Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386463 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3241) (3242) (3243) (3244) (3245) (3246) (3247) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2022
Sometimes REST!

Did you work on the project as a sub-contractor under him?

If yes, then you’ and others have been covered under the sub-contractor and suppliers he mentioned at the end.

If no, like I suspect, then don’t you think it’s the person that gave you the job (probably the client in this case) that you should be demanding recognition from, if at all?

Besides, what kind of vendor calls out someone for not singing their praises for a job they’re paid to do? SMH ��‍♂️

Sometimes, just resist the urge.

bolu1986:

Well done

But there is nothing wrong in also mentioning those who help make your building come out pretty well…

The electrician (Twinskenny)

The pop guy (bolu1986)

The paint supplier and painter (Gbadexy)

At least try and give a little credit to them as well…

My opinion though…

Well done

16 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by unzend: 10:40pm On Dec 13, 2022
sonnie10:

Are you thinking about buying the roofing sheets and then accessories, after which you would get someone to fix them ? That process might cost you more , except you know exactly what you are doing. Buying the sheets, valleys, troughs, caps, nails, gum etc would require some knowledge.
It’s best to contract roofing to a reliable person, let them deal with it.
But to your question, Agric at Ojo barracks or Orile Coker is your best bet.

Do you have thier contact.

I have the quote already and people to fix it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 3:56am On Dec 14, 2022
Bros, oro yin ti sun awon eyan. People just dey read and waka pass.

The first thing I noticed is that you have decided to adopt N3xt’s playbook by disclosing your customer’s name when his moniker would do the same job. That is pure mischief and shows the level of your professionalism. That alone is a turn off for potential customers. When you now add this join-join, caterpillar explanation, you no try at all! Oro o dun l’enu yin, Sir! Your version does NOT sound at all credible!

You even reported his wife to him, orisirisi! After feeding and housing your boy + you getting paid! Oga, e try at all! This your behaviour is very shameful! Do you think it’s all about the naira? How about time value of money, especially in a high inflation economy like Nigeria’s? Abi you think his #80k today is same as #80k of months ago?

Diordaves talked about budgeting skills, that is basic 101 when you are running a business, otherwise you will become a scammer. If budgeting is too hard, borrow a leaf from Money121, owo customer ko gbo do pe l’owo Contractor. Mobilize clients’ funds quickly before you become tempted to marry another wife or buy hair for side chic or buy iPhone 14 for in laws or do Dorime with money that is not yours. That basic strategy will save you a lot of pain. The money for materials, labor, logistics - set it aside from the beginning like who dey pay tithes so that you don’t touch it and spend it without delay for the intended purpose. Learn to separate customers’ money from your profit. Only take jobs you can deliver on, oruko rere san ju wura lo. A good reputation will open doors for you but dis kain kurukere does nothing to help your business. Na here you go dey and newcomer Contractors go dey collect contracts that you should be getting by easy referrals.

If you can’t run a business, let me remind you that not all of us are cut out to be business owners. It’s okay to be an employee if you don’t have what it takes to own a business. Know your strengths and weaknesses so that you know which suits you best . I know I have bad mouth and I’m impatient with bullshit so I wouldn’t do great as a business owner, that is why I jeje work for somebody and collect salary. I sleep well at night, better than the CEO because I don’t have to worry about dealing with customers and customer sentiments. In your case, if you have trouble handling other people’s money and delivering on contracts, then go and work for a contractor and be collecting salary instead of parading as a professional.

Well, we all know how N3xt’s playbook ends. Abo oro la n so fun omoluabi, a word is enough for the wise.

Adedward:
gud morning house, this is adedward i am not here to defend my self but just to clear some point, about Mr xxxxxx complained,
First I will like to thanks God for his faithfulness and thanks all the ogas and daddy's here for ur words,one way and the others, as I said earlier I am not here to defend my self or claim Holy here,
If am silent or mute does dat mean I am deaf, am just giving u mr xxxxxx enough respect as a client,
All what I want to say now,if its not u dat say it or ask me to do dat u should come out here and claim it sir,

He told me he want to do his finishing, I was giving him a little experience i have on it, I told him I have cubicle dat I want to sell,dat I need money I showed him the picture ,I sold it 100k for him,since I need money den, he ask me to come to site next day, I visited the site he show me dat he want to facial ceiling and roof guilder because I was the one did the roof for him 3 years back,I said no problem, with bathroom doors 5 pics,
Cubicle 100k
Facial and connector =440k
5 toilet door with keys =#200k
And he has the nets of those windows with me already, I told him dat its not gud to install the toilet doors frames only without the panel,I told him twice he said dat is what he want dat he can not wait because tiles want to start I told him if u have all the money it will not take time at all, he said dat is what he want, he sent 200k cubicle money and frames for the toilet doors, after three days I make the frames,and installed, we cannot bring the cubicle den because they are still working on tiles den,
After dat he sent money for facial and water connector, 400k which was delivered after 3 days payment, and team arrived for the work next day and started on facial first, when they finish facial,they start the water connector immediately, and mr boye place called me dat they should not do water connector now,dat the arrangements for flooring is going on, I have the evidence here, I ask him when are they started he said until he heard from his engineer help me to ask him house, ist not the one dat ask us to stop it, and how many months they used for the floor, if he told me dat before calling them for starting, I would have divided the workmanship into 2, along the line after some weeks he told me to start working on doors panel, he sent me #80k and bring the glass along, after one week due to transportation from my area the cubicle broke I pics out of it, I called him dat should I do another one pic for him, he said he can't wait dat I should find him his money for cubicle, I said no problem, I brought the five pics of toilets doors, I installed its three of the work perfect and two doesn't due to what I told him before,
Dats is the stage we are before he came here first time he came, and as woman being I try to do my possible best to pls him, I went to his house to start the work back so dat we can be as normal, I brought my boy for the nets and corrections of doors, I find my way to see new person for the water connector since does dat supposed do it den have left and payed, it took me some days before get fund to get other team to do so, and my boy is there to do the nets,I haven't one day called him or her wife to help me give him food, he has enough money to eat if he want, I finally got some one last three weeks to finish the water connector,and we are be able to completed almost 2 side of the building it remains bq and 2 side, and his wife instructed us to leaf the house and we can't be able to sleep there, and those boy want to sleep in the bq, she pushed two of them out dat dey, with her words and permitted me my boy to sleep till morning, dats when is not easy to get another for dat remains work, I told mr xxxx the next day the act of her wife dat night, I said I will be going home if u are around i will come, after one week he cames around he called me,to come and start the work on dat day which is not possible for me but when he got to house dat night he was saw many complained about what we did, I told him dat i will be coming to meet him after church on Sunday, mowe to Atan its not easy but just to please him, I went there I shows me all the errors, I explained everything to him, but assured him to correct what it need to correct, and begged him to give me a week to dat time to round up, but unfortunately come back from his house dat Sunday I had crashe with okada dat took me because of traffic, and I told him about dat, I couldn't meet up dat week anymore, which I told him, dat my want to follow those new team for water connector to fix it for u, u said ist my boy u everything dat need to do for, I said OK no problem if am OK I will come and do ur work, dats is when he started painted him self not me,

To be cleared to u, Mr xxxxx, I don't owing u #720, I have supplied all what u pay for,
Its only glass of 100k which is 80k now, and gets someone to install ur connector and pay them,
I have all the evidence dat we came to install ur water connector u said we should not do dat, do u think its possible to collect money from does guys back never,I have already laid my report with ur wife voice when he was pushed them away,

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:04am On Dec 14, 2022
folmus:

HaHahaha!! You've been lenient on him.
I have been searching for your comments on him cheesy cheesy.

Shebi Oyinbo say benefit of doubt, 2 sides to a story
Now we have heard the cut and join explanation lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 5:25am On Dec 14, 2022
Hello guys.

Who's the best wooden security door maker here?

Please point me to be right person here or from outside.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 6:16am On Dec 14, 2022
megacontrol:
Hello guys.

Who's the best wooden security door maker here?

Please point me to be right person here or from outside.

Thanks

Interested...never knew that wood and security could be used in the same line
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 7:56am On Dec 14, 2022
Thanks for stopping by, without wasting your precious time.
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:

We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 8:03am On Dec 14, 2022
We are still available

Pop & wall screeding

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 8:08am On Dec 14, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good afternoon sir
Sliding window with permanent net right?
.Tower material right?
Which one of that:- plus 100k he had
Thanks

The 600 x 600 is a projecting window with net
1150 x 900 is sliding window with sliding net

700 x 2100 is a standard bathroom door with key

The 100k is for permanent net.. which I'm not considering anymore for now, I will source for cheaper alternative

They guy mentioned imported materials not tower.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 8:13am On Dec 14, 2022
Olumighty123:
Still your CCTV, Intercom and electric fence technician cool

Please how much is energizer for security fence that Nemtek one.

The one on sight got stolen... Is there anything people won't steal?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:56am On Dec 14, 2022
PrimeQuay:

Please how much is energizer for security fence that Nemtek one.

The one on sight got stolen... Is there anything people won't steal?

Between 100,110,120 depends on your location sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:56am On Dec 14, 2022
bolu1986:
We are still available

Pop & wall screeding
This your job is very neat. Is it pop or board?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:00am On Dec 14, 2022
sonnie10:

This your job is very neat. Is it pop or board?

Thank you sir… it’s pop
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2022
Olumighty123:

Between 100,110,120 depends on your location sir

Site is around Lekki but Im on the mainland personally.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:21am On Dec 14, 2022
PrimeQuay:

No cctv cameras ,!?

Energizer is between 120 to 140k depending on product

Jva Z11 from South Africa is 120k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 9:23am On Dec 14, 2022
PrimeQuay:

Oops, been a month since I last used nemtek, just called my supplier and it's sold for 130 as at yesterday.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2022
So I have worked with a lot of masons, but this last one I hired was sent from heaven. The finishing is so superb you can decide not to screed the walls before painting.

Will promote him soon, but I want him to finish my work first.

LOL

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:37am On Dec 14, 2022
PrimeQuay:

The 600 x 600 is a projecting window with net
1150 x 900 is sliding window with sliding net

700 x 2100 is a standard bathroom door with key

The 100k is for permanent net.. which I'm not considering anymore for now, I will source for cheaper alternative

They guy mentioned imported materials not tower.
Price for each window
.600 x 600 -13k. Projected window with net
.1150 x 900-23k. Sliding window with sliding net.
700 x 2100-40k. Door toilet with key
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by unzend: 9:48am On Dec 14, 2022
SurveyorGeo:

@Money121
@Imran Roofing

I already got a quote

Kindly help review

Is the quotation OK, getting significantly higher than what I originally got

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:54am On Dec 14, 2022
unzend:

I already got a quote

Kindly help review
Let chat on whatsapp

Of the roman is plain black i will give u for 4000
If is double colour i will give u for 4100
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 10:47am On Dec 14, 2022
bolu1986:

Well done

But there is nothing wrong in also mentioning those who help make your building come out pretty well…

The electrician (Twinskenny)

The pop guy (bolu1986)

The paint supplier and painter (Gbadexy)

At least try and give a little credit to them as well…

My opinion though…

Well done

Na only God sabi wetin Rotech do you, Bro probably snatched your babe way back grin

You were the only artisan that attacked him when he had an issue with the Flat roof project, you condemned him, condemned his work. Same you is here today trying to bring up another topic from his appreciation post. Unless you worked under him (he gave you the project) he has no obligation to add you to the shoutout post, you also did your own shoutout without adding rotech to it, Gbadexy made his own also without adding Rotech as the engineer. Make everybody dey calm down.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Atsoba: 10:51am On Dec 14, 2022
Alas, drywall constructions are very fragile. Although, I would like to have some exclusive house designs. What if the drywall needs repair?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2022
BrickDevo:

Somwhere be 350k to 500k, depending on the location

Bro.. You'll spend about 1 million for this kitchen.. including the lights, tiles etc..

The Gloss Grey boards cost over 35,000 for just one board.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:03pm On Dec 14, 2022
Stay tuned update
Kitchen cabinets ongoing
Combination of Hdf board &
High gloss board for doors @ Biztech consult.

Cost 450k

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 1:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Biztech05:
Stay tuned update
Kitchen cabinets ongoing
Combination of Hdf board &
High gloss board for doors @ Biztech consult.

Cost 450k

Keep us updated, let's see the finished work wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2022
KolaShangOne:

Bro.. You'll spend more about 1 million for this kitchen.. including the lights, tiles etc..

The Gloss Grey boards for the sown cabinets are not available yet in Naija.. the white ones cost over 35,000 for just one board.
Bro my estimate is just for the kitchen cabinets and accessories
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2022
MMotimo:

Shebi Oyinbo say benefit of doubt, 2 sides to a story
Now we have heard the cut and join explanation lipsrsealed
His cut and join explanations don’t make any sense, many of them will be using Sir, before they get the contract as soon they get it part payment made that Sir, immediately becomes mr with small letter. They always forget the guy that gives you job that makes you think you’re rich because he gives you 10 million contracts, can also referred you to his circle that can give you 100 million if you do as expected. Ero ooo, they try to break the glass cup to closed that opportunity just as Mr Okenwa said it’s shameful to read stories like these on this platform. Please don’t get me wrong, there are a lot of good contractors doing great jobs without any drama here.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2022
We are in season of kitchen finishings now …”.kitchen everywhere you go “
See the one we are working on presently
Grey color: HDF Glossy /Mat .

Total package; 35,000 Chinese yuan
Everything inclusive BUT without FOOD
Final pics will be uploaded on our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/3092553/construction-6bd-contemporary-duplex-2bd

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Atsoba: 2:36pm On Dec 14, 2022
You shouldn't have any problems with drywall constructions because they have been around for quite some time. And yes, like all materials, they wear out and need to be repaired over time. Then you can just go to handymen in San Mateo, CA They will always find a quick solution to a drywall problem, however, as well as any other problem that needs to be fixed in your home.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2022
Second floor slab casting....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2022
Ground floor stair

The right thickness for the stair waist

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Debbygreat: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2022
sonnie10:

Hmm. Is he not the same person that had accident at Mr Okenwa”s site and delayed the job until he was compensated?
One too many accidents!
well I don't know dats sir,it's just what I know I listed below

(1) (2) (3) ... (3241) (3242) (3243) (3244) (3245) (3246) (3247) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: uwemjack(m), CornOak(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.