Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,540 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (364) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387768 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Plz who go epping me write names down? I have been on top big Ben watching Brexit take place grin
It's realy getting hot in here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 4nobody4every1: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:
I am going to say this on a GENERAL LEVEL..... as someone who works within the "Security Apparatchik" and a Lawful Citizen.
I am also my Brother's Keeper so l owe it a duty to "express worry" .....when l see something going wrong.

1.) In this internet Age, what we say/WRITE ONLINE is different and even worse than what we SAY with our MOUTH (which can be denied, if not "On Record"wink

2.) We SAY things that we dont MEAN..... but even MEAN (do) what we dont SAY! Either way,
"Words are like Broken Eggs"! IRRECOVERABLE

3.) Not even a few people have gone to JAIL, just for saying something ONLINE.... even when they later claimed they said it as a JOKE!
Direct, Indirect and Concealed "ACTIVE" THREAT TO LIFE is a serious matter!
I said "Active" because its one thing say "I will Kill you"! Its another level when you OPENLY SOLICIT for a MEANS to carry it out!
People in Diaspora should know this even better!

4.) JUSTIFIABLE INTENTION at times, may lead to UNJUSTIFIABLE ACTIONS.
The former "is NOT" a VALID excuse for the latter.
(I always say: Never ACT, when you are ANGRY! The results is not always the best.)

5.) There is a Yoruba proverb (which l will just render in English, so we can all appreciate it) that says " The WITCH BRAGGED yesterday... and the CHILD DIED today, who would think twice before concluding that "it was the Witch that killed the Child"?

6.) God forbid if anything happens and the "Child actually gets killed"...... l tell you, running abroad is not even an option, everyone here (with the right tools and personnel) can be traced.... if the need arises!
I pray we dont use our own mouth (fingers) to put ourselves in an "Had l known" situation!

7.) It only takes "MOTIVE" .... and the "WEAPON" to establish GUILT, in a MURDER case!..... right now, l am seeing one, and an "active intention" to "acquire" the second

8.) Those who encourage MURDER (whether seriously or jokingly) should know that "ACCESSORY to MURDER" is a serious Felony that carries a hefty Jail term. [/b]
[b]RIGHTEOUS Anger can lead to UNRIGHTEOUS Consequences.

ALWAYS be in CONTROL of your Emotions, ....no matter how angry you are and how justified your Anger is!

9.) "COINCIDENCE" is when[b] ACTION meets WORDS[/b] .... even when both are supposed to be unrelated.
May we never be the Victim of a "Bad-Coincidence"!
Those who "urged you-on", will not be there to "back-you-Up", when shyte-hits-the-Fan.
Ask FFK and Olisah Metuh, if still in doubt

10.) Dont SAY what you DONT MEAN!.... its even worse when you put it into writing ....especially on the INTERNET! lipsrsealed

Time to seat back and C-CAUTION!

As for me, l SEE no Evil, HEAR No Evil and SPEAK No Evil

Lastpage!

Somehow, Brabus just took a "Life Insurance Policy" ..... without paying a dime! undecided undecided
l agree with everything you wrote here, l was in Sydney- Australia last year to visit a family member and something similar to this happened in the community where my family member lived but although the threat / post was made on facebook, it was a money related transaction and the aggrieved posted something relating to killing his friend who owed him, guess what happened, few months down the line, the guy was shot dead in a different incident in a night club, the police and the security started investigating, the guy who made the threat was arrested although he was on vacation to Costa Rica with his girlfriend, but that post he made on facebook is what the police are now using against the guy, the case is still on as l type, lets be cautious of what we post online, the world is now a global village interconnected with the internet that anything we say / post online can be traced and used against us.

@ Brabus, if l was in your shoes, l will take a break from Nairaland, and try and appease / settle amicably all those l have stepped on, stop posting , chill, your clients are hurting badly, they are not happy that you are posting / answering construction related questions whereas you didnt do due diligence on all the jobs you got from them. sad

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
I just love this thread...........full of the good not so good, the bad, the ugly and hypocrites. grin

Make una continue....i dont know if na the thread dey shack me or the 40% liquor wey I put inside my coffee for office. But continue.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JSparrow(m): 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ QC1 I hardly comment on this forum but I really feel bad about the foundation problems you have. What is the current status with the house, have u tried any remedial measures? Is it currently inhabited?. I would suggest you engage some engineers on the forum, segcymoor, abdul e.t.c and try and proffer solutions and save your investment. As for the "builder" we should all move past that, in saner climes not everyone dabbles into construction. You could be a contractor ,but you should have in your employ professionals, these are the issues we try to impress on our NSE leadership to enforce. Qualified and "tested" builders here should also take a stand , before oil rubs on the rest fingers.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
Please house I am looking for a very good Geotechnical film that can carry out soil analysis for a client in Benin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
abdulwastecx:
Please house I am looking for a very good Geotechnical film that can carry out soil analysis for a client in Benin

Cc lastpage

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ QC1,

If I may ask , were there no reinforcements used for this german floor? I can't see any iron rod in these pictures. Perhaps I am not looking well. undecided

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2016
KolaShangOne:

You see what I'm saying sir.. Our brothers who deal in importation find profit by all means. It's not the fault of the trusted supplier o.. No be wetin he see for factory he go buy?
If you want a very very accurate Guage, go to Tower. You can still use First Aluminium too.. But the price eh.

On Tuesday, I bought Metcoppo 0.55 for 2847 per metre (before discount)

Is the First Aluminium more expensive than Tower then?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Onuokwu: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2016
As an active commentator on this thread who have made comments on disputes between members in the past, let me put it on record that I am not in support of any act of violence, or threat of violence, or solicitation to acquire firearms for the purpose of causing harm to other members of this thread in settlement for any commercial transaction between parties.

I have found it necessary make such a dissociation in view of the escalating nature of belligerent language on this thread, and an open threat to cause harm that appears to have gotten endorsement from a part of this community.

I reaffirm that the best and recognized way to settle commercial disputes remains either through "arbitration" or the established courts regardless of our personal views about their efficacy.

This disclaimer is for the matter of records.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Onuokwu:
As an active commentator on this thread who have made comments on disputes between members in the past, let me put it on record that I am not in support of any act of violence, or threat of violence, or solicitation to acquire firearms for the purpose of causing harm to other members of this thread in settlement for any commercial transaction between parties.

I have found it necessary make such a dissociation in view of the escalating nature of belligerent language on this thread, and an open threat to cause harm that appears to have gotten endorsement from a part of this community.

I reaffirm that the best and recognized way to settle commercial disputes remains either through "arbitration" or the established courts regardless of our personal views about their efficacy.

Your disclaimer is duly noted and I share the same sentiment.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

Cc lastpage

Can you please quote ANYWHERE, that l claimed to be a Geotechnical Engineer?

I dont take kindly to "impersonation" please.

abdulwastecx:

@Abdulwastecx:

I would also suggest that you specify the TYPE of TEST (CPT, SPT, e.t.c) the Professional (you are recommending) will undertake (in writing) and further ensure that it is what is being given out in the Report.

To recommend people nowadays, one has to be very specific and also follow-up .... so that a hard-earned "good reputation like yours, .....is not tainted!
I dont want someone to start asking you to refund "Soil test" Money....because you are the one who linked the Client to the Test Contractor!
grin grin
Even if (when) you did it "in good faith"!

Sorry, l dont have someone to recommend! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Onuokwu:

[size=18pt]Ch-ai !! shocked shocked ...................

O-n-u-o-k-w-u my Bloo-oder! [/size] grin grin grin

Sharp Man!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
danowena:
@ QC1,

If I am may ask , were there no reinforcements used for this german floor? I can't see any iron rod in these pictures. Perhaps I am not looking well. undecided

Obviously, there is no iron rod, not even a Wire-Mesh.... in that "German" Floor!

The next obvious question is: Was it Brabus did this German floor?

That would be very sad, to say the least. angry angry

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:

@Abdulwastecx:

I would also suggest that you specify the TYPE of TEST (CPT, SPT, e.t.c) the Professional (you are recommending) will undertake (in writing) and further ensure that it is what is being given out in the Report.

To recommend people nowadays, one has to be very specific and also follow-up .... so that a hard-earned "good reputation like yours, .....is not tainted!
I dont want someone to start asking you to refund "Soil test" Money....because you are the one who linked the Client to the Test Contractor!
grin grin

Lastpage!

Bros no vex na. I was only trying to point the gentleman to the right direction for suggestions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
4nobody4every1:
l agree with everything you wrote here, l was in Sydney- Australia last year to visit a family member and something similar to this happened in the community where my family member lived but although the threat / post was made on facebook, it was a money related transaction and the aggrieved posted something relating to killing his friend who owed him, guess what happened, few months down the line, the guy was shot dead in a different incident in a night club, the police and the security started investigating, the guy who made the threat was arrested although he was on vacation to Costa Rica with his girlfriend, but that post he made on facebook is what the police are now using against the guy, the case is still on as l type, lets be cautious of what we post online, the world is now a global village interconnected with the internet that anything we say / post online can be traced and used against us.

@ Brabus, if l was in your shoes, l will take a break from Nairaland, and try and appease / settle amicably all those l have stepped on, stop posting , chill, your clients are hurting badly, they are not happy that you are posting / answering construction related questions whereas you didnt do due diligence on all the jobs you got from them. sad

That case would have been long tossed out of court here in the US.

You need three things, motive, means and opportunity to make such charges stick.

But it's not a healthy comment to have been made.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

Bros no vex na. I was only trying to point the gentleman to the right direction for suggestions.

Bros Lastpage didn't vex. If he did I believe that yellow and green would have been included in the cacophony colors grin

I kid I kid, really I love crayola.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:

Obviously, there is no iron rod, not even a Wire-Mesh.... in that "German" Floor!

Lastpage!

He admitted that he did the first floor slab.

n3xt:

Stopped at first floor slab and that's no multistory. Just a raised bugalow. Just a about 40sqm with void section added to it.

We are still going round the circles. 2017 is 6 months away

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Bros Lastpage didn't vex. If he did I believe that yellow and green would have been included in the cacophony colors grin

Hahahahahahaha... grin i just shutdown my computer for the week o. I dey go house. The way I dey laugh here ehn.. make dem no come say make I take sometime off go see a psych doctor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 7:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
Lets not jump to conclusions here. There may be iron rods/ wire mesh embeded somewhere grin grin

Let's defer to the builder to confirm. No more assumptions on Nairaland grin grin

lastpage:

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 7:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Whiskey Tango Foxtrout ! Houston we have a problem. shocked. No wire mesh seen true true o

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:

@Abdulwastecx:

grin grin

Lastpage!

Thank you sir

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

No wahala, I nor vex!

I am just setting the records,
staright
, like my blooder Onuokwu! grin

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
brag3:
Lets not jump to conclusions here. There may be iron rods/ wire mesh embeded somewhere grin grin

Let's defer to the builder to confirm. No more assumptions on Nairaland grin grin

Absolutely 'NO' !

Reason l said "No" is that "I" dont want Brabus to keep trying to defend himself on this matter again.

In doing so, the Clients get offended even more but at the same time, I understand his need to "CLARIFY" certain things that he feels are "not ACCURATE" in the narration.

[size=14pt]It seems to me, it is we "Aprokos" that are stoking the fire, goading Brabus into "self defence" only to turn around and accuse him of gloating![/size] shocked shocked

"The heart of Man is exceedingly wicked, honestly". angry angry

Lastpage!

BTW: I am not inferring in anyway, whether it was Brabus that did that German floor or not (I was not there).
I only said there is no Iron on that "flooring", ....German or French! That much seems obvious.

I hope Brabus will not fall for the BAIT again... and again! undecided

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Haahaaahaaa!

Shey l nor tell you?
This "Egun" nor be Masquerade wey fall from heaven! grin
Na humanbeing dey hide under that cloth-garb!
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Okay, enough is enough. Lets make progress!
Can we start making suggestions on how to save this building?
We never know where the brilliant idea/inspiration might come from.

Question: What will you do to SAVE this house (at the current state), if it were yours

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 8:04pm On Jun 24, 2016
Haba, It's not like that. Think you got me wrong.

If iron rods were not used then an explanation as to why they were not used does not constitute defence.

Do you not think it prudent that learners like me and maybe some others need to understand certain things.

That's not goading as you put it. That's putting that facts straight grin grin

Let me put it this way. do you think iron rods should have been used and if they were not used can you give any reason why?

Like I said I am just a learner so your wisdom on this area will be appreciated.

lastpage:

Absolutely 'NO' !

Reason l said "No" is that "I" dont want Brabus to keep trying to defend himself on this matter again.

In doing so, the Clients get offended even more but at the same time, I understand his need to "CLARIFY" certain things that he feels are "not ACCURATE" in the narration.

[size=14pt]It seems to me, it is we "Aprokos" that are stoking the fire, goading Brabus into "self defence" only to turn around and accuse him of gloating![/size] shocked shocked

"The heart of Man is exceedingly wicked, honestly". angry angry

Lastpage!

BTW: I am not inferring in anyway, whether it was Brabus that did that German floor or not (I was not there).
I only said there is no Iron on that "flooring", ....German or French! That much seems obvious.

I hope Brabus will not fall for the BAIT again... and again! undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:07pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

That case would have been long tossed out of court here in the US.

You need three things, motive, means and opportunity to make such charges stick.

But it's not a healthy comment to have been made.

Motive: He messed-Up my building Job (Very strong one)

Means: Soliciting and Seeking to acquire a Gun

Opportunity: Blue Pally to bail-out within 10mins, (as stated openly, in his post!) of doing "a favor"! shocked

Just read that post again! it is slam-dunk. undecided undecided

#AnAngryManIsDangerous

Qc1:

Anyone knows how I can get a licensed short gun or M-16 in Nigeria? I'm in need of one desperately!.

Thanks.

Qc1:
Thank God for blue passport. It takes just 10 minutes to get in and out and do everyone on this forum a big favor!

Enough of this ignorant rat- bloodclat already!!!

"Never make a decision especially you are angry".

If l were him, l will take down those comments IMMEDIATELY....NOW, NOW!

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
I was extremely lucky, I had done a lot of reading up and learnt a lot from NL. This is what happened during my german floor, me and Bosun had rows and rows, and a friend of mine (name whitheld) had to reconcile us. He didnt deliver the number of trips of sand that i paid for, in the end I had to start ordering it myself, and paying labourers myself. Whats the F******* point of an Engineer then or a QUACK !

I do not see any 12mm rods on QC foundation, QC please confirm as this is very important.

Before Bosun starts to claim credit for the use and implementation of hardcore, see the discussion that led to it. It was my idea, even from thousands of miles away, I was telling my engineer how to do his job, engineer and engineer mistress as well !

And I insisted I pay for it, he wanted to defraud me but he didnt know I have eyes at the back of my head, paid 300k for 2 trucks, he dropped only one and wanted to use it like that, but i insisted i needed to see the picture of the second drop.

danowena:
@ QC1,

If I may ask , were there no reinforcements used for this german floor? I can't see any iron rod in these pictures. Perhaps I am not looking well. undecided

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
lastpage:

Haahaaahaaa!

Shey l nor tell you?
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Question: What will you do to SAVE this house (at the current state), if it were yours

Okay let's get started.

QC1 - what is the current status? I believe it rained in Lagos recently.

AbdulWastecx - you were going to travel to Lagos I thought, could you make a detour and make a site visit to appraise the situation?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 8:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
Honest answer? Being a none-engineer I will most probably plead/beg Aventures or Spyder or Segymore to have a look at it.

I wont sink anymore money into it unless I am 100% sure that the right solutions have been provided. If I have to pay some millions to salvage it then so be it.

I know it may be election after campaign but I will also ask for another soil test to be done (if one has already been done)

lastpage:

Haahaaahaaa!

Shey l nor tell you?
undecided undecided

Lastpage!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EndiaSami: 8:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

I explained to you na why I didn't patronize you cos I was thinking na racket. But i know you better now as a correct guy and even regret not using your service.

I will make it up. I promise.

Okay boss
Thanks a lot...
Sharing all those bathroom wares ideas was fun tho smiley.

Thanks again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brag3: 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
We seem to be jumping the gun here but unless I am totally blind (which alot of people seem to think grin grin) I cant see anywhere QC! mentioned shooting anyone. I saw the mention of procurement of the said firearm but I did not see any names mentioned.

Make I go get my 2nd pair of glasses

lastpage:

Motive: He messed-Up my building Job (Very strong one)

Means: Soliciting and Seeking to acquire a Gun

Opportunity: Blue Pally to bail-out within 10mins, (as stated openly, in his post!) of doing "a favor"! shocked

Just read that post again! it is slam-dunk. undecided undecided

#AnAngryManIsDangerous

"Never make a decision especially you are angry".

If l were him, l will take down those comments IMMEDIATELY....NOW, NOW!

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
brag3:
Haba, It's not like that. Think you got me wrong.

If iron rods were not used then an explanation as to why they were not used does not constitute defence.

Do you not think it prudent that learners like me and maybe some others need to understand certain things.

That's not goading as you put it. That's putting that facts straight grin grin

Let me put it this way. do you think iron rods should have been used and if they were not used can you give any reason why?

Like I said I am just a learner so your wisdom on this area will be appreciated.

At this point, l think SILENCE, especially on the part of Brabus.... and even the Client, is GOLDEN!

Let us focus our energy on how we can assist the Client to keep this building afloat.
That is where our energy should be directed!
Money? Sound Ideas? Encouragement? Prayers? e.t.c

Anyway, "we disagree to agree". Maybe l got you wrong.
I rest my case Sir!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DwanAy2021, nwaorlu, twinskenny(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.