Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391396 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:49am On Sep 16, 2022
henrymor:
Hi Fam

Is Macnugar Paints good? Especially, their ultrafine Matt emulsion.

If yes, please how much is it?

I also need suggestions for the best paint to use for a screeded exterior wall.
gbadexy is on here and he produces good and premium paints. No single complaint about his products so far.
I'll be buying from him next month. In Sha Allah.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:34am On Sep 16, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Yes. There are alternatives when cooking. It's useless most of the time.
The plumber was indifferent about it though.
Madam insisted on it

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:44am On Sep 16, 2022
I still have some solar street light available

1 year warranty

200w

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:45am On Sep 16, 2022
twinskenny:
I still have some solar street light available

1 year warranty

wattage?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:45am On Sep 16, 2022
FEGEITOK:

wattage?
200watts boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2022
BrickDevo:

Madam insisted on it
Yes baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:25pm On Sep 16, 2022
MrOkenwa:

3,850 to site plus ( 50 bags and above, from a distributor in Abeokuta). 20 naira per bag for offloading.

4,100 to site ( urgent 1 to 10 bags from a retail store nearby)

Thanks!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 1:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
henrymor:
Hi Fam

Is Macnugar Paints good? Especially, their ultrafine Matt emulsion.

If yes, please how much is it?

I also need suggestions for the best paint to use for a screeded exterior wall.

We have a resident paint manufacturer here @gbadexy. He has responded to your questions earlier. His paints are good and affordable.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
Okay thank you.
folmus:

We have a resident paint manufacturer here @gbadexy. He has responded to your questions earlier. His paints are good and affordable.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Please how do I contact gbadexy?
MrOkenwa:

gbadexy is on here and he produces good and premium paints. No single complaint about his products so far.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
henrymor:
Please how do I contact gbadexy?
My details are on my signature sir. 0909.6856.700
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Cold141114(m): 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Please I'm writing here again to solicit for help in case anyone has tiler he can connect me to.......i fit work under anybody just to get something on the table...... I'm loyal and will find a means to transport myself to anywhere.........
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
MrOkenwa:

folmus:

Thanks very much sirs, I'm grateful.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Procarpenter: 6:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Procarpenter:
So beautiful

Thanks so much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wooden Spanish floor tiles
20by120
Still your blessed sunny global investment

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
House pls, I have a 6 room self contain ongoing project. Do this really need kitchen door.
What is important of kitchen door in a room self contain house.
Pls, I need our opinion.
I can even remember the last time I closed my kitchen door in my personal 3 bedroom flat.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
Timtol:
We have some lands for sale ... In case you're in need of land please kindly reach out to us well.
We're able for inspection of both land properties and structures....

450sqm ---- #150m 2units available.

450sqm ---- #170m

900sqm. --- #270m

Title -- deed of assignment and survey, global C of O

All plots at Osapa London.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
Timtol:
None of these sketches are paid for, picked randomly from our archive,past works .... Any paid work never goes out cheap. (Privacy)
Note : The two floor plan images attached are not same and the plans are not in conformity with the 3d images attached to make plagiarism more difficult to any interested in such.

You love such luxury building plans?

Kindly reach out to us;
info@dioritestructures.com.ng
www.dioritestructures.com.ng
Our portfolio is available for accessibility to anyone who have some interest.

Quality and luxury aren't cheap but can be afforded....
The Best or Nothing Else

08100452977(WhatsApp)
08127167275 Alternative line
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:42am On Sep 17, 2022
oduncojamaica:
House pls, I have a 6 room self contain ongoing project. Do this really need kitchen door.
Pls, I need our opinion.
I can even remember the last time I closed my kitchen door in my personal 3 bedroom flat.

Its still going to be functional without a door but I would install a kitchen door for my tenants since you dont know the preferences of your future tenants and again kitchen gives some form of privacy especially when you have a visitor in a small apartment like the one you described.

Its like kitchen cabinets without door, its still going to be functional but all your garri, maggi and co will be exposed to whoever walk into your kitchen.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 6:34am On Sep 17, 2022
BrickDevo:

Madam insisted on it

Shikena
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DanIduh06: 9:03am On Sep 17, 2022
coldcandy:

I told my plumber not to channel hot water to any of my hand wash basins. He was looking at me like I was from d moon.
He said supposed it's cold and there's need to use hot water..
I asked him if he has ever used hot water to brush or wash hands in Abuja.
He said no.
I told him if he use my pipes to send hot water to the basins, I will remove the cost of the pipes and mixer taps from his workmanship money.
He grudgingly did wht I wanted.

We had similar arguments on chamberless waste piping. Now all his works are chamberless.

Sometimes one has to insist on certain things.

Can you kindly help the contact of the plumber?

I like that chamber less waste piping
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Belolisah(m): 9:36am On Sep 17, 2022
For the best house plans in Nigeria and construction service in and around Enugu, contact us at 07057507784
Sailglobe Resource Ltd is a registered company with CAC and has been delivering standard construction services for many years
House-plans in nigeria/

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 10:27am On Sep 17, 2022
gbadexy:

Thanks very much sirs, I'm grateful.

I am a lil bit surprised you didn't use the last part of Aida principle (A&grin) bolded by recommending yourself to a product which you make so well ?? Are you shy shy sir ?? Lol

Attention – The consumer becomes aware of a category, product or brand (usually through advertising)

Interest – The consumer becomes interested by learning about brand benefits & how the brand fits with lifestyle

Desire – The consumer develops a favorable disposition towards the brand

Action – The consumer forms a purchase intention, shops around, engages in trial or makes a purchase

Cheers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2022
dongc:

I am a lil bit surprised you didn't use the last part of Aida principle (A&grin) bolded by recommending yourself to a product which you make so well ?? Are you shy shy sir ?? Lol

Attention – The consumer becomes aware of a category, product or brand (usually through advertising)

Interest – The consumer becomes interested by learning about brand benefits & how the brand fits with lifestyle

Desire – The consumer develops a favorable disposition towards the brand

Action – The consumer forms a purchase intention, shops around, engages in trial or makes a purchase

Cheers
I've learnt something new. Thanks very much sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gigdfhjjhvc: 10:55am On Sep 17, 2022
Good morning bosses, abeg my guy advised me to use polystyrene pop that it cheaper than the normal pop. Is this polystyrene gud to use? Any fault with it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 11:19am On Sep 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:
What is the practice here?

After pouring concrete, how long do you wait before you tile?

https://www. tcnatile. com/ faqs/27-tile-over-concrete.html

When pouring concrete, did you install a vapor Barrier or Vapor Retarder?

Close the gaps: https:// www. energy. gov/energysaver/vapor-barriers-or-vapor-retarders

If you cry about water ingress into the walls and the floor, then you will know why!

So I am remodeling an old house, and as I always do, I research the issue very deeply.

Found this, hope it helps someone given the hues and cries about damp wall, mold etc due to bad building practices locally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8fOMBlfh3A&ab_channel=MattRisinger

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
coldcandy:

I told my plumber not to channel hot water to any of my hand wash basins. He was looking at me like I was from d moon.
He said supposed it's cold and there's need to use hot water..
I asked him if he has ever used hot water to brush or wash hands in Abuja.
He said no.
I told him if he use my pipes to send hot water to the basins, I will remove the cost of the pipes and mixer taps from his workmanship money.
He grudgingly did wht I wanted.

We had similar arguments on chamberless waste piping. Now all his works are chamberless.

Sometimes one has to insist on certain things.

grin Chai boss , You disagreed with Naso we dey do am. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Abeg make una use experienced eye take access this my POP guys work. I as tired of going through online pictures and finally gave them the liberty to just come up with their own designs on the fly. Just gave an idea of what I want. I think i really like them but also help me check them.
1. Parlour
2. Still Parlour Area
3. Dinning
4. Kitchen

Looks Nice...

From the design! You definitely love lighting , the concept of the design is to house different led light display.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
FEGEITOK:

Today I bought an 18 guage brad nailer locally while also placing an order for the 23 gauge pin nailer from overseas.

The sellers say these are low demand products in Nigerian so those who sell, don't stock it again or plan to restock if the current stock is exhausted.

I know that there are people who have and use these equipment, but the average carpenter in Nigeria can't be bothered, and it shows in the finishing of their work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvO1d-6keYc&ab_channel=TheJigstar

Boss! Please how much did you get this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
henrymor:
Good afternoon fam,

Thanks for always helping out.

I want to paint my house's exterior and fence but I am confused.

The painter suggested satin for the exterior but emulsion for the fence.

But my friend's wife who works in a paint company in Lagos suggested that I should use ultra-fine matte emulsion for both.

Note: I screeded the exterior but didn't screed the fence.

1. Please, what's the difference between satin and ultrafine matte emulsion?

2. Which one do you think I should go for?

3. I want suggestions on how to achieve the best without spending much.

Thank you.

1 : satin is shiny than Matt (Satin has a more resilient nature)

2 : I'd advise you go for Matt for your exterior.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 1:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
hamtabfawaz:

Boss! Please how much did you get this?

I got it for a steal, it cost me 40k, but don't expect to get it at that price, because they guy seriously wanted to offload it, he has had it on his shelf for longer than he cares to remember.

There are three types: 1. electric 2. pneumatic 3. battery powered

Be very sure of the one you are buying

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
oduncojamaica:
Pls, I need our opinion.
Kitchen door is an added advantage in 'a room self contain house'.

Here in Abuja the rent is higher for a self contain with kitchen door!

No kitchen door? Lower rent!!!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3137) (3138) (3139) (3140) (3141) (3142) (3143) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Obinnau(m), Rany4all(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.