Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:21 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385571 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2023
mufutau55:
Has anybody installed Felicity Solar System in their project? I need to know the reliability of this system before I delved into it.
I was going for Victron but the price is high now, I am a kobo-kobo man with no deep pockets.
Advantage and Dis-advantage of this Felicity Solar System will be appreciated.
I am interested in the 10kva Hybrid with Lithium Battery setup.
Thank you.

Hajji M.
In my experience, well known (read as expensive) brands cost twice more than these alternatives. But they normally (normally, because they are equally affected by surges) outlast them by far, because they are built to last.

It is not like the those ones will fail completely, but there will usually be one reason, or another, why they might need to visit the workshop. However, they always return back to work.

Note: I haven't used any felicity product, but I have used about 10 different ones (including popular Indian models eg Genus, Luminous, ipower, Bluegate, etc) that are all hovering around the same price point. So my assumption is that they will all behave the same in-terms-of reliability.

However, I bought one Victron and one midnite solar for different projects in 2016, and there has not been any reason to re-boot, talk less of inviting a technician till date.

It all depends on the monetary value you attach to peace of mind

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2023
Watch how these will be installed here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sconp: 1:11pm On Sep 30, 2023
QuestionMan016:

What I'm asking,hiring an engineer seem like a waste of money,I plan to pay only the architect,can the brick layers work with the plan of the architect? Or can I pay the architect to monitor the project as an engineer too?

I'm trying to avoid unnecessary waste of money.

Yes, you can get an architect to design and also supervise the build especially if it's not a building with suspended floors. A good architect can handle it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2023
rotecch77:
Some have turned This thread to charity organization.
“It’s waste of money to hire engineers but it’s good to have there professional idea when it’s needed here for free.
Nothing wey musa no go see for gate.

The problem for me is the charging in percentage!!

When you charge for plumbing work, do you also charge labor as a percentage?

Maybe you can explain to me why your labor charges has to vary widely between when I choose cheap sanitary wares vs the expensive ones

I was fortunate to get engineers that charge per milestone.
Milestone =
From foundation to DPC
DPC to Lintel
DPC to Deck/Slab
Roofing
Finishing (plastering, windows ,doors ,plumbing ,etc)

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 1:33pm On Sep 30, 2023
Happy weekend

We are available for pop & wall screeding

Let’s talk 07088534661

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:04pm On Sep 30, 2023
michlins:
Watch how these will be installed here

Congratulations. Is this a single family duplex? I like the outstretched design of the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 2:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
44chux:

In my experience, well known (read as expensive) brands cost twice more than these alternatives. But they normally (normally, because they are equally affected by surges) outlast them by far, because they are built to last.

It is not like the those ones will fail completely, but there will usually be one reason, or another, why they might need to visit the workshop. However, they always return back to work.

Note: I haven't used any felicity product, but I have used about 10 different ones (including popular Indian models eg Genus, Luminous, ipower, Bluegate, etc) that are all hovering around the same price point. So my assumption is that they will all behave the same in-terms-of reliability.

However, I bought one Victron and one midnite solar for different projects in 2016, and there has not been any reason to re-boot, talk less of inviting a technician till date.

It all depends on the monetary value you attach to peace of mind

Thank you very much. Victron was my first choice because of their reliability but the cost fir a 10kva with Lithium Battery will drain my wallet. If I will be on ground for whole year then it will worth but coming home for one month and about 4/5 times a year may probably not make economical sense.
But you are right MONEY will be an object in the implementation. Thanks again.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2023
44chux:

The problem for me is the charging in percentage!!

Maybe you can explain to me why your labor charges has to vary widely between when I choose cheap sanitary wares vs the expensive ones

I was fortunate to get engineers that charge per milestone.
Milestone =
From foundation to DPC
DPC to Lintel
DPC to Deck/Slab
Roofing
Finishing (plastering, windows ,doors ,plumbing ,etc)
Your bargain capacity depends on the percentage you are paying it’s not rigged.
Even if law and books says so so amount. How many people are ready to pay that.

When someone even said Engr’s work is not relevant in construction work. ….( i laugh in Swahili ).
Bcs it’s a waste of money according to that person.

Wetin I no sef… person go explain tired no evidence.

—///
On side note, for your plumbing materials sale and services we are still available for that PLUS BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORK BOTH NEW AND RENOVATION WORK

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 44chux(m): 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2023
rotecch77:

Your bargain capacity depends on the percentage you are paying it’s not rigged.
Even if law and books says so so amount. How many people are ready to pay that.

When someone even said Engr’s work is not relevant in construction work. ….( i laugh in Swahili ).
Bcs it’s a waste of money according to that person.

Wetin I no sef… person go explain tired no evidence.

—///
On side note, for your plumbing materials sale and services we are still available for that PLUS BUILDING CONSTRUCTION WORK BOTH NEW AND RENOVATION WORK

@rotecch77

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:55pm On Sep 30, 2023
44chux:

@rotecch77

What is your bargain with your engr ?
Bcs when he charge for block work for Labour only I believed he added his charges separate l, so same applicable to others work

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:15pm On Sep 30, 2023
sonnie10:

Congratulations. Is this a single family duplex? I like the outstretched design of the house.
I don't know the answer to your question. I was called to do railings and that's what I did
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ehay(f): 4:37pm On Sep 30, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
bolu1986:
Happy weekend

We are available for pop & wall screeding

Let’s talk 07088534661

Good evening Bolu, please how is wall molding / wall sketching charged ? Is it per linear meter or square meter?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2023
QuestionMan016:

Them never even draw plan,I'm searching for a freelance architect in these Benin Agbor road who will draw the plan for us.

One contacted me from nairaland,but and he goes by the name visaclicks or so,but I prefer a person I can meet not an online architect who reside in Lagos.

Run away from him ooo! He is a quack who cannot draw a simple room floor plan.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:21pm On Sep 30, 2023
ehay:
[color=#006600][/color]

Good evening Bolu, please how is wall molding / wall sketching charged ? Is it per linear meter or square meter?

I usually calculate by measuring the length.. this will help determine the quantity of materials to use… then charge accordingly…

Some charge per space area

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ehay(f): 5:25pm On Sep 30, 2023
[color=#006600][/color]
bolu1986:

I usually calculate by measuring the length.. this will help determine the quantity of materials to use… then charge accordingly…

Some charge per space area

Thanks a million.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QuestionMan016: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2023
Hatesin:

Run away from him ooo! He is a quack who cannot draw a simple room floor plan.

Thanks,I have just researched about him and I found out he's a big tribalist,I will search for an architect around me.

He's always busy insulting his clients and prospective clients on nairaland.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 7:50pm On Sep 30, 2023
The chickens have come home to roost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2023
michlins:
I don't know the answer to your question. I was called to do railings and that's what I did
Oh! I thought it was yours, I take the congratulations back. My bad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:58pm On Sep 30, 2023
twinskenny:
See your hand here boss @money121

We are in for the electrical of this 2 no of 3bedroom units in ibadan

For your general electrical call or WhatsApp 08051355133
well done twinsKenny, I was there last week for windows installation, more contract to win in Jesus name, (amen)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:29pm On Sep 30, 2023
sonnie10:

this is the current status of the railing. Still working on completing the installation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 5:01am On Oct 01, 2023
LIST OF AVAILABLE CWORTH PRODUCTS

*SOLAR PANELS*

170W
280w
350W
420w
500W

*ALL IN ONE SOLAR STREET LIGHT*

B1-60W
P2-60W
C1-60W
C1-100w

AIR SWITCH AC-2P32A

AIR SWITCH AC -2P63A

AIR SWITCH DC- 2P20A

AIR SWITCH DC-2P40A

CABLE 25MM RED

CABLE 25MM BLACK

CABLE 4MM. RED

CABLE 4MM. BLACK

CABLE 6MM 2in 1

*LITHIUM BATTERIES AVAILABLE*

AGM Battery 12v200Ah (18 months warranty)

10kwh 48v(incoming)

3.8kwh12v

5kwh24v

15kwh 48v(incoming)

*INVERTER*

*5.5KVA 48V*

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:15am On Oct 01, 2023
sonnie10:

Smiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:24am On Oct 01, 2023
THIS IS A NEW MONTH, DONT FALL VICTIM TO FRAUD ON THIS PLATFORM.

WE HAVE FRAUDSTERS THAT DISGUISE AS PROFESSIONALS AND SPECIAL ADVISERS HERE.

THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAVE BUILT SKYSCRAPERS, ESTATES AND MONO-RAIL.

THEY EVEN HAVE DECEITFUL PICTURES THEY CIRCULATE TO LURE THE GULLIBLE.

THEY ARE ALL LIES!!

THEY LIVE IN A WORLD OF FANTASY.

HOLD YOUR POCKETS TIGHT.

ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYBODY HERE PUBLICLY ON THIS THREAD!!

DONT SAY YOU DID NOT KNOW!!

https://www.nairaland.com/6932126/brabus-n3xt-done-it-again#109237072

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 6:26am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy new month everyone, still ur favorite art work designer 08165523784.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy Independence Day Nigeria

… creating inspired spaces for today’s lifestyle!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2023
GOOD MORNING, AND HAPPY NEW MONTH OF OCTOBER, HAPPY 63 BIRTHDAY

WE ARE CURRENTLY IN FINISHING OF THE 16 PICS OF SINGLE FLATS APARTMENT WINDOWS AND NETS , PLS BE FOLLOWING AS WE ARE DOING THE FINISHING OF THE WINDOWS AND NETS IN THE PROJECTS THANKS,

CONTACT ADEDWARD FOR UR NEXT WINDOWS PROJECTS, THANKS

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Patriot9: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2023
QuestionMan016:

Them never even draw plan,I'm searching for a freelance architect in these Benin Agbor road who will draw the plan for us.

One contacted me from nairaland,but and he goes by the name visaclicks or so,but I prefer a person I can meet not an online architect who reside in Lagos.
Visaclik is a scammer
His Full name is KADIRI ELVIS LUCKY
HIS KUDA ACCOUNT NUMBER IS 2021795271
Please Usain Bolt from him. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:29am On Oct 01, 2023
FRAUDSTERS ALERT!!

JUST DO A SIMPLE SEARCH AND THANK GOD FOR NOT BECOMING A VICTIM.

HE IS JUST A PETTY FRAUDSTER BEHIND A KEYBOARD.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:31am On Oct 01, 2023
Happy Independence from the heart of Lasigidi.

Urban Renewal Project

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2023
Preparing our third 8.5m unsupported beam 🌚

Isn’t God the greatest?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:53am On Oct 01, 2023
Simplifying Complexities. Delivering Possibilities.

NextHome Design+Build

(1) (2) (3) ... (3487) (3488) (3489) (3490) (3491) (3492) (3493) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: n9jaboy, topsy23 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.