Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3569) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391152 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2023
Adedward:
hmmmmm, if u do dat pls give us the feed back,

My best advice for u is to get quotes and compare sir, from there u will get where u are going, mind u no body want to do free work, those people u want to go and meet will still get there own too, and end of the day end up with more than ur budgets, there is no how u can gets it, the best is to find genuine person and do ur work with normal money thanks u,

You also have a good point too Sir. Thank you very much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2023
Good evening everyone, still your surest plug for roofing woods, decking woods bamboo, marine boards. Quality is guaranteed at affordable prices. Please call us 08032339807

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:44pm On Dec 07, 2023
Kenn55:
Hi All,

In building construction, is there anything wrong putting doors and windows immediately after roofing before plastering,electrical and plumbing works?

What should be the correct order after roofing especially if I want to suspend the project and do the remaining works gradually after some time?

I want to do one more stuff after roofing and divert my funds to another thing but I'm thinking of just putting the doors and windows but don't know if it makes sense.

Thanks

If you have not done your electrical first fix for both electrical and plumbing , you need to do that immediately after the rooding before anything.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 2:25am On Dec 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

Oga.

I am not an aluminum person o but let him break down what he will use to make each window.

Go to market ahead and do a preliminary study of costs of materials.

Measure each window together with him and do the recordings. Some up all that would be needed.
Go to market and buy them yourself. Give them to him to use while you monitor it. Just build in like 7% waste into the aluminum material. Waste in other materials may not the up to that or could above that. Max 10% across board.

You see those artisans, they are ev.il.
They pad anything padable.

You would be surprised it will take you half of what he quoted.

Sincerely all this stress no worth am unless na very big project and you know how to identify the product correctly....you might think you are saving until the fabricator tells you na OFEGE you buy

You never hear stories like na wetin you buy I use sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:32am On Dec 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

Oga.

I am not an aluminum person o but let him break down what he will use to make each window.

Go to market ahead and do a preliminary study of costs of materials.

Measure each window together with him and do the recordings. Some up all that would be needed.
Go to market and buy them yourself. Give them to him to use while you monitor it. Just build in like 7% waste into the aluminum material. Waste in other materials may not the up to that or could above that. Max 10% across board.

You see those artisans, they are ev.il.
They pad anything padable.

You would be surprised it will take you half of what he quoted.

I'm sorry but there are some things you don't go to the market to price or buy when building. Aluminum, and electrical is part of them.

Pls, just negotiate and pay the man to do his job.

You even pay more when you go buy this things yourself...

I'll personally never advice this approach.... Except it's block, cement and somi wood.

In my opinion... You'll always end up paying more or buying fake.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:34am On Dec 08, 2023
Godisgreatest1:
Good afternoon Everyone,

I humbly wish you screen the attached quotation for Aluminium Casement Window with the following details:

Glass Thickness- 5mm (Blue Mirror)
Thick material (Dull white)
Duration of Work-14 days.

Thank you in anticipation for your response.

In my opinion.
This quote is OK...

Negotiate or ask for discount and pay him to do the work.

Whatever you do, don't buy the materials yourself... You might end up regretting that. I said MIGHT.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:40am On Dec 08, 2023
dbshaywhy:
Dear professionals
Please, my soak away floor basement was leaking water, the floor was prepared laying nylon and pouring concrete before block setting (that's around March), we prepared 6 head pan of sharp sand, 4 pan of 3/4 down granite and 1 bag of cement, it was poured dried without water so as to soak up the water from the leakage while it blocked the leakage surface... But it failed...
What can I do or which chemicals can I use to stop the water leakage?
Thanks in anticipation.

I wld have said do a precast and sink it after it cures but I blive you've gone pass that stage.

You'll need a pump.

Pump out the water from one end and cast from the other end.

Chemical: Hilti has a lot of this waterproof chemicals, Google them and also Silka latex to bond old and new concrete.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:44am On Dec 08, 2023
Kenn55:
Hi All,

In building construction, is there anything wrong putting doors and windows immediately after roofing before plastering,electrical and plumbing works?

What should be the correct order after roofing especially if I want to suspend the project and do the remaining works gradually after some time?

I want to do one more stuff after roofing and divert my funds to another thing but I'm thinking of just putting the doors and windows but don't know if it makes sense.

Thanks

The answer is NO.
electrical conduit and pipe work wld generate a lot of dust, dirt and these could damage the door / window surface (since you can't control workers always).

I personally won't advice it.

Even door frames can't be done until you're ready to plaster.... because that's what hold the doors...

Reconsider your options.

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:52am On Dec 08, 2023
Adedward:
hmmmmm, if u do dat pls give us the feed back,

My best advice for u is to get quotes and compare sir, from there u will get where u are going, mind u no body want to do free work, those people u want to go and meet will still get there own too, and end of the day end up with more than ur budgets, there is no how u can gets it, the best is to find genuine person and do ur work with normal money thanks u,

Absolutely.

No way he won't regret.
And if he goes this way on aluminum that's relatetively cheap.. He wld attempt it on electrical that's expensive.. Then trouble starts in few months time.

There are some things with all my years in the industry that I don't even buy myself..

Just pay a trusted person to deliver your job.

Everyone is happy.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 6:14am On Dec 08, 2023
saydfact:

I'm sorry but there are some things you don't go to the market to price or buy when building. Aluminum, and electrical is part of them.

Pls, just negotiate and pay the man to do his job.

You even pay more when you go buy this things yourself...

I'll personally never advice this approach.... Except it's block, cement and somi wood.

In my opinion... You'll always end up paying more or buying fake.

It is what we have tried. We didn’t end up paying more. Having first-hand info about everything helps lower cost.
Just tell the fabricator to come and fabricate on site. Simple.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 6:18am On Dec 08, 2023
Abbeyb1ack:

Sincerely all this stress no worth am unless na very big project and you know how to identify the product correctly....you might think you are saving until the fabricator tells you na OFEGE you buy

You never hear stories like na wetin you buy I use sir

Let him use it whether ofege or not. It is your project. Not his project.

You should expect they will condemn it.

None of the three main aluminum brands cannot be broken by hand. So why are you spending on Tower since you know thick imported can do the job. It is self conviction that: I USED TOWER or for bragging purpose that you are paying for.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:31am On Dec 08, 2023
saydfact:

In my opinion.
This quote is OK...

Negotiate or ask for discount and pay him to do the work.

Whatever you do, don't buy the materials yourself... You might end up regretting that. I said MIGHT.

Goodluck

Ok Sir, I will negotiate to see if there may be a slight reduction.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:30am On Dec 08, 2023
saydfact:

Absolutely.

No way he won't regret.
And if he goes this way on aluminum that's relatetively cheap.. He wld attempt it on electrical that's expensive.. Then trouble starts in few months time.

There are some things with all my years in the industry that I don't even buy myself..

Everyone is happy.

As it should be!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2023
Did this upgrade yesterday…
From 4 tubular batteries to 7.5kw lithium more juices

For your solar inverter solution let’s talk…

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adeememman(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

Let him use it whether ofege or not. It is your project. Not his project.

You should expect they will condemn it.

None of the three main aluminum brands cannot be broken by hand. So why are you spending on Tower since you know thick imported can so the job. It is self conviction that: I USED TOWER or for bragging purpose that you are paying for.
I'm not sure it's your field, premium is always premium and the quality will always be there. The only thing I will say is that good and strong fabrication is as important( more important self) as the quality of the materials.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:28am On Dec 08, 2023
saydfact:

Absolutely.

No way he won't regret.

Everyone is happy.
dats just the points,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:44am On Dec 08, 2023
adeememman:

I'm not sure it's your field, premium is always premium and the quality will always be there. The only thing I will say is that good and strong fabrication is as important( more important self) as the quality of the materials.

Not my field. This thing is stationary. It doesn’t move around. Even intruders or burglars will struggle cutting the least premium brands.

I see buying premium aluminum as display of wealth. Nothing more.

It is when you tell someone that an aluminum is TOWER that’s when he/she knows. Place all the brands side-by-side, you would hardly notice any difference, except the fabricator didn’t maintain precision, neatness and accuracy in any of the casements made.

There are better things to spend money on than on window frames.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:51am On Dec 08, 2023
nurd:

Although I don't know your location or what you want to use inside or if it's an engineer supervising for you, but I got a quote of 400k (complete with workmanship) for wiring 3 bedroom with visitors room. I'm supervising myself.

This is reasonable but you see all those 700k, 900k N1m+ quotations for 3 bedroom flat, make I no talk.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise home of kinds of building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justcallmenuel(m): 11:49am On Dec 08, 2023
Good morning guys, pls I need contact of someone in alausa that can help me with labsca and lassppa wahala.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 12:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
justcallmenuel:
Good morning guys, pls I need contact of someone in alausa that can help me with labsca and lassppa wahala.
you are the one who is looking for shortcuts now but tomorrow when they start to break down buildings you start regretting not following the due process. If you have all they asked for why do you need assistance? Offcourse someone will drop you their number promising you connections but if your building is defaulted you will regret it later.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:25pm On Dec 08, 2023
dbshaywhy:
Dear professionals
Please, my soak away floor basement was leaking water, the floor was prepared laying nylon and pouring concrete before block setting (that's around March), we prepared 6 head pan of sharp sand, 4 pan of 3/4 down granite and 1 bag of cement, it was poured dried without water so as to soak up the water from the leakage while it blocked the leakage surface... But it failed...
What can I do or which chemicals can I use to stop the water leakage?
Thanks in anticipation.

Any of these CoastarChem products should work fine for you.
Krystal Coat
Hydropruf WP 300
Coaster 2K : it's a two component waterproofing membrane with tough elastic properties suitable for both positive and negative
side waterproofing of interior and exterior concrete and
masonry surfaces.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:38pm On Dec 08, 2023
Kenn55:

This is scary. I'll probably have to plaster after roofing instead of the doors and windows I intended to do initially. At least they can steal plaster grin

Pop is next after plastering.
If you haven't done your Pop sir, I could handle that for you.

Call or WhatsApp: 09122348437

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rayd502(m): 5:46pm On Dec 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

Not my field. This thing is stationary. It doesn’t move around. Even intruders or burglars will struggle cutting the least premium brands.

I see buying premium aluminum as display of wealth. Nothing more.

It is when you tell someone that an aluminum is TOWER that’s when he/she knows. Place all the brands side-by-side, you would hardly notice any difference, except the fabricator didn’t maintain precision, neatness and accuracy in any of the casements made.

There are better things to spend money on than on window frames.

I agree with you on this...When I did mine ,I used Tower at the front of the building and some side windows visible from the front,while the others where thick ones.Now I can hardly differentiate between the two when I go around the house.

Although I must give credit to the fabricator,he did a fantastic job.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:30pm On Dec 08, 2023
hamtabfawaz:

Pop is next after plastering.
If you haven't done your Pop sir, I could handle that for you.

Call or WhatsApp: 09122348437

Yes the man is guru on this and others interiors designs.
———-

Our Royal hall construction is in progress now in earth filling stage

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Konetech: 7:21pm On Dec 08, 2023
Architectural visualization : Model and texture your counter top and stools in minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OajBMAQamS8
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 8:05pm On Dec 08, 2023
Rayd502:

I agree with you on this...When I did mine ,I used Tower at the front of the building and some side windows visible from the front,while the others where thick ones.Now I can hardly differentiate between the two when I go around the house.

Although I must give credit to the fabricator,he did a fantastic job.

Thank God you are buttressing my point. People don’t know the reason why TOWER is expensive in Nigeria. It is because of cost of manufacturing, locally.

It is cheaper to import and sell those thick ones than locally made ones.
Just get an experienced fabricator. That’s all.

I read somewhere here that this practice should not be tried on wiring. The more better way to tackle that is to let the electricians give you their quotations and mention the exact type you must buy. After this, go out there to authorized dealer or even directly from factory and buy.
Must an installer buy materials for me?

More so, our c.ut-throat artisans are waiting to bamboos you with their gimmicks on how to scrape your head.

Truly, fishes eat fishes. Nigeria is a damn jungle.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nurd(m): 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2023
MeineMutter:

Thank God you are buttressing my point. People don’t know the reason why TOWER is expensive in Nigeria. It is because of cost of manufacturing, locally.

It is cheaper to import and sell those thick ones than locally made ones.
Just get an experienced fabricator. That’s all.

I read somewhere here that this practice should not be tried on wiring. The more better way to tackle that is to let the electricians give you their quotations and mention the exact type you must buy. After this, go out there to authorized dealer or even directly from factory and buy.
Must an installer buy materials for me?

More so, our c.ut-throat artisans are waiting to bamboos you with their gimmicks on how to scrape your head.

Truly, fishes eat fishes. Nigeria is a damn jungle.

A few months ago, I was researching cement board to use for Exterior ceiling and was seeing 12k per one. I was still thinking about it. Then today, the Carpenter that wanted to do it for me said it costs 30k per one. Haa, from 12k? I later told him that's not the price that I've seen it elsewhere.

The lesson is, even if you're not buying yourself, nothing stops you from researching and knowing the price yourself in the market. Then when you get a quote, you'll be able to quantify it.

Mind you, this is for those who want to do DIY.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by christ007(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2023
christ007:
This is the first stage you need to know before installing a stamped concrete floor design in project

Note: this is not the first time I'm writing this process on here so for new people trying to complete their project I recommend you to do stamped concrete floor cause is had long lasting impression if you go for the right materials

First you need to do the landscaping of your compound cause probably you might need to do feeling after the landscaping so that you will not habd issues with water level

Second after the landscaping and the sand feeling then you go for your compacting machine to make everything look good when taking your level for the stamped concrete floor just like the picture on my post

I will keep you updated and pls kindly follow and like my page and my channel

https://whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaEWRmLICVfd5Bmyy61u

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100088172247436&mibextid=ZbWKwL

Work in progress

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MeineMutter: 10:12pm On Dec 08, 2023
nurd:

A few months ago, I was researching cement board to use for Exterior ceiling and was seeing 12k per one. I was still thinking about it. Then today, the Carpenter that wanted to do it for me said it costs 30k per one. Haa, from 12k? I later told him that's not the price that I've seen it elsewhere.

The lesson is, even if you're not buying yourself, nothing stops you from researching and knowing the price yourself in the market. Then when you get a quote, you'll be able to quantify it.

Mind you, this is for those who want to do DIY.

Exactly. Research! Don’t just do a few ‘negotiation’ with them and see yourself as a macho-man negotiator.
The carpenter guy is ready to swi.ndle you.

Don’t just throw your money at those people, except May be you didn’t sweat for the money.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:23pm On Dec 08, 2023
rotecch77:

———-

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 5:08am On Dec 09, 2023
rotecch77:

———-

Thanks a lot, My Oga at the Top . Engineer wey Sabi Construction✓•
God bless you•

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3566) (3567) (3568) (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.