------------
PROPERTY LOCATION: Oniru
-----------------
PROPERTY DETAILS:
� POP CEILING
� BALCONY
� FITTED KITCHEN CABINET
� SPACIOUS LIVING AREA
� WATER HEATER
� WALK IN SHOWER CUBICLE
� ALL ROOMS EN-SUITE WITH CLOSET
� AMPLE PARKING LOT
� ELEVATOR
-----------------
Rent: 3.5M
Legal: 10%
Agency: 10%
Caution fee: 300K
Service charge: 2M
-----------------
Swipe ���
-----------------
For more information and private viewings, please contact
☎️: +2349053172826, + 2349053172823

Please no vex Oga mi but local man have a question.

This "Service charge: 2M", is it one time or annual?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2022
sonnie10:

The safest and most secured way is to have the items shipped to a trusted Nigerian shipper over there. He will do the quality inspection and then ship them to you in a consolidated container. The advantage is that the shipper can easily return the items for refund if they do not meet agreed specifications and quality.
Moreover since those are heavy items, you save on shipping cost from using container instead of air cargo. They would charge per cubic meter of certain weight limit.

Wow ! You’ve just solved a big puzzle have been battling with over a year now . God bless you !

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:30pm On Jun 15, 2022
80by80 plain white glossy porcelain Spanish product, still in stock
10,500 per square meters
Quantity: 150square meters in stock.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 1:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
High-quality stone-coated roofing sheets are available.

We have shingles design, Milano design, classic, and bond.

Price per square metre:4500
All other accessories are available.

We are sea shelters global limited.
50 years warranty
We are a registered company

All our products are branded.
All products available in stock

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Myzubby(m): 1:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
We sell turkish doors
Water collectors hand rails
Roofing sheets and tiles.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:47pm On Jun 15, 2022
Wooden floor Spanish tiles available here in different sizes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Install Maxthon Browser which is a Chinese browser on your PC(which doesn't have to be a Chinese product), test the above scenario and report back.

Let me be specific, the above issues have been reported on Gionee F6 phones bought in Nigeria and used in Nigeria, do your independent research and report back to the thread.

They have also been reported on Techno W2 bought in Nigeria and used in Nigeria. Please do your independent research and report back.

There is also a reason why the African Union had to rid its headquarters of Chinese equipment, you can google that too.

I don't hate China, simply reporting facts as I happen to have encountered them or researched them when the issues got to my desk.

Someone in the intelligence services has independently come to the same conclusion. He posted that much on this forum about a year ago if my memory serves me right.

Whatever you want from China is what you will get,China is an open market.

Goods in the world would be extremely expensive if not for chine. If you buy a cheap product from China then be ready for the malwares and co problems.

But house fitting? Lightening equipment? And co? It's all on aliexpress and you will have various options.

You can also open dispute if you're not okay with what you got
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:06pm On Jun 15, 2022
Born2conquer:

Goods in the world would be extremely expensive if not for chine. If you buy a cheap product from China then be ready for the malwares and co problems.

But house fitting? Lightening equipment? And co? It's all on aliexpress and you will have various options.

Comment applied to surveillance/video/smart equipment.

I have not hidden the fact that I use the Lenovo line of business laptops, which since 2005 is Chinese owned.

I have no China hate, but when you realize that a phone can be a used as a tool of surveillance, indeed it is a tool of surveillance, then you will appreciate the background of my comments.

My comments do not apply to all the other stuff you listed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2022
Greetings from Perfect Touch Aluminium.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:39pm On Jun 15, 2022
Born2conquer:

Delivery cost / time is another wahala.. Except you use Express delivery which then makes the average cost of what you're buying more expensive than the ones here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Yes, I'm well aware of this. I have several shippers in China that I use for other products absolutely not related to building materials. But freight forwarders may either not have the technical knowhow to determine a high quality WC for example from one that's not too good. Or knowing a tap that is suppose to be anti rust from one that isn't. Except they explicitly offer a service like that where someone who has the knowledge on this type of materials can check. I'll still be looking into it sha

Then your best bet would be to buy from a particular seller with trusted quality by referral. The disadvantage is that it wouldn’t give you the opportunity to compare prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Lol
You are just paranoid.

I use maxthon browser on my phone xiaomi(Chinese phone) and I don't have issues with all what you are saying.
Google (android) curates the ads you see on Android phones. Only Huawei phones run on another operating system.

Lastly
all countries source for user data. All Facebook steals your data through WhatsApp, Google does so, your browser's do so. Both America and China
are involve in stealing data

Secondly they don't always steal data through cameras. They do so through your laptop and phones, to notice your habits, conversations and shopping pattern.
You can't get those data from CCTV.
However except you are a top military or business executive or political
You shouldn't worry

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Lol
You are just paranoid.

I use maxthon browser on my phone xiaomi(Chinese phone) and I don't have issues with all what you are saying.
Google (android) curates the ads you see on Android phones. Only Huawei phones run on another operating system.

Lastly
all countries source for user data. All Facebook steals your data through WhatsApp, Google does so, your browser's do so. Both America and China

Secondly they don't always steal data through cameras. They do so through your laptop and phones, to notice your habits, conversations and shopping pattern.
You shouldn't worry

See Maxthon (screenshot below) for you!

Unless they have changed, what is malicious about the site in the address bar?

How come all other browsers did not flag it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
FEGEITOK:

See Maxthon (screenshot below) for you!

Unless they have changed, what is malicious about the site in the address bar?

How come all other browsers did not flag it?

You have been going on and on with this for days
now sir but go on...

There are other factors why some website can be flagged as malicious...
1..Geolocation (some banks login can tag login as malicious ...my bank won't let in first attempt in abstract location.

2.some websites, most recently so called fake news and disinformation websites, might also be considered malicious websites by Ssl . These sites aim to spread discord, affect election outcomes, and disrupt the activities of human rights groups.

3.Vpn more especially the free ones.

Cheers...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:45pm On Jun 15, 2022
Born2conquer:

2350 for wholesale Give link! We bought over 600 bags and the difference between the wholesale and retail was just 100naira.

We still paid 50naira per bag to the laborer for delivery.

If 1k is the gain per bag?? I will willingly and singlehandedly start a cement business today

Sir i do not have any link neither do i know where they sell cement..lol .I did update this when i responded to another Oga... The tweet i cited was based on price before February since the article with that price information was written February 17...see below

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 7:56pm On Jun 15, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Comment applied to surveillance/video/smart equipment.

I have not hidden the fact that I use the Lenovo line of business laptops, which since 2005 is Chinese owned.

I have no China hate, but when you realize that a phone can be a used as a tool of surveillance, indeed it is a tool of surveillance, then you will appreciate the background of my comments.

My comments do not apply to all the other stuff you listed.
You are very correct.
Some brand of Chinese phones especially Tecno cannot open our office mails due to malware or apps preinstalled in China.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:37pm On Jun 15, 2022
One last comment on this issue of Chinese phones, I am sharing knowledge that has cost me a lot of time and $$$, I do DFIR consulting, I am paid in 7 figures to share the information I am sharing for free here.

I have actually had to address these issues, final solution was that the malware was baked into the OS, the owners of the phones were told to ditch the phones and buy new Non Chinese phones.

Why don't we have these complaints with the Lenovo line of laptops? Think about it.

I have included in this post examples of third party confirmation of my position on this matter

cjfbn:

You are very correct.
Some brand of Chinese phones especially Tecno cannot open our office mails due to malware or apps preinstalled in China.

Please tell them the models that had that issue, good that you have confirmed as I said earlier that Tecno has had that issue, that is not to say all Tecnos do

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:42pm On Jun 15, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Lol
You are just paranoid.

Lastly

You shouldn't worry

There are so many softwares that are developed at enterprise scale to utilize pictures and video images along with AI to analyze data. Certain applications used in medical imaging could diagnose a patient by just video images and archived pictures across multiple modalities. Those seamless workflow stations have comparable outcome in terms of efficiency with other maned stations.
Chinese developers are frantically looking for those free data to optimize their products. The only way they can get them is through “cheap” unlicensed, unregulated and unchallenged products to African countries. That is is price for cheap products.

For the bolder, here is the difference. While China does not make any attempt to discourage and penalize companies for misuse of customers information, most times they are even state sponsored, the US would hand down very stiff penalties for such act especially when it’s unconsented and against regulations.

Don’t be surprised when some Nigerians activities in “the other room” start featuring in Chinese man power products ads.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3025) (3026) (3027) (3028) (3029) (3030) (3031) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.