Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,750 members, 7,820,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3557) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403758 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:38am On Nov 23, 2023
folmus:
It's obvious this palmpay of a thing is a tool for these boys.

Both palmpay and opay ! And if you go to them for complain they will tell you the can’t trace the criminal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:39am On Nov 23, 2023
BabaOman:

Na the guy be this

That's the message he has been sending to all people.. Pls don't be a victim
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:41am On Nov 23, 2023
twinskenny:

Do a two step security check from now on!

There is no way I can log in through WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:45am On Nov 23, 2023
topsy23:

There is no way I can log in through WhatsApp

Delete reinstall WhatsApp ! They will send you a new code asap

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:50am On Nov 23, 2023
twinskenny:

Delete reinstall WhatsApp ! They will send you a new code asap

I have depleted but couldn't reinstall because the account is being used with the guy. I can only log in after 24hrs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:25am On Nov 23, 2023
twinskenny:

Yes no one! Impossible

Unless the person has the code

One called me to give him the meeting invite that was sent to me by my Homeowners Association.

I almost fell into it but I soji in time.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2023
topsy23:

I have depleted but couldn't reinstall because the account is being used with the guy. I can only log in after 24hrs
You can also send email to WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2023
Let’s talk

Pop & wall screeding

Currently in this project in ibadan

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2023
topsy23:

That's the message he has been sending to all people.. Pls don't be a victim

Mine was different ,Sent me picture of a very sick boy and said it’s your friends son in hospital

Told him to send account and call . Sent account . When I called he dint pick on WhatsApp , that’s when I called you yesterday . He deleted message as I was blocking him

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
rmx:

Mine was different ,Sent me picture of a very sick boy and said it’s your friends son in hospital

Told him to send account and call . Sent account . When I called he dint pick on WhatsApp , that’s when I called you yesterday . He deleted message as I was blocking him

He wasn't lucky to delete with the other person that got his details.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2023
kkonsults:

Sent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
kkonsults:

Sent mail since yesterday and yet to get reply from whatsapp support
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Winniealfred1(f): 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2023
I got this drawing from my architect. What can say about this. The project is to be done in a village in oyo state where the soil is good. I am curious why so many pillers and it seems there will be concrete floor. I need advice

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2023
inze:

. . . not sure anyone can do a hack on your Whatsapp with 2FA activated as they'll need to enter the PIN after the hack (i stand to be corrected though)

You're right.. Except you give them, they can't
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:39pm On Nov 23, 2023
lexini:
Good morning All

Please, how many blocks will one bag of cement set?

I am doing my fence now on an uncompleted building i just bought and the bricklayer is saying i need 34 bags of cement for 2430 blocks?

Is this too much?

also, is there a method of calculating pay for bricklayers? he is charging me 150k for the entire fence - 2430 blocks.

I need advice please

Check my thread, I have a post on estimating fence cost.

Detailed

>> https://www.nairaland.com/5818635/estimating-cost-fencing-6-plots#102829569
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
lexini:
Good morning All

Please, how many blocks will one bag of cement set?

I am doing my fence now on an uncompleted building i just bought and the bricklayer is saying i need 34 bags of cement for 2430 blocks?

Is this too much?

also, is there a method of calculating pay for bricklayers? he is charging me 150k for the entire fence - 2430 blocks.

I need advice please

You'll actually need more than even 40 bags (budget for 60 bags if it's foundation is not done yet) .... The bricklayer underestimated and the 150k is cheap.. Very cheap.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2023
*Throwback Thursday: Imran Roofing Secures Prestigious Contract for Advent Lagos Hostel in 2022*

https://imranroofing.com.ng/2023/11/23/throwback-thursday-imran-roofing-secures-prestigious-contract-for-advent-lagos-hostel-in-2022/

*©️Imran Roofing*

IMRANROOFING ROOFED : BLOCK 3

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2023
lexini:
thank you bro.

do you think the labour cost of 150k is ok?

I've seen a couple of people telling you 150k is okay for the work... I agree because they're only considering the block laying @N50 or N60. = about 145k for block laying only.

But in real sence, there is digging of foundation, and casting of blinding before the actual block laying...

You see why I think 150k was cheap?

My advice wld be don't negotiate down.. Pay him and make him happy.

Ditto for cement too to foundation.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2023
Winniealfred1:
I got this drawing from my architect. What can say about this. The project is to be done in a village in oyo state where the soil is good. I am curious why so many pillers and it seems there will be concrete floor. I need advice

Your architect is right.
You need pillars in your house for rigidity.
The concrete floor helps you prevent future dampness.

I am only giving my personal experience and not an engineer smiley smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:42pm On Nov 23, 2023
redgem:
Good evening Michlins your advice is needed please...

I already have 2100L tank at the site and intend to buy another 2100L to place on the stand...

So, here is the issue, I totally forgot to give the welder this information, only to remember this evening. To cut the long story short, he said the stand can't carry 2 of 2100L except 2 of 1500L at the top and that it can only carry 2100L in the middle... I asked him why and he said cos he is using 2m galvanized pipe whatever and we've already agreed on price @350... 200k has already been paid so please, what can be done now?

Note: we never discussed about what materials to be used cos I know nothing about it, I just told him that I needed an 18ft tank stand and he sent me the pictures below

Send the picture of what he's doing for you.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2023
It's the ember months again and as is well known, most people are planning to move into their new homes before the new year arrives.
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 10% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this -ember months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
There will also be discounts on all our other services like
*Wall and deck screeding
*Pillars and Arc designs,
*Windows and doors design,
*Wall demarcation and skirting,
*Parapets screeding e.t.c
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2023
Without Down Proof Membrane! Dampness will be Experience even with concrete Flooring. The Pillars introduced are Very Ok.

folmus:

Your architect is right.
You need pillars in your house for rigidity.
The concrete floor helps you prevent future dampness.

I am only giving my personal experience and not an engineer smiley smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:09pm On Nov 23, 2023
GOOD EVENING, IYANA IPAJA,WHERE WE ARE,

Aboru area, by nairalander,

Tower casement with black glass and 16mm iron,
Check the finishing below,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 11:28pm On Nov 23, 2023
More Strength to complete your Project. Amen.

Adedward:
GOOD EVENING, IYANA IPAJA,WHERE WE ARE,

Aboru area, by nairalander,

Tower casement with black glass and 16mm iron,
Check the finishing below,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:44pm On Nov 23, 2023
Chinese floor tile 90by180
Still your blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 2:13am On Nov 24, 2023
Kindly check my this

https://www.nairaland.com/7920701/how-far-4-million-naira

Review n comment are welcomed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2023
Blessedsunny2:
Chinese floor tile 90by180
Still your blessed Sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed sam building materials enterprises
Can this be used for bathroom wall? And what is the cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 2:25am On Nov 24, 2023
dannie007:
Without Down Proof Membrane! Dampness will be Experience even with concrete Flooring. The Pillars introduced are Very Ok.

I assumed that's covered in his description of concrete ni o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 2:28am On Nov 24, 2023
Glocal1:
Is there 5inches block? For the fencing, we used 9inches for the foundation then 6inches above the foundation.
Yes there is 5" block. 9" isn't set for same price as 6" n if the charged u 240k for 2700 blocks which includes 9" n 6" I personally believe u got an awesome deal too. At 100ngn per blocks . Or do people set block and labou7 for less than 10p? I'm genuinely asking to know ohh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 2:31am On Nov 24, 2023
dannie007:
Without Down Proof Membrane! Dampness will be Experience even with concrete Floori ng. The Pillars introduced are Very Ok.

The bolded is dependent on the soil type. And the water level of that area. Although it's best practice to do it the dpc with dpm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:30am On Nov 24, 2023
dannie007:
More Strength to complete your Project. Amen.

thanks u oo, good morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:04am On Nov 24, 2023
saydfact:

Send the picture of what he's doing for you.

Goodluck

It has already been done and installed quite a while ago

(1) (2) (3) ... (3554) (3555) (3556) (3557) (3558) (3559) (3560) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.