Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389934 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:35am On Sep 20, 2023
lastpage:

And the legend Speaks by himself! kiss
Twaile Sir.

The Economy? "Heaven will fall, it wont be on one man's head". undecided undecided
We are all in it together.

We're in it together Sir. Much respects Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geekop: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2023
Good morning sirs and mas

Krafom_Engineering

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 10:14am On Sep 20, 2023
Drop your details if you do POP designs- Ikorodu location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 10:35am On Sep 20, 2023
I am very disappointed with a specific architect on this platform. I saw a design he posted in 2020 and have been communicating with him since then.
I decided to give him a chance to desgin my project and I have to be the one constantly chasing him down for a sketch after almost two weeks. Professionals need to do better. If you are busy, do not take a job. No one wants a rush job because by doing that you're creating an insecurity in your client.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:13am On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
I am very disappointed with a specific architect on this platform. I saw a design he posted in 2020 and have been communicating with him since then.
I decided to give him a chance to desgin my project and I have to be the one constantly chasing him down for a sketch after almost two weeks. Professionals need to do better. If you are busy, do not take a job. No one wants a rush job because by doing that you're creating an insecurity in your client.

Please, mention name. You will be supporting and abetting bad behaviour if you are making it cryptic. Shebi you don pay?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2023
Raymondfirstborn

He immediately refunded the money but that's not the issue. I paid him on Sep 9, he said the entire duration was 2 weeks but would send the sketch in few days. I asked him some questions on Sep 10 and didn't contact him until Sep 15. He promised to send it on September 17. I didn't hear from him and sent him a message. He sent me a rough plan different from what I specifically requested. I knew it was a rush job. He sent me a 3d design that I have already seen online without including the specific balcony design I wanted. I hate to harass anyone but then sending me a message about "me harrasing you and how busy you are blah blah is not professional". As a professional, you must be able to balance work and task. Most importantly, communication is very important.

Floor plan should take 3 to 5 days. I am the one who constantly send a message to this man. I understand that "he is busy." I don't like harrasing people but I

quote author=folmus post=125907507]

Please, mention name. You will be supporting and abetting bad behaviour if you are making it cryptic. Shebi you don pay?[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Raymondfirstborn

He immediately refunded the money but that's not the issue. I paid him on Sep 9, he said the entire duration was 2 weeks but would send the sketch in few days. I asked him some questions on Sep 10 and didn't contact him until Sep 15. He promised to send it on September 17. I didn't hear from him and sent him a message. He sent me a rough plan different from what I specifically requested. I knew it was a rush job. He sent me a 3d design that I have already seen online without including the specific balcony design I wanted. I hate to harass anyone but then sending me a message about "me harrasing you and how busy you are blah blah is not professional". As a professional, you must be able to balance work and task. Most importantly, communication is very important.

Floor plan should take 3 to 5 days. I am the one who constantly send a message to this man. I understand that "he is busy." I don't like harrasing people but I

Please, mention name. You will be supporting and abetting bad behaviour if you are making it cryptic. Shebi you don pay?

Since he has refunded you, there is no big issue. He is a nice guy here.He might be very busy

Check with these guys if you still need one:

@Biztech05
@Uncleeth
@Nifemiayoade

in no particular order. Do your due diligence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by raymondFirstborn(m): 11:35am On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Raymondfirstborn

Ok una don finally drag me.
I visited the site on Saturday 9th. With my architectural team. We took measurements.
Started work on 11th. Sent her the 3d and sketch on the 18th. She wanted amendment which I told her on the 19th would be ready today 20th. She sent a message today, saying delivery was slow and I refunded in full .

Please note delivery was supposed to be 2weeks from site visit.

Meaning working drawings supposed to be delivered this Saturday.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2023
raymondFirstborn:

I visited the site on Saturday 9th. With my architectural team. We took measurements.
Started work on 11th. Sent her the 3d and sketch on the 18th. She wanted amendment which I told her on the 19th would be ready today 20th. She sent a message today, saying delivery was slow and I refunded in full .

You've done well by refunding her.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes, he refunded because he hasn't done the work. I am a legal professional so I know.

Moreover, not everyone wants a refund. Some people want their job done as agreed.

quote author=folmus post=125908278]

You've done well by refunding her. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
Window blinds are available in different colour , style and design

Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Yes, he refunded because he hasn't done the work. I am a legal professional so I know.

Moreover, not everyone wants a refund. Some people want their job done as agreed.

But from Sep 9th to now is not 2wks na

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:

It's better than not having your job and not having your money.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
Nero2424:

No its not a rhetorical question, i could find the answer to the question from your profile thats why i asked.

Okay Hit me up Sir or can we go WhatsApp if it quite convenient for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2023
raymondFirstborn:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
You are missing the point.

I am not an architect but this is not my first project. Final delivery duration is two weeks. A sketch must be sent before then to make corrections.

The issue is not the two weeks but I had to constantly ask for the sketch and he didn'tcommunicate unless I did. When he eventually sent it, he didn't take into consideration any of the things I specifically wanted and didn't want. For example, No ante room, round shape balcony.

I was convinced that he sent something he already had before. Even the floor plan had no measurements.

FYI: I have worked with another vendor on nairaland and never complained. I am not saying Mr. Raymond is not good ooo but communication is key.

I only posted on Nairaland because he sent me a voicenote which I found disrespectful. "He is the special advisor to Rivers governor, Gov is his uncle so he is busy and does things besides architecture. people in diaspora blah blah" he is not an hungry man.

Like wetin we carry?

Kingdemu:
But from Sep 9th to now is not 2wks na

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 1:29pm On Sep 20, 2023
Thank you for the recommendations.
I have decided to go with Gabropka001 because I love some designs he posted.

If anyone has worked with him in the past and was not satisfied please let me know. I love transparency and don't want issues with anyone because I am also a professional.

folmus:

Since he has refunded you, there is no big issue. He is a nice guy here.He might be very busy

Check with these guys if you still need one:

@Biztech05
@Uncleeth
@Nifemiayoade

in no particular order. Do your due diligence.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 1:36pm On Sep 20, 2023
raymondFirstborn:

Guy..take heart
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lexini: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2023
thanks

see their website:

https://goodwillceramiccoltd.godaddysites.com/

praise010:

They don't do WC from my inquires.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:54pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:

I am not an architect but this is not my first project. Final delivery duration is two weeks. A sketch must be sent before then to make corrections.

The issue is not the two weeks but I had to constantly ask for the sketch and he didn'tcommunicate unless I did. When he eventually sent it, he didn't take into consideration any of the things I specifically wanted and didn't want. For example, No ante room, round shape balcony.

I was convinced that he sent something he already had before. Even the floor plan had no measurements.

FYI: I have worked with another vendor on nairaland and never complained. I am not saying Mr. Raymond is not good ooo but communication is key.

I only posted on Nairaland because he sent me a voicenote which I found disrespectful. "He is the special advisor to Rivers governor, Gov is his uncle so he is busy and does things besides architecture. people in diaspora blah blah" he is not an hungry man.

Like wetin we carry?

At least he did the honorable thing by refunding you within the 2 weeks timeframe.

Sometimes things don't go as planned, it's just part of human nature.

This is 100% better than not getting your job or money (like we know of a particular person on this forum) , then wasting efforts chasing after them.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:

Like wetin we carry?

Oh, sorry about your experience. I now get what you mean.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2023
Yes, and that gesture was highly appreciated.

somehow:

At least he did the honorable thing by refunding you within the 2 weeks timeframe.

Sometimes things don't go as planned, it's just part of human nature.

This is 100% better than not getting your job or money (like we know of a particular person on this forum) , then wasting efforts chasing after them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by joetoocute: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2023
lexini:
thanks

see their website:

https://goodwillceramiccoltd.godaddysites.com/

Is this website legit?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Thank you for the recommendations.
I have decided to go with Gabropka001 because I love some designs he posted.

If anyone has worked with him in the past and was not satisfied please let me know. I love transparency and don't want issues with anyone because I am also a professional.

Not architectural design. I can remember contacting the person behind the handle sometimes in Jan/Feb last year for a BOQ. The initial estimate he submitted looked senseless to me(and I mean it). I had to tell him to do it again and it didn’t still make sense. Qsfemi gave me a rough estimate for some of the jobs FREE of charge and that made a lot of sense(The tiling job and the pop, which Bolu1986 did). I’ll say qsfemi’s estimate was 95% accurate. God bless you QsFemi.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2023
joetoocute:

Is this website legit?

I have the same reservation too. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ladyteeks: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2023
Thank you so much for this.
QS femi also helped me few years ago.
He is very helpful and highly recommended.

MrOkenwa:

Not architectural design. I can remember contacting the person behind the handle sometimes in Jan/Feb last year for a BOQ. The initial estimate he submitted looked senseless to me(and I mean it). I had to tell him to do it again and it didn’t still make sense. Qsfemi gave me a rough estimate for some of the jobs FREE of charge and that made a lot of sense(The tiling job and the pop, which Bolu1986 did). I’ll say qsfemi’s estimate was 95% accurate. God bless you QsFemi.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:
Drop your details if you do POP designs- Ikorodu location

We do! And available…. But we will discuss pricing before we move to site.

Thanks

Note: some clients will use us as to get measurements then after that bail out.. am tired of wasting transport with this economy…

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:39pm On Sep 20, 2023
ladyteeks:

Good day madam,

The architect you contacted is kind hearted and has a good conscience.

Do you know that there are some Fraudsters here that claim to be architect/builders/consultants, that will take your money, spend it without doing your drawing and still insult you when you call them out here?

They will use your money to eat Semo and post the pictures here for you to see.

Only recently, one of them resurfaced to show us tea cups and spoon, all in emptiness.

Posting lies everywhere.

I really appreciate the architect for his gesture.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:57pm On Sep 20, 2023
lastpage:

THIS PLACE IS A LIBRARY OF KNOWLEDGE!
Thank you super-chief! With people like you still around, the house is in safe hands.

what is the difference between "manual and automatic" Sir?

We got a quote from someone on another forum and he listed Calcites, 13"Fiberglass, Filter HOUSING, dmi carbon, resin, sand, granite, etc and 4 membrane reverse osmosis machine and 1HP pumping machine.
He spoke about regular "backwashing" but could not explain it into detail, to my satisfaction.

Everything else looks like what you posted and l really appreciate the effort you have gone to, to shed light on this because this provides us with a good level of insight on the subject.

God bless you real good Sir.

Laspage!
The person you contacted is real if he truly used those items he mentioned, but let me expatiate it more.
Here is it.
Manual system is just setting up of the round cylinder drum ( fiber or stailess) and it will just take water from the raw water tank with the help of surface pump into the system and purified it then send it into the final tank for usage, any form of adding or dosing chemicals into this system as additional chemicals will be manual.

Now the automatic system with additional raw chemical tank with electric pump stirrer and chemical dosing pump and others fittings is semi automated one

The RO ( reverse osmosis) system is the final of all for pure drinking water, this will have all the above connection with RO machine coupled with MEMBRANE the nature of the water and number of users will determine the number of the membrane to be used.
This system also remove salt from water

Attached pics is the RO membrane

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2023
iammarvellux:
CLEARANCE SALE

We are Sales Craft Group... We are a fast developing Real Estate Company and have come a long way, about 17years in the Real Estate. Currently we are offering a HALF THE PRICE for most of our Land this season to celebrate the independence day.

Most of this properties are fenced, dry and table land, good titles etc...See our flyer below and choose your budget.

For more enquiries, free site inspection and more pls call/WhatsApp Mr Emmanuel on +2348038781738

Buy now at half the price...hurry while offer lasts!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
Thank you boss for your kind mention and recommendation. It is an honor to work for you, Sir.
MrOkenwa:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:24pm On Sep 20, 2023
Thank you Ma for the mention.

ladyteeks:
Thank you so much for this.
QS femi also helped me few years ago.
He is very helpful and highly recommended.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3478) (3479) (3480) (3481) (3482) (3483) (3484) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.