Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,762 members, 7,820,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403903 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3295) (3296) (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 5:34am On Jan 18, 2023
diordaves:

So if rain dey fall and your visitors want to go toilet, dem go enter rain go backyard go piss, enter rain come back?

I go kuku piss or sh_it for body then. Why I go enter rain go piss because I come visit you.

Am sure your grandfather didn't put a V.T in his house, yet he had visitors.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 5:43am On Jan 18, 2023
bobkezel:

Are you not a builder? Why ask us... If you know your onion you should know how/where to perfectly site a VT

No. The only place they know to put V.T is in the mouth of the home owner so that his visitors will not even have to stress themselves standing up to pee.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 6:22am On Jan 18, 2023
folmus:
@MrOkenwa

Hope you're able to resolve your issue.
Good day sir.
Visa said it was an undisputed payment. So, my request for cashback was declined.
I have moved on.
Thank you for checking on me sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:35am On Jan 18, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Good day sir.
Visa said it was an undisputed payment. So, my request for cashback was declined.
I have moved on.

But you disputed?

What's their definition of undisputed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:36am On Jan 18, 2023
An estate just installed a 0.5 hp submersible water pump to power the estate water supply.

Isn't it too small?

I'm using 1hp for just one household
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 7:38am On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

But you disputed?

So it appears that people have a new scam where they claim a transaction was declined and get their money back. I know a petrol station dealer who was complaining bitterly about this. So now this is the outcome. It will be much harder for honest people in sorting out failed transactions.

Nigerians have done it again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:43am On Jan 18, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Good day sir.
I have moved on.

Olohun afi ofo ra emi.

May God replenish your pocket.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:53am On Jan 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

So it appears that people have a new scam where they claim a transaction was declined and get their money back. I know a petrol station dealer who was complaining bitterly about this. So now this is the outcome. It will be much harder for honest people in sorting out failed transactions.

Nigerians have done it again

Wow.

Thanks for the enlightenment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:14am On Jan 18, 2023
Olumighty123:

Where else then would your visitor go use a toilet? In your bedroom or the next compound? Maybe throw their waste over the fence?

The visitors toilet can be at entrance of the house, veranda area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Genesis865: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2023
So i have a land in kaduna(2000 sqm) in Kaduna and I'd love to put it to good use. I want to build a story hotel of 10-15 rooms. Can someone help me out, by telling me how much it cost me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 8:36am On Jan 18, 2023
Genesis865:
So i have a land in kaduna(2000 sqm) in Kaduna and I'd love to put it to good use. I want to build a story hotel of 10-15 rooms. Can someone help me out, by telling me how much it cost me

You have to run the design at first. It's from the design the actual estimate can be made. Any amount called without drawings will not the actual sir. You can WhatsApp us on +2347031571105
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2023
Hatesin:

No. The only place they know to put V.T is in the mouth of the home owner so that his visitors will not even have to stress themselves standing up to pee.

You are been rude you know? State your opinion and move on or shuush your mouth, Zip it undecided

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:50am On Jan 18, 2023
Genesis865:
I suggest we do a modern sweet design first then run the cost estimate, let me design something sweet for you
09164463240 WhatsApp or call, go through my portfolio via the links in my signature to see my works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Curious345: 9:00am On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:
An estate just installed a 0.5 hp submersible water pump to power the estate water supply.

Isn't it too small?

I'm using 1hp for just one household
I have 2 spare surface 1.5hp water pumps for sale .just incase you need wm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:01am On Jan 18, 2023
Let's Transform your space.....

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-
design-project/5#116563752
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:12am On Jan 18, 2023
Beframia:
I've been to a few houses where the V.T. is sited by the gate close to the security post. I think it's also an idea worth considering.

I don't support this idea having visitor's toilet at the gate house. The best is to have it close the Ante room or external terrace but MUST not be close to living room.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:21am On Jan 18, 2023
Master Bedroom Interior design
How do you want it let us know 09164463240 WhatsApp or call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:24am On Jan 18, 2023
This visitor’s toilet issue is easy to redeem in most cases. It just depends on where you want the door. If a door opening to the living area or ante room is not convenient, a different door could be made at another position. While the first is sealed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:48am On Jan 18, 2023
So a story was told of a king who called his subjects to a feast.

The king promised to provide enough food to feed the entire village, however, he said he wouldn't provide them with any wine.

In order to strengthen their sense of community and foster togetherness, the king asked that the wine be provided by the villagers instead.

He put a very huge pot at the village square and asked that each household poured a keg of palmwine into the pot. If every household donated a keg, they should have enough wine to last them for the entire feast.

On that appointed Eke market day, the villagers started trooping to the village square to donate their quota.

Now, the king decided not to have this process supervised. He trusted his subjects to act accordingly.
You only needed to declare your attendance after you must have poured your keg into the pot.

While this was going on, one man, Mazi Okoro, thought to himself, "If no one is supervising the donation of the palmwine, why do I need to donate at all?"

He reckoned, "If everyone poured in a keg of palmwine and I poured in a keg of water into the pot, no one would be any wiser, and my keg of water would be but a little dilution to the wine and it wouldn't make any difference."

And so he did.
He poured a keg of water into the pot instead of a keg of palmwine.

The days passed, trickled down until the feast day finally arrived.
All was well at the feast until it was time to drink the wine.

Lo and behold, it was only water!

Because while Mazi Okoro thought his keg of water would go unnoticed since everyone else was pouring in palmwine, Mazi Okeke also thought the same.
And so did Mazi Okafor, and Mazi Okonkwo, and the entire village.

So in the end, they had to endure their pot of water throughout the entire feast.
Because who could they complain to? The king? He had nothing to do with it.
They themselves had brought this misfortune upon them.

As elections draw closer, do not be like these villagers and assume that others are going to vote your preferred candidate even if you don't vote.

Do not think "after all, we did million man marches all around the country and people came out in their thousands, so my one vote won't make any difference."

Your vote makes all the difference.
Please, go and collect your PVC!

©️

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 10:36am On Jan 18, 2023
For your woods by it 2by2, 2by3, 2by4, 2by6, 3by4, 1x12x12 .
All is available at affordable price. Good quality Guaranteed.
Please call or message 08032339807.

Kindly patronise me and help my business grow.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2023
Olumighty123:

You are been rude you know? State your opinion and move on or shuush your mouth, Zip it undecided

Quoting me will not cure your pains but taking a pill will
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:30pm On Jan 18, 2023
GUD AFTERNOON MY WONDERFUL BOSS here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 12:43pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hatesin:

Quoting me will not cure your pains but taking a pill will

You're still been rude. Anyway, I will let you get away with that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Let me be your supply plug

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2023
Olumighty123:

You're still been rude. Anyway, I will let you get away with that.

Get away with your pills you mean?
No. You need it for your pains

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
twinskenny:
So a story was told of a king who called his subjects to a feast.

The king promised to provide enough food to feed the entire village, however, he said he wouldn't provide them with any wine.

In order to strengthen their sense of community and foster togetherness, the king asked that the wine be provided by the villagers instead.

He put a very huge pot at the village square and asked that each household poured a keg of palmwine into the pot. If every household donated a keg, they should have enough wine to last them for the entire feast.

On that appointed Eke market day, the villagers started trooping to the village square to donate their quota.

Now, the king decided not to have this process supervised. He trusted his subjects to act accordingly.
You only needed to declare your attendance after you must have poured your keg into the pot.

While this was going on, one man, Mazi Okoro, thought to himself, "If no one is supervising the donation of the palmwine, why do I need to donate at all?"

He reckoned, "If everyone poured in a keg of palmwine and I poured in a keg of water into the pot, no one would be any wiser, and my keg of water would be but a little dilution to the wine and it wouldn't make any difference."

And so he did.
He poured a keg of water into the pot instead of a keg of palmwine.

The days passed, trickled down until the feast day finally arrived.
All was well at the feast until it was time to drink the wine.

Lo and behold, it was only water!

Because while Mazi Okoro thought his keg of water would go unnoticed since everyone else was pouring in palmwine, Mazi Okeke also thought the same.
And so did Mazi Okafor, and Mazi Okonkwo, and the entire village.

So in the end, they had to endure their pot of water throughout the entire feast.
Because who could they complain to? The king? He had nothing to do with it.
They themselves had brought this misfortune upon them.

As elections draw closer, do not be like these villagers and assume that others are going to vote your preferred candidate even if you don't vote.

Do not think "after all, we did million man marches all around the country and people came out in their thousands, so my one vote won't make any difference."

Your vote makes all the difference.
Please, go and collect your PVC!

©️
Wise words oga boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 1:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
sonnie10:
This visitor’s toilet issue is easy to redeem in most cases. It just depends on where you want the door. If a door opening to the living area or ante room is not convenient, a different door could be made at another position. While the first is sealed.

Our problem in the building industry is "this is how it is done" syndrome. And because many architects don't like stretching their brains in thinking out new ideas, they'll prefer using a stereotyped pattern. That's why in almost every house plan, the v.t is almost at the same place. Before all these visitors' toilet madness started, houses were being built and people lived in them conveniently. But good as it is to have it in our modern homes, it should be strategically located to serve its purpose.

As an Architect, design to suit your client's life style and as a homeowner, insist on what suits you because the Architect is not the one to use the house.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hatesin:

Our problem in the building industry is "this is how it is done" syndrome. And because many architects don't like stretching their brains in thinking out new ideas, they'll prefer using a stereotyped pattern. That's why in almost every house plan, the v.t is almost at the same place. Before all these visitors' toilet madness started, houses were being built and people lived in them conveniently. But good as it is to have it in our modern homes, it should be strategically located to serve its purpose.

As an Architect, design to suit your client's life style and as a homeowner, insist on what suits you because the Architect is not the one to use the house.
You are right, for me i think the most suitable method is to provide a small lobby that leads to the toilet, incase of whatever smell, or odour, or even the need to prepare after coming out of the toilet. Imagine bumping into the living room directly from the toilet.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2023
BrickDevo:

You are right, for me i think the most suitable method is to provide a small lobby that leads to the toilet, incase of whatever smell, or odour, or even the need to prepare after coming out of the toilet. Imagine bumping into the living room directly from the toilet.

Etisalat: Now you're talking.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

But you disputed?

Yes I filed for a dispute and possible cashback through my bank because the transaction was not initiated by me.
Visa said that the transaction was successfully carried out using the correct information on the card, no hacking was involved. Hence, undisputed.
The card was used to purchase gift cards which were redeemed same day.

folmus:

Olohun afi ofo ra emi.

May God replenish your pocket.
Amen sir. Thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2023
MrOkenwa:

Yes I filed for a dispute and possible cashback through my bank because the transaction was not initiated by me.
Visa said that the transaction was successfully carried out using the correct information on the card, no hacking was involved. Hence, undisputed.
The card was used to purchase gift cards which were redeemed same day.

Amen sir. Thank you

You can still get your money.

But this has to be through law enforcement.

I know the FBI doesn't joke with this kind of crime.

Even the Nigerian law enforcement has the capacity to unmask the guys.

But it is totally up to you to provide the details of the complaint for action to be taken.

If you are willing to share details privately with me, it would be possible to do this.

But I respect your right to move on.

Here's what the FBI said following sentencing in a similar case last April.

“If these defendants thought their million-dollar fraud would go unnoticed simply because they targeted a trillion-dollar company, they were sorely mistaken,” said U.S. Attorney Chad Meacham. “The Justice Department will not tolerate fraud against any company, be it a multinational corporation or a mom-and-pop operation. We are grateful to our FBI partners for their work on this case.”

Under US law, its called wire fraud.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3295) (3296) (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) (3301) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aduragbemi45(m), dongc(m), HossanaHeights and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.