Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,211 members, 7,836,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4444230 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 7:16am On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

The airline aren't picking calls. I think it's human error from her side that she couldn't locate the proper terminal somewhat.
Thanks sir

That will probably be on her. But who knows she might be lucky getting on another plane if its operated by the same airline at not extra cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 7:36am On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

The airline aren't picking calls. I think it's human error from her side that she couldn't locate the proper terminal somewhat.
Thanks sir

Why not try the airline's social media page if they have one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:42am On Jul 15, 2023
Beframia:

Why not try the airline's social media page if they have one.
We have all been calling them without any response.
They sent me a message on Facebook to contact all the numbers on their website that we have already been calling and I informed the handler without any response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:19am On Jul 15, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

I’m trying to locate the architect so I can purchase a copy.

Good day sir, something exact or with additional uniqueness can be done for you sir by OAKGroup.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by U09ce: 10:37am On Jul 15, 2023
Hello gurus of the house, I installed my aluminium windows and didn't remove the yellow adhesive until it got sun burnt. Now, I've been trying to peel it off but to no avail. Any suggestion for me please? Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:22pm On Jul 15, 2023
uncleteeh:

Good day sir, something exact or with additional uniqueness can be done for you sir by OAKGroup.

Unfortunately I support architects like these that shows their floor plans. You guys don’t.

It’ll take time but I’ll find him.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:
Unrelated post but I need assistance to locate my mum stranded in Egypt airport. Her destination is Canada but she got stranded at Egypt airport during stopover and missed her connecting flight. Her phone is off now but she said the officials were speaking Arabic and weren't of help when asked to give them phone. I've contacted Nigerian embassy and the Egypt air and await response but need more ideas and assistance in locating her since she would still be within the airport as she can't clear immigration.

Tag Abike Dabiri. She can help connect to Nigerians in Egypt and they would help locate your mum on time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
MeineMutter:

Tag Abike Dabiri. She can help connect to Nigerians in Egypt and they would help locate your mum on time.
Alright sir. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2023
AAMTiling:
TGIF.

We're still available for all your tiling needs.
* Wall tiling
* Floor tiling
* Interior
* Exterior tiling
* Swimming pool tiling etc

Call or Whatsapp: O7068853073

I personally would have found this unacceptable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:15pm On Jul 15, 2023
Olumighty123:

Remove this second picture bro. It doesn't speak well of your service. Man to Man advice

I didn’t even see this comment before making mine.

He needs better tool to cut angles. Tools I have and I’m not even advertising myself as a professional tiler. I hope he takes our good faith suggestions as constructive criticism.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2023
Vocals:

It's 30mins drive to SGM

For Ogun State, it's around foursquare camp Ajebo
While Oyo state, its after Idi-ayunre LGA office, and both are 20 mins drive across each state

Why not just drop a Google map link?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CDG1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 15, 2023
Job Title: Business Representative (Granites Aggregates Supply)

Company Overview:
Our company is a leading supplier of granites aggregates in Lagos, Nigeria. We provide high-quality granites aggregates to construction companies, contractors, and individuals for various construction projects. With our commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction, we have established a strong presence in the market and aim to expand our operations further.

Job Summary:
We are seeking a dynamic and results-driven Business Representative to join our team. The primary responsibility of this role is to establish and maintain strong relationships with potential and existing clients, promote our granites aggregates supply, and drive sales growth. The Business Representative will play a key role in expanding our business presence in the Lagos market and achieving sales targets.

Responsibilities:
1. Identify and target potential clients within the construction industry, contractors, and individuals in need of granites aggregates.
2. Build and maintain relationships with existing clients to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
3. Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and pricing strategies.
4. Develop and implement sales strategies to achieve sales targets and increase market share.
5. Generate and follow up on leads to secure new business opportunities.
6. Prepare and deliver professional presentations, proposals, and price quotations to prospective clients.
7. Negotiate and close sales deals while ensuring profitability and customer satisfaction.
8. Collaborate with the operations team to ensure timely and accurate delivery of granites aggregates to clients.
9. Provide exceptional customer service by addressing and resolving client complaints or issues.
10. Keep updated records of sales activities, customer interactions, and market feedback in the CRM system.
11. Stay abreast of industry trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to identify business opportunities and develop effective sales strategies.

Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field.
2. Proven experience as a Business Representative or similar role in the construction materials industry.
3. Excellent knowledge of granites aggregates market in Lagos, Nigeria.
4. Strong communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
5. Self-motivated with a target-driven mindset and ability to work independently.
6. Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships.
7. Exceptional presentation and persuasive skills.
8. Proficiency in MS Office.

This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to contribute to the growth and success of a reputable granites aggregates supply company in Lagos, Nigeria. If you are passionate about the construction industry, have a proven track record in sales, and possess excellent communication and negotiation skills, we encourage you to apply for this position.

Calebemales@gmail.com
07026691840 or 08126254470

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Unfortunately I support architects like these that shows their floor plans. You guys don’t.

It’ll take time but I’ll find him.

Thanks.

😆😃😅
This is a serious one.
Ok sir, we too will try to be get better
Thanks for replying sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:05pm On Jul 15, 2023
uncleteeh:

😆😃😅
This is a serious one.
Ok sir, we too will try to be get better
Thanks for replying sir.

Full respect extended and no ill will or malice intended Sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

Alright sir. Thanks

Which airport in Egypt?

Last you communicated with her, did she tell you what terminal she was on?

Note to all and myself: whenever you have anyone stranded in a place and maybe their battery is dying or what not.. just tell them to stay in one place maybe a big business like shoprite etc..or a bank or a terminal (if it's an airport) and let you know what terminal that is..

In that way, it is easier to trace them.. now in our situation here.. everyone, even the airline will see the task as voluminous to look around in the airport for her.. but if the search area is narrowed down , it will be easier..

Also, if you can assess the airline here in Nigeria.. I am sure they will have a way to communicate with their counterparts and maybe make announcements in airport and try to find her.

Cheers!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

Alright sir. Thanks
You see Egypt air, for free I no go enter. Las las, them fit even call you to send return ticket money.
Them no like to help at all, especially when them see Nigerians. But na for Nigeria them dey make all their money.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Blessed sunny global investment home of building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 5:51pm On Jul 15, 2023
What's the update? Have you been able to locate her?
gbadexy:

We have all been calling them without any response.
They sent me a message on Facebook to contact all the numbers on their website that we have already been calling and I informed the handler without any response.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
Beframia:

What's the update? Have you been able to locate her?
Yes sir. The airline at Toronto were of much help. They weren't on ground when my folks got there but once there the agent was able to determine she boarded the flight an hour before arrival.
I wanted to get confirmation from my folks before giving update.
Thank you very much for your concern.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
sonnie10:

You see Egypt air, for free I no go enter. Las las, them fit even call you to send return ticket money.
Them no like to help at all, especially when them see Nigerians. But na for Nigeria them dey make all their money.
She is with my folks now. I would not deal with that airline anytime soon.
They don't have functioning numbers or active social media presence and were lackadaisical.
Despite how organized people are saying they are, I don't think it would take so long to reach contact numbers in Nigeria. Even the Nigerian embassy there didn't respond. Those ones are just wasting rent money there.
You are appreciated sir. Lessons are also learnt

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
Badgers14:

Which airport in Egypt?

Last you communicated with her, did she tell you what terminal she was on?

Note to all and myself: whenever you have anyone stranded in a place and maybe their battery is dying or what not.. just tell them to stay in one place maybe a big business like shoprite etc..or a bank or a terminal (if it's an airport) and let you know what terminal that is..

In that way, it is easier to trace them.. now in our situation here.. everyone, even the airline will see the task as voluminous to look around in the airport for her.. but if the search area is narrowed down , it will be easier..

Also, if you can assess the airline here in Nigeria.. I am sure they will have a way to communicate with their counterparts and maybe make announcements in airport and try to find her.

Cheers!!
She is with my people. I think her phone battery went off. It was the series of confusing messages sent to my brother that made him panic when we couldn't reach her via WhatsApp again. Thanks very much for your concern sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:31pm On Jul 15, 2023
MeineMutter:

Those ones are busy politicking. We thank God she has been located. Thank you very much sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:33pm On Jul 15, 2023
Nero2424:

That will probably be on her. But who knows she might be lucky getting on another plane if its operated by the same airline at not extra cost.
It wasn't a matter of ticket payment but locating her safely. We thank God she is safe and sound.
Thank you sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
I appreciate all the concern the advice. I'm grateful.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:38pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

She is with my people. I think her phone battery went off. It was the series of confusing messages sent to my brother that made him panic when we couldn't reach her via WhatsApp again. Thanks very much for your concern sir.

You are welcome and I am glad it was all smiles at the end..

Remember, we learn from events and I do hope other people will learn from this incident as well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

Yes sir. The airline at Toronto were of much help. They weren't on ground when my folks got there but once there the agent was able to determine she boarded the flight an hour before arrival.
I wanted to get confirmation from my folks before giving update.
Thank you very much for your concern.

That's great.
Thank God.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
Badgers14:

You are welcome and I am glad it was all smiles at the end..

Remember, we learn from events and I do hope other people will learn from this incident as well.
From hindsight, I should have located other families or more reassuring looking people traveling to her destination and paired her with them or at least introduce them so that she can tag along and observe how they navigate there.
While ensuring she had enough data, I didn't check the battery level or ensured the charger is within easy reach in the waist bag with her documents.
More solid arrangement should have been made to cover the stages during the stopover.
Definitely no traveling alone for elderly people especially if it involves stop over.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
gbadexy:

From hindsight, I should have located other families or more reassuring looking people traveling to her destination and paired her with them or at least introduce them so that she can tag along and observe how they navigate there.
While ensuring she had enough data, I didn't check the battery level or ensured the charger is within easy reach in the waist bag with her documents.
More solid arrangement should have been made to cover the stages during the stopover.
Definitely no traveling alone for elderly people especially if it involves stop over.

It's all good Chief, we live - we learn grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2023
U09ce:
Hello gurus of the house, I installed my aluminium windows and didn't remove the yellow adhesive until it got sun burnt. Now, I've been trying to peel it off but to no avail. Any suggestion for me please? Thanks
u should have removed the label and put installation lylon before installing it, it's very difficult to remove now, it's only wash u can wash it away, and u have to be careful so dat it will not scratch the aluminum profile,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 1:05am On Jul 16, 2023
gbadexy:

She is with my folks now. I would not deal with that airline anytime soon.
They don't have functioning numbers or active social media presence and were lackadaisical.
Despite how organized people are saying they are, I don't think it would take so long to reach contact numbers in Nigeria. Even the Nigerian embassy there didn't respond. Those ones are just wasting rent money there.
You are appreciated sir. Lessons are also learnt
Glory be to God. Next time you guys should arrange her traveling to be accompanied by someone.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rapunzel403: 4:50am On Jul 16, 2023
sonnie10:

You are right. The company told me that I should be careful so they don’t switch the keys and engine because it is very expensive. They said something like #150k
Please Sonnie can I contact you as regards the doors? I wish to see the pics of the door and to get the company contact number. 🙏 Thanks in anticipation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Vocals: 5:58am On Jul 16, 2023

(1) (2) (3) ... (3426) (3427) (3428) (3429) (3430) (3431) (3432) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: valencia2012(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Okikiola914(m), kinibigdeal(m), BizTrust, rotecch77(m), Petmayor, Aduragbemi45(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.