Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403240 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:43am On Dec 12, 2023
BIGGIE121:

It is not a quote for a decking slab sir, I guess we are seeing it differently

I understand your point.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:15am On Dec 12, 2023
Reeefe:

Would be mounted on a kitchen decking. Nothing special
I've seen water tanks mounted directly on decked portions of a roof, but never a water tank on a tank stand mounted on a roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:19am On Dec 12, 2023
saydfact:

I believe what he means is.
There's a concrete space for tank already built on the roof... But they want to extend the height for more pressure... So they'll build the steel work and place it on the concrete slab.

grin grin grin
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought he meant, and I've never seen that before.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:30am On Dec 12, 2023
Rany4all:
Yeah, that's exactly what I thought he meant, and I've never seen that before.

People do that... to increase height and pressure.
something like the pics

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 10:18am On Dec 12, 2023
saydfact:

People do that... to increase height and pressure.
something like the pics
Not common in my area...definitely not seen such before. Thanks for the pics.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:50am On Dec 12, 2023
fashrola:

is this energy compliant? because I prefer central heating unit (120 Liters calorifier) with piping connections for hot water to all bathrooms and kitchen (All installed with mixers) instead of having individual heater in each bathrooms like what is common in lot of Nigerian homes.

Central water heater is better compare to power consumption. Having individual water heater in each bathrooms will definitely cost you more in terms of equipment itself and power consumption. The only thing that can coat you more using central heater is just the piping to each toilet...

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2023
topsy23:

Central water heater is better compare to power consumption. Having individual water heater in each bathrooms will definitely cost you more in terms of equipment itself and power consumption. The only thing that can coat you more using central heater is just the piping to each toilet...

Thanks
This central water heater...is it different from the solar water heater that is usually mounted on tank stand? If it's different, where is it usually installed and won't it cause water pressure problems?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:04pm On Dec 12, 2023
Rany4all:
I've seen water tanks mounted directly on decked portions of a roof, but never a water tank on a tank stand mounted on a roof.

Usually when u put the water tan on the decked portion of the roof the hight isn't enough to get good water pressure for the top flats shower n water heater. So u add a tank stand on the decking of 5 to 6ft to solve that. And also tank on concrete decking Usually causes issues for the decking directly if there is any leakage of the tank. So it's best u lift if from the concrete.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Reeefe(m): 1:05pm On Dec 12, 2023
Reeefe:
Please help me review this quote for a 5ft by 9ft ... tank stand with 5ft hight ( to be be used to highten a roof tank)

This is still needed please help
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2023
Rany4all:
This central water heater...is it different from the solar water heater that is usually mounted on tank stand? If it's different, where is it usually installed and won't it cause water pressure problems?

Central water heater can be solar powered or electricity powered. It depends on your pocket because they are are not the same price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2023
Quality roofing woods by us, loading to site in magboro.

Call us on 08032339807 let us give you quality hardwoods for your roofing be it 2by2, 2by3, 2by4, 2by6, 3by4 at affordable prices.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by doncafu(m): 5:36pm On Dec 12, 2023
Got this quotation for a 3 Bedroom House with just one Master bedroom.

Is this quotation good or the materials will not be enough for the roofing?

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Note: I have to type this because the original list is not clear enough.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 6:39pm On Dec 12, 2023
Reeefe:

Usually when u put the water tan on the decked portion of the roof the hight isn't enough to get good water pressure for the top flats shower n water heater. So u add a tank stand on the decking of 5 to 6ft to solve that. And also tank on concrete decking Usually causes issues for the decking directly if there is any leakage of the tank. So it's best u lift if from the concrete.
Ok, got it. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2023
topsy23:

Central water heater can be solar powered or electricity powered. It depends on your pocket because they are are not the same price
Is the electric one also installed on the tank stand or somewhere within the house?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:54pm On Dec 12, 2023
topsy23:

Thanks
Won’t central heater require a bigger kw generator (in a situation where there is no NEPA light)? But the individual water heaters could be powered by smaller generators especially if you don’t use all units at the same time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2023
doncafu:

I think the quote for the wood is fair enough. Just that the quote for the roofing sheets is kind of much 17 bundles for 3 bedroom ( that's over 300sqm). For the roofing nail that's also much what are they nailing.

Please kindly patronise us for your woods when ready.
Quality is guaranteed at affordable prices. We offer payment on delivery.

Call us on 08032339807 for more enquiries
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
Rany4all:

Installed this at a client site in awka 150liter centers heater…. Pressure pump was installed to push the flow…

This is serving 6bedroom duplex.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2023
twinskenny:

Installed this at a client site in awka 150liter centers heater…. Pressure pump was installed to push the flow…

So you installed the water heater right there on the ground just beside the kitchen balcony? Interesting!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:01pm On Dec 12, 2023
Rany4all:
So you installed the water heater right there on the ground just beside the kitchen balcony? Interesting!

Yes and you can see the pump by the side

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:23pm On Dec 12, 2023
doncafu:

I think the 2x2, the Zinc are not enough.

2x2 shd be reaching about 200.

And the 2x4 might be much.

BUT ALL THESE ARE GUESSES.... to get something more accurate, you'll need to share the roof plan (dimensioned).

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:30pm On Dec 12, 2023
Reeefe:
Please help me review this quote for a 5ft by 9ft ... tank stand with 5ft hight ( to be be used to highten a roof tank)

I don't think it's bad... Difficult without a sketch to know what's to be done exactly.

But considering the prices of steel now... I don't think it's bad.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 9:53pm On Dec 12, 2023
twinskenny:

Yes and you can see the pump by the side
Yes I do, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2023
twinskenny:

Very nice to see people investing in stuff like this.. ahn ahn..

Which one is water heater in every nook and cranny of the house while we can just have a central water heater and be done with it.

Kudos!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 10:32pm On Dec 12, 2023
saydfact:

I think the 2x2, the Zinc are not enough.

2x2 shd be reaching about 200.

And the 2x4 might be much.

BUT ALL THESE ARE GUESSES.... to get something more accurate, you'll need to share the roof plan (dimensioned).

Goodluck

The Zinc is much.17 bundles for a 3 bedroom that's much no matter the roof design.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2023
sonnie10:

Won’t central heater require a bigger kw generator (in a situation where there is no NEPA light)? But the individual water heaters could be powered by smaller generators especially if you don’t use all units at the same time.

The smaller ones are 1500W while the 100L and 120L are 2000W

For the 100Litres to 120Litres the power rating is just 2000W;
Using Ohms law P = IV,
and I = P/V,

Current rating is just I = 2000/220 approximately 9.1A

and they are single phase. With with your 4KW generator you are okay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:56pm On Dec 12, 2023
gentlesoul83:

The Zinc is much.17 bundles for a 3 bedroom that's much no matter the roof design.

I agree... 17 bundle is about 250m2..
Shd be enough.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2023
sonnie10:

Why will you need electric waters heater, when you can get solar water heater bill free for at least 5 year guarantee, at about the same of all the units combine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2023
kopell:
Why will you need electric waters heater, when you can get solar water heater bill free for at least 5 year guarantee, at about the same price of all the units combine.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:02am On Dec 13, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:04am On Dec 13, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Home of kinds of building materials

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 2:07am On Dec 13, 2023
Dfameguy11s dealer of kinds of building materials, osinachiadima global enterprise

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ishadfurnitures: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2023
Chat here for a quote / bill of quantity Engineer Ade on 08099212590
Domlayomi:
Hello bosses and professional,

Pls i wish to do concrete flooring for my compound of 385sqm.
With a thickness of 4inches howmuch materials will i be needing.

Cement, sand, gravel. Normal concrete flooring not stamped one cos of prices of chemicals. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (3569) (3570) (3571) (3572) (3573) (3574) (3575) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.