Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,872 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385676 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
topsy23:

If you are doing screeding, electrical can come after screeding. But you must apply first coat before installation of fittings
What if I'm already living in a screeded house without electrical fittings?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
dongc:

Most direct importers are located in the east I believe...Aba and onitsha..I think also...Onne port I think...
A lot of products are cheaper in onitsha and aba than lagos..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
Olumighty123:

70k sir.
The normal walkie talkie without video is 5k...
Why waste 65k for a video that works for only 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 6:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
bobkezel:

Only 2 weeks? That's definitely not a video door phone or could be your installer did an awful job.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
bobkezel:

What if I'm already living in a screeded house without electrical fittings?

You can fix it before the final painting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rany4all:
The painter isn't being lazy Engr. That's my preferred option as well and no artisan, builder or engr can convince me otherwise. I will paint first before doing fittings or cabinets anyday, anytime...in fact, I'd even install wooden doors after painting as well. People do things in their own preferred ways for different reasons. The owner of the project should have the final say after getting properly informed on pros and cons of both options.

My personal reasons for choosing to paint first are:
1. to prevent paint stains on fittings, cabinets or wooden doors, which can be quite unsightly for me,
2. to prevent areas of unpainted wall under fittings, which may become exposed in the future if I ever have to replace fittings,
3. dirt on painted wall can be remedied easily, but not so easy for paint stains on fittings and woodwork.
4. the overall finish looks a lot more tidy and professional when painting is done first in my opinion,
5. IT IS MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE
It all boils down to individual preference like you rightly stated and your reasons are very valid and what the proponents of painting first says.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
bobkezel:

A lot of products are cheaper in onitsha and aba than lagos..
You are very correct sir, especially plastic and many chemicals and I wonder why since lagos port is supposed to be closer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
bobkezel:

thats not nice... if you are not buying you can just pass without making any comment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ado Ekiti State
Roof Design : Milano Design
Colour: Coffee brown with Black patches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mph6TRr98Fc

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
money121:
Job Done!!

people wey sabi.

welldone brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 7:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
money121:
Job Done!!

This is 3 bed right?

How much does it cost to get this roofing done?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Haywhy433(m): 7:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Please what quality modern wooden door can i get with 200k for a living room of a 3bed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rany4all:
I haven't, but I do not like the idea that I'd still have to do a separate soakaway for waste water and also have to source for special toilet cleaning agents that may not be readily available, if I'm to opt for a biodigester soakaway. Personally, I'd rather go for the regular, tried and tested septic tank/soakaway combination even if it's more expensive, but that's just me I guess.

Okay Sir... Someone said I should go for biodigester but I have not seen anyone using it so that I can know which is better and how it works...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
decatalyst:

This is 3 bed right?

How much does it cost to get this roofing done?

Attached is the Quotation for the Roofing sheet

Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
twinskenny:

people wey sabi.

welldone brother

Thanks boss mi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
redgem:

Okay Sir... Someone said I should go for biodigester but I have not seen anyone using it so that I can know which is better and how it works...
The biodigester soakaway is a much smaller entity than the regular soakaway, so the artisans claim it is cheaper and requires less space. They put certain products containing microorganisms and enzymes inside the biodigester soakaway, which are meant to breakdown faeces into gas that is then released into the atmosphere through vents.

Now the catch, which the artisans will not readily tell you upfront until after you're fully committed, is that the biodigester soakaway is only meant for your toilets. It is too small to take on waste water from baths, kitchen, washing machine or wash hand basins, and also the soap used in these places will deactivate the microorganisms and/or enzymes, so you still have to do a separate soakaway for your waste water, which may actually nullify the claim that it is "cheaper" or requires "less space".

And again, just as soap can deactivate the microorganisms, your regular toilet cleaning agents can also do the same, so you have to buy special cleaning agents meant for use with biodigester soakaways and these cleaning agents are not just readily available on your supermarket shelves.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for your input.

Adedward:
for my little knowledge painting means, every other work man has finish
Electrical*
Furniture,
Painting * painting is last work, after painting general cleaning and move in,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thanks for your input

coldcandy:

Electrical - painting - furniture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
My sentiments exactly I just became aware of what has been done to date but wanted to know from those who have done this route cos mine was different.
Badgers14:

I have not completed building approval in lagos myself.

But I wonder why someone residing abroad would tender his tax documents for building approval in Nigeria??

Is it cheaper that way??

The reason I asked is even if an individual paid $100k in taxes in US or £70k in taxes in the UK. There's no way building approval authorities will be hitting back flips and clapping for you...
Although it seems that what they are doing is trying to generate revenue for their respective states but they don't really care about taxation laws.. they all want to be paid in the end.

Matter of fact, even if you bring in income tax receipts from a different state, the state you are building on will still tell you ehn ehn.... You paid taxes in different state, the tax we need is the receipts of the ones you paid in the state you are seeking the building approval from
( this happened to me).

This is one of the many reasons why individuals resort to "any means" to overcome this burden and get their building plans approved because even if you try to do right , they still say you are wrong. Damn you if you do, damn you if you don't.

Why would someone pay taxes in 2 different states from one income?? It defies common sense but that's the way it they think it should be

But the bigger part of it is with the loose privacy laws in Nigeria, someone Turning in their foreign tax documents with their information 'might' be opening themselves up for things they didn't bargain for.

Also, jealous folks in that office will be saying ehn ehn... hin wan show us say hin dey live abroad etc... and they will see the abroadian as ATM or make life unnecessarily hard for them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Acknowledged, many thanks

Rany4all:
The painter isn't being lazy Engr. That's my preferred option as well and no artisan, builder or engr can convince me otherwise. I will paint first before doing fittings or cabinets anyday, anytime...in fact, I'd even install wooden doors after painting as well. People do things in their own preferred ways for different reasons. The owner of the project should have the final say after getting properly informed on pros and cons of both options.

1. to prevent paint stains on fittings, cabinets or wooden doors, which can be quite unsightly for me,
2. to prevent areas of unpainted wall under fittings, which may become exposed in the future if I ever have to replace fittings,
3. dirt on painted wall can be remedied easily, but not so easy for paint stains on fittings and woodwork.
4. the overall finish looks a lot more tidy and professional when painting is done first in my opinion,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rany4all:
The biodigester soakaway is a much smaller entity than the regular soakaway, so the artisans claim it is cheaper and requires less space. They put certain products containing microorganisms and enzymes inside the biodigester soakaway, which are meant to breakdown faeces into gas that is then released into the atmosphere through vents.

Now the catch, which the artisans will not readily tell you upfront until after you're fully committed, is that the biodigester soakaway is only meant for your toilets. It is too small to take on waste water from baths, kitchen, washing machine or wash hand basins, and also the soap used in these places will deactivate the microorganisms and/or enzymes, so you still have to do a separate soakaway for your waste water, which may actually nullify the claim that it is "cheaper" or requires "less space".

And again, just as soap can deactivate the microorganisms, your regular toilet cleaning agents can also do the same, so you have to buy special cleaning agents meant for use with biodigester soakaways and these cleaning agents are not just readily available on your supermarket shelves.

Thanks so much for explaining this to me... I appreciate it, you've saved me from the brouhaha of the so-called biodigester
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hargbo:
Does anyone knows the process and cost of getting this in Lagos state

Official rate is 200k plus

But if you know your way you can get it way way less

Meanwhile, beware some persons might want to charge you for board differently and reg number differently, don’t fall for that.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
Rany4all:

The only reasonable point here is the last point (5) and this is my personal opinion.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 10:55pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hycon:
I greet you all.

Please could anyone here state the cost of architectural design of a 3-4 bedroom bungalow.

What does it mean to have the electrical and mechanical drawings done separately?

Thanks in advance!

Electrical drawing shows you information about power, lighting, etc
While
Mechanical drawing provides info about plumbing, ventilation etc and as such, it is different from Electrical drawing

But then, you don’t need electrical or mechanical drawing when seeking for approval for bungalow at least in Lagos state.

You can get it if you can afford it, it helps serve as a plan and guide to workmen on site.

For bungalow designs and plans, you can check our thread dedicated to bungalow designs only

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/3

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2022
coldcandy:

The only reasonable point here is the last point (5) and this is my personal opinion.
You've contributed nothing here Sir. Why not share with us, your own "reasonable points" for doing it differently instead, so that the guy that asked the question can use your "reasonable points" to make an informed decision. Thanks. lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hycon(m): 2:18am On Oct 27, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Electrical drawing shows you information about power, lighting, etc
While
Mechanical drawing provides info about plumbing, ventilation etc and as such, it is different from Electrical drawing

But then, you don’t need electrical or mechanical drawing when seeking for approval for bungalow at least in Lagos state.

You can get it if you can afford it, it helps serve as a plan and guide to workmen on site.

For bungalow designs and plans, you can check our thread dedicated to bungalow designs only

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/3

How much do you charge to design a 3-4 bedrooms bungalow ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4newguy: 4:27am On Oct 27, 2022
praise010:

For the first/new tenant , his fees should be the fees for the lease agreement so your rent should remain intact. For rent renewal , you can negotiate 5% of the rental

A lawyer fee cannot cover litigation fees where there is need to evict a tenant. Usually, you may not pay for quite notices , but you will be charged for filing the processes in court and appearance fees

You can't deal with prompt or delayed payment by tenants upfront. No matter the clause you have in an agreement, bad tenants won't give a damn and the only option is to take him to court with the attendant challenges associated with our Court system.

A lawyer should also be the caretaker. The tenancy agreement out there have almost the same clause....

Thanks for your reply. I was with a lawyer of recent and he's willing to take 5% but he is insisting ill also pay him for the first year for managing the property(tenants will pay him for tenancy agreement).
Is it a norm for lawyers to collect management fees from the first year while also collecting tenancy agreement from tenants ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:57am On Oct 27, 2022
kiekie1:
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N23,000
12v 150a.....N17,000
12v 100a.......N11,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within some parts of Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) ..

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

We're at your beacon call ...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:58am On Oct 27, 2022
PHOCOS BATTERY LESS INVERTER AVAILABLE FOR ORDER!!

Brand new phocos pure sinewave 5000 watts 48v hybrid wall mount power inverter .. Feel free to contact me for its datasheet PDF.. Pls see attached images below :

Idle self consumption: 14 watts to 40 watts max

PRICE: N690,000

C & D FTA SLIM BATTERY! 2 DAYS PROMO!!!

C & D 12V 195AH AGM Battery (AES Series) now available & definitely a good Value for money.

FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• High density pasted plates for high cycle life
• Nano-Carbon Enhanced active material to maximize
cycle performance and PSoC operation
• Low calcium Lead/Tin alloy plates for efficient gas recombination
for long life in both cycling and float applications
• Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) technology for efficient
gas recombination of up to 99% and freedom from electrolyte
maintenance

DEPTH OF DISCHARGE VS CYCLES
10% = 6200 - 7000 cycles
20% = 5700 - 6500 cycles
50% = 1800 - 2,800 cycles
80% = 600 cycles
100% = 425 cycles

PRICE:265,000

Smartcell Nuggets: Americans are in need of an all-of-the-above energy approach, and when you think about all-of-the-above, you think about wind, solar, hydrogen, think about all those groovy technologies I really like.

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by robertbrownn: 8:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2022
BRAND NEW EASTMAN TUBULAR BATTERY AVAILABLE!!!

12v 200Ah 150k (18 Months warranty)
12v 220Ah 160k (24 Months warranty)

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Trippleblessing(f): 8:31am On Oct 27, 2022
Rany4all:

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (3184) (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hardbite(m), topsy23, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Shady92(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.