Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,450 members, 7,816,045 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3492) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386481 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
Bolu1986, this is for you and other POP guys here pls.

I’m currently working on a hollow clay brick slab and I want to plan ahead for the POP installation.
I intend to pass galvanized binding wire through the slab Formwork at 400 c/c

The other option is to install threaded bolts in the slab.

I’ve seen the way some contractor did the installation and I’m not comfortable with it.
In one site, I notice they drive concrete nails into the slab and hook their pop to it.
In another site (picture attached), I notice they break the hollow bricks and put nails tied with binding wire into the bricks to provide anchor for the pop ceiling

Which option will you prefer? Or how would you have loved to provide good support for your POP ceiling under hollow clay brick slab?

Thanks in anticipation of a reply.

==========

Valuable contributions from other pop contractors, homeowners and seasoned experts are welcome.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Patriot9: 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
QuestionMan016:

I done run oh,after seeing my post he contacted me that he live in Benin ,no longer Lagos.

20k for architecture design,fear even dey catch me for him cheap price.

In the first place, the guy doesn't have a laptop to for any architectural design.
I know him very well but the idiot doesn't know. The guy looks somehow skinny like those criminals under ojuelegba bridge.

He will collect your money and block your contact.
When I wanted to deal with him, I just had to withdraw because of his condition. So pathetic. Many people are suffering in this country. Make God help us.

There are many of them (scammers) on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 6:46pm On Oct 01, 2023
QuestionMan016:

I done run oh,after seeing my post he contacted me that he live in Benin ,no longer Lagos.

20k for architecture design,fear even dey catch me for him cheap price.
If you price him 5k he will agree… lol smh

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2023
In your dreams....

Kindly notice the Desperation of the resident serial fraudster.

(1) I need a neoclassical bungalow plan.

(2) My eyes are on an estate worth #150m per plot with uninterrupted electricity.

(3) I am working on a 42 unit apartment project.

(4) I am on a project worth #400m (four hundred million!!)

(5) I want to hang POP on clay roof. Bolu help.

Please who believes such?

Is this a kindergarten?.

Get a life.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2023

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:01pm On Oct 01, 2023
twinskenny:
https://www.nairaland.com/7861476/bua-reduces-price-cement-3500

How true is this?

I pray it is true and the company actually stands on their word.

Let's see how dangote and Lafarge will respond.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 7:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
QuestionMan016:

Them never even draw plan,I'm searching for a freelance architect in these Benin Agbor road who will draw the plan for us.

One contacted me from nairaland,but and he goes by the name visaclicks or so,but I prefer a person I can meet not an online architect who reside in Lagos.
No be same guy wey dey malign entire tribe because of issues he had with a client? You wan put up your own tribe for drags?🤔
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2023
Phone and data is a leveler of people online.
I wonder at the audacity of service providers and vendors talking careless online and sealing their possibility of getting jobs.
Wisdom is truly profitable. Make person no dey take hand do himself and blame innocent village people.
Going by recent activities here, I can't help but marvel at various types of people God created.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 7:22pm On Oct 01, 2023
BUA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 7:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
Nigerians and their poor low tear him down mentality. The next you are trying to bring down is better than most of y’all in real life. You are honest doesn’t make you better than the others grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:54pm On Oct 01, 2023
gbadexy:

Wisdom is truly profitable. Make person no dey take hand do himself and blame innocent village people.

Amen bro!

The last I’ll ever do is to pray for the downfall of other people. No matter what they do!

It’s that confidence that keeps me going and growing.

That’s why you hardly see me abuse or react negatively towards trolls.

But there’s always a simple prayer (in yoruba) I do say all the time “Ko ri fun mi, bi ero okan mi si e. Ko ri fun e, bi ero okan re si mi.”

May it be unto me according to my wishes/heart desires for you. May it be unto you according to your wishes/heart desires for me.

Amen 🙏

=========

Whatever you feed grows

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Speaking in parables, riddles and jokes, tongue

Only “Angel”… like you can understand sir

Money on my mind “” in Ashake voice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
Till moment, I have never for once begged to be on any project In my life and I will never.

If anyone have an evidence that I begged for a job here or elsewhere, he/she should please bring it forward.

Projects find me where I’m sitting sipping my kunu

That’s where God is bigger than mankind.

Trust in the Lord with all your hearts and lean not on your own “I’ll destroy him” understanding.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2023
visaclick:
Nigerians and their poor low tear him down mentality. The next you are trying to bring down is better than most of y’all in real life. You are honest doesn’t make you better than the others grin grin
Tribal warlord turned arselicker. You go explain taya cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:50pm On Oct 01, 2023
QuestionMan016:

20k for architectural design,fear even dey catch me for him cheap price.

This is very unfortunate n I am very sure he is not a trained architect, maybe a draftman.
20k for a working drawing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2023
tongue
Kingdemu:
Tribal warlord turned arselicker. You go explain taya cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
Good evening everyone, please I have few questions.....
Please, are hollow blocks good for fencing? Cos I've seen some fence made with hollow blocks cut into 2

When it comes to cost, Is it better to buy blocks or better to mould blocks for fence?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:00pm On Oct 01, 2023
n3xt:

You’re right!

You don’t get much of Dewalt and Makitas here. Not even from big outlets.

I’m gradually upgrading my tools though.
We do those Malaysian toys because they’re good enough to get the job done. It’s not like we are running a sawmill.

========

Anyone with pictures of original Dewalt 235mm Circular Saw and Dewalt Planer being used on their construction project should please share with me 🌚

I want to learn

I know some shops in Isale Eko where you can get it.
If you prefer to import them, I can get them for you at lower cost while you arrange to pay for shipment.

Job site saws like Hiti too are rugged. You can consider buying original Bosch (blue color, not green).

I didn’t see Mitre saw among your display. You need one for crosscuts and bevels because I doubt if those old Flex and Total circular saws can bevel or score.

Mafell and Festool would be too expensive, I would have said you invest in them. They will serve you for decades.

With the level your work is going, precision, efficiency, and higher productivity are key. Your image is most essential.

Good you don’t display these tools for clients to see.

All the best bro.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:03pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

If you prefer to import them, I can get them for you at lower cost while you arrange to pay for shipment.

Job site saws lik Hiti too rugged. You can consider buying original Bosch (blue color, not green).

I didn’t see Mitre saw among your display. You need one for crosscuts and bevels because I doubt if those old Flex and Total circular saws can bevel or score.

Mafell and Festool would be too expensive, I would have said you invest in them. They will serve you for decades.

With the level your work is going, precision, efficiency, and higher productivity are key. Your image is most essential.

All the best bro.

How much can you get me a Mitre saw and a table saw?
If you were to import instead of buying locally.

I am thinking Bosch Mitre saw but what do you recommend?

I have nearly everything else except those two.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2023
As usual, the resident fraudster psychopath is here again with his ranting and raving.

Million this, million that, unending number of "project". Yet you will never find his satisfied client .

Over a decade of scamming. Hold your wallet tight...

Fraudster on the prowl.
BEWARE

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2023
FEGEITOK:

How much can you get me a Mitre saw and a table saw?
If you were to import instead of buying locally.

I am thinking Bosch Mitre saw but what do you recommend?

I have nearly everything else except those two.
It depends on the brand you want and the diameter of the saw and the motor (whether brushed or brushless). Brushless is better but may be expensive.

Also, do you want new or Tokunbo?

I can send you two sites where you can check for either new or used ones. Then you can decide which one you want and from their, we will take it further.

Bosch is good in Africa but it’s not a great brand in Europe when it comes to power tools.
But for the level of job you do, it could still serve you.
I could see you are handling higher projects, from your display. You need to leave job sites faster so that you can go to other projects.

If you want to know more about how powerful and useful many power tools are before you buy, always watch this YouTuber man called PROJECT FARM.

He has nearly 3million subscribers and he tests a lot of power tools for people to see whether they are fit for purpose or not or whether they are worth the price.

Watching his tests would help you make informed decisions on so many work tools you want to buy.

I love to see your (and other people’s companies) grow into household name for better.
Just be transparent enough and invest in tools. Working on site would be like child’s play and you would win most contracts.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
FRAUDSTER shifted to 'motivational quote'

Meanwhile the victims were at fault for allowing themselves to be played by you, a petty conman.

Even if you change tactics (which you can't ), it still won't work.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

It depends on the brand you want and the diameter of the saw and the motor (whether brushed or brushless). Brushless is better but may be expensive.

Also, do you want new or Tokunbo?

I can send you two sites where you can check for either new or used ones. Then you can decide which one you want and from their, we will take it further.

Bosch is good in Africa but it’s not a great brand in Europe when it comes to power tools.
But for the level of job you do, it could still serve you.
I could see you are handling higher projects, from your display. You need to leave job sites faster so that you can go to other projects.

If you want to know more about how powerful and useful many power tools are before you buy, always watch this YouTuber man called PROJECT FARM.

He has nearly 3million subscribers and he tests a lot of power tools for people to see whether they are fit for purpose or not or whether they are worth the price.

Watching his tests would help you make informed decisions on so many work tools you want to buy.

I love to see your (and other people’s companies) grow into household name for better.
Just be transparent enough and invest in tools. Working on site would be like child’s play and you would win most contracts.

Thanks for sharing some of your hard earned experience with me.

I am much wiser from consulting you.

Will revert after I have taken a look at those sites and their pricing and the YouTube channel

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

Job site saws like Hiti too are rugged. You can consider buying original Bosch (blue color, not green).

All the best bro.

The only thing I don’t have are the things I really don’t need.

I have a mitre saw (though dated now as it always sit down most times) and those Malaysian circular saws can do nice crosscuts as well.

They’re not as bad as projected though. I think investing in a good blade really helped those toys come out with smooth cutting with outstanding accuracy.

Total is really doing great. I pick their rotary hammer drill recently and it performed excellently well. I was just eating concrete with finesse like shortbread.

It’s nice having you around bro!

Thanks for sharing 🙏

============

On Mafell and Festool, I’d read them up and see if I can add them to my tool bank.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2023
n3xt:

The only thing I don’t have are the things I really don’t need.

I have a mitre saw (though dated now as it always sit down most times) and those Malaysian circular saws can do nice crosscuts as well.

They’re not as bad as projected though. I think investing in a good blade really helped those toys come out with smooth cutting with outstanding accuracy.

Total is really doing great. I pick their rotary hammer drill recently and it performed excellently well. I was just eating concrete with finesse like shortbread.

It’s nice having you around bro!

Thanks for sharing 🙏

============

On Mafell and Festool, I’d read them up and see if I can add them to my tool bank.

You are welcome bro.
It’s when you try great tools that you would know the ones you have haven’t been good enough.
Mafell and Festool are the industry leader but they are super expensive - both their battery-powered and electric.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

Working on site would be like child’s play and you would win most contracts.

Very correct! 💯
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

You are welcome bro.
Mafell and Festool are the industry leader but they are super expensive - both their battery-powered and electric.

We will check it out! I have one cordless circular saw with Ni-CD that I’m planning to convert to lithium soon.

It’s a game changer on multi-floor projects. You know how it feels when you work with cordless tools.

If I have my way, I want to go cordless and brushless 💯
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:37pm On Oct 01, 2023
n3xt:

Very correct! 💯

Another business unit can even spin-off from the ones you currently have, due to having great tool. You can start making solid doors, cabinets, floors, cornice (coving), etc. for your clients.

I hope you see my tools soon and how I juggle accounting/finance with woodworking.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:45pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

Another business unit can even spin-off from the ones you currently have, due to having great tool. You can start making solid doors, cabinets, floors, cornice (coving), etc. for your clients.

I hope you see my tools soon and how I juggle accounting/finance with woodworking.

Even though I have the passion, I do not have the energy and time and my joiner, Mukaila is too rustic and layback. He’s not hungry at all!

Let me just be juggling fatherhood and construction biz jejely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
n3xt:

Even though I have the passion, I do not have the energy and time and my joiner, Mukaila is too rustic and layback. He’s not hungry at all!

Let me just be juggling fatherhood and construction biz jejely.

There are more ambitious guys out there than Mukaila.
Your destiny is in your hands. Not in his hands.

Be ambitious too and set higher targets for yourself and your business.

This is the right time to build your business empire. You would be able to negotiate an all-on-one contract and you would win big.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Micky4rl: 10:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
Can the admin of this group save unsuspecting newbies of the scourge called n3xt? He's obviously an unrepentant scammer who's set in his ways but at least save others from falling victims to his gimmicks.

The internet is awash with his scamming histories and it high time the admin/moderator did something about this situation.

bolu1986:

I was at a project site where you only rented them scaffolding yet you termed it as your project!!

All these gimmicks will only work for newbie… seen you don’t have a single shame any longer!!

The people you are owing are kinda light hearted…

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2023
MeineMutter:

There are more ambitious guys out there than Mukaila.
Your destiny is in your hands. Not in his hands.

Be ambitious too and set higher targets for yourself and your business.

This is the right time to build your business empire. You would be able to negotiate an all-on-one contract and you would win big.

I’d probably consider in the future but for now I’d take a pass.

I’m currently swamped with work.

Once again, thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. You matter!

(1) (2) (3) ... (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) (3494) (3495) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CornOak(m), stnkembu(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.