Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,662 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403082 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:22am On Nov 19, 2023
erico2k2:

Bross leave the toilet outside,. I don't think I will be comfortable sitting outside a toilet door facing me directly knowing full well someone is taking a shyte there. I have not seen anywhere in the western world where you can enter and exit a toilet direct from a living room but yet Nigerians seem to have perfect this scene!
Thanks for this. I just feel the varrender is too long tho
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 3:43am On Nov 19, 2023
MeineMutter:

I have practical experience in this area. The keys are substandard, China-made keys.
They sell for between N7,000 and N13,000, depending on which shop you are buying it.

Fairly ok engine with keys are not that type you are seeing on the door and they start from N20k upward. Which Nigerian carpenter would want to use a 20k door engine on a door that less than 50k will finish it?

Just be gentle with the key. Oil the key hole at intervals because they are made of rusty bad steel materials. They are only quoted in shiny paints outside.

Everything you said is true.

Everything is wrong with the construction industry in Nigeria.

If you want to be sure you aren't cheated buy cement from the factory in trucks. Some sellers rebag the cement and reduce it to 45kg.

9 inch block is now 8 inches.

Nails and screws are fake.

I bought a packet of screws and decided to count them. I saw 350 from a packet that is supposed to contain 500.

I cannot remember how many times I have had to change supposedly new door lock engines.

Just before the dollar left the 900 territory for good I imported all the screws I was going to use for my kitchen cabinet construction.

After reading everything you have read last night I am also going to import door locks so I can have peace of mind.

You can't find low VOC adhesive in the local market. At least I can't find. Still relying on the stash I got from Shoprite before they shuttered their handyman section.

Like you observed if you really want quality import every consumable you need for your construction.

I'm so scared that I go to only companies with the authorized reseller tag to buy cables, even if the price is the same with MSRP or lower I can't buy cables from the market cause I cannot be sure it is not a clever copy.

Same for all my other electricals.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:24am On Nov 19, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:00am On Nov 19, 2023
We are still adding Plinth beam to the top of the block here before our over-site concr

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bovijean: 8:02am On Nov 19, 2023
WhiteBlack:

How much do you charge for wall screeding? I have a job for you if we agree on price.

Sorry for late reply sir
500 without material
1500 with material
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2023
I have the Quality Sofa I want to Sell out! Made it out Extra Materials I had left. Going for a good Price!!

Comes with a Cup Holder, USB Sockets, Drawer and Ottoman.

Made from Quality 36 Density Seat Foam. Good Fabric.

Warranty 2 Years.

Market Price: 370k

Price: 240k inclusive free delivery wetin Lagos.

Picking up yourself will give you a good Discount.

Ox Furniture.
09090040008/ 08066377733.

Can chat me for Videos and picture of the Framing to see the type of wood Used

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:41am On Nov 19, 2023
Bovijean:

Sorry for late reply sir
500 without material
1500 with material
This sounds like #30k for 20 sqm. I heard that a drum of basecoat for screeding could cover 20 sqm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:47am On Nov 19, 2023
sonnie10:

This sounds like #30k for 20 sqm. I heard that a drum of basecoat for screeding could cover 20 sqm.

You can’t compare price in the east with price in the west here…

Pop cement and paint and cheaper in the east that lagos and environ….

I can do 1300 in lagos and 1k per sqm in the east.. just did in asaba recently.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2023
bolu1986:

You can’t compare price in the east with price in the west here…

Pop cement and paint and cheaper in the east that lagos and environ….

I can do 1300 in lagos and 1k per sqm in the east.. just did in asaba recently.
I have not compared or given any price . I was only analyzing the quoted amount.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Here you go.
How does it work sir? You stuff the wet clothes inside?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:07am On Nov 19, 2023
double3:

Like i said eariler, i asked for a review and couldn't get any here and decided to give it a try. After 'a year' when that day comes,be rest assured I will come back and drop another review.

If you're in anyway angry that I didn't respond to your review, kindly note that it's because i didn't see it.

You can always tag specific people to get quick responce.

Note: I didn't say ALL imported doors, I said MOST incase you have a quality door that'll last a lifetime... grin

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:15am On Nov 19, 2023
Reeefe:
Hello house in a case where an amendment is to be done in a bungalow. I am insisting on moving the visitors toilet entrance to be inside the sitting room rather than in the varrender. So we need to both extend the v.t and put a wall to close out the varrender.

Would it be necessary to put a beam before setting the blocks or would the weight sit well on the German floor when casted?

And would an extra beam be needed on the lintel level too or we can just raise the blocks to leveling level?

Technically you're not doing a German Floor on this project....

So, it won't seat well... Dig the foundation and start the block from a few courses inside the ground

Raise the block all the way, it's not carrying any load except self.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opera1(m): 11:37am On Nov 19, 2023
Pls can #1m lay the foundation of a 3 bedroom flat?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 11:43am On Nov 19, 2023
Depends on the type of Foundation.

Averagely Yes.

opera1:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Well 1m can not lay a foundationof 3 bedroom flat now considering the prices of materials now ,but for a good Bill of quantity you can Chat Eng Ade on 08099212590 for full Quotations
opera1:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Good evening house,
Our achievement during this weekend, location ibeju lekki area,

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 7:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
Reeefe:

Thanks for this. I just feel the varrender is too long tho

For the visitor it's not too long, mine visitors toilet is outside too

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2023
Depends on the type, raft, German floor, coaches, type of soil e.t.c

opera1:
dannie007:
Depends on the type of Foundation.

Averagely Yes.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
Modern Ramp and Entryway By NextHome
| Lagos, Nigeria

NextHome …disrupting what is with what could be

#minimalist

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:00pm On Nov 19, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
Kingdemu:
How does it work sir? You stuff the wet clothes inside?

Sir, it’s not the clothes dryer itself but the lint exhaust hanging on the wall.

You put water in it and the lint will get trapped inside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opera1(m): 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2023
Akerewe:
Depends on the type, raft, German floor, coaches, type of soil e.t.c

I no do German Floor, I just want to manage what I have coz I don't want to rent when I get home

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Sir, it’s not the clothes dryer itself but the lint exhaust hanging on the wall.

You put water in it and the lint will get trapped inside.
Oh ok I get it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2023
erico2k2:

Timber

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by double3(m): 8:23pm On Nov 19, 2023
saydfact:

If you're in anyway angry that I didn't respond to your review, kindly note that it's because i didn't see it.

You can always tag specific people to get quick responce.

Note: I didn't say ALL imported doors, I said MOST incase you have a quality door that'll last a lifetime... grin

Goodluck
Nah bro I'm not angry at all, maybe u got the message the wrong way, it was just a general statement not meant for u or anybody.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 8:25pm On Nov 19, 2023
MeineMutter:

Gedu is a kind of tree that grows well in Southwest Nigeria. Ask timber fellers. They will show you one. It is stronger than Iroko and Wallnut trees.

Just that our people have nearly cut and exported everything abroad.

The wood sells like hot-cake abroad.

Thank you for your explanation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mrnairalandd: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
dannie007:
Right Now Full HDF Door (3 ×7ft) with Complete Accessories and Installation is N145,000 - N160,000, cost Varies due to Colour of Boards and the Type of Key Used.

Why Mahogany Door (4×7ft) with Complete Accessories and Installation is N350,000 - N650,000. Cost Varies to designs (toughness, bulletproofing) and types of Locks Used. Fingerprint,Card, password and Facial recognition. Regular Solid Keys Used.

09090040008, 08066377733.

I intend to buy the main external door from you. Did you make this one in picture. Upload few you made in recent months or years
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 19, 2023
opera1:

I no do German Floor, I just want to manage what I have coz I don't want to rent when I get home

It's should be enough for foundation, talk to some good engineer to help u out
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mrnairalandd: 9:02pm On Nov 19, 2023
Reeefe:
Hello house in a case where an amendment is to be done in a bungalow. I am insisting on moving the visitors toilet entrance to be inside the sitting room rather than in the varrender. So we need to both extend the v.t and put a wall to close out the varrender.

Would it be necessary to put a beam before setting the blocks or would the weight sit well on the German floor when casted?

And would an extra beam be needed on the lintel level too or we can just raise the blocks to leveling level?

This is exactly what i did, i moved the toilet from the veranda to the living room. Initially, my siblings kicked against it but happy after the work was done.

The builder blocked the entrance to the toilet at the veranda and created a new entrance from the living room. It is beautiful. Those who kicked against it suddenly fell in love with it when the toilet was moved to the living room.

You ll eventually love it…

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:44pm On Nov 19, 2023
opera1:

It will lay the foundation in delta, if u are building on a dry land. And u doing a strip foundation. But that amount won't include filling the foundation with filling sand.

We are also assuming that the amount doesn't include settlement of community and the likes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

This is exactly what i did, i moved the toilet from the veranda to the living room. Initially, my siblings kicked against it but happy after the work was done.

The builder blocked the entrance to the toilet at the veranda and created a new entrance from the living room. It is beautiful. Those who kicked against it suddenly fell in love with it when the toilet was moved to the living room.

SO you feeel conffy with a visitor doing number two just nxt door to your living room?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2023
Mrnairalandd:

Yes I would have done that here too but the position of the v.t is in the room. So we can't put an entrance in the palor except we extend the v.t by 3ft to accommodate an internal door.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3549) (3550) (3551) (3552) (3553) (3554) (3555) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: negy2016, ishadfurnitures and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.