Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376397 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 1:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
Please people in here, don't forget me please....... I'm always at home even if it's site cleaning or some finishing work..... Please don't forget me and you can reach me on 07010794148

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Let give your house a royal look
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
Baylam:
Good evening house, I have a project at hand am doing . Which required about 1450 pieces of planks for decking and the cheapest Rate I have got is 2100 per pieces , someone told me I can purchase an already used plank for decking at cheaper price . please I need advise and referrals . I’m trying to save cost on planks as much as I can

Use Marine HDF Boards and rent iron Stilts for support.
avoid buying planks for decking, a complete waste of funds

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dominic17: 2:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dear professionals in the house,
Please how long should a sand filled land be allowed to fully settle before building on it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusharp(m): 3:05pm On Sep 04, 2022
SaRoofingscoy:
Reduce your cost of buying facing board wood to make a facial that will take high cost for Aluminium facial and ceiling or stone coated facial and ceiling.

You only NEEDS 2 by 2 wood for all this wood work of Aluminium parapet.

The Aluminium to make the parapet is less than that which ceiling Cladding and facial will consumed.

Call us for supply and carcass making

Click on my username to see more.
how durable is this? Especially in windy areas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
bolu1986:
Hi guys any lead on where I can get this type of cornice?

Jibowu lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 4:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tiztonio:
Good day house. Can 5million be able to build a nice 3 bedroom bungalow(one parlour) with slant roof?
Even with slant roof, it will be very very difficult to build a "nice" 3 bedroom with 5m.
5m will take you far in the project though. I'll encourage you to start it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dailyparrot: 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Wild guess.. 4-6 million.

For real? Just the decking? Wawu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
One4me:

But his aim is to reduce cost na. Marine boards are way more expensive except he is going to use them two more times.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 4:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Marine board is just 13k per sheet oh. Very strong and reliable. Can be reused many times by a patient carpenter only. Even for lintel it’s the best and pillars.

coldcandy:

But his aim is to reduce cost na. Marine boards are way more expensive except he is going to use them two more times.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Baylam(m): 5:06pm On Sep 04, 2022
Where would I get that??
One4me:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 5:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
orlaryhincah:
Good Morning Great People!

Please take a look at the proposed 3-bedroom sketch below. I will appreciate suggestions and critics.

Thanks in advance
Nice, no visitors toilet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
hello good morning sir /ma ,yes you can use it , is all about choice some do use it for bathroom floor and wall

Thanks. I was considering between wooden tiles and brick for the marked area. Now, I do think this reflective tile might even be better. How much per square meter?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:03pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:

Yes, those are doors, they'll be blocked as suggested, thank you. Any other observations?
Good morning

The lobby that divides the guest room and the bedroom, I feel its a waste of space, I guess the opening is for light to reflect into the other lobby but still isn't necessary.
If you want to increase the space of the parlour, you should move the veranda to the kitchen side, add the space to the parlour and dining.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tiztonio:
Good day house. Can 5million be able to build a nice 3 bedroom bungalow(one parlour) with slant roof?
It may, depending on your taste...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
sonnie10:

Thanks. I was considering between wooden tiles and brick for the marked area. Now, I do think this reflective tile might even be better. How much per square meter?
is not bad is okay sir but that wooden you mentioned is okay as well for outside wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 6:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
redgem:

It may, depending on your taste...
looking at something as portable as this

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Even with slant roof, it will be very very difficult to build a "nice" 3 bedroom with 5m.
5m will take you far in the project though. I'll encourage you to start it.
thanks alot bro. I actually have a 3 flat tho(roofed last week) but the area isn’t developed yet. Looking to build this and quickly move in. Its more developed than the other location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 6:24pm On Sep 04, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S:
is not bad is okay sir but that wooden you mentioned is okay as well for outside wall

Boss na south African bricks supposed be there, considering the cement design beside it unless she's just trying something not common and for beautiful view from far self should be south African bricks..... That wooden tiles will just be like modern mosques wall on outside.....

My opinion

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:
Please dear professionals in the house, I need your impute.
I am currently building a 4badroom bungalow in Uyo, Akwaibom state and project had been on hold at the filling stage of the foundation.

I plan on resuming work but with small modification. I want one of the rooms to be added to the parlor for bigger living room space and a penthouse introduce in that way recreating and balancing it as 4 bedroom penthouse. In this regard, I contacting my architect but to my shock he said that may not be possible. The building is still at the foundation stage of sand filling the foundation.

I'll appreciate your professional inputs on this, thank you. The land size is 650sqm.
Your architect is right, given the design of the building, it will be impossible because no bedroom shares a mutual wall with the living room, expanding the living will only affect spaces close to the living room such as dining , ante room,
so asking one of the bedrooms to be added to the living room is asking the Impossible, maybe you can think of joining your ante room to the living room, instead of the bedroom.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
Cold141114:

Boss na south African bricks supposed be there, considering the cement design beside it unless she's just trying something not common and for beautiful view from far self should be south African bricks..... That wooden tiles will just be like kitchen wall on outside

My opinion
my brother all this is all about choice , both of them is good and well okay for there left him to get good paint that will match anyone it he decide to use
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tiztonio:

I don't know why I'm a fan of small houses grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2022
We are always available for your project, you can reach us on 07069462837
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tiztonio:

5million will go a long way but won't be enough.. Are you going to use pop all through? The type of tiles you'd use? Bathroom, kitchen and rooms accessories. Budget like 7 million to 15 million.. All depends on you but my advice is, start with the funds you have and small small, you'd get to the finals.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and blessed Sam building materials enterprises.
Spanish Stone wall tiles available here
Happy weekend

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Soldierboy30(m): 8:34pm On Sep 04, 2022
BrickDevo:

Your architect is right, given the design of the building, it will be impossible because no bedroom shares a mutual wall with the living room, expanding the living will only affect spaces close to the living room such as dining , ante room,
so asking one of the bedrooms to be added to the living room is asking the Impossible, maybe you can think of joining your ante room to the living room, instead of the bedroom.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Soldierboy30(m): 8:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
BrickDevo:

Thank you for your input, I still need help, please. How about expanding the living room to the yellow line I just indicated?
Also, I don't see a need for the anteroom as I'll be more comfortable if a guest sits outside waiting(I intend to make a small relaxation spot outside for the family, it should serve for guests to wait comfortably too) and if I am comfortable/safe with inviting my guest in, I can ask them to come in if that makes any sense.

I will be interested in adding the anterior to my living room space. It can make for inbar space in the living room but that would mean I will have to move the guest room door but to where?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by arcahmad(m): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:
Please dear professionals in the house, I need your impute.
I am currently building a 4badroom bungalow in Uyo, Akwaibom state and project had been on hold at the filling stage of the foundation.

I plan on resuming work but with small modification. I want one of the rooms to be added to the parlor for bigger living room space and a penthouse introduce in that way recreating and balancing it as 4 bedroom penthouse. In this regard, I contacting my architect but to my shock he said that may not be possible. The building is still at the foundation stage of sand filling the foundation.

I'll appreciate your professional inputs on this, thank you. The land size is 650sqm.
l have a plan similar to your plan, l dont know if you like it and you can use it. If there is no way since you started the consyruction let me see how l can be of help to modify the existing plan executed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:

Thank you for your input, I still need help, please. How about expanding the living room to the yellow line I just indicated?
Also, I don't see a need for the anteroom as I'll be more comfortable if a guest sits outside waiting(I intend to make a small relaxation spot outside for the family, it should serve for guests to wait comfortably too) and if I am comfortable/safe with inviting my guest in, I can ask them to come in if that makes any sense.

I will be interested in adding the anterior to my living room space. It can make for inbar space in the living room but that would mean I will have to move the guest room door but to where?

Check my previous response to your message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
Soldierboy30:

It should work, that would mean extending the foundation to the place you marked, i will suggest that you leave the guest room door where it is, that green line i marked would provide some form of privacy, take out the visitors toilet, to where i marked blue, i recommend is better that way, you can also seek for the opinion of your architect.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 2:24am On Sep 05, 2022
Timtol:
6bedroom Duplex with BQ
(450-600sqm)
Building Plans Available....

08100452977(WhatsApp)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 2:35am On Sep 05, 2022
Tiztonio:
Where is your location? With 5.5m, You only need your house keys from Us in two months time sir. Click on my profile for more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3119) (3120) (3121) (3122) (3123) (3124) (3125) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), Itzkingtimmy(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.