Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387948 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
limpopo:

What you need is trade test certificate issued by the federal government..
A trade test is a test used to assess proficiency and skill level of an individual in any number of skilled. These tests may include written and/or skill demonstration sections. Skilled trades such as plumbing for carpentry require a unique set of knowledge and skills.

Go to any Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment Office (Skills Department) near to you and get your copy.
Apt.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
limpopo:

What you need is trade test certificate issued by the federal government..
A trade test is a test used to assess proficiency and skill level of an individual in any number of skilled. These tests may include written and/or skill demonstration sections. Skilled trades such as plumbing for carpentry require a unique set of knowledge and skills.

Go to any Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment Office (Skills Department) near to you and get your copy.

Thanks for this and do I need a certain amount of money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
Cold141114:
Good morning please I need suggestions on where I can get certificate on tiling and should be approved certificates.... I have a certificate in education..... I just wanted to get certificate separate in the aspects of construction and something that can be an international resume useful in case of tiling career offshore

This is international.

https :// imtef. org/advanced-certifications-tile/

Add up the spaces in-between.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 30, 2022
HURRY! DISCOUNTED PRICE!!

NEW ARRIVAL!!!

BESTCOM SOLAR PANEL MONOCRYSTALLINE

Features :

High operating currents and voltages✅

Lower conversion losses✅

High performance as compared to conventional 72 cell PV Modules✅

More energy per Sq. meter of area✅

Better performance under shading✅

Performance norminal 12v - 24v DC for standard output✅

25 year performance warranty✅

180w poly .......... 48,000
280w mono ....... 85,000
300w mono ....... 86,000
350w mono ....... 95,000
380w mono ....... 97,000
400w mono ....... 100,000
465w mono ....... 125,000
540w mono ....... 142,000
560w mono ....... 150,000

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Prudency045: 2:19pm On Aug 30, 2022
@Temi1, As regards the Middlechase issue.

This is very disheartening and this is becoming a common practice among real estate companies. If the refund isn't subject to any deductions, I will quietly ask for a refund and move on without minding the time value for money.

If you have the energy and time, you can ask your lawyer to review your Contract of Sales and see how you can fight this injustice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chingynas: 3:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
Please, is calculating POP square meter different from calculating screeding square meter I need answers please peeps

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 3:53pm On Aug 30, 2022
Who can supply complete 20-30 tons of granite to delta state?
Please state price also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2022
Delivered this turnkey project few days ago.. Even helped the client move in.. Client wanted a simple external look.

Everything done including interiors..

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 4:46pm On Aug 30, 2022
chingynas:
Please, is calculating POP square meter different from calculating screeding square meter I need answers please peeps

Yes sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 4:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
It is with great delight and pride we introduce our company, ATLANTIC INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DESIGNS

We are a full-service interior and exterior design company currently based in Lagos, Nigeria.

The primary approach of our company is based on the simple analogy that the success of our clients equates our success as well and this shall be our guiding principle in every transaction.

Our services include :
• P.o.p installation
• Screeding
• Wallpaper/3d panel
• Window blinds/curtain
• 3d floor
• Stretch ceiling
• Stamp concrete floor
• Reflector enchanter floor
• Sales of figurines
.Tv console
.General sales and installation of interiors

Do patronise us for your quality and unique designs.

To contact us :

Fb : DesignsByAtlantic
Twitter :DsignbyAtlantic
IG : DesignsByAtlantic
WhatsApp : 08119470142
Mobile phone : 09035203346

We look forward to hearing from you.

ATLANTIC INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DESIGNS
   Create.Update.Renovate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Please where can I see alot of POP Designs to select from? Any site or page/thread or something. Choosing a design dey gimme headache.

Hamtabfawaz bolu1986

Do you mind if I send of my designs to your whatsapp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bigyusluv: 5:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Thank you shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2022
KolaShangOne:
Delivered this turnkey project few days ago.. Even helped the client move in.. Client wanted a simple external look.

Picture perfect quality finish.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
KolaShangOne:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:45pm On Aug 30, 2022
We are available for your project 20% off is still on

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
AVAILABLE!

Quanta 200a 12v deep cycle battery
Warranty: 12 months
Country of manufacture: India

PRICE: N198,000

For further enquiry/transaction;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
☎️ CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:05pm On Aug 30, 2022
Our work speaks for us, let turn your house to Paradise without breaking the bank

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 12:19am On Aug 31, 2022
Here is a quotation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Crownofwealth(m): 5:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Good morning peeps.
Between normal pop cement ceiling and Nigerite ceiling with pop cement finishing which is more stronger and durable?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2022
Crownofwealth:
Good morning peeps.
Between normal pop cement ceiling and Nigerite ceiling with pop cement finishing which is more stronger and durable?
pop cement is the best sir, best finishing, stronger and durable, this depends on the hand that handle ur job
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:08am On Aug 31, 2022
We give our best to satisfy our clients, nothing less but the best try us today you will be glad you did

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:12am On Aug 31, 2022
Abbeyb1ack:
Here is a quotation for installation of cable TV cables into a 3 bedroom nd a 2 unit of mini flat

Please are the prices nd workmanship fair
Cos to me it too expensive
Abi that's how it should be?

Fair
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 9:50am On Aug 31, 2022
Hi guys, please I need a little bit of review on this before kickstarting.
It’s a 3 bedroom bungalow

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:02am On Aug 31, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Looks simple, elegant and foreign like Eguns CASA house. This is how most homes abroad looks, the paint used and the simplicity. The owner should not fill the space with furniture and clutter the spaces. Well done.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:20am On Aug 31, 2022
Laudbtc:
Hi guys, please I need a little bit of review on this before kickstarting.
It’s a 3 bedroom bungalow
This is nice and I love it

But if I were the designer, I won’t seal off the dinning completely the way he did. so that, the person in the kitchen will not have to go through the living room before going to the bedrooms

2) By not sealing of the dinning, ample light will pass through the dinning window into the lobby area, making it not to be too dark.

Overall it a nice plan, I like the the concept.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:26am On Aug 31, 2022
Give us your design and we will get it gone at affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Born2conquer:
ADVICE NEEDED, I wish I can run this on a separate thread but it is what it is.

I started building this house on the first land I got, a gated estate in a serene environment but electricity is bad (once in a month kinda light) and the road leading to the estate too is not quite good though the neighborhood is the most populous area in the state capital.

The Goal deep down was to build the biggest in the area so it was a duplex with around 10rooms (2 living rooms, office, library, gym, and laundry room inclusive) 8 toilet/bathrooms, kitchen, and store. And by God's grace, we were able to do everything including plastering, wiring, plumbing, burglary, and window with the main doors fixed, and we were left with normal interior and exterior finishing. That was when my eyes cleared!!! I became wiser and I already have like 2 other lands in better estates with better electricity.

The house became too big and my taste changed to something smaller and simpler, my mind already moved out of the environment due to the electricity ish and how populous the area is (the house is noticeable from all angles and it stands out while I am just a single young guy).

That was how I abandoned the project in 2020 till I make up my mind.

I went there today and my mind broke, the property and the works we've done are wasting away, and my money is wasting away.

I need your advice, should I complete the house (which will gulp 20M + in this tough economy, money I can use to do better business) and rely on Generator and Solar for the rest of my life.

Or I should sell it and use the money to build something smaller and simpler.

This is any builders worst nightmare. Honestly, I sympathize with you. I felt into the same dilemma last year on my own property after sinking so much money into the build to my taste.

Madam/ my wife, told me that she was no longer seeing any future again in Nigeria and wants to relocate abroad. She has been on this relocation thing since the past five years but I was holding her. I still prefer my kids to have some basic Nigerian foundation. However, the relocation thing just clicked for her and I was in dilemma concerning my house since it was meant for family. Two bedroom duplex completed at the back of the main house (though the outside was yet to be painted) for us to move in and continue with the interior work of the four bedroom duplex in front that was meant to house the family and I would rent out the two bedroom duplex behind that we were to occupy initially after moving into the main house in front

My brother, I had to change style since my family wont be staying again in Nigeria. We redesigned the front house to accommodate for self contain and mini flats. We got about eight in total. Luckily, where the staircase was placed in the duplex was in an excellent position. It would serve as a staircase for the tenants that would occupy the upper floor. An agent heard that I wanted to rent my completed back duplex at the back and came and inspected it. He told him that he would be back later. By evening, he came with two people that seems to have come back to Nigeria from foreign country, based on their dressing and accent. They inspected and said they would like to take it. I was actually looking for at least N1.3m a year for the two bedroom based on the quality of the interior that I did. I told them N1.5m, they accepted and I collected two years.

I have not started the demarcation of the front house into mini flats and self-contain as I still want to sort out some outstanding family issues that requires lots of fund. The remodeling into mini-flats would be another set of costs on its own. It is always terrible when you are not sure what to do with your build. I will advice you take your time to make your plans; survey the area whether it would be commercially viable and then demarcate into self-cons. You can never go wrong with properties in Nigeria. That rent I collected for the back house created another impression in my mind about rented apartment. One could actually get some supporting income from rented apartment and support himself, at least with feeding.

All the best bro!! It is always painful looking at your non-earning assets wasting away.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 10:40am On Aug 31, 2022
Charisdesigns:

This is nice and I love it

But if I were the designer, I won’t seal off the dinning completely the way he did. so that, the person in the kitchen will not have to go through the living room before going to the bedrooms

2) By not sealing of the dinning, ample light will pass through the dinning window into the lobby area, making it not to be too dark.

Overall it a nice plan, I like the the concept.
Thank you for your input. I’m thinking of creating door from the lobby to the kitchen but then it makes the kitchen overcrowded with doors but I’m still thinking it out though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:46am On Aug 31, 2022
Laudbtc:

Thank you for your input. I’m thinking of creating door from the lobby to the kitchen but then it makes the kitchen overcrowded with doors but I’m still thinking it out though
Another door in the kitchen will make the kitchen cabinetry layout undesirable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Laudbtc: 10:59am On Aug 31, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Another door in the kitchen will make the kitchen cabinetry layout undesirable
Got it. Either way, will try and think of some magic before starting it. Thanks again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:23am On Aug 31, 2022
Nice ones sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (3114) (3115) (3116) (3117) (3118) (3119) (3120) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: completey(f), erico2k2(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.