Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats (3892 Views)

The Painting Pictures Of Hajji Mufutau's Kobo-kobo Project / 2 Bedroom Flat And A Room Self-contain At Jakande, Ajangbadi, Lagos For Rent / Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 12:16am On Dec 23, 2015
I had the opportunity to supply my brother premium quality paints for his building.
Here are some pictures of the painting.

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 12:44am On Dec 23, 2015
Continuation

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 12:58am On Dec 23, 2015
?

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by johnson232: 6:36am On Dec 23, 2015
gbadexy:
I had the opportunity to supply my brother premium quality paints for his building.
Here are some pictures of the painting.
nice colour combination.
this is emulsion paint i suppose?
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2015
johnson232:

nice colour combination.
this is emulsion paint i suppose?
Yes sir
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2015
The exterior was painted with high quality matte.

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 10:11am On Dec 23, 2015
More

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by mufutau55(m): 4:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
Very good.

Hajji M.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by mavverick: 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hello Oga

I have a question, why does the wall look like that ?
Its like its not smooth.
Also, what do you guys call the kind of wall whereby it has a rough like finish with the walls.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
mufutau55:
Very good.

Hajji M.
Thank you very much sir.
It was painted by the able Mr shedrack.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
mavverick:
Hello Oga

I have a question, why does the wall look like that ?
Its like its not smooth.
Also, what do you guys call the kind of wall whereby it has a rough like finish with the walls.
The wall wasn't screeded. It wasn't necessary because matte has low sheen. Besides it would last longer on bare wall.
You noticed the little rough surface because of the angle it was taken at a closeup.
It looks very level and good when viewed in person.
The paint with rough finish could be textured emulsion ( textcoat) or textured matte with smaller stones
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by mufutau55(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
gbadexy:

Thank you very much sir.
It was painted by the able Mr shedrack.

Wow! Nice to know. Good quality paints combine with good painter equal excellent finishing.

Hajji M.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by johnson232: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
gbadexy:
The exterior was painted with high quality matte.
this is nice...
is this matte also part of emulsion or texcoat? or on his own.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
johnson232:

this is nice...
is this matte also part of emulsion or texcoat? or on his own.
Technically, any water based paint is emulsion .
The matte is a super grade emulsion only slightly lower in quality and sheen from silk emulsion.
Matte sometimes called eggshell is a type of paint on its own and is best suited for exterior painting to protect the building against weathering.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by johnson232: 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
gbadexy:

Technically, any water based paint is emulsion .
The matte is a super grade emulsion only slightly lower in quality and sheen from silk emulsion.
Matte sometimes called eggshell is a type of paint on its own and is best suited for exterior painting to protect the building against weathering.
nice explanation.
it protects the building against weathering elements like?
is this better than texcoat?
can one make it to look like texcoat?
does it need screeding?
can u work in ogba?
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
johnson232:

nice explanation.
it protects the building against weathering elements like?
is this better than texcoat?
can one make it to look like texcoat?
does it need screeding?
can u work in ogba?
Rain and ultraviolet rays of the sun. Even concretes degrade gradually over time.
It's better than textcoat and it can be textured also.
Screeding is optional but not necessary because it has low sheen.
My factory is actually located at ogba, so I can definitely work there.
In fact I can supply anywhere besides the northeast.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by PeoplesArmy: 10:10am On Dec 25, 2015
@Gbadexy...do you also produce gravitex paints? What's the best use (exterior or interior) and any cost advantage over other types?

Also what is the difference between plain emulsion and acrylic emulsion?

Merry Christmas...
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 10:41am On Dec 25, 2015
PeoplesArmy:
@Gbadexy...do you also produce gravitex paints? What's the best use (exterior or interior) and any cost advantage over other types?

Also what is the difference between plain emulsion and acrylic emulsion?

Merry Christmas...
Yes sir, I produce Graffitex paint.
Graffitex is best for exterior. It's costly than most other coating. It's actually a plaster and not really a paint.
It has very thick application coat. Coverage is about 8 sqm per drum.
Cost is N7000 a drum.
The benefit is that is very hard, tough and durable. It could last the building life if I'm not exageratting. Just see it as plastering a building with a decorative finish.
Acrylic is a type of emulsion. The type of binder used determines the type of emulsion.
It could be acrylic or vinyl . Acrylic bssed is the best type though.
Compliments of the season.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by PeoplesArmy: 11:59am On Dec 25, 2015
gbadexy:

Graffitex is best for exterior. It's costly than most other coating. It's actually a plaster and not really a paint.
Cost is N7000 a drum.
The benefit is that is very hard, tough and durable. It could last the building life if I'm not exageratting. Just see it as plastering a building with a decorative finish.
Acrylic is a type of emulsion. The type of binder used determines the type of emulsion.

....and this cost is for 20 litre bucket?

1 Like

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
PeoplesArmy:

....and this cost is for 20 litre bucket?
Yes sir.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Some more pictures

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by danowena: 6:26am On Mar 05, 2016
gbadexy:

Cost is N7000 a drum.

Do you have pix of your Graffitex that were applied on walls? If possible show us different samples. I want to believe you can work in the lekki environs.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 05, 2016
danowena:

Do you have pix of your Graffitex that were applied on walls? If possible show us different samples. I want to believe you can work in the lekki environs.
Yes sir, I can work at lekki.
I will post some sample pictures.

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2016
danowena:

I posted Graffitex pictures l
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2016
gbadexy:

Cost is N7000 a drum.

Bros do u mean that one doesn't need to plaster before using graffitex or that's just metaphorical?
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 4:34pm On Mar 05, 2016
euromilion:

Bros do u mean that one doesn't need to plaster before using graffitex or that's just metaphorical?
The wall has to be plastered.
Coatings from certain thickness are considered as plasters.
I doubt Graffitex would bond well with unplastered wall.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by brabus(m): 5:03pm On Mar 05, 2016
gbadexy:

Cost is N7000 a drum.

You're not exaggerating. It will last the life time of a building when it's well applied and not overly used. More importantly, the applicator did not manage the paint too much. You also forgot to mention that it's damp and waterproof.

I endorse grafitex for exteriors.

1 Like

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by mufutau55(m): 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
@Gbadexy
Please remind me of Grafitexx paint when I am ready.
You know nobody supply my paint but you because of your quality paints. Thanks.

Note: Can Mr. Shadrack apply it? Whatsapp coming.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 10:46pm On Mar 05, 2016
Will do sir.
Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 7:35pm On Mar 11, 2016
danowena:

More Graffitex pictures.

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2016
More

Re: The Painting Of An Ajangbadi Block Of Flats by gbadexy(m): 8:24pm On Mar 13, 2016
More loading...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Berry Court Estate, Opic Isheri 2 minutes from AlAUSA 3 years installment plan / New Luxury Homes And Houses In Lagos For Sale!!! New Listings Drops Daily (Pics) / Cost Of Foundation For Five Bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.