Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388879 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Itsrm(m): 7:59pm On Apr 07, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Even if the artisan is coming from Ibadan I’ll still give a token. Even if the artisan never came to site but consulted over the phone.

The reason I do it is for my own conscience in case I do not give that artisan the job.

I had a. Architect that came to one of my sites in Omi Adio. He worked for my builder to do Layout and pegging. He asked to see my building plan. A few days later he sent me an updated plan that was better. Eventhough I didn’t ask him to do the job I knew it’ll have taken his time so I asked for his account number.

1) Ten quotes? That’s too much. 3 is enough.

2) I’ll never ask anyone to come give a quote if they weren’t potential contractors.

3) My background just dictates that I reward artisans.

4) I’ll never ask anyone to do long travel and I’ll rather they stop by if they’re in town.

Ire o.

You have spoken well sir. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
dapotemi:

You and Erico submission fully captured my thought..This issue has been discussed here more than twice .. I have worked as an asst Facility mgr with a monthly budget of #60M and no one would approved a Kobo for anyone, whether you're Julius berger or baba lati to come and check a job and get paid transport...it's a form of 419 if you present such. 99% of guys here does B2C. But, from my pocket, I do give tips to workmen when I call them for an emergency work or sometime to quickly check and submit a quote and that is because getting those things done affect my KPI..The truth is, it's an individual thing. Not a rule of thumb..But the biz guys here should calm down, you are the one that wants to get a job and earned , you are the one that needs to be humble...those of us bringing the job here will also be humble when we get to where we make that money we bring here..Abi nau, I go humble for my oga for 30 days collect salary, I go come humble for you too because I want to pay you to to supply wood or paint, no nau, you sef reason am.I can give someone else...imagine if everyone gives someone else and not you, na you go humble last .. Well, I thinks it's a faceless forum tho, most of you don't act like this in REAL LIFE, atleast the ones have met

Your school fees was well channeled.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:50pm On Apr 07, 2023
Project update … 12flats

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:35pm On Apr 07, 2023
rotecch77:
Project update … 12flats
and I supplied the doors here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:57pm On Apr 07, 2023
What if I send the artisan tfare and story come enter (scam things) ....
What if as an artisan I use my money and travel from Abuja to lagos and story come enter (call no pick)
This is Nigeria, don't blame anyone (the artisan nor client). Our story no good.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 12:33am On Apr 08, 2023
Contact me@ 07015190604..08082855462 call me (WhatsApp enable)
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com
ON TILES

We have Spanish tiles, Italian tiles, China tiles and Nigerian tiles etc

TYPES OF TILES

Ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vetrified tiles, quarrytiles, Bricktiles, stones etc

CATEGORY

Wall and SIZE

COLOR AND SIZE IN TILES:

All available and assorted

Contact me@ 07015190604 08082855462 callnme
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com

DOORS
We have China door, Turkey door, German door.

TYPE:
Stainless door
Steel door
American panels door,
Wooden door,
aluminum door,
PVC door

SIZES AND COLOR:
All the usual color and size available and assorted

More assorted for more demand

WE ARE HERE TO DELIVER YOU DEMAND.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:48am On Apr 08, 2023
bobkezel:
What if as an artisan I use my money and travel from Abuja to lagos and story come enter (call no pick)
This is Nigeria, don't blame anyone (the artisan nor client). Our story no good.
Your only recourse would be to go to court

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:29am On Apr 08, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

We deal with all kinds of building materials such as
Tiles
Marble
Granite
Toilet
Sanitary Ware's etc
We do deliver before payment as well within Lagos only
Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:35am On Apr 08, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 9:03am On Apr 08, 2023
bobkezel:
No, you don't give money before the service but afterwards. If the artisan insists then you can look for another.

It's not mandatory but choice.
Humanity!

I remember when we lobbied for construction of students hall in MOUAU . After all the logistics, typing & printing, one or two visitations, we didn't get the job and nobody was expecting refund. It's all part of the risk factors but in a situation where l client can make consideration, it's not out of place to do so if you want. The good news is, one of the person whom we visited was the one who referred us to the politician that wok the bid.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:24am On Apr 08, 2023
dapotemi:

You and Erico submission fully captured my thought..This issue has been discussed here more than twice .. I have worked as an asst Facility mgr with a monthly budget of #60M and no one would approved a Kobo for anyone, whether you're Julius berger or baba lati to come and check a job and get paid transport...it's a form of 419 if you present such. 99% of guys here does B2C. But, from my pocket, I do give tips to workmen when I call them for an emergency work or sometime to quickly check and submit a quote and that is because getting those things done affect my KPI..The truth is, it's an individual thing. Not a rule of thumb..But the biz guys here should calm down, you are the one that wants to get a job and earned , you are the one that needs to be humble...those of us bringing the job here will also be humble when we get to where we make that money we bring here..Abi nau, I go humble for my oga for 30 days collect salary, I go come humble for you too because I want to pay you to to supply wood or paint, no nau, you sef reason am.I can give someone else...imagine if everyone gives someone else and not you, na you go humble last .. Well, I thinks it's a faceless forum tho, most of you don't act like this in REAL LIFE, atleast the ones have met
You could not have said it better its a good thing we have these kind of discos time to time so we as humans in this hard country can better regulate our expectations, Life is long no one knows where we might need help tomorrow, I personal experience on here
My Range rover decide to not move while I was coming from lagos and we were stranded at Shagamu, thos of you who followed my thread on RHD to LHD will know about this, me and the family slept at a hotel 2 nights, I called Lejuan he came all the way from island to assist, he got us going, it was even me reminding him to tell me how much I need to give him b4 he said Bro what you think is right for the job put in my account,Life no sweet like that?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:26am On Apr 08, 2023
bobkezel:
I am sure many here had got into this trap B4, it would be you ringing, calling etc for days on end, and cos you have committed you get hooked on waiting so you do not lose out until the reality hits you. My own Idea will be to factor all logistics into my final proposal .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chairmanawe(m): 12:30pm On Apr 08, 2023
I need the contact of someone that is very good at stone cladding of building
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 4:07pm On Apr 08, 2023
Sapa Sapa 🤧🤧🤧 a break is needed jare...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
dapotemi:

Boss not only KPI oooo.. it will affect monthly performance review(MPR) also
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DJInfluence: 7:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
What kind of inner doors can be fix before tiling and what kind can be fix after tiling.

I want to use hdf wooden door for the rooms but not sure yet what to use for the bathrooms which is why I wsnt to know

Also, I see similar hdf designs doors ranging in price from 80k to 200k. Just curious why the prices are so different if it's all same materials (HDF)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 9:35pm On Apr 08, 2023
HDF doors are okay for rooms. But for bathroom, I'll advise you use aluminum door.
Contact Maplewood Furniture for home furniture.

DJInfluence:
What kind of inner doors can be fix before tiling and what kind can be fix after tiling.

I want to use hdf wooden door for the rooms but not sure yet what to use for the bathrooms which is why I wsnt to know

Also, I see similar hdf designs doors ranging in price from 80k to 200k. Just curious why the prices are so different if it's all same materials (HDF)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2023
Let me show you something beautiful before you sleep

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 10:24pm On Apr 08, 2023
We are still available for ur offer, artwork design both interior and exterior design, WhatsApp number 09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2023
dapotemi:

Well said , like the being humble part

Not a one size fits all situation . The truth is that in the b2c space some businesses are well established with good reputation and patronage hence can introduce conditions such as asking for transport etc , others are more desperate for customers . As long as both parties agree , don’t see the big deal , no be by force to deal nah . Not all business/transaction is for you

All this discussion does not happen in the b2b space , can’t even begin to articulate costs i have incurred in this space without closing

There is an element of risk in all business

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:12am On Apr 09, 2023
dapotemi:

You and Erico submission fully captured my thought..This issue has been discussed here more than twice .. I have worked as an asst Facility mgr with a monthly budget of #60M and no one would approved a Kobo for anyone, whether you're Julius berger or baba lati to come and check a job and get paid transport...it's a form of 419 if you present such.

99% of guys here does B2C. But, from my pocket, I do give tips to workmen when I call them for an emergency work or sometime to quickly check and submit a quote and that is because getting those things done affect my KPI..The truth is, it's an individual thing. Not a rule of thumb..

But the biz guys here should calm down, you are the one that wants to get a job and earned , you are the one that needs to be humble

...those of us bringing the job here will also be humble when we get to where we make that money we bring here..Abi nau, I go humble for my oga for 30 days collect salary, I go come humble for you too because I want to pay you to to supply wood or paint, no nau, you sef reason am. I can give someone else... imagine if everyone gives someone else and not you, na you go humble last .. Well, I thinks it's a faceless forum tho, most of you don't act like this in REAL LIFE, atleast the ones have met

rmx:

Well said , like the being humble part

Not a one size fits all situation . The truth is that in the b2c space some businesses are well established with good reputation and patronage hence can introduce conditions such as asking for transport etc , others are more desperate for customers . As long as both parties agree , don’t see the big deal , no be by force to deal nah . Not all business/transaction is for you

All this discussion does not happen in the b2b space , can’t even begin to articulate costs i have incurred in this space without closing

There is an element of risk in all business

As for the bolded

When my company lost a long running contract....

A contract that I was so sure of (revenue which I banked on)

A contract that gave my company the majority of its revenue

The work that I had to do to fill that void

The time it took to go back to that level of revenue and exceed it that I realized that any money that comes my way is a favor and not as of right.

It does not matter how skilled your are, there are others similarly skilled if not even more skilled.

That anyone who plays a role in making me earn money should receive VIP treatment.

Also, once you have a name and reputation, you can set rules that no new entrant can set

When you are starting out, your clients will set rules for you

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter!!! I'm available for your flat Roof installations. Hidden or Open Flat Roofing System,Saves Cost,No leakages and Free from Debris.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 8:29am On Apr 09, 2023
FEGEITOK:

As for the bolded

When my company lost a long running contract....

A contract that I was so sure of (revenue which I banked on)

A contract that gave my company the majority of its revenue

The work that I had to do to fill that void

The time it took to go back to that level of revenue and exceed it that I realized that any money that comes my way is a favor and not as of right.

It does not matter how skilled your are, there are others similarly skilled if not even more skilled.

That anyone who plays a role in making me earn money should receive VIP treatment.

Also, once you have a name and reputation, you can set rules that no new entrant can set

When you are starting out, your clients will set rules for you
well said. Happy Easter to all of us.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter Holiday.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Coiner: 2:10pm On Apr 09, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2023
FOREIGN SOLAR ROOF MOUNT AVAILABLE!! LIMITED STOCK PROMO!!!

Foreign Pro solar roof mount set comprising;
4.2m rails .... 2 units
L foots & perforating screws .... 6 units
Mid clamp ....6 units
End clamp ... 4 units

Comfortably takes upto 4 units of 300w above solar panels .....

Firm promo price: N52,000

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusharp(m): 4:12pm On Apr 09, 2023
I am being charged 800k for a drop key well (water) in Ogun state... Please how fair is this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FemiHKE(m): 5:44pm On Apr 09, 2023
Happy Easter Celebration everyone

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ojeniyi123(f): 10:30pm On Apr 09, 2023
Let's handle your borehole drilling projects. WhatsApp link

https:///message/JAFUMZONU5FGD1

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbengress1: 12:19am On Apr 10, 2023
Dear all, please I was charged 1.2 million for labour cost of plastering a standard 5 bedroom duplex (excluding supervision fee). Please how much is a reasonable estimate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:05am On Apr 10, 2023
Happy Easter to everyone here,

(1) (2) (3) ... (3369) (3370) (3371) (3372) (3373) (3374) (3375) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Destiny27(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), barakah(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.