Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388930 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
GRANITE (Full 30 Tonnes Truck) PRICES
3/4 down (3 quarter down)= #210000
3/4 (3 quarter)=#204000
Stone Dust =#66000
1/2 half inch =#210000
Small hardcore=#195000
Big hardcore = #195000
Stonebase = #195000
Boulder =#195000
Truck price is influenced by the cost of diesel price, so price is likely to change as the days goes by : it might become higher or lower.
currently truck price is around (based on past jobs)
90k to sagamu
130k to redeem
150k to VGC
150k to lekki
165k to Igando
185k to Gbagada
I can deliver to Festac, Ajah, Lekki, Ibeju Lekki, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Maryland,Badagry, Apapa, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Banana Island,berger,Ojodu,ketu, Yaba,for other areas (Please Call to Confirm) 07026691840 or 08126254470

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:28pm On Sep 03, 2022
We give our best 100% guarantee try us today you will never regret you did call for your pop ceiling, wall screeding, tv shelve, artwork, parapet, wall divider

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SaRoofingscoy: 9:18pm On Sep 03, 2022
Reduce your cost of buying facing board wood to make a facial that will take high cost for Aluminium facial and ceiling or stone coated facial and ceiling.

You only NEEDS 2 by 2 wood for all this wood work of Aluminium parapet.

The Aluminium to make the parapet is less than that which ceiling Cladding and facial will consumed.

Call us for supply and carcass making

Click on my username to see more.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Soldierboy30(m): 10:25pm On Sep 03, 2022
Please dear professionals in the house, I need your impute.
I am currently building a 4badroom bungalow in Uyo, Akwaibom state and project had been on hold at the filling stage of the foundation.

I plan on resuming work but with small modification. I want one of the rooms to be added to the parlor for bigger living room space and a penthouse introduce in that way recreating and balancing it as 4 bedroom penthouse. In this regard, I contacting my architect but to my shock he said that may not be possible. The building is still at the foundation stage of sand filling the foundation.

I'll appreciate your professional inputs on this, thank you. The land size is 650sqm.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:46pm On Sep 03, 2022
Soldierboy30:
Please dear professionals in the house, I need your impute.
I am currently building a 4badroom bungalow in Uyo, Akwaibom state and project had been on hold at the filling stage of the foundation.

I plan on resuming work but with small modification. I want one of the rooms to be added to the parlor for bigger living room space and a penthouse introduce in that way recreating and balancing it as 4 bedroom penthouse. In this regard, I contacting my architect but to my shock he said that may not be possible. The building is still at the foundation stage of sand filling the foundation.

I'll appreciate your professional inputs on this, thank you. The land size is 650sqm.

How many doors in the main lounge? If those are doors then I feel you should block them

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:02am On Sep 04, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
Hello good morning my people in nairaland
Can that first tile be used outside? The reflective one I mean.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2022
sonnie10:

Can that first tile be used outside? The reflective one I mean.
hello good morning sir /ma ,yes you can use it , is all about choice some do use it for bathroom floor and wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 7:13am On Sep 04, 2022
JaySterling:
Hello guys, Please, can an experienced engineer, architect, surveyor or builder give me the estimated costs of fencing a land measuring 118 ft by 163 ft

Front - 118 ft
Side - 163 ft

Thanks a lot

Where are you based
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Soldierboy30(m): 7:51am On Sep 04, 2022
redgem:

How many doors in the main lounge? If those are doors then I feel you should block them

Yes, those are doors, they'll be blocked as suggested, thank you. Any other observations?
Good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SlimChay: 7:55am On Sep 04, 2022
cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2022
We are here for your pop ceiling, screeding, artwork, tv stand, wall divider. We give the best in what we do. Check out tread, out good work speaks for us

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Baylam(m): 9:07am On Sep 04, 2022
Igando Lagos
KolaShangOne:

Location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2022
bobkezel:

Is this also pop? How durable is this?

Yeah but not the regular Pop, it's good too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:36am On Sep 04, 2022
Olumighty123:

In a case of having a ceiling installed already, is there any way one can redesign to that design you sent, I want a different look of ceiling from the regular square or rectangular look.

yeah, it's achievable ......

I get you want something different from the regular ceiling.

Call or WhatsApp : 09122348437
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:42am On Sep 04, 2022
6bedroom Duplex with BQ
(450-600sqm)
Building Plans Available....

08100452977(WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 9:54am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2022
Good day house. Can 5million be able to build a nice 3 bedroom bungalow(one parlour) with slant roof?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2022
conceptbiz:
Hello my people.

Please, how do you rectify a raft foundation with minor defects like the ones in the picture 1 and 2? The third picture is perfect from what I can see but I will let the house talk about it.

My friend is going crazy about this because of the amount of money spent on the raft foundation alone at sangotedo Lekki. They completed the works only three days ago.

He’s also afraid his two-storey building will fall down in the future because of these defects that appear in two places.

90% of works done are perfect, just the one in the last picture.

Thanks

Aji

Good morning..

Those are honeycombs. That area was not well vibrated.. or maybe the formwork was too close to the iron (reinforcement).

I don't think your friends house will fall just because of that.

But then, I hope he did some tests on the concrete. It doesn't cost up to 1% of total cost of foundation.

Alot of people ignore these tests especially in big projects like this.

Test your Soil.

Test your concrete.

He can chisel carefully and re-cast the affected area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dailyparrot: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2022
Please house, how much will it cost to deck this house.

It's a five bedroom duplex. Two rooms downstairs, three rooms upstairs

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dailyparrot:
Please house, how much will it cost to deck this house.

It's a five bedroom duplex. Two rooms downstairs, three rooms upstairs

Wild guess.. 4-6 million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hi guys any lead on where I can get this type of cornice?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:11pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tiztonio:
Good day house. Can 5million be able to build a nice 3 bedroom bungalow(one parlour) with slant roof?

Nothing is impossible. It all depends on the standard of work. There's a man here that builds 3 bed for 3-4 million.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Joe82834(m): 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
Also sent you a mail seeing I need help on this too.

KIDfurniture:
Let me give you one secret in building construction. It will help you and u Will save plenty money. Direct message me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Focusmind:

This is any builders worst nightmare. Honestly, I sympathize with you. I felt into the same dilemma last year on my own property after sinking so much money into the build to my taste.

Madam/ my wife, told me that she was no longer seeing any future again in Nigeria and wants to relocate abroad. She has been on this relocation thing since the past five years but I was holding her. I still prefer my kids to have some basic Nigerian foundation. However, the relocation thing just clicked for her and I was in dilemma concerning my house since it was meant for family. Two bedroom duplex completed at the back of the main house (though the outside was yet to be painted) for us to move in and continue with the interior work of the four bedroom duplex in front that was meant to house the family and I would rent out the two bedroom duplex behind that we were to occupy initially after moving into the main house in front

My brother, I had to change style since my family wont be staying again in Nigeria. We redesigned the front house to accommodate for self contain and mini flats. We got about eight in total. Luckily, where the staircase was placed in the duplex was in an excellent position. It would serve as a staircase for the tenants that would occupy the upper floor. An agent heard that I wanted to rent my completed back duplex at the back and came and inspected it. He told him that he would be back later. By evening, he came with two people that seems to have come back to Nigeria from foreign country, based on their dressing and accent. They inspected and said they would like to take it. I was actually looking for at least N1.3m a year for the two bedroom based on the quality of the interior that I did. I told them N1.5m, they accepted and I collected two years.

I have not started the demarcation of the front house into mini flats and self-contain as I still want to sort out some outstanding family issues that requires lots of fund. The remodeling into mini-flats would be another set of costs on its own. It is always terrible when you are not sure what to do with your build. I will advice you take your time to make your plans; survey the area whether it would be commercially viable and then demarcate into self-cons. You can never go wrong with properties in Nigeria. That rent I collected for the back house created another impression in my mind about rented apartment. One could actually get some supporting income from rented apartment and support himself, at least with feeding.

All the best bro!! It is always painful looking at your non-earning assets wasting away.
Thank you for this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
diordaves:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
gbadexy:

Picture perfect quality finish.

Thank you Oga Gbadexy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:13pm On Sep 04, 2022
bolu1986:
Hi guys any lead on where I can get this type of cornice?

Mushin.
Yaba.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rukyboy(m): 1:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
twinskenny:

Electrical piping only

8 bundle of 20mm pipe @ 10500= 84000
1 bundle of 25mm pipe @ 12500
3 pack of 20mm coupler @ 1500=3000
1 pack of looping box @ 1500
2 no of 6x9 adaptable box @ 1400= 2800
2 pack of U box @ 1300=2600
6pack of 3x3 box @1000= 6000
7 pack of 3x6 box @ 1000=7000
3phase D6 DB havells @ 56k

this is a rough estimate.. you might add or remove depending on number of your sockets point, and also ac & water heater point.

Hello. Pls where is 20mm pipe sold for 10500.
They are telling me its 20,000 here in warri

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:

Yes, those are doors, they'll be blocked as suggested, thank you. Any other observations?
Good morning
Don't block those doors. They are OK.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
You can block all the doors in yellow. You can also leave the onefor kitchen if you wish..

Introduce a window at the green line for light into the lobby.

The blue area. What's that lobby for? It would have made sense if the door was hidden along that line.

Red area.
Block that off so that visitor is restricted to visitor area once you lock the main lounge door.

He can introduce a staircase in the dining area, shift the verandah to the kitchen itself.

My SUGGESTIONS

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3118) (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.