Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3297) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400724 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3294) (3295) (3296) (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:18am On Jan 17, 2023
A THREAD OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF WINDOW BLINDS WE HAVE AT ATLANTIC INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR.

1) DAY & NIGHT WINDOW BLINDS:
Day & Night blinds which is also known as dual blinds due it two layers of fabrics, it is made up two vertically special stripes of fabrics.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 10:20am On Jan 17, 2023
2) VENETIAN BLINDS.
Venetian blinds are window coverings with horizontal slats made of wood, aluminium, or plastic. The slats are located one above another. The blinds are held by cords or fabric tapes. This makes it possible to rotate the slats in unison.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:06am On Jan 17, 2023
Your Spanish floor tile available
Still your blessed sunny global tiles dealer

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
BrickDevo:

Nice floor plan, i like the flow, i will suggest you take an engineer and ask for a quotation, then drop it here let our professionals here comment on it.
So you like as the visitors toilet dey direct inside parlour? I no like toilet inside parlour sha.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 2:12pm On Jan 17, 2023
diordaves:

So you like as the visitors toilet dey direct inside parlour? I no like toilet inside parlour sha.

My brother, those visitors toilets sef. They will look nice in the drawing but by the time you start using them, you understand the real thing. Not every visitor knows how to use it and by the time they mess up your house two times, you will be forced to lock it up.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 2:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Rany4all:
It may be negligible to some, but not to others. That is an entirely subjective matter, and should be left to the client to decide. Haven personally experienced both scenarios, for me it is worth every extra penny.
Well I can't disagree with you, we are all saying same thing from different perspectives....

@bolded carry the tank to the top of Burj Khalifa na
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hatesin:

My brother, those visitors toilets sef. They will look nice in the drawing but by the time you start using them, you understand the real thing. Not every visitor knows how to use it and by the time they mess up your house two times, you will be forced to lock it up.
There's nothing fanciful about having a toilet inside a Palour....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
diordaves:

Well People do it, that may be it the only flaw
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2023
bobkezel:

I don't even fancy it inside the ante room let alone the living room. Putting a toilet anywhere in my ante room or the living room & enduring a foul smell each time is like building to satisfy a visitor rather than myself.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hatesin:

I don't even fancy it inside the ante room let alone the living room. Putting a toilet anywhere in my ante room or the living room & enduring a foul smell each time is like building to satisfy a visitor rather than myself.
If built well, that foul smell will not be an issue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 4:47pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hatesin:

Where else then would your visitor go use a toilet? In your bedroom or the next compound? Maybe throw their waste over the fence?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:56pm On Jan 17, 2023
There is a client i did a job here, client have refused to drop a good review for me, inze refused too, if you are seeing this picture i still need that review, kindly drop it for me. Please

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
en1gma12:

Thank you so much Mr kopell. I've actually been following Mr abdulwastecx's works, but as we've seen on this thread some people are usually different in real life from Nairaland.[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]Have you worked with him directly before? Or Mr hajivince? Also, any tips for me especially on starting a project? Are there things I must do? Once again, thanks for responding.

@En1gma12

Dm if you want a first hand review of Hajivince....I will give you the good, the bad and the Ugly side of dealing with him. I'm the owner of the project he worked on in Abuja Last Year..... We ended the Contract at Carcass Sometimes in NoV 2022.

I can also tell you a thing or Two about Abdulwastcx....He bidded for the job along side Hajivince and Rotecch....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
topsy23:

Go permanent net and let it be install at the external part
Exactly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 5:16pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hello Good People...
Contact us for your Waterproofing, Damp-proofing, Stamped Concrete and Construction Services.

Call/WhatsApp 07039310763
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2023
Akerewe:

How possible, 6" inch blocks for a storey building? Am learning new things here oh Lord. Pls the op should walk me tru the process
We are the ones so rigid with our method, there are various ways/materials to wall a building.
Note: the structural part must have been done perfectly fine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KOTF: 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2023
good day everyone,i am a student,i am urgently in need of a job as a mason
[bricklayer } to offset school bills,i am available for any site job at any ongoing building project{s}.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 6:19pm On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=Olumighty123 post=120124656]

Where else then would your visitor go use a toilet? In your bedroom or the next compound? Maybe throw their waste over the fence?[/quote

Good question. In planning a house, how the owner intends to use the house should be Paramount in zoning the features of the house. So because Me. A has his V.T in the living room must not mean every other house will be like that. Mr. B reserves the right not to have any V.T in his own house at all, while Mr. C can choose to locate his at any other place other than the ante room or the living room provided he is ok with it.
The bottom line should be for the owner to know how he wants to use his house. Then as for me, I will personally site my V.T behind the house where it will be accessed from the compound because some visitors will end up in the compound without entering the house and also in the case of having an outdoor event, accessing the toilet by many persons wouldn't be a problem.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 6:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
I've been to a few houses where the V.T. is sited by the gate close to the security post. I think it's also an idea worth considering.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2023
Hatesin:

In one of my builds, it's hidden from the ante room, there's no direct door from the ante room to the visitor's toilet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2023
This issue of visitor's toilet I remember I was angry at the engineer for changing the initial plan of the toilet being inside cos it was a norm for me....but now I'm happy with what he did.. Some said it wasn't secure for the door of the toilet to be outside though but I'm glad he was so stubborn to not listen..

My dad's house the visitor's toilet is in the anteroom and I remember the smell that comes out when used my bomb producing visitors... grin grin it wasn't funny though

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
money121:
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Auchi Edo State

Roof Design :Longspan ( Mentral Design)
Colour:Grey biegi
Guage: 0.45mm

That's how Aluminium parapet look on roofing

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Just curious. Can this aluminum parapet be installed on old long span roof? What is the price range per meter? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2023
Check my signature we are still in business

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:10pm On Jan 17, 2023
nwaorlu:

Just curious. Can this aluminum parapet be installed on old long span roof? What is the price range per meter? Thanks

Yes
You will just convert the woodwork to aluminium parapet Woodwork

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
[quote author=Hatesin post=120127354][/quote]

So if rain dey fall and your visitors want to go toilet, dem go enter rain go backyard go piss, enter rain come back?

I go kuku piss or sh_it for body then. Why I go enter rain go piss because I come visit you.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2023
Olumighty123:

Where else then would your visitor go use a toilet? In your bedroom or the next compound? Maybe throw their waste over the fence?
Are you not a builder? Why ask us... If you know your onion you should know how/where to perfectly site a VT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
diordaves:

So if rain dey fall and your visitors want to go toilet, dem go enter rain go backyard go piss, enter rain come back?

I go kuku piss or sh_it for body then. Why I go enter rain go piss because I come visit you.
Shit for your body na, wetin konsan me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2023
uncleteeh:

We are the ones so rigid with our method, there are various ways/materials to wall a building.
Note: the structural part must have been done perfectly fine.
Yes u r right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 11:28pm On Jan 17, 2023
dapotemi:
Plsss o i need 6 twyford toilet and 6 kitchen wash hand basin..its a mini hostel so i need something basics ,nothing spectacular abeg ..site is in mowe.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Siunit26: 2:19am On Jan 18, 2023
bobkezel:

One of the reasons most people think is better is that their parlor is a room at 9t for visitors.
They can easily use it without going outside grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:14am On Jan 18, 2023
We are here in the city of ibadan

Let’s do this…

Pop & wall screeding

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:23am On Jan 18, 2023
@MrOkenwa

Hope you're able to resolve your issue.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3294) (3295) (3296) (3297) (3298) (3299) (3300) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Juxtix88, RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.