Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387988 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 4:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
money121:

Aliamudulilahi
Materials and workers arrived at site Offloading in progress!!
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Ikorodu Lagos State

Roof Design :Longspan (Normal Design)
Colour:Grey Biegi
Guage: 0.55mm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oScyZA8x2LQ

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gigaset:
You have good taste my friend, been thinking of doing this in my build too with slatpanel

Thank you. In nearly every state house and/or legislative house around the world they use wood to make a statement.

You too have good taste.

Right now the Force Headquarters reception area/entrance is being is being renovated and given a taste of class with wood.

The beauty of wood is timeless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
topsy23:

Grundfos and LOWARA pump are the most expensive pump and they are the best also. Durable and very strong. LOWARA cheapest pump is about 680k and their pump normally determine by flow rate and distance where it pumping to.

I didn't budget such sums brother.

But I have taken note against the future.

I went with InterDAB for now.

You know your onions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
FEGEITOK:

I didn't budget such sums brother.

But I have taken note against the future.

I went with InterDAB for now.

You know your onions.

Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
gbadexy:

Good afternoon my chairman.
A drum of the floor paint is N30000. I usually say 2 years with vehicle traffic but I've been opportuned to return to a house we supplied and painted over 4 years ago and it's still very ok.
Although we used water based sealant as an extra layer of protection and to give sheen to the finish.
With the sealant, the client wash it periodically.
I recommend using mop stick and mild soap to clean the floor as brush may gradually abrade the surface.
The sealant is N40000 and a drum of it is needed for every 2 to 3 drums of floor paint and it's optional but I believe it improves durability and cleanability.
Your patronage and referral is greatly appreciated sir.

Noted. We will get back to you in due course.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
diordaves:

Noted. We will get back to you in due course.
Alright sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
You people will just be confusing someone embarassed undecided

Firstly I read here that it isn't advisable to use white cement screeding for exteriors and one should use ash cement instead... Now someone is saying Ash cement cracks and white cement should be used instead..

Now the question is, which is the best for exterior?

I don't even plan on screeding the exterior cos of the kind of paint I want to use but I'm sure someone here who intends to screed will need the best advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
Well I just want to wish my people happy new year and prosperous new year . Vote Peter Obi for chairmen traders union anambra chapter not president of Nigeria .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nadingo: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2022
redgem:

Firstly I read here that it isn't advisable to use white cement screeding for exteriors and one should use ash cement instead... Now someone is saying Ash cement cracks and white cement should be used instead..

I don't even plan on screeding the exterior cos of the kind of paint I want to use but I'm sure someone here who intends to screed will need the best advice.
I also have been wondering. Cos here we were told to only use POP cement for screeding the interior because it can not withstand the weather elements outside, but we are all of a sudden now told to do otherwise again. We need clarification from the gurus.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
Nadingo:
I also have been wondering. Cos here we were told to only use POP cement for screeding the interior because it can not withstand the weather elements outside, but we are all of a sudden now told to do otherwise again. We need clarification from the gurus.

Plaster Of Paris (POP)

It can be applied on interior/ceiling surface.

It can't be applied on external surface as it gets dissolved in water.

(Copied)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
White portland cement is different from white gypsum cement.
Gypsum cement used for pop casting/screeding doesn't dissolve in water.
It hardens by soaking up water like garri would. When the water is little, the particle hardens and tightens up together to solidify, adding excess water would make the molecules take the maximum amount of water and they float in the excess water and loose their cohesive force with each other and disintegrate just like when you soak garri with excess water. They don't bunch up tightly together again but exist in suspension in the water.
If you must use grey portland cement, make sure there is adequate topbond/vinko and any other P.V.A type binder so that it doesn't crack later. The cement on its own doesn't form the reaction it does with sand ( silification) with the calcium carbonate in pop emulsion paint used for screeding. It doesn't even react at all with the calcium carbonate and it's the extra binder added that is bonding them together when used to screed.
You may use ready mixed screeding putty that is basically the calcium carbonate and binder or use the pop emulsion paint with portland cement and sufficient binder.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
redgem:

My engineer said it should be a mixture of normal cement, little quantity of pop, and bond gum for exterior. But I don’t even trust him, he likes to hype everything to make it more expensive. He thinks my mumu button to impress me is to make things look or sound expensive.
At the end of the day, I always get the right information and tell him exactly what and how I want it done.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
gbadexy:
White portland cement is different from white gypsum cement.
Gypsum cement used for pop casting/screeding doesn't dissolve in water.
It hardens by soaking up water like garri would. When the water is little, the particle hardens and tightens up together to solidify, adding excess water would make the molecules take the maximum amount of water and they float in the excess water and loose their cohesive force with each other and disintegrate just like when you soak garri with excess water. They don't bunch up tightly together again but exist in suspension in the water.
If you must use grey portland cement, make sure there is adequate topbond/vinko and any other P.V.A type binder so that it doesn't crack later. The cement on its own doesn't form the reaction it does with sand ( silification) with the calcium carbonate in pop emulsion paint used for screeding. It doesn't even react at all with the calcium carbonate and it's the extra binder added that is bonding them together when used to screed.
You may use ready mixed screeding putty that is basically the calcium carbonate and binder or use the pop emulsion paint with portland cement and sufficient binder.
I didn’t see this. My engineer might be right on this one then.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

My engineer said it should be a mixture of normal cement, little quantity of pop, and bond gum for exterior. But I don’t even trust him, he likes to hype everything to make it more expensive. He thinks my mumu button to impress me is to make things look or sound expensive.
At the end of the day, I always get the right information and tell him exactly what and how I want it done.

I used normal cement and a lot of Top Bond.

If I wasn't in a hurry I would have gotten ready made screeding putty, just use as it, no need to mix anything.

When I asked around there was no pail of it in Abuja and I wasn't willing to wait
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
rotecch77:

You sabi Olohun
Only few people know these pump, especially Lowara, Ebara( same importer .. itshekiri guys one of there office is close to my coker Orile office same mkt ) , grundfos, pump, Capri pump, caprari pump, all there pump comes in many designs like
Vertical pump, dynamic pump centrifugal pump, etc

Not like indomie generation chinko pump
Those days we used buy Grounfos pumps at Ikeja. They have a big distributor there, near the Barracks on that back road coming from Oshodi to Maryland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:52pm On Dec 30, 2022
AZUH:
Well I just want to wish my people happy new year and prosperous new year . Vote Peter Obi for chairmen traders union anambra chapter not president of Nigeria .

Boss who is your candidate ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sethtsadopp: 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
gbadexy:

Good afternoon my chairman.
A drum of the floor paint is N30000. I usually say 2 years with vehicle traffic but I've been opportuned to return to a house we supplied and painted over 4 years ago and it's still very ok.
Although we used water based sealant as an extra layer of protection and to give sheen to the finish.
With the sealant, the client wash it periodically.
I recommend using mop stick and mild soap to clean the floor as brush may gradually abrade the surface.
The sealant is N40000 and a drum of it is needed for every 2 to 3 drums of floor paint and it's optional but I believe it improves durability and cleanability.
Your patronage and referral is greatly appreciated sir.

Chief, is your Satin better than MP Satin? Do you know for a fact? My wife wants us to use MP here in Abuja but I was telling her I know someone on NL who produces. MP is fairly popular here in Abj so she believes it should be better. Need to give her feedback so we can decide
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

Those days we used buy Grounfos pumps at Ikeja. They have a big distributor there, near the Barracks on that back road coming from Oshodi to Maryland.

Yes that road that Link to Ismail estate (ikeja cantonment Barack ) area
They have office at gra also @isaac John street.
There is groundfos motor / groundfos head Also there Franklin motor coupled with groundfos head, all stainless impellers , not like fiber impeller we see today .. oh my God
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:55pm On Dec 30, 2022
smiley hi
rotecch77:

Yes that road that Link to Ismail estate (ikeja cantonment Barack ) area
They have office at gra also @isaac John street.
Correct, e don tey jere
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:
smiley hi
Correct, e don tey jere
God …naa waa oo
Good sir , respect
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
topsy23:

Boss who is your candidate ?
Messi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
rotecch77:

God .. naa waa o
I know where you can virtually anything in Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

oga mụ,when we go start your project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
michlins:
oga mụ,when we go start your project
I was thinking about asking something this morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

I know where you can virtually anything in Lagos.
Infact I can see that sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
sonnie10:

I was thinking about asking something this morning
I'm all ears. Call or text
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Chief, is your Satin better than MP Satin? Do you know for a fact? My wife wants us to use MP here in Abuja but I was telling her I know someone on NL who produces. MP is fairly popular here in Abj so she believes it should be better. Need to give her feedback so we can decide
Thanks for the offer sir.
You won't regret getting my paint. I don't know about MP standard but my satin can pass for any big brand on application.
An old client from here called me 2 weeks ago to supply paints for a flat that a tenant moved of and was telling me the paint on the building still looked very good.
https://www.nairaland.com/2818326/painting-ajangbadi-block-flats

That's seven years and counting when some that bought times 2 or 3 of the price are complaining of some issue or the other.
I've since gained more in experience and know the best suitable materials for different painting needs.
I believe you will get value for money getting my paints.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Access14(m): 10:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thank you Sir for your input.
I do appreciate it and will update my Architect accordingly

More Blessings to your household and Happy New year

Regards

Iriruaga100:

I prefer the first plan. The ground floor and first floor is pretty much okay. There should be an exit door from the madam room to the balcony. Take the bath close to the masters bath.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
AZUH:
Messi

Correct!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:51am On Dec 31, 2022
365 365
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:57am On Dec 31, 2022
AZUH:
AZUH na yearly you the show up, which one ☝️ bi this Peter Obi in property section? Anyway happy new year in advance. cheesy grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:19am On Dec 31, 2022
kopell:
AZUH na yearly you the show up, which one ☝️ bi this Peter Obi in property section? Anyway happy new year in advance. cheesy grin grin
Peter obi is our man does his name affect your thinking ? He will not rule this country . He should face trade

(1) (2) (3) ... (3268) (3269) (3270) (3271) (3272) (3273) (3274) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.