Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,243 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3283) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427101 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) (3285) (3286) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HocusPocus: 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
hslbroker2:

Whatsapp me 09132123240 it's our job

Waiting for your message.
what's your location/area
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
michlins:
While we're discussing the economic and future usage of a duplex after the kids must have gone, this man went all out in Nnewi.

At some point building this edifice,it was rumoured that he wanted to demolish it for not being up to his standard

Pic.

Looks like abroadian house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2023
michlins:
see eh, when it comes to people obeying simple rules and regulations, you require very strong institution.

Wonder why a Chinese man will come to Nigeria and start disobeying civil rules? That's because under normal circumstances, humans love being wild and animalistic. Unless there are severe consequences for breaking the law,they will be broken at will. Same Nigerians will touch down at JFK airport and immediately wait in line and not want to cut in.

It's not Nigerians, it's the Nigeria institution and government being lousy

I believe the Government and it's citizen has a role to play, in creating a functional institution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
topsy23:

There was once an agency called WAIC(War against indiscipline and corruption). Not sure the the agency still exist. Can things work in this country of ours without bribing. Ordinary prepaid meter , international passport , drivers license can't be issue without bribing people or officials . God help us

The bolded is
One serious problem!!!

There should be consequences for certain actions.

But some are above these consequences in our country.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
diordaves:

what role does the government have in guiding against them? Plenty.

I will use the UK and by implication the USA as an example of the role of the government in such situation. Or better put, the evidence of a strong institution.

In the UK we have HSE - Health and Safety Executive. HSE is a legal act (institution) that guarantee the minimum standard of safety and (health) hygiene of public/private organisations. The managers of the airport toilet know that HSE is a very strong regulatory institution (body) that will not hesitate to impose the appropriate sanction on the airport including closing some section of the airport if not all the airport due to dirty toilets which is a threat to public health. If this happens heads will roll, so the managers ensure the toilets are regularly cleaned. Home and abroad, people mess up toilets. It is not only in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, the toilets are dirty, the officials are largely corrupt, facilities don't work (air conditioning) due to weak regulatory institutions. I can hazard a guess that in the USA, you probably know a body (institution) you would call if your local airport toilet is a threat to public health and you will make that call in confidence that the body will act. In Nigeria, who will you call in confidence to act. Nigeria is a geographical contraption where no one is in charge.

I concur, Nigeria lacks regulation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by myorh: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
bolu1986:
For your pop & wall screeding

We are Available

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/111#119791050

How much is pop per square metre now?. Location is Ibadan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Nigeria prefers strong men to strong institutions

It is not going to change anytime soon

Nigeria also has a way of destroying moral values.

Ask those who stood in line for hours and saw those who offered as little as 500 or 1000 to the gate men to jump the queue during the last fuel crises.

Frustrating Stuff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2023
Successbay:
Thank you for sharing.

Please what's the difference between both types of HDF? Are there significant differences in quality??

For the block boards HDF, the plywoods in it are not plied there are small small blocks of plywoods that are cut inside and joined together, So there is possibility of them falling off if the board is been cut. But for the normal HDF the plywood in it is direct plywoods so it can fall no matter any size you cut them to.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 2:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
24/7 active to deliver: all granites sizes and sharp sand

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:24pm On Jan 07, 2023
Our latest Designs, sofa, center table and dining sets all made to foreign standard. For sale at affordable rates
Please call or WhatsApp 0906 244 9689

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Patriot9: 5:20pm On Jan 07, 2023
Okay so good evening toyall.
Sequence to my complain I made earlier and non satisfaction of the on going work https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/3281#119775134
I have decided to do a remodification of the FRONT VIEW/ENTRANCE to this building plan only so as to make it look modern.
Also note:. I want the visitor's toilet removed.
It's still at foundation level.
Below is the paper work/plan

I need a good Architect that can do it at a very minimal cost

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Heymus(m): 5:57pm On Jan 07, 2023
Patriot9:
Sequence to my complain I made earlier and non satisfaction of the on going work https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/3281#119775134
I have decided to do a remodification of the FRONT VIEW/ENTRANCE to this building plan only so as to make it look modern.

Good evening sir, kindly talk to me on 08036879623
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tomie1212: 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2023
*FOR SALE*

2 Plots of Land available for sale @ Ibeju Lekki, sharing fence with Amen Estate phase II. 8 minutes drive from the express way.

Land is fenced.
*1200 sqmeters*

*Title: C of O*

*Price 40 million*(asking Price/negotiable) please call 09087614884
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
Contact us for your Architectural Designs

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
melonsgroup:
Do you have a house/building project at your village this year?

I recommend you do this.

I did this at Itama my village and I was glad.

Get sense and reduce expenses this year.

Good Morning �
Beautiful rubbish....
I can only do this to punish my tenants.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 2:20am On Jan 08, 2023
If you need a good and trusted stamped concrete floor installer pls don’t forget to send us a dm 08134410562

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 2:24am On Jan 08, 2023
christ007:
If you need a good and trusted stamped concrete floor installer pls don’t forget to send us a dm 08134410562

This is a new job in delta state which I just delivered pls check on my Facebook page to see more and I will also post some here in my page too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 2:26am On Jan 08, 2023
Olumighty123:

One thing is, he doesn't go beyond Lagos, ogun and ibadan
. My client is in Ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 6:19am On Jan 08, 2023
gentlesoul83:

There is black is available. Normal HDF is the best quality of them all.
Lagos state. Ojodu berger precisely

Oh okay...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:49am On Jan 08, 2023
Patriot9:

You have the land survey with you?
Let's see what can be done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:28am On Jan 08, 2023
redgem:

Oh okay...

We look forward to your patronage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:41am On Jan 08, 2023
christ007:
. My client is in Ibadan

+234 903 204 8729 teezy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 7:41am On Jan 08, 2023
uncleteeh:

You have the land survey with you?
Let's see what can be done.
lol which land survey grin does that Design looks like what came from someone willing to do a land survey? They see aerial photos of New York and London and use it to criticize Nigeria government of incompetence but the simple laws layed down to make the city better planning they can't adhere to it.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 8:09am On Jan 08, 2023
#Not related to construction.
I need some opinions here.
My debit card was used for some unauthorized transactions on www.shein.com. I never made any purchase on the website before. Thousands of dirhams had already left my account while I was still in shock and confused on what to do. I eventually blocked the card and I contacted my bank.
I also contacted shein.com. the transaction was confirmed and they said the shipment was done already, so there's nothing they can do from their side. I inquired on the details of the user of my card but they declined to disclose this. they only shared an image with some details blurred. they asked me to go through my bank, to file for cashback. Bank asked me to wait as the dispute has been raised already and the investigation may take up to 6 months. I also approached Visa, they again referred me to my bank. Bank would not even attend to me again as I think I was becoming a nuisance by staying back for any miracle to happen, even after telling me to go and they'll get back to me.
I'm just wondering if there is still something else that I can do to increase my chances of recovering my money, rather than to just wait.
I suspect that they probably bought several units of e-gift cards because I did all I did within 24hours. So, physical shipment couldn't have been that fast. I didn't receive any otp, I didn't give anyone my pw in recent time.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:21am On Jan 08, 2023
redgem:

I'm sorry to prý but I'm just curious, what do you actually do?

I'm an Engr, under my company there are many professional artisans that are very capable.

Happy Sunday..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:27am On Jan 08, 2023
MrOkenwa:
#Not related to construction.
I need some opinions here.
My debit card was used for some unauthorized transactions on www.shein.com. I never made any purchase on the website before. Thousands of dirhams had already left my account while I was still in shock and confused on what to do. I eventually blocked the card and I contacted my bank.
I also contacted shein.com. the transaction was confirmed and they said the shipment was done already, so there's nothing they can do from their side. I inquired on the details of the user of my card but they declined to disclose this. they only shared an image with some details blurred. they asked me to go through my bank, to file for cashback. Bank asked me to wait as the dispute has been raised already and the investigation may take up to 6 months. I also approached Visa, they again referred me to my bank. Bank would not even attend to me again as I think I was becoming a nuisance by staying back for any miracle to happen, even after telling me to go and they'll get back to me.
I'm just wondering if there is still something else that I can do to increase my chances of recovering my money, rather than to just wait.
I suspect that they probably bought several units of e-gift cards because I did all I did within 24hours. So, physical shipment couldn't have been that fast. I didn't receive any otp, I didn't give anyone my pw in recent time.

Sorry for this horrible experience.
Unfortunately, nothing would happen. At least speaking from my experience with GTB luckily for me, the money was small as I only left small dollars on my card. Your situation might be different but I doubt it.

Your card has been compromised.

Action needed on your part.

1. Deactivate/block the the card completely and discard and request a new one.
2. Check all your online platforms where you buy items and activate second authentication to login to the platforms.
3. Do not allow the platforms to save your card details. Put your details at the point of check out. Mine was compromised on ebay.
4. Your email must have been changed if you have been to the platform the card was used .

Hope this helps.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:34am On Jan 08, 2023
We gives thanks to Almighty God for the completion of the 1st stage of this project.
We also thank our dear client for the journey so far.
Now at stage 2 of this project( after successfully delivered stage 1 carcass)
(Finishings)
Plumbing
Electrical
Plastering/ rendering
Windows
Doors
Etc
Watch out

12 mini flats

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:08am On Jan 08, 2023
money121:

Installation in progress

Beautiful house. A good finishing will complement it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2023
BrickDevo:
Our latest Designs, sofa, center table and dining sets all made to foreign standard. For sale at affordable rates
Please call or WhatsApp 0906 244 9689

Beautiful.3

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kitsall123: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2023
Hello house,

Please is it possible to use 850 pieces of 2by4 wood to roof a duplex on one plot of land.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:24am On Jan 08, 2023
kitsall123:
Hello house,

Please is it possible to use 850 pieces of 2by4 wood to roof a duplex on one plot of land.

Thanks.

Very possible. 2x4 is versatile. It can be used for tie-beams, rafters and struts.

Quantity majorly depends on the size of the house, design and pitch of the roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kitsall123: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

Very possible. 2x4 is versatile. It can be used for tie-beams, rafters and struts.

Quantity majorly depends on the size of the house, design and pitch of the roof.

Thank you sir.

Was given a quote of 1,500 for 2x4.

Is this okay?

(1) (2) (3) ... (3280) (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) (3285) (3286) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.