Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,326 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368132 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2022
This painting/fittings issue should not be rocket science. Why can’t they just paint around the fittings openings first ( it shouldn’t take more than a gallon of paint in all), then fix the fittings. After, fixing the fittings, they could be masked before painting the whole house.
A roll of masking tape and one old newspaper would be enough for a single family building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 10:09am On Oct 27, 2022
Ok.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Haywhy433(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2022
Haywhy433:
Please what quality modern wooden door can i get with 200k for a living room of a 3bed?
Biko
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hargbo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2022
Charisdesigns:

Official rate is 200k plus

But if you know your way you can get it way way less

Meanwhile, beware some persons might want to charge you for board differently and reg number differently, don’t fall for that.
Ok thanks my Oga, How can I get this in Lagos. I would be happy if you can give me pointers on how to go about it. I need for a site in Meiran
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2022
[quote author=gabbytabby post=117869144][/quote]

Madam gabbytabby, there is no clear cut process. They are just govt sanctioned area boys. The amount you will finally pay depends on negotiation and how you positively throw your weight around. However, it is not a good idea to tender ANY foreign document.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lekan239(m): 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
Roofing completed by imranroofing in Ado-Ekiti.

I chatted him up on nairaland and he deliver a top notch job. Very swift response

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
Coiner:
Greetings guys. Pls any ideas on how much it would cost currently to get something like this done?
about 300-400,000 depending on location, materials and vendor
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Lekan239:

I chatted him up on nairaland and he deliver a top notch job. Very swift response
Thanks for Your patronage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:14pm On Oct 27, 2022
Lekan239:

Beautiful

Let's handle the electrical for you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer1401: 3:29pm On Oct 27, 2022
Where are the people who are into iron gates? Only in Ibadan pls. Drop your phone number ASAP.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer1401: 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
Where is your location? Can you deliver gates in Ibadan? We are looking for the best man for the job.
michlins:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Where is your location? Can you deliver gates in Ibadan? We are looking for the best man for the job.
yes, I can deliver to Ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
michlins:

Okay. Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2022
Philipy group of company will ready to give you the best, when it come to building finishings,ranging from plastering to painting, with a very neat and durable art work,done with high quality quarter rod to avoid future cracking, contact us today and enjoy,09058432795

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer1401: 5:03pm On Oct 27, 2022
I prefer someone in Ibadan because of inspection
michlins:
yes, I can deliver to Ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Lekan239:

Good News
Let handle the aluminum window for you sir
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
Where do you base? Pls Send me your phone number
Nnewi Anambra State.
070 3244 6904
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Goodman001: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
money121:

Thanks for Your patronage
please sir, how do they go about roofing? I have a 5 bedroom already at roofing level, I want to do this stone coated roofs..I have some money but I doubt if it will complete all of the roofing work..is it possible I get only the woods for now and later get roofing sheets? And also do I go to a capenter to get woods and then find a roofing company for the sheets…? Please help me sir..my location is port harcourt.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2022
money121:

Attached is the Quotation for the Roofing sheet

Whatsapp 08085310359 for more enquires

Sir, please what is 'Ridge cap, Bash board and Valley gutter?, are they in the picture you posted?. Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

Sir, please what is 'Ridge cap, Bash board and Valley gutter?, are they in the picture you posted?. Thank you Sir.
Yea

Red arrow pointn to bash board is used to hold the sunbreaker

Yellow arrow pointn to ridge cap is used to cover the edges that d roofing sheet meet

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:50pm On Oct 27, 2022
Goodman001:
please sir, how do they go about roofing? I have a 5 bedroom already at roofing level, I want to do this stone coated roofs..I have some money but I doubt if it will complete all of the roofing work..is it possible I get only the woods for now and later get roofing sheets? And also do I go to a capenter to get woods and then find a roofing company for the sheets…? Please help me sir..my location is port harcourt.

My company is here in lagos,
Yes you can construct the woodwork for now at least you will av idea and know d sqm that will cover the building
Yes you and your carpenter can get the wood

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer1401: 8:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
I will pass your number to the person that will talk to you.
michlins:
Nnewi Anambra State.
070 3244 6904
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2022
Gokoyer1401:
I will pass your number to the person that will talk to you.
ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 9:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
Call Maplewood Furniture Nigeria Enterprises for your home furniture. We are committed to providing high quality furniture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:31pm On Oct 27, 2022
money121:

Yea

Red arrow pointn to bash board is used to hold the sunbreaker

Yellow arrow pointn to ridge cap is used to cover the edges that d roofing sheet meet

Ok Sir, Thank you.
I am at Parapet stage and resident in PH.
Please can you determine the square meters of a roof from the roof plan or you have to take the measurement on site?.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2022
Rany4all:
The biodigester soakaway is a much smaller entity than the regular soakaway, so the artisans claim it is cheaper and requires less space. They put certain products containing microorganisms and enzymes inside the biodigester soakaway, which are meant to breakdown faeces into gas that is then released into the atmosphere through vents.

Now the catch, which the artisans will not readily tell you upfront until after you're fully committed, is that the biodigester soakaway is only meant for your toilets. It is too small to take on waste water from baths, kitchen, washing machine or wash hand basins, and also the soap used in these places will deactivate the microorganisms and/or enzymes, so you still have to do a separate soakaway for your waste water, which may actually nullify the claim that it is "cheaper" or requires "less space".

And again, just as soap can deactivate the microorganisms, your regular toilet cleaning agents can also do the same, so you have to buy special cleaning agents meant for use with biodigester soakaways and these cleaning agents are not just readily available on your supermarket shelves.

Weldone for the heads up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2022
Good evening House, I am at wiring stage now and I need help. My building is a four bedroom bungalow, all ensuite with provision for AC and water heater in the bathrooms.
Please can the experts help me with the quantity of wire to buy. I will be very grateful. Best regards
CC: twinskenny
CC: topsy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:44pm On Oct 27, 2022
Rany4all:
You've contributed nothing here Sir. Why not share with us, your own "reasonable points" for doing it differently instead, so that the guy that asked the question can use your "reasonable points" to make an informed decision. Thanks. lipsrsealed

There are more than 1000 ways to die. The guy chose one. I can't help him further
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2022
Godisgreatest1:

Ok Sir, Thank you.
I am at Parapet stage and resident in PH.
Please can you determine the square meters of a roof from the roof plan or you have to take the measurement on site?.
Physical measurement Only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 10:55pm On Oct 27, 2022
I'm starting my Tiling of Monday.
I'll like to know what and what should I look out for as I monitor as the work is being done to ensure a proper job is done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:00pm On Oct 27, 2022
Twostep:
Good evening my people, in finishing stage.. does electrical fittings come before painting? Screeding has been done, electrical fittings and furniture (cupboards wants to commence but painter insists he paints first while furniture and electrician insist they do their work first before painting.

Please how best does one go about this ? How do you guys get it done ?

Thank you.

Painting first, so that once your interior has a certain colour, you can make decisions on furnishings to compliment the look of your interior, however there should be opportunity for *final paint finishing* incase of little stains during installation of other necessary furnishings. ✓

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3185) (3186) (3187) (3188) (3189) (3190) (3191) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, dangoteinlaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.