Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374859 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:53pm On Nov 25, 2022
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous to you as a nairalander or a non nairalander.

We are all here to learn and reading this article now will give you an insight to some important things about Casement window which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning and louvers windows.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experience as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation but louvers windows are entirely different from all.

Casement windows are one the most made of aluminum windows in the world.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products for making of these windows by the process called fabricating.

Nigalex is the one of the most expensive follow by the tower aluminum, then there are imported ones many windows fabricators call tower standard but not tower just the standard of what tower produce locally, majority are from china but they have standard of tower quality, you know what I mean, Nigeria are not mining iron ore at ajaokuta talk more of mining aluminum, all this materials are imported, apart from woods for roofing, blocks for building, Coleman wire produce in Nigeria, there are few others building materials Nigeria produces.

The standard glass thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glass, black, white or cream but all of this is a choice, but for security purpose the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing and in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on in the night expect the person is as close to the window as skin is closer to the bones in our body.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged from the left or right side of the frame. The opener can be inward or outward, but is more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion. Windows which open inwardly are usually seen in residential apartments or buildings where security and safety are an issue of concern or paramount.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu close to Egbeda in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though there are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglary that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.

If you are considering the casement, burglary and net embedded in the iron rod that will be use inside the burglary pipe is 16mm.

Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color, Ventilation.

Reasonable Price

Casement windows are one of the best with reasonable prices

Efficiency

Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

Zero Noise Cancellation

Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you leave beside a church or a mosque, please remember I’m an Atheist, lol.

Available in Different Designs and Color

Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation

Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full.

Call 09132123240

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
Internal Regal silk finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK46nEPKwNg

Regal floor paint with sealant over four years with just minor peels at the entrance.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UdAKRFZe_Xw?feature=share

Recent regal floor paint for those who don't know we do floor paint.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:03pm On Nov 25, 2022
unzend:
Hi Everyone,

I got a roofing quotation of 4m for a 21x10m building.
Sandcoated roof tiles

I am thinking of decking instead.

The money is too much.

Kindly advice

21m x 10m is a large house.

Stone coated Woodwork will take about 1million..

Purchase and installation of stone coated roof will take over 2 million..

Decking is not economical also. You will spend more than 4milluon to do a decked roof.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 9:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
DMTtechnologies:

In standard practice, The Quantity Surveyor is part of the design team
you miss my point sir, the qs is part of the team I am not deputing that however the Architect has an idea of building materials costs and how to Design to budget. If the client is complaining of an expensive roof then probably the Architect didn't talk to him about his budget or the project started before materials became more expensive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GuestJoe: 9:16pm On Nov 25, 2022
Please, comrades and professionals in the house,is it compulsory to deck your kitchen?

What are the advantages of it and is there any disadvantage in doing it?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DMTtechnologies: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
you miss my point sir, the qs is part of the team I am not deputing that however the Architect has an idea of building materials costs and how to Design to budget. If the client is complaining of an expensive roof then probably the Architect didn't talk to him about his budget or the project started before materials became more expensive.

I understand you clearly now

You're very right boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
Good day engineer in the house, pls like how many tons of sharp sand & 3/4 granite including cement can cast. 16 pillars successfully including the lintel
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:19pm On Nov 25, 2022
gbadexy:
Internal Regal silk finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK46nEPKwNg

Regal floor paint with sealant over four years with just minor peels at the entrance.

https://youtube.com/shorts/UdAKRFZe_Xw?feature=share

Recent regal floor paint for those who don't know we do floor paint.
Thanks for sharing this concept of flooring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:31pm On Nov 25, 2022
sonnie10:

Thanks for sharing this concept of flooring
You're welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
michlins:
I still never work for you and it will be an honor

I'll be honored too..

I just have a welder at present who does my wleding on site..

But I definitely have you in mind when I come to the East.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
We carried out pile integrity test today

Integrity is our watchword!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:09am On Nov 26, 2022
KolaShangOne:

I'll be honored too..

I just have a welder at present who does my wleding on site..

But I definitely have you in mind when I come to the East.
he's doing a good job. We wait

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WhiteTopaz: 2:30am On Nov 26, 2022
I’ve gained so much since I started following this thread. Big thanks to everyone.

Is there anyway to get the exact coordinates from a survey plan which can be searched on google maps?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 6:25am On Nov 26, 2022
Good morning great members, I want to directly drink water from my borehole. Water is clean and tasteless but I have not done any tests to ensure it is safe. Is there an affordable filtration system to ensure the water supplying me indoors is safe to drink?

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeememman(m): 6:57am On Nov 26, 2022
hslbroker2:
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous to you as a nairalander or a non nairalander.

We are all here to learn and reading this article now will give you an insight to some important things about Casement window which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning and louvers windows.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experience as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation but louvers windows are entirely different from all.

Casement windows are one the most made of aluminum windows in the world.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products for making of these windows by the process called fabricating.

Nigalex is the one of the most expensive follow by the tower aluminum, then there are imported ones many windows fabricators call tower standard but not tower just the standard of what tower produce locally, majority are from china but they have standard of tower quality, you know what I mean, Nigeria are not mining iron ore at ajaokuta talk more of mining aluminum, all this materials are imported, apart from woods for roofing, blocks for building, Coleman wire produce in Nigeria, there are few others building materials Nigeria produces.

The standard glass thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glass, black, white or cream but all of this is a choice, but for security purpose the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing and in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on in the night expect the person is as close to the window as skin is closer to the bones in our body.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged from the left or right side of the frame. The opener can be inward or outward, but is more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion. Windows which open inwardly are usually seen in residential apartments or buildings where security and safety are an issue of concern or paramount.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu close to Egbeda in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though there are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglary that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.

If you are considering the casement, burglary and net embedded in the iron rod that will be use inside the burglary pipe is 16mm.

Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color, Ventilation.

Reasonable Price

Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N45k to N50k without burglary is N35k to N40k plus, designs applies

Efficiency

Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

Zero Noise Cancellation

Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you leave beside a church or a mosque, please remember I’m an Atheist, lol.

Available in Different Designs and Color

Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation

Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full.

Call 09132123240
Nice write up Sir but I don't think 45k to 50k can do a well reinforced (with 16mm rod) 1200*1200 window with a strong material and 5mm glazing. Kindly adjust your price range so your readers can be well informed. A potential client once sent me windows pictures with aliminium burglary without rods inside. That's tantamount to sleeping outside IMO. Regards.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 7:42am On Nov 26, 2022
Spanish tiles here
With affordable price
Still Dfemaguy you know so far
Deal of kinds building materials such as
Tile
Doors
And sanitary Ware's etc

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:04am On Nov 26, 2022
toyeoye:
Good morning great members, I want to directly drink water from my borehole. Water is clean and tasteless but I have not done any tests to ensure it is safe. Is there an affordable filtration system to ensure the water supplying me indoors is safe to drink?

Thank you very much.

If the water is colourless, odourless and tasteless you can install a filter at the discharge pipe coming from overhead water tank to filter any dirt out. But if you are not satisfy with this procedure you can take a small sample to lab for test .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DMTtechnologies: 8:11am On Nov 26, 2022
Akerewe:
Good day engineer in the house, pls like how many tons of sharp sand & 3/4 granite including cement can cast. 16 pillars successfully including the lintel

* What are the sizes of the "pillars" (LxBXW)
* What's your Mix ratio
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:30am On Nov 26, 2022
Good morning

Pop & wall screeding
We are available.

Whatsapp.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 8:37am On Nov 26, 2022
topsy23:

If the water is colourless, odourless and tasteless you can install a filter at the discharge pipe coming from overhead water tank to filter any dirt out. But if you are not satisfy with this procedure you can take a small sample to lab for test .

Thanks @topsy23
The water is colourless, odourless and tasteless. I have a filter for water coming from the borehole into the tank and I like your suggestion to add another filter, just that changing these filters every 2 weeks sef na stress.

Many thanks bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:42am On Nov 26, 2022
I am adding columns to a bungalow that did not have one before.

I asked a carpenter for a quote and he provided one.

He also said that I need 2 carpenters to construct 4 columns.

I objected very strongly to paying 2 carpenters to construct 4 columns.

I told him that I would be paying half the fee he submitted to and told him that I have watched a few videos on how those column frameworks are made, and there is no justification for 2 carpenters to do that job.

That it is work that he can do himself.

Let me share his response:

"The reason why I wanted attach some one to myself is as for the pillar am not expert on it , even mine own someone did for me and pillar need an expertise and should be very strong that why I wanted called an experience pillar carpinter , and now the person has gone out for work"

Meanwhile he never breathed a word that he doesn't know what to do before then, or that he was no expert, and was attempting to bill me for 2 professional carpenters so he would use my job to learn, while I paid him as if he was a fit and proper professional.

If you don't interrogate your vendors, and just deal because the quote appears reasonable, then this can happen.

Even if you do not wish to do something, knowing how it is supposed to be done, can help with the interrogation process, and to choosing the best from the lot to work for you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 11:17am On Nov 26, 2022
DMTtechnologies:

* What are the sizes of the "pillars" (LxBXW)
* What's your Mix ratio

The entire pillars is 16 Nos
My mixing ratio is 1:1.5:3 u can as well recommend the best mixing ratio for me also. Length 50feets: breath 25feets: width 9inch size of a 9inches blocks which was used for the entire wall.

Also is it ok to use 16mm for the columns and 12mm for the upper beams for a storey building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2022
Good day engineers in the house, pls which of these is the best TMT IRON ROD currently in used today and tested ok.
PSL, TIGER, HITECH, LCI including their prices.
I want to know the best among them before the purchase.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2022
Good day brethren.

Thanks to Diordaves, Topsy23, and Twinskenny for your advice when I complained about lightbulbs which didn't go off.

We got an electrician to review the earthing and it was found to be a very poor job.

The rod was beginning to rust! Weren't the rods meant to be made of copper?

He added another rod, charcoal and cowdung and closed things up.

Then we turned the lights on and off. The two bulbs stayed on. By swapping them with other bulbs, he was able to show us that the two bulbs were to blame.

It was a relief.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
lorhema:
Good day brethren.

Thanks to Diordaves, Topsy23, and Twinskenny for your advice when I complained about lightbulbs which didn't go off.

We got an electrician to review the earthing and it was found to be a very poor job.

Then we turned the lights on and off. The two bulbs stayed on. By stopping them with other bulbs, he was able to show us that the two bulbs were to blame.

It was a relief.

That's corper coated rod.. not pure corper
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:47pm On Nov 26, 2022
lorhema:
Good day brethren.

Then we turned the lights on and off. The two bulbs stayed on. By stopping them with other bulbs, he was able to show us that the two bulbs were to blame.

It was a relief.

Thank God the problem has been resolved.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 12:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Good afternoon House, I had a terrible experience with my tiler. Contracted him to clean the floor tiles as he says there’s a chemical they use that will give a fine finish.

After job done I noticed the railings were affected and looks rusted due to the effect if the chemical. cry

Please how can I correct this to the bearest minimum ?

I wish I just went with soap and water cry

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WhiteTopaz: 1:51pm On Nov 26, 2022
WhiteTopaz:
I’ve gained so much since I started following this thread. Big thanks to everyone.

Is there anyway to get the exact coordinates from a survey plan which can be searched on google maps?
Please I need help with this question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 2:28pm On Nov 26, 2022
architectural and structural drawings. Call me via number on my signature.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:00pm On Nov 26, 2022
Good day....
Please is there anyone who has done conduit piping for AC points/units I'll like to know what you charge?
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
DFAMEGUY11S the deal of building materials
Such as
Spanish tiles
Italian tile
China
Indian
Nigeria tile
We do delivery before payment as well
Within Lagos state only
Contact or WhatsApp with No 07087953771 or call 09085212244
Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Location: office block 10 shop 16 first floor Agric market orile Coker odunade bus stop badagry express way Lagos
Warehouse location no 2 unit close opere Road opposite wema bank, badagry express way Lagos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:09pm On Nov 26, 2022
bixton:
Good day....
Please is there anyone who has done conduit piping for AC points/units I'll like to know what you charge?
Thanks.

Is it the power or the refrigerant pipes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3220) (3221) (3222) (3223) (3224) (3225) (3226) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: arcike(m), VanuatuWycombe and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.