Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,095 members, 7,818,283 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4395334 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2023
bolu1986:

But you know you won’t patronize him yet u want him to and go measurements for you for free
Read his last message. He says he knows how / where to arrange for the quality brands.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:41pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

That is why it’s called affordable. Even panu that some people use, they don’t have problems with it.
Not everyone will patronize you. Those with good taste won’t. There is nowhere you can justify a #4000 per square roofing sheet with # 9000 per square roofing sheet.
Common sense should let you know that you have not been in the market for up 20 years for significant difference to start showing.
I want my roof to last a lifetime, and I went with a product that is tested and trusted over time.

If nothing happen to the roofing sheet within that above year
You can visit the site and damage it now grin grin
MR EXPENSIVE

You will be alrty

Yes not everybody will patronize me and not everyone will stick to your rules that he should visit ur site without paying him tfare, i don't think that should be arguement
If you can't pay the person tfare look for somewhere closeby to purchase your goods.. nobody force you
Soldier go Soldier Come barrack No dey dry
Know this and know peace..
And i don't think av ever come to your Dm or force you to patronize me does that know my quality keep coming back... tongue tongue thank God for that

Goodnite Mr Favourite grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
Contact me@ 07015190604..08082855462 call me (WhatsApp enable)
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com
ON TILES

We have Spanish tiles, Italian tiles, China tiles and Nigerian tiles etc

TYPES OF TILES

Ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vetrified tiles, quarrytiles, Bricktiles, stones etc

CATEGORY

Wall and SIZE

COLOR AND SIZE IN TILES:

All available and assorted

Contact me@ 07015190604 08082855462 callnme
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com

DOORS
We have China door, Turkey door, German door.

TYPE:
Stainless door
Steel door
American panels door,
Wooden door,
aluminum door,
PVC door

SIZES AND COLOR:
All the usual color and size available and assorted

More assorted for more demand

WE ARE HERE TO DELIVER YOU DEMAND

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:43pm On Apr 02, 2023
bolu1986:

But you know you won’t patronize him yet u want him to and go measurements for you for free
His not refering to me ooo grin grin
Just whyning him so he can mention the roofer his refering to
Not me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:46pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Read his last message. He says he knows how / where to arrange for the quality brands.

tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:53pm On Apr 02, 2023
money121:

If nothing happen to the roofing sheet within that above year
You go visit the site and damage it now grin grin
MR EXPENSIVE

You will be alrty

Yes not everybody will patronize me and not everyone will stick to your rules that he should visit ur site without paying him tfare, i don't think that should be arguement
If you can't pay the person tfare look for somewhere closeby to purchase your goods.. nobody force you
Soldier go Soldier Come barrack No dey dry
Know this and know peace..
And i don't think av ever come to your Dm or force you to patronize me does that know my quality keep coming back... tongue tongue thank God for that

Goodnite Mr Favourite grin grin
No cheap roof would last 20 years. Even ten years is a bonus. To me it’s penny wise pound foolish.
The few gentlemen I have patronize here, none of them have ever begged or dm me for patronage.
So, don’t assume they are sneaky.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

No cheap roof would last 20 years. Even ten years is a bonus. To me it’s penny pound wise pound foolish.
The few gentlemen I have patronize here, none of them have ever begged or dm me for patronage.
So, don’t assume they are sneaky.
You will be alrty laslas don't worry grin grin
Goodnite
Need to wakeup for sahur mind you we continue tomorrow cool cool
Unless you mention the roofer that request for 25k from you
Stop capping on internet tongue tongue tongue
We know your type
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:59pm On Apr 02, 2023
money121:

His not refering to me ooo grin grin
Just whyning him so he can mention the roofer his refering to
Not me
Conscience is an open wound.
Have you ever requested for someone to send you #25k for transportation to East?
If yes, then you are the one
If no, then it’s not you I was was talking about.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
money121:

You will be alrty laslas don't worry grin grin
Goodnite
Need to wakeup for sahur mind you we continue tomorrow cool cool
Unless you mention the roofer that request for 25k from you
Stop capping on internet tongue tongue tongue
We know your type
It’s not even that this is something you wouldn’t do. So, why worry?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:02pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Conscience is an open wound.
Have you ever requested for someone to send you #25k for transportation to East?
If yes, then you are the one
If no, then it’s not you I was was talking about.
Mention the member stop capping on faceless forum tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:04pm On Apr 02, 2023
money121:

Mention the member stop capping on faceless forum tongue
If I say you are the one, what difference does that make?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

If I say you are the one, what difference does that make?
Lies tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:15pm On Apr 02, 2023
money121:

Lies tongue
Lies that you were going to bed for the night?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:22pm On Apr 02, 2023
sonnie10:

Somebody else came from Warri at no cost and got the job. That was almost #8M. Another sent someone from Nnewi and said he gave the person #5k for transportation, but he did not get the job because he didn’t have Tilcor which was my choice as compared to other roofing sheets.
It is the cost of doing business.

However my issue with this particular member here was the arrogance from demanding this transportation fee payment up front like it was an entitlement.

There is a cost of doing business, agreed!

As to your last paragraph, it goes to show something I have said before, people do business with people they like, so everyone cannot and will not be a client/customer, because everyone cannot like you.

Thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2023
FEGEITOK:

There is a cost of doing business, agreed!

As to your last paragraph, it goes to show something I have said before, people do business with people they like, so everyone cannot and will not be a client/customer, because everyone cannot like you.

Thanks for clarifying.

Most times it’s not the person or the money but their attitude.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2023
I really don't understand. Why will you expect someone to leave his location and come to yours across different states just to take measurement when there's no assurance you'll give him the job?

Why not just patronise those around you? You're lucky he didn't ask you to pay for his flight to and fro.

You want to give someone a job of 8M but you can't pay his 25k transport. So if his transport indeed costs 25k and he goes to four of such places without getting the jobs, 100k is gone. How much is he making from the jobs?

Every contractor knows you'll probably get to execute 3 (or less) out of every 10 quotations you send. Why will any sensible contractor risk his life and waste his money on something with such a low probability of success?

15 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2023
Itsrm:
I really don't understand. Why will you expect someone to leave his location and come to yours across different states just to take measurement when there's no assurance you'll give him the job?

Why not just patronise those around you? You're lucky he didn't ask you to pay for his flight to and fro.

You want to give someone a job of 8M but you can't pay his 25k transport. So if his transport indeed costs 25k and he goes to four of such places without getting the jobs, 100k is gone. How much is he making from the jobs?

Every contractor knows you'll probably get to execute 3 (or less) out of every 10 quotations you send. Why will any sensible contractor risk his life and waste his money on something with such a low probability of success?
The person from Warri came and secured the job. He did it , and did not collect any upfront advance fee (seems more like an advanced fee fraud).
It’s totally up to the vendor to do it or not. Nobody is forcing anyone.
Note Warri to core East is more expensive in terms of transportation when compared with Lagos to the same place.
Maybe its the Nigeria concept but,
Private businesses that operate emergency ambulance here are familiar with the concept .
When a 911 operator dispatches an emergency alert to the general ambulance services dashboard, all operators ( private business) would see the request. Many would move at the same time.
Anyone that gets to the scene first, picks up the patient(victim). The rest ambulances that come afterwards would return empty. No one pays them. It is the cost of doing business. An ambulance usually would have at least 3 staff, add that to the cost of gas for such heavy truck . Remember people are paid per hour here .
Nigeria will get there soon, however some people are already using that strategy, like the roofing company that came from Warri.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2023
At this point, my confusion is confused.... I am totally lost!!! Migraine!!! Anyways, thank you so much to everyone who took out time to help me sort out my predicament.. I really appreciate you all, God bless everyone of you 🙏
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2023
redgem:
At this point, my confusion is confused.... I am totally lost!!! Migraine!!! Anyways, thank you so much to everyone who took out time to help me sort out my predicament.. I really appreciate you all, God bless everyone of you 🙏
Don’t be confused.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:37am On Apr 03, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:10am On Apr 03, 2023
Itsrm:

Well put

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seepanel: 5:39am On Apr 03, 2023
hello

our building project foundation was completed approximated 8-months ago then we paused to repack our pockets.

now our blocks are hand-mould using dangote cement and removing approximately 40-blocks per bag using only sharp-sand and stone-dust.

now we were putting in the pillars, and we noticed, unlike few months ago when the blocks were strong almost like a rock, now with the rains, it's still strong, but not as strong as it used to. though workers still swear it's so much strong but personally, i know it isn't as strong as they used to be.

i want to know if the strength would return when it dries after the rains.

the foundation is about 8-months old
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seepanel: 5:46am On Apr 03, 2023
seepanel:
hello

our building project foundation was completed approximated 8-months ago then we paused to repack our pockets.

now our blocks are hand-mould using dangote cement and removing approximately 40-blocks per bag using only sharp-sand and stone-dust.

now we were putting in the pillars, and we noticed, unlike few months ago when the blocks were strong almost like a rock, now with the rains, it's still strong, but not as strong as it used to. though workers still swear it's so much strong but personally, i know it isn't as strong as they used to be.

i want to know if the strength would return when it dries after the rains.

the foundation is about 8-months old

is it normal for blocks to get a bit soft/weak during rainy season, then return back to their full original strength after the rainy season.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:53am On Apr 03, 2023
I've been to anambra to give paint quantity estimate for different colors per each section but I didn't get the job.
The person paid for my transport and quality hotel reservation and the whole trip was a pleasant experience for me so I didn't feel my 2 days was wasted.
Imagine an artisan that his work couldn't go on without his presence and who depends on regular daily pay spending his money and time and not getting the job.
Sometimes it's not all about cost of doing business or being prudent but being humane and understanding. These tokens won't make a dent in the finance of someone able to put up a structure plus it would be deducted from the payment if they get the job.
Before I'm accused of entitlement, I give painters that I don't share in their payment money for site inspection and sometimes personally add to their payment if I feel it's low and they collected it out of no choice or to please me.
We recently supplied a member ready mixed screeding putty ( basecoat) and I decided to document the process.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-gnUQ3LDANw?feature=share
https://youtube.com/shorts/1ZzeYx8g8oQ?feature=share

The video is the production process of the basecoat.
I was inspired to post this reading about the discussion on screeding and cost per sqm.
The cost for materials and labor is under N900 per sqm including transport within lagos and this being the best possible screeding material.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CivilEngineer90: 6:00am On Apr 03, 2023
sonnie10:

If you patronize any business, you are doing them a favor. They are not doing you a favor, they are working to earn a decent living, just like you worked to earn the money.
Even Coca Cola is still looking for customers.
hmmm don’t carry around this mindse because most of those workers are far better than you in terms kf archivement they just choose to play humble to secure the job bro. There are some clients I don’t drive to their site so they don’t feel intimidated and assume i charge premium so chill

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:28am On Apr 03, 2023
redgem:
I was arguing with the pop guy cos of the measurements he gave me.... I told him why is it more than the total sqm of the building and he said cos they multiply the total sqm of the building with the height of the building... Please how true is this?

For Pop ceiling: The width & length is measured = W × L.
For screeding, the wall is usually measured: The width × height = W × H. (Above ground level)

Screeding Measurements is usually more than Pop ceiling Measurements.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:29am On Apr 03, 2023
CivilEngineer90:
hmmm don’t carry around this mindse because most of those workers are far better than you in terms kf archivement they just choose to play humble to secure the job bro. There are some clients I don’t drive to their site so they don’t feel intimidated and assume i charge premium so chill
Tell him olowo igbo to shi ilekun fun ole
Mr favourite grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:31am On Apr 03, 2023
gbadexy:
I've been to anambra to give paint quantity estimate for different colors per each section but I didn't get the job.
The person paid for my transport and quality hotel reservation and the whole trip was a pleasant experience for me so I didn't feel my 2 days was wasted.
Imagine an artisan that his work couldn't go on without his presence and who depends on regular daily pay spending his money and time and not getting the job.
Sometimes it's not all about cost of doing business or being prudent but being humane and understanding. These tokens won't make a dent in the finance of someone able to put up a structure plus it would be deducted from the payment if they get the job.
Before I'm accused of entitlement, I give painters that I don't share in their payment money for site inspection and sometimes personally add to their payment if I feel it's low and they collected it out of no choice or to please me.
We recently supplied a member ready mixed screeding putty ( basecoat) and I decided to document the process.

I was inspired to post this reading about the discussion on screeding and cost per sqm.
The cost for materials and labor is under N900 per sqm including transport within lagos and this being the best possible screeding material.
God bless your hustle my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnUQ3LDANw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzeYx8g8oQ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:32am On Apr 03, 2023
Amosaloud:

Good morning madam. Please how much are they charging you for external screeding per sq metre?
Professionals in the house, what is the usual rate per square metre (labour only) for external wall screeding? Thanks for your response

₦500 per sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:40am On Apr 03, 2023
gbadexy:

Two different client in abuja paid for my flight to and fro… one I got the job the other I did not base on the fact that the building is already in an advanced stage so we can’t do much again!

He paid for my flight accommodation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:42am On Apr 03, 2023
money121:

God bless your hustle my brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gnUQ3LDANw?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzeYx8g8oQ?
Thank you sir and God bless yours too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 6:47am On Apr 03, 2023
twinskenny:

Two different client in abuja paid for my flight to and fro… one I got the job the other I did not base on the fact that the building is already in an advanced stage so we can’t do much again!

He paid for my flight accommodation.

As it should be.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3361) (3362) (3363) (3364) (3365) (3366) (3367) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: seun289(m), Godisgreatest1, seunben(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.