Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,331 members, 7,819,135 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399579 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:43am On Apr 24, 2023
GloriousGbola:

it is also possible , unfortunately that the plumbers who worked on the house deliberately blocked a pipe so there can be expensive post completion consultancy
I agree nothing is impossible, even though I think this should be the least likely cause anyway.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joetoocute: 9:34am On Apr 24, 2023

AIN

IPhone 12 pro max 128gb
Blue
BH :92
Scratches on Screen

IPhone 13 128gb
Red
BH 100

IPhone 13 128gb
Black
BH 89

IPhone 12 64gb
Black
BH: 86%

IPhone 12 Mini 128gb
White
BH 82%

Macbook pro 2020
M1 Chip
8gb/256gb
CC 46

Macbook Air 2020
Gold
Core i5/16gb/512gb
CC 141

Series 7 41mm
Gold

Series 3 42 mm
GPS Only
5 Units

Series 3 42mm
GPS + LTE
with charger
Gold

256gb m2 ssd 15K
1tb m2 ssd 40K

Vava Macbook type c dongle
5 in 1 expansion slot
Brand New
2 units

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:38am On Apr 24, 2023
topsy23:

Congrats for moving in to your new apartment.

Now to the issue you have in the house , you need to chambers if the waste and soil pipes are not linked to the same chamber.

Also, you need to change your floor drains to S-Trap floor drain to prevent the odour flowing back to the house. Make you all the toilet have outer Vent .

Introduce magic waste to all the basins in other to retain some water so as to prevent the bad odour as well .

Good point engr.
More so we need to know if the soil piping system is “ single stack system or double stack system”
If it’s single stack system the Odor will like come back again bcs only few plumber can handle this system properly and it required regular maintenance plus some odor prevent materials as you mentioned ( S strap, P trap, Bottle trap etc.

If it’s double stack system the OP Needs to call good handler to check all the chambers to make sure that inner part of the chambers are well SECTIONED, then he will introduce adequate vent on the SEPTIC TANK, the OP will not experience the odor again.

About 3 guys called me from here last 2 weeks about this same issue and I told them what to do I believed they are fine now.

NB.. @ OP you can send the inner part of chamber pics here to see if it’s WELL SECTIONED, I will let you know if it’s properly done or not.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:08am On Apr 24, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.245 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:27am On Apr 24, 2023
kiekie1:
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.245 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,

Good morning Sir,

Please I will like to be clear about this solar system.

This morning 24/04/2023, a newly built duplex next to mine was 'badly burnt' and we discovered that the fire came from the solar installation.

The man just left to buy wares, his 3 children (including a year old) were locked inside. The neighbors managed to jump through the fence to break the protector locks before it will be a different story.

Please how, and in what scenario can fire start from solar installation.

I would have uploaded the video for you to see but for the sake of privacy.

Just know that the entire top floor where the solar was installed was burnt to the stone coated roofing sheet. The fire spread to the kitchen. That was where the gas exploded that finished the ground floor.

God's grace this morning was the children that were saved.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:54am On Apr 24, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good morning Sir,

This morning 24/04/2023, a newly built duplex next to mine was 'badly burnt' and we discovered that the fire came from the solar installation.

The man just left to buy wares, his 3 children (including a year old) were locked inside. The neighbors managed to jump through the fence to break the protector locks before it will be a different story.

Just know that the entire top floor where the solar was installed was burnt to the stone coated roofing sheet. The fire spread to the kitchen. That was where the gas exploded that finished the ground floor.

Thank you.

you read some stories and you wish they're fictions but unfortunately,it happened to people we know.

May God save us all and our sweats

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:21am On Apr 24, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:19pm On Apr 24, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

We were here for you home owners and Engineers let us have a deal,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OmoArise(m): 12:25pm On Apr 24, 2023
Are you an engineer, builder, site supervisor or it's your personal house and you want Good qualities of roofing woods, decking woods, marine boards, plywoods and other building materials [b]at affordable prices. Please contact A.A. OMOARISE GLOBAL RESOURCES for your maximum satisfactions. Call and WhatsApp 08032339807
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 2:41pm On Apr 24, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good morning Sir,

Thank you.

Oooo this is quite a regrettable but avoidable experience when you use quality materials & deploy right expertise for the job.

Factors that can attribute to this are:
- Lack of protective & well sized AC & DC breakers & surge protective devices

- Poor / ineffective earthing

- Undersized / Low quality terminating cables thereby arcing of cables

- Unfavorable indoor temperature

- Poor quality, substandard or defective lead acid batteries etc

Troubleshooting involves a lot especially when you cut across cost and deploy substandard goods & services from photovoltaic modules alignment at the rooftop to indoor power system / energy storage system installation alongside poor earthing integration. Cheer's

For further enquiry ;
Contact,

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TCD: 2:55pm On Apr 24, 2023
sethtsadopp:
I'll like to know if there is a mini or small type of water pressure pump i can buy that will serve just my own house. So my place is a mini Estate we Terraces together, so is there a way a small pressure pump can be attached to just my own apartment that won't affect the others?

Hello Sir.

Please did u find a solution to this problem? Kindly share
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:00pm On Apr 24, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good morning Sir,

Thank you.

The cause of the fire outbreak might not be from the solar equipment. Most of the technicians have little or no knowledge of installation especially when it comes to wiring aspect. Most of the solar inverter are hybrid type with sources of charging. Either through sun or through NEPA or Gen. if the Out going of the Solar inverter are not totally separated can lead to this. It is advisable to separate Solar Inverter DB from your raw power DB. if you using single DB for both Solar and raw power hmmmm....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 4:22pm On Apr 24, 2023
sethtsadopp:
We just moved into our house 3 weeks ago. A 2 Floor 5 Room Terrace in Abuja.
But there is an issue that we have been facing. Serious smell has been coming from different parts of the house, mostly from the toilets but now it's spreading to the lounges and today we started smelling it even in the living room downstairs. I have complained to a plumber sometime ago and he came to cover the opening for the Jacuzzi in the master toilet since we haven't bought it yet and one other place. But it has gotten worse sef. From my own personal observation that smell is coming strongly from the water vents (where you take your bath) and even directly from the WC and some even coming from the other outer vent in the bathroom (the one where water is to go through if you wash the bathroom). Where do we begin to permanently tackle such and issue. It's happening in all 3 floors and I don't think there is any toilet in the house that isn't smelling.

All of the options provided by previous members are valid point. If you have access to septic enzymes like Rid X, flush down the toilet once a month. You will be amazed with the reduction in smell and other stuffs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:03pm On Apr 24, 2023
topsy23:

The cause of the fire outbreak might not be from the solar equipment. Most of the technicians have little or no knowledge of installation especially when it comes to wiring aspect. Most of the solar inverter are hybrid type with sources of charging. Either through sun or through NEPA or Gen. if the Out going of the Solar inverter are not totally separated can lead to this. It is advisable to separate Solar Inverter DB from your raw power DB. if you using single DB for both Solar and raw power hmmmm....
Just being curious...

So if someone wants to install solar in an already completed building, the person would have to install a new DB with fresh wiring?

What about a situation where the building already has 2 DB's, one for heavy appliances like AC's, water heaters and cooker unit, and the second DB for sockets and lights...would the person still need a 3rd DB for solar installation?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:11pm On Apr 24, 2023
Rany4all:
Just being curious...

So if someone wants to install solar in an already completed building, the person would have to install a new DB with fresh wiring?

What about a situation where the building already has 2 DB's, one for heavy appliances like AC's, water heaters and cooker unit, and the second DB for sockets and lights...would the person still need a 3rd DB for solar installation?

With the 2 already installed DB you can dedicate the second DB with light and socket for solar inverter . If you use the same DB for solar and raw power, remember they share the same neutral terminal and again if your earthing is not properly done you will definitely have feedback power on your raw if you test with tester because of the common neutral terminal they shared.

We have done a lot of correction on this type of installations before because of the problem they encounter

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HamtabFawaz2(m): 6:35am On Apr 25, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

Good morning Sir,

Thank you.

What a Scary story.

We Thank God for the bolded.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kebliss(m): 8:11am On Apr 25, 2023
Please I need current market rate for
Granite
Reinforcement 10mm & 12mm
6mm BRC mesh wire
River sand
Job location Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:07am On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

With the 2 already installed DB you can dedicate the second DB with light and socket for solar inverter . If you use the same DB for solar and raw power, remember they share the same neutral terminal and again if your earthing is not properly done you will definitely have feedback power on your raw if you test with tester because of the common neutral terminal they shared.

We have done a lot of correction on this type of installations before because of the problem they encounter
Ok, thanks for the explanation, but permit me ask a more direct question...

For an uncompleted residential building that is yet to be plastered but has already been piped with carcass of 2 DB's, one intended for heavy loads and the other for light loads, would you advice the owner to install another DB if he intends to add solar power as one of his home energy sources?

N/B: the house is piped to have 10 ACs, 4 water heaters and 1 cooker unit, amongst many other power and lighting points. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:46pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rany4all:
Ok, thanks for the explanation, but permit me ask a more direct question...

For an uncompleted residential building that is yet to be plastered but has already been piped with carcass of 2 DB's, one intended for heavy loads and the other for light loads, would you advice the owner to install another DB if he intends to add solar power as one of his home energy sources?

N/B: the house is piped to have 10 ACs, 4 water heaters and 1 cooker unit, amongst many other power and lighting points. Thanks.

You can use the one for lite loads( Lighting and Socket I guess) for solar Inverter, You need not to have another DB for the solar Inverter. But Make sure all the kitchen socket are on the heavy loads DB

Also make sure you loop the two DB's with pipes in case you want remove or add some loads on either of the DB

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

You can use the one for lite loads( Lighting and Socket I guess) for solar Inverter, You need not to have another DB for the solar Inverter. But Make sure all the kitchen socket are on the heavy loads DB

Also make sure you loop the two DB's with pipes in case you want remove or add some loads on either of the DB
Chai, all this na too much wahala oo, if only if The country can just get it right with just constant Power supply / electricity for 24/ 7 for the masses across the 36 states of Nigeria, it will reduce and minimize the need for generators / solar power etc

But na story, story,chop l chop government every year, and the masses continue to be the sole provider of water, Security, electricity, road etc

Anyway, let me head back to Mount Everest where l currently reside because l don't need solar power their, l am comfortable with the Heavenly daily snow tongue

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

Wonderful insight, thanks...but a have a little concern about having all kitchen sockets on heavy loads DB, since this would mean an inverter refrigerator and inverter deep freezer kept in the kitchen cannot be powered by solar or a generator connected only to the light loads DB, if I'm getting you right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:22pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rany4all:
Wonderful insight, thanks...but a have a little concern about having all kitchen sockets on heavy loads DB, since this would mean an inverter refrigerator and inverter deep freezer kept in the kitchen cannot be powered by solar or a generator connected only to the light loads DB, if I'm getting you right.

You can have them on solar inverter, It will now depends on the size of Inverter equipment you plan to install and also number of batteries
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:31pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

You can have them on solar inverter, It will now depends on the size of Inverter equipment you plan to install and also number of batteries
Ok...I guess that's when the looping of the 2 DBs comes into play, so the sockets for the inverter appliances can be removed from the heavy loads DB and added to the light loads DB, while the other kitchen sockets remain with the heavy loads DB, right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:41pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rany4all:
Ok...I guess that's when the looping of the 2 DBs comes into play, so the sockets for the inverter appliances can be removed from the heavy loads DB and added to the light loads DB, while the other kitchen sockets remain with the heavy loads DB, right?

Yeah
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SVPROJECT(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2023
Anyone has link on how i can get this exact outdoor stone decor?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:07pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

Yeah
You know your onions, thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:25pm On Apr 25, 2023
Another quick question for our electrical gurus in the house:

In the electrical drawing attached below, please what does the abbreviation "Pabs" stand for? Thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rany4all:

In the electrical drawing attached below, please what does the abbreviation "Pabs" stand for? Thanks.

The correct abbreviation is PABX and it is called Private Automatic Branch Exchange. It is for telephone

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:35pm On Apr 25, 2023
topsy23:

The correct abbreviation is PABX and it is called Private Automatic Branch Exchange. It is for telephone
Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Rany4all:

Pabx should be telephone point
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 6:48pm On Apr 25, 2023
We are still available for ur neat and quality artwork, WhatsApp via,+2349058432795

(1) (2) (3) ... (3380) (3381) (3382) (3383) (3384) (3385) (3386) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jiday4(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.