Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3284) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431752 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) (3285) (3286) (3287) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2023
I used Matte paint (from GBADEXY) for this room painting..

I love the fact that it is cool, can absorb light (I really don’t like the sheen of satin paint) and I think absorbs less heat.

Only downside is that I don’t think it can be cleaned.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nadingo: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2023
christ007:

This is a new job in delta state which I just delivered pls check on my Facebook page to see more and I will also post some here in my page too
Can this stamped concrete be done to last without this shiny paint/finishing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:12am On Jan 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

I love the fact that it is cool, can absorb light (I really don’t like the sheen of satin paint) and I think absorbs less heat.

Thanks very much for your continued patronage sir. Dealing with you is always at ease.
Matte can be wiped gently to remove stains but not as how effectively satin can be cleaned.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2023
kitsall123:

Thank you sir.

Was given a quote of 1,500 for 2x4.

Is this okay?

I don't know how big your mansion is, but from my roofing experience, that might be a bit too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:55pm On Jan 08, 2023
Transforming Spaces......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 2:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
kitsall123:

Thank you sir.

Was given a quote of 1,500 for 2x4.

Is this okay?

It's possible to use 850 pcs of 2by4, it depends of the size of the building and design of the roof.

For the price I can offer you better price with good quality woods. You can WhatsApp my 08032339807 for better prices.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 3:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
hslbroker2:

I'm an Engr, under my company their are many professional artisans that are very capable.

Happy Sunday..

Okay....nice to know

Happy new week to you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:07pm On Jan 08, 2023
Can somebody please tell me the best brand and price for 50kva/33kv Transformer. Pics will also be appreciated.
Thank you.

@topsy23
@twinskenny

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:11pm On Jan 08, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:12pm On Jan 08, 2023
mufutau55:
Can somebody please tell me the best brand and price for 50kva/33kv Transformer. Pics will also be appreciated.
Thank you.

@topsy23
@twinskenny

Hajji M.

Tricky… no idea really but someone has to be careful not buy repackaged transformer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 4:37pm On Jan 08, 2023
KolaShangOne:

Very beautiful, what color is this? Dark grey?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
twinskenny:

Tricky… no idea really but someone has to be careful not buy repackaged transformer

Exactly, my brother. Thanks.

Haj0ji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
mufutau55:
Thank you.

@topsy23
@twinskenny

Hajji M.

We have ABB, Schneider, Astor.

Why is your total load? To me if your total load is below 100KVA I don't think you need a transformer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:54pm On Jan 08, 2023
topsy23:

We have ABB, Schneider, Astor.

Why is your total load? To me if your total load is below 100KVA I don't think you need a transformer.

It is an akward situation Boss. The aluminium wirings are too far and the present owner where my friend is getting power from their Transformer is making too much yanga.
This is for a friend's mini estate.
So what are the price for the 3 mentioned above?
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:13pm On Jan 08, 2023
mufutau55:

It is an akward situation Boss. The aluminium wirings are too far and the present owner where my friend is getting power from their Transformer is making too much yanga.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

The 50kva 33KV/400V is a special order not something readily available in the open market or distributor. What you can easily get is 50KVA 11KV/400V.

If he can get 100KVA 33KV/400V it will be better

Special order of 50KVA
3.6m

For the 100KVA.
ABB 5.2m
Schneider 5.85m
Astor 4.8m(this not pure copper coil)
The 100KVA will give room for future development and as well serve people around him.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 08, 2023
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) ...

12v 200a .... N23,000
12v 150a.....N17,000
12v 100a.......N11,000
2v 500a ......N6,000

Free pickup within some parts of Lagos mainland ! Shared cost logistics within Lagos Island environs . . If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver (shared logistics cost depending on scrap battery quantity) .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 6:00pm On Jan 08, 2023
kitsall123:
Hello house,

Please is it possible to use 850 pieces of 2by4 wood to roof a duplex on one plot of land.

Thanks.

Let's see the quantity of the others and one would be able to tell.

I am usually suspicious of any over 450 on a regular build. Get a quote from at least 3 from different areas and check the differences.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:02pm On Jan 08, 2023
mufutau55:

Thanks.

Hajji M.

We got 100KVA ABB before the pandemic in my layout for N3.1m. For our experience, to get a factory copy, we had to go through the local power company. To do this, we paid "public relations" of 150k and further shenanigans.

Although this was in Warri, it might also ring true for you, so watch out.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 8:09pm On Jan 08, 2023
Happy Sunday

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decimator: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2023
Please. What could be the current reasonable price for screeding/cornice of under decking per square meter. ( Material and labour). Thanks.

The artisan I contacted wants to charge #2,800 per square meter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:49pm On Jan 08, 2023
gbadexy:

Thanks very much for your continued patronage sir. Dealing with you is always at ease.
Matte can be wiped gently to remove stains but not as how effectively satin can be cleaned.

Please what color is that (neutral or gray or custom)? Can it be used for outside?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tnot(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2023
Kudos to you all for all the wonderful contribution to this great thread
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:04pm On Jan 08, 2023
diordaves:

We got 100KVA ABB before the pandemic in my layout for N3.1m. For our experience, to get a factory copy, we had to go through the local power company. To do this, we paid "public relations" of 150k and further shenanigans.

We have the major distributor of transformer in Lagos here which is Elektrint at gbagada, bolamark in Festac, Foltechs etc, What they sell is ABB brand original. Also you can buy Schneider transformer directly from their company in Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2023
diordaves:

Thank you very much Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2023
topsy23:

The 50kva 33KV/400V is a special order not something readily available in the open market or distributor. What you can easily get is 50KVA 11KV/400V.

If he can get 100KVA 33KV/400V it will be better

Special order of 50KVA
3.6m

For the 100KVA.
ABB 5.2m
Schneider 5.85m
Astor 4.8m(this not pure copper coil)
The 100KVA will give room for future development and as well serve people around him.

Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:14pm On Jan 08, 2023
decimator:
Please. What could be the current reasonable price for screeding/cornice of under decking per square meter. ( Material and labour). Thanks.

The artisan I contacted wants to charge #2,800 per square meter.

That’s okay depending on the type of cornice….
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kilef05: 1:08am On Jan 09, 2023
My Honorables, please help me confirm if this quotation is reasonable for Roofing wood work on a 2bed room flat.

Attached are examples of pictures of the type of roofing in question.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:40am On Jan 09, 2023
Tnot:
Who get eBay account with reviews for sale edakun
How is this even possible? eBay account with address, home number, bank account information, email address etc. Someone would now sell all these to a total stranger for how much?

This is how they wipe people’s bank account. Somebody here is still trying to understand how they went on a shopping spray with his bank account.

Guys, please be careful !

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 2:44am On Jan 09, 2023
Kilef05:
My Honorables, please help me confirm if this quotation is reasonable for Roofing wood work on a 2bed room flat.

Attached are examples of pictures of the type of roofing in question.

The quotation is reasonable. But there is no 2by6 or 3by4 in the quotation. Which wood will the carpenter use for the tie beam.

Note: please am available for your patronage for the woods. 08032339807.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:56am On Jan 09, 2023
sonnie10:

How is this even possible? eBay account with address, home number, bank account information, email address etc. Someone would now sell all these to a total stranger for how much?

This is how they wipe people’s bank account. Somebody here is still trying to understand how they went on a shopping spray with his bank account.

Guys, please be careful !

No be juju be that!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:52am On Jan 09, 2023
Olumighty123:

Very beautiful, what color is this? Dark grey?
It's a dark shade of ice gray.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:54am On Jan 09, 2023
sonnie10:

Please what color is that (neutral or gray or custom)? Can it be used for outside?
It's a customised color, I was sent the sample but it's a slightly darker shade of ice gray.
Sure sir, it can be used outside.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3281) (3282) (3283) (3284) (3285) (3286) (3287) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dendrick123 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.