Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401448 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) (3277) (3278) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 9:58pm On Jan 01, 2023
rotecch77:
Shower anatomy diagram and how we build it

Shower real German product
Tiles Niger made
Water closet England
Basin/mirror ( Nigeria set up by rotech) European standard

All cost only $1000

This setup looks neatly done

Kudos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 10:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
MrOkenwa:
Happy new year everyone. I wish you and your family a healthy and prosperous 2023.
Happy New Year sir!
Thanks for Trusting me, giving my Team and I the opportunity to work for you last Year sir. Thanks for your supports, your words of advice and encouragement sir, it means a lot to me.My Team and I appreciate It all.May God Almighty keep blessing You and your family! You shall reap the fruits of your labor by God’s grace. Amen! Humbly Looking forward to work more with You sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdreluv: 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2023
Block 850 hmmmm block is 350
Pojomojo:
Happy new year to you all

Please help me scrutinize this quote as I think the bricklayer wants to reap me off

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Charisdesigns:

This setup looks neatly done

Kudos
Thanks brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:00am On Jan 02, 2023
somehow:
Unsolicited advice for the year.

Please, by all means, avoid anything that can make you become a regular in any Nigerian court.

If possible, find all means to settle out of court.

The drainage of energy, emotions, time, effort and resources as the complainant is not what I wish for you this year.

One court case is bad enough, not to talk of pursuing multiple cases at once, you will most likely keep feeding the officials of the law. (lawyers etc)

So once your instinct pick a hole in any major decision you are about to take, please take a long break from such decision till you have triple checked. (Could be business, investment or project)

May God order our steps and may we not work for others to spend this year.

I rest my case.
Bros, this is exactly the situation I was trying to mitigate in that N3xt issue, but some people turned it against me.
In Nigeria, the best approach is to use banana to catch monkey.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 1:15am On Jan 02, 2023
Happy New Year from
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:

We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We are registered with CAC.

Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time: you can send truck over or we handle the transportation.

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840
#granite #granitesupplier #buildingmaterials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:39am On Jan 02, 2023
Compliments of the season and Happy New Year to all our followers

We wish you a beautiful New Year.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2023
somehow:

A refund made
An honorable thing to do.

He cares about his name and reputation.

I Salute him for that.

He has risen above the low some rather dwell in.

God bless us all.

Happy new year to us all.

May we not pade agbako in this new year and may parasites in the form of contractors/vendors not come near our dwellings as we match forward to better our lives in this new year.

Amen.
gud morning boss thanks u for ur word of encouragement, happy new year sir,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:58am On Jan 02, 2023
olukaygold:

Part of reason why I seldom comment here because cabals here will surely attack me in one way or the other. There are lots of Nairalanders I've worked for,there are lots that they've become House owner today due to my affordable housing costs and well details threads I created on Nairaland and the conveniences of getting materials easily for my Cl. Below is my ongoing Project(Two bedroom Semo detached) in Akure for a member here.We haven't spent UpTo 6m to this stage. Ask them to quote price for you,be expecting 10m plus

The whole of your build in this photo is just the size of the main lounge n dining of some build. Just don't generalise n focus on your affordable housing for your clients that needs them.
It's not about being cheap but its ability to stand the test of time also know that our construction methods n standard does differ greatly.
Not in support of over inflated quotes though but only speak for yourself koz only you know your standard

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:24am On Jan 02, 2023
Horlardorjah:

The whole of your build in this photo is just the size of the main lounge n dining of some build. Just don't generalise n focus on your affordable housing for your clients that needs them.
It's not about being cheap but its ability to stand the test of time also know that our construction methods n standard does differ greatly.
Not in support of over inflated quotes though but only speak for yourself koz only you know your standard

I like what he does.

In fact, I think he is rather honest.

Most estate projects are low-cost projects but they are not advertised that way. And clients are charged as if they built the most solid project ever. Think about reducing costs and maximizing profits.

This guy made it clear from day one that he is doing low-cost projects. That is being profoundly honest. And passing cost savings to the client.

I have a very strong hunch that if you wanted him to build a more solid structure, he would still charge less than others. He is addressing the mass market side of the property market at a price point they are comfortable with.

A good example of a low-cost way of doing things is using M5 concrete mix for DPC in one of his builds. I could not help but notice because everywhere I have read online I saw that M15 concrete was recommended for DPC, during my research for the proper concrete mix to address capillary action.

I tried going online to find M5 concrete being used as DPC and never found anything.

I am no engineer by the way, so there might be something I don't know

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 9:00am On Jan 02, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I like what he does.

Most estate projects are low-cost projects but they are not advertised that way. And clients are charged as if they built the most solid project ever. Think about reducing costs and maximizing profits.

Lekki homes in the chat

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by otedola1(m): 9:01am On Jan 02, 2023
Happy new year House,

I need experience carpenter at Ibadan for Roof project , to give quote for wood and other work at site

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 9:08am On Jan 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Bros, this is exactly the situation I was trying to mitigate in that N3xt issue, but some people turned it against me.

I am watching a Netflix Series "Partner Track" at the moment.

Some companies can afford to fight a case in court will do everything in their power to kill any case that involves not not because they can't afford to fight the case but because to quote the partner at the firm who told an associate to kill the case in the above named serial:

"Anonymity is hard to come by in today's world. When the firm itself becomes notable, people start poking around. Make the suit go away, the longer it drags, the more waves it creates."

Those waves can be very negative to businesses and to the individuals involved.

That's why they say win the battle, lose the war.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2023
rotecch77:

It boiled down to the designer reasoning and client choice .
I have done some in the past and present like the way you explained it .
See attached pics

this makes more sense. whalai. easier to clean n best presentable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:40am On Jan 02, 2023
Charisdesigns:

Just like other have pointed out, it based on clients choice, But typically a Wc is around 2ft, if placed at the middle you have 2ft left, Now consider someone sitting on the closet leaning forward while pressing his/her phone( which most people actually do cheesy,) the space left will be so small that you will be having this choked up feeling because of the closeness of the wall in your front.

I recently worked with a client that told me that he gets irritated if his leg touches the water closet. Placing it at the middle will kinda impede passage.

Also remember that placing your wc at the middle will mean longer piping, Albeit if not place in correct gradient frequent clogging may occur

Lastly, placing your WC at the far end by the window gives your small bathroom this illusion of bigger space.

The middle space can better serve as a laundry space, remember not all apartments have a laundry space, people typically wash in their bathrooms

hmmm this looks like the consideration people make. but personally if u have visited this bathroom pattern after few yrs. u will notice it has been hellfor the occupants. cleaning is difficult, it can't contain more than 1 person. n in this age of washing machine. people only was undies n basic clothes in the bathroom. on the other hand too . my suggested method takes more space. � I have seen lagos landlords put the shower on top the wc with bathroom size of 3 by 4 .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:41am On Jan 02, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I am watching a Netflix Series "Partner Track" at the moment.

Some companies can afford to fight a case in court will do everything in their power to kill any case that involves not not because they can't afford to fight the case but because to quote the partner at the firm who told an associate to kill the case in the above named serial:

"Anonymity is hard to come by in today's world. When the firm itself becomes notable, people start poking around. Make the suit go away, the longer it drags, the more waves it creates."

Those waves can be very negative to businesses and to the individuals involved.

That's why they say win the battle, lose the war.

Let me tell a first hand story. Growing up around 1979, my uncle used to be a Russian trained auto mechanic that specialized in Lada, Nova and mini mok vehicles. He was very good with them
It happened that he left his boys to fixed one of his clients car but the engine knocked after a few days. The client demanded a new car as compensation . Then brand new Lada was #2200. Big money! Not sure if my uncle even had that type of money then. He pleaded with the client that he could rebuild the engine at no charges but the man refused.
Eventually they went to court. It dragged and dragged for 10 years. The case was finally decided in 1989. The client won. The judge ruled that my uncle cannot buy a new car as compensation for client’s used car. Then he awarded half of the money being #1000. As at that time- 1989, a used Suzuki motorcycle was around that price.
You can imagine! from new car to #1000 after 10 years in court. That is what the court system does in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Thank you sir.

Didn't take his there though.

Complicated jurisdiction.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 11:05am On Jan 02, 2023
Season Greetings and happy New Year from
Masterpiece Trucks And Granites is one the best suppliers with materials coming from two quarry branches: Ijebu Ode (To Lagos Island) and Abeokuta (Lagos Mainland)

Our materials are quality has been tested and verified by so many advance construction companies.

We understand that buying from some suppliers pose you the risk of not getting the exact tonnage paid for.

You should buy from us because:

We provide Haulage services (Howo trucks and Mack trucks).

Full tonnage supply.

Affordable prices.

We are registered with CAC.

Long-term relationships are extremely important to Us .

We do 24/7 supply.

Fast and reliable.

available materials are:
Boulder =7000/ton
Dust =2500/ton
1/2inch =7200/ton
stonebase =7000/ton
Hardcore =7000/ton
3/4 = 7200/ton
5/8(3/4down) =7200/ton
Abeokuta Sharp sand= 4200

Cost of transportation of materials from quarry to your site depends on the distance and price of diesel at the time: you can send truck over or we handle the transportation.

Kindly call us to place order or make inquiries.. 07026691840
#granite #granitesupplier #buildingmaterials

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2023
Happy new year to you all my friends and followers online, I wish you all a prosperous new year filled with health and God's goodness. As usual, I always summarise my work year on this page after every year's end. This is a place I review my activities within a year, look at the high and low points, and formulate a strategy that will direct my actions for the new year.

Our work in 2022 was challenging as usual, but so was everything in the country for some time now. We all witnessed the increase of insecurity and general desperation among the masses. This made our work in 2022 a lot harder as we had to choose where to work and where not to work, because of the need to stay safe. But that still didn't stop us from having too many close shaves with life threatening situations, one of which was a direct attack. But in the end, we didn't lose any member of our team, or even have a serious injury.

The economy of Nigeria in 2022 was horrible, we continued to experience inflation, and prices kept soaring against our budgets, we did our best to keep to our budgets, and when possible, we stocked materials ahead of starting a building.

We travelled and worked in many states of Nigeria, building houses and renovating some old ones. We also completed a lot of the buildings we had been building in 2021 within 2022. Those houses were handed over to their owners who have moved into the buildings. Some of the houses has been rented with new tenants occupying the buildings.

We plan to continue working on the houses we had been working on as the year ended. We also have plans to start new buildings within this January 2023. This is an election year, and there might be more cases of apprehension, insecurity and economic turmoil, as a new government may or may not handle the dictates of their new office to create stability. But we are always on ground to take actions which will make our clients who give us contracts to build to be insulated from the turmoil in the economy.

We worked on about 18 projects in 2022. This includes the completion and handling over of about 10 houses, taking up 6 new contracts, and continuing some others which couldn't be completed in 2022.

It was a very good, productive year, we intend to do more in 2023, we thank you for the opportunity to serve as usual, and promise to always do our best for every project. We have increased our work teams, more professionals have joined my team, and better finishers of the house are now working with me. We expect a better 2023 with your partnership.

Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouragement. God bless you all. Thank you all.

Spyder880

https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-annual-summary-page/5

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2023
We give our all to satisfy our clients. Happy ending is certain

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:48pm On Jan 02, 2023
spyder880:
Happy new year to you all my friends and followers online, I wish you all a prosperous new year filled with health and God's goodness. As usual, I always summarise my work year on this page after every year's end. This is a place I review my activities within a year, look at the high and low points, and formulate a strategy that will direct my actions for the new year.

Our work in 2022 was challenging as usual, but so was everything in the country for some time now. We all witnessed the increase of insecurity and general desperation among the masses. This made our work in 2022 a lot harder as we had to choose where to work and where not to work, because of the need to stay safe. But that still didn't stop us from having too many close shaves with life threatening situations, one of which was a direct attack. But in the end, we didn't lose any member of our team, or even have a serious injury.

The economy of Nigeria in 2022 was horrible, we continued to experience inflation, and prices kept soaring against our budgets, we did our best to keep to our budgets, and when possible, we stocked materials ahead of starting a building.

We travelled and worked in many states of Nigeria, building houses and renovating some old ones. We also completed a lot of the buildings we had been building in 2021 within 2022. Those houses were handed over to their owners who have moved into the buildings. Some of the houses has been rented with new tenants occupying the buildings.

We plan to continue working on the houses we had been working on as the year ended. We also have plans to start new buildings within this January 2023. This is an election year, and there might be more cases of apprehension, insecurity and economic turmoil, as a new government may or may not handle the dictates of their new office to create stability. But we are always on ground to take actions which will make our clients who give us contracts to build to be insulated from the turmoil in the economy.

We worked on about 18 projects in 2022. This includes the completion and handling over of about 10 houses, taking up 6 new contracts, and continuing some others which couldn't be completed in 2022.

It was a very good, productive year, we intend to do more in 2023, we thank you for the opportunity to serve as usual, and promise to always do our best for every project. We have increased our work teams, more professionals have joined my team, and better finishers of the house are now working with me. We expect a better 2023 with your partnership.

Thank you all for your prayers, support and encouragement. God bless you all. Thank you all.

Spyder880

https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-annual-summary-page/5

Happy new year boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Jan 02, 2023
topsy23:

Happy new year boss

Happy new year my main man, I see you're still going strong as usual, keep up doing the good work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2023
@ my Oga Hajj Mufutau55, happy new year Sir, I pray for more of God's guidance and his protection in our lives, thank you for being as supportive as you've been to me and all other people on this forum. God bless you Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 3:01pm On Jan 02, 2023
spyder880:
@ my Oga Hajj Mufutau55, happy new year Sir, I pray for more of God's guidance and his protection in our lives, thank you for being as supportive as you've been to me and all other people on this forum. God bless you Sir
oga Spyderman, Top G grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:08pm On Jan 02, 2023
spyder880:

Oga mi pata-pata from the day I was born.
Thank you very much for all the usual accollades.
Beleive me that I did not forget you o.
May God Almighty grant all our wishes in this New Year 2023. I hope the family are doing good.
I thought I will have more time for myself after my retirement in early 2022, but it has been the opposite.
I will reach out to you on Whatsapp... Thanks again.
God bless us all.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2023
Compliments of the season @everyone!

Please does anybody know where one can get these types of ridge caps (stone coated) attached below and how much they cost?

Secondly, how much are bond stone coated roofing sheets at the moment?

CC: @Money121

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 3:42pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rany4all:
Compliments of the season @everyone!

Please does anybody know where one can get these types of ridge caps (stone coated) attached below and how much they cost?

Secondly, how much are bond stone coated roofing sheets at the moment?

CC: @Money121
Bond 3900 persqm
That ridge cap is available
Let know how many pcs and colour u need

Whatsapp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2023
money121:

Bond 3900 persqm
That ridge cap is available
Let know how many pcs and colour u need

Whatsapp 08085310359
I need black (charcoal black). Don't know the number of pieces of ridge cap, but enough to cover 170m.

What's the thickness of that bond and where was it manufactured?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 4:27pm On Jan 02, 2023
mufutau55:

Oga mi pata-pata from the day I was born.
Thank you very much for all the usual accollades.
Beleive me that I did not forget you o.
May God Almighty grant all our wishes in this New Year 2023. I hope the family are doing good.
I thought I will have more time for myself after my retirement in early 2022, but it has been the opposite.
I will reach out to you on Whatsapp... Thanks again.
God bless us all.

Hajji M.

Thank you Sir, I now feel happier. Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 4:28pm On Jan 02, 2023
visaclick:
oga Spyderman, Top G grin

My man, thank you very much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=FEGEITOK post=119626731]

I like what he does.

This guy made it clear from day one that he is doing low-cost projects. That is being profoundly honest. And passing cost savings to the client.

I have a very strong hunch that if you wanted him to build a more solid structure, he would still charge less than others. He is addressing the mass market side of the property market at a price point they are comfortable with.

A good example of a low-cost way of doing things is using M5 concrete mix for DPC in one of his builds. I could not help but notice because everywhere I have read online I saw that M15 concrete was recommended for DPC, during my research for the proper concrete mix to address capillary action.

I tried going online to find M5 concrete being used as DPC and never found anything.

I am no engineer by the way, so there might be something I don't

Lol
I get you, that was why I said he should stick to his affordable buildings for his clients that needs it and not generalise.
Please take one of your projects off your engineers n give it to the honest man sir.
Peace to all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
its going to be a beautiful new year to everyone...

may all your dreams come to pass

we are still available for your pop & wall screeding.

we are available

whatsapp 07088534661

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3272) (3273) (3274) (3275) (3276) (3277) (3278) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.