Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401780 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 11:33pm On Dec 16, 2022
Akerewe:

No b small project oo, but the amount Is huge! 600*450 =2,700,000. How many tons of iron? Nd what is the length of the structure?
16 tons...29mx20m( with open space though
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:48pm On Dec 16, 2022
Abbeyb1ack:
Pls anybody with idea of cost price of a 6 by 6 frame with 2 side drawer...made with quality materials

Budget ₦200k - ₦250K, Sir.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:48am On Dec 17, 2022
Engr.Ayyub win Nigeria Most Respected CEOs Awards
(Manufacturing-Roofing category)
Dedicated this award to all my Loyal Clients on Nairaland those that Trust me with their Hard earned money!!

Please celebrate me, you make it Happend

HAJJI MUFUTAU thanks for your word of advice daily

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 1:41am On Dec 17, 2022
redgem:

What is wrong with the picture please? Is he the owner of the house? What if the owner isn't ready for screeding... Smh

What do you know, you read the post so? You see where he said "we are done" with screeding and pop? Happy weekend madam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 1:42am On Dec 17, 2022
bolu1986:

We know them no need replying …..

Who reply help? Your finished screeding and pop, come feel proud post pictures wey resemble job wey dem just wan start, check am now! Package! Arrange beta camera, prepare the scene of the shot, get beta angle etc
No take am p o, just carry on
Happy weekend

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:39am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:
Dedicated this award to all my Loyal Clients on Nairaland those that Trust me with their Hard earned money!!

Congratulations ogami.. more win sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:40am On Dec 17, 2022

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:09am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

Congratulations sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:14am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

Congratulations Chief. More wins.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2022
hslbroker2:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

About 5 trips of Sharp Sand.

Regards.

For more info call 09132123240 or email life lightproperties@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:39am On Dec 17, 2022
twinskenny:

Thanks oga mi sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2022
MrOkenwa:

Congratulations Chief. More wins.
Thanks so much sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2022
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Congratulations sir
Thanks brother mi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:49am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

Congrats Engr.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:32am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

More wins oga of roofers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:33am On Dec 17, 2022
twinskenny:

sad TwinsKenny.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2022
somehow:

More wins oga of roofers
Amin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2022
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2022
folmus:

If your house is inside a regulated estate, you will be compelled to do low fence/gate or see through.

Yes you are absolutely right.....there one is left with no choice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2022
michlins:
then you need something like this. Currently working on it though (painting)

Design is fine though it's not my style...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:15am On Dec 17, 2022
segcymoor:

16 tons...29mx20m( with open space though

Wow! 29meters ke? Approximately 1 plot of land b that oo. Not I understand. Well-done engineer!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

Thanks so much sir

Congrats brother, more of such to all genuine guys

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:51am On Dec 17, 2022
rotecch77:

Congrats brother, more of such to all genuine guys

Amen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Davidebun016: 11:30am On Dec 17, 2022
Good morning everyone, happy weekend to us all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Successbay: 11:34am On Dec 17, 2022
Congratulations @money121. Keep up the good work and more wins �!

money121:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2022
Successbay:
Congratulations @money121. Keep up the good work and more wins �!

Amin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
money121:

Congratulations Sir.... More wins ahead

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:25pm On Dec 17, 2022
redgem:

Congratulations Sir.... More wins ahead
Amin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2022
Coleman cables reduced their price based on customer complaint and low patronage.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 17, 2022
twinskenny:
We are setting up a couple of things in this house shortly….

Lighiting
Solar
Whole house audio system with Russound (not cheap)
Fire alarm system
Intercom
Electric security fence.

Location Awka Anambra state

Russounds are very nice. I imported lots of their stuff for a client recently.
When God provides money, na Klipsch or Sonos I wan buy.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mamcoker: 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
Need a structural engineer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2022
Congratulations sir
money121:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3246) (3247) (3248) (3249) (3250) (3251) (3252) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Deeegbee and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.