Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,706 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368812 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 11:59pm On Sep 06, 2022
sonnie10:

But why would the use of spacer affect the price of the job? Spacer is very cheap, its just laziness and lack of attention to details that would make some people not use it.

There's price to every standard Sir..... that's what i mean Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 12:02am On Sep 07, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Please what are the spacers and what's it used for?

Plastic toothpicks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:12am On Sep 07, 2022
sonnie10:

Plastic toothpicks

That's not what spacers are like....they cross like plastic and has sizes in different 2mm 4mm 6mm e.t.c

If a tiler is using anything like plastic tooth pick....maybe it's just for using sake.......
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 12:22am On Sep 07, 2022
azpekuliar:

It is an object, shaped like a cross. It’s purpose is to ensure that the spaces between tiles are even or consistent. They come in sizes. Our artisans hardly use it. They prefer sharp sharp work. grin

sonnie10:

Plastic toothpicks

Cold141114:

That's not what spacers are like....they cross like plastic and has sizes in different 2mm 4mm 6mm e.t.c

If a tiler is using anything like plastic tooth pick....maybe it's just for using sake.......

Oh wow. Didn't know about it. Just checked it online. I already have a Tiler we've agreed on N400/sqm, Will labour cost increase considerably if I insist on my Tiler using it? If yes, what will be a fair addition in that case, just to ensure perfect work. And will I be the one to buy it or it's part of their materials for work.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:26am On Sep 07, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Oh wow. Didn't know about it. Just checked it online. I already have a Tiler we've agreed on N400/sqm, Will labour cost increase considerably if I insist on my Tiler using it? And will I be the one to buy it or it's part of their materials for work.

You will buy it but first ask your tiler if he's good in using the spacer....some tiler can't use some tools......
Labour cost of #400/m with spacer....na wah naija
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:32am On Sep 07, 2022
azpekuliar:

It is an object, shaped like a cross. It’s purpose is to ensure that the spaces between tiles are even or consistent. They come in sizes. Our artisans hardly use it. They prefer sharp sharp work. grin

Good things they say....na money finish am
Many contractor/engineer just wanted perfect work while they don't for it

#250/square meter.....
#300/square meter
#400/square meter

You see all this price.....the tiler will have to work extremely hard to have enough to part with after job

How tiler wan do 20 square meter a day and also pay helper....how much e go remain?
And later do cleaning with perfect finishing........ that's why you will see artisan that will rush work just to part with enough money at the end
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:38am On Sep 07, 2022
Normal normal if all safety procedures are being put into place in tiling

There won't be any tiler that will even take some certain amount i have heard in my entire time in tiling works

Think all those edge in your toilet/bathroom are with genesis
Architectural drawings follow up in layings

Tiler will just do normal 10 square meters a day with perfection and satisfying job

Check YouTube and see some Italian or Spanish mode of tiling
Nigeria we no wan pay but want sweet looking jobs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 12:52am On Sep 07, 2022
Cold141114:

You will buy it but first ask your tiler if he's good in using the spacer....some tiler can't use some tools......
Labour cost of #400/m with spacer....na wah naija

Please read again. I never said N400/sqm with spacer. N400/sqm is what we have agreed on the job since 2 weeks ago. I'm just learning about spacer tonight and I'm asking what will be a fair amount to increase the labour to, if I insist on him using spacers for a perfect job. Clear?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 12:55am On Sep 07, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Please read again. I never said N400/sqm with spacer. N400/sqm is what we have agreed on the job since 2 weeks ago. I'm just learning about spacer tonight and I'm asking what will be a fair amount to increase the labour if I insist on him using spacers for a perfect job. Clear?

Understood Sir
Please make sure the tiler affirm to use of

spacers for the tiles.....there some tiles that doesn't fit for spacers too
Some 60by60 tiles are better with no space and some wall tiles too....

Thanks sir.....
Modified: it's the tiler that will determine his price, depending on what he want to do for you........

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:57am On Sep 07, 2022
We are here for your pop ceiling, screeding, artwork, tv stand, wall divider. We give the best in what we do. Check out tread, our good work speaks for us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:26am On Sep 07, 2022
somehow:

If you do not mind Mowe Ofada, got a plot for you there at Queens Park estate ph2 with some millions to spare off your budget.

Distance to Ikeja (peak) is 1hr03mins.

That place is ORILEMO, far from MOWE-OFADA proper. I don't know why these developers are calling there MOWE-OFADA.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:31am On Sep 07, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Oh wow. Didn't know about it. Just checked it online. I already have a Tiler we've agreed on N400/sqm, Will labour cost increase considerably if I insist on my Tiler using it? If yes, what will be a fair addition in that case, just to ensure perfect work. And will I be the one to buy it or it's part of their materials for work.
If they know how to use it, insist that they do.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:51am On Sep 07, 2022
somehow:
It's an Estate.
About 10 minutes drive to the main road.
Located at Orile Imo around International Breweries Plc, Sagamu Interchange, Obafemi Owode Local Government.

For more information, just type the Estate name into google, and you will get more details and pictures for better-informed decision-making.

That's correct.

@Kvngfrosh make sure you have a small car though to take you around and out of the place.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:20am On Sep 07, 2022
bolu1986:
Hi guys any lead on where I can get this type of cornice?

You would get it in Yaba. (Visit shops, that make mould only).
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:41am On Sep 07, 2022
sonnie10:

Thanks. I was considering between wooden tiles and brick for the marked area. Now, I do think this reflective tile might even be better. How much per square meter?

Ogami, this your structure dey massive oo!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:26am On Sep 07, 2022
dapotemi:
Halleluyah, Jehovah, which of your mercy will I deny... Today, i am a beneficiary of your love and mercy... The building collapse at sanfill yesterday affected my office... It was expected, every thing about that construction, from my layman's view is just wrong. We talked about it, we joke about it.. They keep adding one floor almost every other month.. Workers always fighting on site.. At a point, they were constituting nuisance and disturbing us.. Look at the end, so pathetic..

Chai lipsrsealed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:48am On Sep 07, 2022
gbadexy:

The premium emulsion or matte if slight sheen is desired.
Matte: N32000
Premium emulsion: N16000
Satin: N42000
Silk: N48000

Modified to include matte.
Good day sir.
Kindly update your price, if there has been changes in these prices above.
Which type of paint would you recommend for an exterior painting(cost-effective, no fading).

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2022
I need some advice regarding borehole. Site is in Obada, Abeokuta
I did 2 geo-surveys and they both pointed to same thing, similar spots.
I contacted 2 drillers. One is charging me about 1.9m for the total package and the other one is asking that I pay him as things unfold. drill, installation, procurement and I'll later pay for his service charge (he hinted that around 1.5m will sort everything). I have done borehole in my previous project but this seem to be an entirely different experience.
They both said that they're going to be using the Indian drilling machine.
Kindly offer your advice. I want to get it right this time. I already wasted 600k on a deep well, with the pumping machine now stolen.

cc diordaves

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 7:13am On Sep 07, 2022
Cold141114:

Good things they say....na money finish am
Many contractor/engineer just wanted perfect work while they don't for it

#250/square meter.....
#300/square meter
#400/square meter

You see all this price.....the tiler will have to work extremely hard to have enough to part with after job

How tiler wan do 20 square meter a day and also pay helper....how much e go remain?
And later do cleaning with perfect finishing........ that's why you will see artisan that will rush work just to part with enough money at the end

Nigerian artisans generally lack finesse no matter how much they are paid. Tilers who work without spacers are no different from a painter who rather than take his time to use a masking tape to cover all electrical socket covers before painting a wall, will rather paint over them and tell you he has done a good job.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2022
Affordable Doors at OX- Furnitures.
09090040008, 08066377733.

We deliver and work Nationwide

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Good day sir.
Kindly update your price, if there has been changes in these prices above.
Which type of paint would you recommend for an exterior painting(cost-effective, no fading).
You may use premium grade emulsion sir.
It's durable for external use also it just doesn't have the low sheen or cleanability like the matte.

The premium emulsion or matte if slight sheen is desired.
Matte: N28000
Premium emulsion: N16000
Satin: N35000
Silk: N45000
The previous price included cost for logistics and equipment cost for application during the promo period.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 7:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Affordable Chairs @ OX- Furniture
09090040008, 08066377733

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2022
azpekuliar:

Nigerian artisans generally lack finesse no matter how much they are paid. Tilers who work without spacers are no different from a painter who rather than take his time to use a masking tape to cover all electrical socket covers before painting a wall, will rather paint over them and tell you he has done a good job.

Ogami I bet to disagree with you o... Not all sir. Don't let's us generalized this thing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2022
twinskenny:

Ogami I bet to disagree with you o... Not all sir. Don't let's us generalized this thing

Ok o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2022
Cold141114:
Normal normal if all safety procedures are being put into place in tiling

There won't be any tiler that will even take some certain amount i have heard in my entire time in tiling works

Think all those edge in your toilet/bathroom are with genesis
Architectural drawings follow up in layings

Tiler will just do normal 10 square meters a day with perfection and satisfying job

Check YouTube and see some Italian or Spanish mode of tiling
Nigeria we no wan pay but want sweet looking jobs

I have a met a tiler who charges 1500 per sqm . If you can't afford it then move.. he has the tools and the knowledge of it....

I can't invest in high end tools to make your work better then I will now charge peanut to carry out the job.. na
Professionalizm come with a price

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2022
azpekuliar:

Lol Good morning sir.....it all depends on experience Sir..........
Also some artisan lack the sense of improvement and getting updated/informed about new techniques
How can an artisans not try to read or have time on research about his/her job......
Everyday should be learning new things by artisan just to be informed

You will hear somethings from artisan like...."but it's my work na you can teach me how to do it"
You see those words irritate me much.....as an artisan you have to be open to learning new ideas
Let me say something like skill upgrading programs or times should be spare for skill upgrading....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 7:55am On Sep 07, 2022
dapotemi:
Halleluyah, Jehovah, which of your mercy will I deny... Today, i am a beneficiary of your love and mercy... The building collapse at sanfill yesterday affected my office... It was expected, every thing about that construction, from my layman's view is just wrong. We talked about it, we joke about it.. They keep adding one floor almost every other month.. Workers always fighting on site.. At a point, they were constituting nuisance and disturbing us.. Look at the end, so pathetic..

Thank God for you. Do you know who the developer is?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by azpekuliar: 7:57am On Sep 07, 2022
Cold141114:

Lol Good morning sir.....it all depends on experience Sir..........
Also some artisan lack the sense of improvement and getting updated/informed about new techniques
How can an artisans not try to read or have time on research about his/her job......
Everyday should be learning new things by artisan just to be informed

You will hear somethings from artisan like...."but it's my work na you can teach me how to do it"
You see those words irritate me much.....as an artisan you have to be open to learning new ideas
Let me say something like skill upgrading programs or times should be spare for skill upgrading....

I agree with you cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:01am On Sep 07, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Ogami, this your structure dey massive oo!

Jeje l'aye Sir. No one but God.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2022
azpekuliar:

Ok o
My painters use masking tape and membrane for floor.
Although most would require some strict supervision for compliance.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:12am On Sep 07, 2022
MrOkenwa:
I need some advice regarding borehole. Site is in Obada, Abeokuta
I did 2 geo-surveys and they both pointed to same thing, similar spots.
I contacted 2 drillers. One is charging me about 1.9m for the total package and the other one is asking that I pay him as things unfold. drill, installation, procurement and I'll later pay for his service charge (he hinted that around 1.5m will sort everything). I have done borehole in my previous project but this seem to be an entirely different experience.
They both said that they're going to be using the Indian drilling machine.
Kindly offer your advice. I want to get it right this time. I already wasted 600k on a deep well, with the pumping machine now stolen.

cc diordaves

Yes with your overbuden, you need the Indian drillers or locals with the right machines. They are mostly in Ibadan. They couldn't do mine in Sagamu axis because of the overburden of 50m my survey has. I had to use the company that has been drilling in the estate. I paid 550k early this year. I can give you contact of the Ibadan folks and you share your survey with them but you do your diligence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3123) (3124) (3125) (3126) (3127) (3128) (3129) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.