Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3479) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389638 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:11am On Sep 18, 2023
n3xt:

For me, Quality Stonewall Tiles is always a winner any day any time.

=======

Had this installed more than a decade ago. Still looking great.

No maintenance. No polish.
Fact
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:55am On Sep 18, 2023
StemCellTherapi:

I am not the one that fixed it.

And I doubt those that did carried out any survey.

A geophysical survey is very essential. That would have informed you the appropriate spot and other parameters that the site of drilling has.
I did mine in one village called Orilemo along Abeoukuta road. It is very clean.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:58am On Sep 18, 2023
acorntree:

It's normal, it will surely stopped with time. After a year you won't notice that again. Always allow the water to settle before you start using it for now

I doubt the normalcy in this situation. It's more than a year already.
The one you are talking about is not a one year thing. With a week of constant pumping the water should be clean with no particles.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:01am On Sep 18, 2023
44chux:

But the thing is, dishonesty is actually part of the business (If you know, you know).

Property/Construction is nearly equivalent to owning a mint.

So many ways to make a killing without necessarily doing quality work.

Very destructive to discover after the fact that quality work wasn't done.

Very easy to give the appearance of quality work even when substandard work was done.

The time it takes before bad quality workmanship is revealed makes it pretty hard to pin it on the builder.

Let me not get started on the ignorance of Tom, Dick and Harry who may have money to contract a builder but not the knowledge to understand when a rip off is occurring right under his or her nose

I also think that construction/building law is still in its infancy in Nigeria. The kind of watertight construction contracts you can get in the West hasn't yet found its way here.

These factors contribute to making it akin to owning a private mint

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 8:24am On Sep 18, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Property/Construction is nearly equivalent to owning a mint.

So many ways to make a killing without necessarily doing quality work.

Very destructive to discover after the fact that quality work wasn't done.

Very easy to give the appearance of quality work even when substandard work was done.

The time it takes before bad quality workmanship is revealed makes it pretty hard to pin it on the builder.

Let me not get started on the ignorance of Tom, Dick and Harry who may have money to contract a builder but not the knowledge to understand when a rip off is occurring right under his or her nose

I also think that construction/building law is still in its infancy in Nigeria. The kind of watertight construction contracts you can get in the West hasn't yet found its way here.

These factors contribute to making it akin to owning a private mint

The other issue is corruption. If you have to pay 15 to 20% of your contract as egunje, most of your profit is already gone.

And the people shaking you down know this and do not care.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The other issue is corruption. If you have to pay 15 to 20% of your contract as egunje, most of your profit is already gone.

And the people shaking you down know this and do not care.

True that.

My list wasn't exhaustive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 8:52am On Sep 18, 2023
Give your construction projects to a professional Engineer call or chat 08099212590 we can give you bill of quantity as well for a token.
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:08am On Sep 18, 2023
Notice the surge in Fraudsters and gang of thieves infiltrating the thread.

DON'T ENGAGE ANY ARTISAN WITHOUT ASKING ABOUT THEIR HISTORY HERE ON THIS PLATFORM.

DON'T BE DECIEVED BY THEIR DECEITFUL POSTS AND RECYCLED PICTURES.

YOU WILL LOOSE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2023
emmyN:

You are so despicable! angry

That is the type of lie you read here daily in the name of solution.

It is called 'desperate lie'...

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2023
Godisgreatest1:

That is the type of lie you read here daily in the name of solution.

It is called 'desperate lie'...

I was here two years ago, so I am aware of his antecedents. I even spoke out for him because I thought he deserved a little fair hearing, but dude is hardened.

Is he cursed? I think so!

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 9:37am On Sep 18, 2023
Rany4all:
Why is it that Nigerian blind makers hardly do inside-mounted blinds? Is it because most of your clients actually prefer these outside-mounted ones or you guys just don't offer the alternative as an option?

Firstly the window here has burglary that was mounted outside so such inside mounted blind can not work.

Check out the picture in frame 1 it explains

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:54am On Sep 18, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:

Firstly the window here has burglary that was mounted outside so such inside mounted blind can not work.

Check out the picture in frame 1 it explains
Yeah I saw that before, but I wasn't referring to just that particular job. Most, if not all you've shared, that I've seen on this forum are outside-mounted if I'm not mistaken. The ones posted by other artisans are mostly outside-mounted as well. Even in real life, the ones I've seen in people's homes are all the same, including the ones in my own home.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:00am On Sep 18, 2023
Muyesky:
MUST GO!!! Available for immediate delivery (one time offer). Can also be changed to another color of choice at an extra charge of 50k.

This colour will fit in very well for sch building

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2023
rotecch77:

This colour will fit in very well for sch building

It was actually constructed for a scoop but land grabbers showed him their true colors. He has asked that I dispose.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2023
Nomyth:
Guys,

Between stone tiles and South African bricks, which will you recommend for the exterior walls of a building?

1. No matter the quality of stone tiles it will later fade a bit
2.it will later looks like Old fashion( outdated)
3. Original Uk or SA brick will not fade and the designs will remains as that for many decades.

Check this old brick building finishings , it’s still trending till today.

You can also use real stone tiles ( pics attached

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:48am On Sep 18, 2023
Good
Morning

We are still available for your pop & wall screeding

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 2:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ojeniyi123(f): 3:04pm On Sep 18, 2023
Are you on the lookout for a trustworthy borehole drilling company? Call/WhatsApp 09032355652
Lagos
Oyo
Abeokuta and it's environments

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2023
Good Evening Gents.
Hope we are all doing well?

I need a Referral from members of this family, for a friend who needs a Professional that can install a Water Purifier in his House.
The Color of the Water, l am told is[b] rusty brown[/b] because it contains iron/Ferrous.

Please, if you have a reliable link, kindly drop the Installers Number here, so l can pass it onwards.

Thanks in advance.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2023
Rany4all:
Yeah I saw that before, but I wasn't referring to just that particular job. Most, if not all you've shared, that I've seen on this forum are outside-mounted if I'm not mistaken. The ones posted by other artisans are mostly outside-mounted as well. Even in real life, the ones I've seen in people's homes are all the same, including the ones in my own home.

I have done something like that in the past , most clients always want everything covered
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 6:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
*URGENT REQUEST*

My client is looking to make an outright purchase of a block of flats of at least six flats with a budget of 300m net. Location Sangotedo upwards Lekki. Priority brief time is of the essence money is on ground!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sleamzy06(m): 6:41pm On Sep 18, 2023
good day experts, please see attached.

old project resurrected, there's no column in between the arcs of both flats. This has caused a tear in the wall.

what are possible solutions?

thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:14pm On Sep 18, 2023
Chekitaut:
Fact

It’s only a fact when you don’t go and buy those cheap stuffs called Spanish tiles.

I bought Country Clay by STN from Home Depot. It’s different from the Chinese knockoffs.

A sqm is around €20 now 🌚

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
n3xt:
Hollow Clay Floor Slab Blocks For Sale

I have 1000 PCs of Hollow Clay Floor Slab Blocks for sale at a very good price.

Dimension: 200 x 400 x 250mm

Still available ✅
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by braveboi4life: 8:28pm On Sep 18, 2023
Greetings everyone,

I would need professional advice here, am undertaking a building project in owerri precisely and currently preparing for roofing, and don't want to take things for granted though it's for commercial purpose

I want to know the best roofing sheet to use in terms of durability, resistance to corrosion, permeability and strength

Also what's the best kind of wood to be used, other additional information will be useful.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
braveboi4life:
Greetings everyone,

I would need professional advice here, am undertaking a building project in owerri precisely and currently preparing for roofing, and don't want to take things for granted though it's for commercial purpose

I want to know the best roofing sheet to use in terms of durability, resistance to corrosion, permeability and strength

Also what's the best kind of wood to be used, other additional information will be useful.

Thanks

for roofing shit use stone coated 0.5 guage or Aluminum 0.7.
wood personally I prefer HAND SAW WOOD. (DANTA , ABURA, EKI...)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
lastpage:
Good Evening Gents.

I need a Referral from members of this family, for a friend who needs a Professional that can install a Water Purifier in his House.
The Color of the Water, l am told is[b] rusty brown[/b] because it contains iron/Ferrous.

Please, if you have a reliable link, kindly drop the Installers Number here, so l can pass it onwards.

Thanks in advance.

Lastpage!

Twale baba agabalagba 🙌

You matter!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 10:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
lastpage:
Good Evening Gents.

Thanks in advance.

Lastpage!

Good to have you bro... it's been a while

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:26pm On Sep 18, 2023
n3xt:

Twale baba agabalagba 🙌

You matter!

segcymoor:

Good to have you bro... it's been a while

I dey "doballe" for you Old School Members here! Its been quite an age!!

I remember this is where to be, if you need help on anything that has to do with Building/Construction.
I hope the Business has expanded beyond imagination?

Kindly give me a referral on a Professionals that install Water Purifier (kind of Twin Tanks that contain Manganese Dioxide and some airator like Chlorine, etc.).

Where is Egungun, Hajj Mufty, and the rest of our gang? I hope all are doing well and my get well wishes to @Egungun, l heard that he got involved in a Motorbike accident.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
sleamzy06:
good day experts, please see attached.

old project resurrected, there's no column in between the arcs of both flats. This has caused a tear in the wall.

what are possible solutions?

thanks

You might need to check the structural integrity of the whole building first.
Can you build on what you have on ground or do you have to pull it down and start fresh blocks?
This is very important.

Assuming what is on ground is still strong and the only problem, as you stated, is the Arches not having Pillars:
- You can chisel back "half length of the Block" on which those Arches rest on (provide Bamboo/Wooden support for the Arches before doing this so the dont fall down).

- Dig a bit into the Concrete Floor
- Put prepared Column Irons
- Encase the remaining art of the chiseled-back block (with the Column Iron placed across its face, touching the floor and the Arch resting on the top of the iron) on its three remaining sides.

That should provide you with the Column support needed to keep the Arches in place
- Introduce a rich mix of slurry Concrete into it, from the top.
- rebuild the Wall thereafter. You can also chain the Arches to the Lintel, to form a strong surround Structure that hold each other together and in place.

Caveat: I am not a Structural Engineer or builder, l am just an experienced Enthusiast and my Free Advice is provided "as it is".
For more professional Advice, kindly source a qualified Engineer.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:46pm On Sep 18, 2023
DON'T BE DECIEVED, HOLD YOUR POCKETS AND BAGS.

-Ask questions here, publicly, to know who is who.
-Do your investigations
-Use the 'search' bar to see for yourself
-Don't be too fast to engage anyone, you will pay dearly.
-FRAUDSTERS' DON'T CHANGE.
-FRAUDSTER'S ALSO GIVE ADVICE AND PROVIDE SOLUTIONS HERE.

You have been informed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3476) (3477) (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Gen2men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.