Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,783 members, 7,834,631 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (363) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4440595 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 10:54am On Jun 24, 2016
spyder880:

Just before we all witness a violent action in this thread and section. Somebody should please help us call the moderators. NOW!!!

I am getting more uncomfortable browsing this particular thread everyday.

@Brabus, please keep off this talks as it is not helping matters. Please allow for good dialogue and eventual settlement of this matters.
@Qc1, please control your emotions and keep off these page if need be. We need to rest this issues until someone comes in to resolve all these.

Thank you all for your understanding.
Thank you Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2016
NL1960:

Do not worry yourself or bother yourself too much. I think QC1 is just trying to crack jokes. A person that want to take an action does not come to cyberspace to announce it. grin

^^^

Nobody take the California guy club incident dude seriously neither!

There's only one way to find out!

#desperateMINDisaDangerousMIND.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 11:51am On Jun 24, 2016
Happykay:

You definitely clinging to nairaland as if your whole life depends on it
Does it ?
If I were you I would take a chill pill and let everything die down naturally
You had more than 5 clients from nairaland and you all messed it up
Who do you blame for that ?
Nobody here will allow anybody to fall into your trap again
And work on your ego, you are too arrogant for my liking

I have never seen anyone as arrogant as he is.....

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:58am On Jun 24, 2016
Guys please can I get cost estimate for copping a fence of 60x120 in Lagos?.nothing too fancy just normal copping.Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 12:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
Qc1:
Thank God for blue passport. It takes just 10 minutes to get in and out and do everyone on this forum a big favor!

Enough of this ignorant rat- bloodclat already!!!

QC1 I will call you. Same #. You dont show ur cards before you deal it bro. Conceal your intentions sir. Use another man's hand to draw a snake out. Nothing is impossible sir..

Lets all calm down is just friday.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
write2obi:
you shouldn't be making comments like the bolded.
Someone's house is sinking and it's partially your fault. Say sorry, and do (keep doing) everything within your power to make things right.

Write2obi na you write this or was your account hacked? Nothing God cant do o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

QC1 I will call you. Same #. You dont show ur cards before you deal it bro. Conceal your intentions sir. Use another man's hand to draw a snake out. Nothing is impossible sir..

Hmm. True talk here. I don't doubt that some would be willing to do brabus in if chanced.
QC1 just placed himself in a dicey situation if someone else does so.
Oga brabus, take a 3 month leave of absence from nairaland.
Oga qc1, I will like to give some amateur suggestions as regards the build.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NL1960: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2016
NL1960:

Do not worry yourself or bother yourself too much. I think QC1 is just trying to crack jokes. A person that want to take an action does not come to cyberspace to announce it. grin

Qc1:

^^^

Nobody take the California guy club indecent dude seriously neither!

There's only one way to find out!

#desperateMINDisaDangerousMIND.

3strikes:

Now you get my drift. My all time favourite film is 'The good, the bad and the ugly'. A classic for me any day that i can watch over and over again and my favourite part and line is 'When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk' - Eli Wallach aka Tuco (Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez)

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 12:29pm On Jun 24, 2016
FreeWorld23:
You don't even need a licensed gun if u wanna commit murder cos your bullet will be registered with FG and u might end your life in jail. You need a gun from the street boys to complete that mission. I have contact of few. Pm me.

Agarawu you sef don dey sell guns? A lot of cowboys on property section o. Your gun no go fit work on Bosun. Brabus na Jazz man na grin. How you won take see am sef. Person wey dey construct burglary proof to protect himself and family.... grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

Write2obi na you write this or was your account hacked? Nothing God cant do o.
3strike this has always been my point all along, Just that you and baba Egunmogaji misunderstood me, I never said what he did was right.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Qc1:
Thank God for blue passport. It takes just 10 minutes to get in and out and do everyone on this forum a big favor!

Enough of this ignorant rat- bloodclat already!!!

Not worth it.

If I were you, I'll focus on stabilizing your house.

You'll open the paper one day to read a gift from karma.

It's inevitable that he'll cross the wrong person one day. That person won't come into Nairaland to vent.

So my brother just forget about what I think you're thinking.

The way he owes people all over Lagos, just wait and see.

My prayers for people like him is to be alive and well to see my successes.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
write2obi:

3strike this has always been my point all along, Just that you and baba Egunmogaji misunderstood me, I never said what he did was right.

I did not misunderstand you. Your point was clear.

Read the archives, he had no bigger supporter on here than me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 24, 2016
NL1960:

Now you get my drift. My all time favourite film is 'The good, the bad and the ugly'. A classic for me any day that i can watch over and over again and my favourite part and line is 'When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk' - Eli Wallach aka Tuco (Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez)

I've posted this clip at least thrice on this thread, luv the scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnFdTXtFdSE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
write2obi:
you shouldn't be making comments like the bolded.
Someone's house is sinking and it's partially your fault. Say sorry, and do (keep doing) everything within your power to make things right.

Hell has frozen.

I'll play baba Ijebu this weekend cause luck is in the air.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
spyder880:

Just before we all witness a violent action in this thread and section. Somebody should please help us call the moderators. NOW!!!

I am getting more uncomfortable browsing this particular thread everyday.

@Brabus, please keep off this talks as it is not helping matters. Please allow for good dialogue and eventual settlement of this matters.
@Qc1, please control your emotions and keep off these page if need be. We need to rest this issues until someone comes in to resolve all these.

Thank you all for your understanding.

Oga Spyder, did you say Moderator? What is a Moderator? smiley I am very confused.
I know there is Spambot though.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2016
I am going to say this on a GENERAL LEVEL..... as someone who works within the "Security Apparatchik" and a Lawful Citizen.
I am also my Brother's Keeper so l owe it a duty to "express worry" .....when l see something going wrong.

1.) In this internet Age, what we say/WRITE ONLINE is different and even worse than what we SAY with our MOUTH (which can be denied, if not "On Record"wink

2.) We SAY things that we dont MEAN..... but even MEAN (do) what we dont SAY! Either way,
"Words are like Broken Eggs"! IRRECOVERABLE

3.) Not even a few people have gone to JAIL, just for saying something ONLINE.... even when they later claimed they said it as a JOKE!
Direct, Indirect and Concealed "ACTIVE" THREAT TO LIFE is a serious matter!
I said "Active" because its one thing say "I will Kill you"! Its another level when you OPENLY SOLICIT for a MEANS to carry it out!
People in Diaspora should know this even better!

4.) JUSTIFIABLE INTENTION at times, may lead to UNJUSTIFIABLE ACTIONS.
The former "is NOT" a VALID excuse for the latter.
(I always say: Never ACT, when you are ANGRY! The results is not always the best.)

5.) There is a Yoruba proverb (which l will just render in English, so we can all appreciate it) that says " The WITCH BRAGGED yesterday... and the CHILD DIED today, who would think twice before concluding that "it was the Witch that killed the Child"?

6.) God forbid if anything happens and the "Child actually gets killed"...... l tell you, running abroad is not even an option, everyone here (with the right tools and personnel) can be traced.... if the need arises!
I pray we dont use our own mouth (fingers) to put ourselves in an "Had l known" situation!

7.) It only takes "MOTIVE" .... and the "WEAPON" to establish GUILT, in a MURDER case!..... right now, l am seeing one, and an "active intention" to "acquire" the second

8.) Those who encourage MURDER (whether seriously or jokingly) should know that "ACCESSORY to MURDER" is a serious Felony that carries a hefty Jail term. [/b]
[b]RIGHTEOUS Anger can lead to UNRIGHTEOUS Consequences.

ALWAYS be in CONTROL of your Emotions, ....no matter how angry you are and how justified your Anger is!

9.) "COINCIDENCE" is when[b] ACTION meets WORDS[/b] .... even when both are supposed to be unrelated.
May we never be the Victim of a "Bad-Coincidence"!
Those who "urged you-on", will not be there to "back-you-Up", when shyte-hits-the-Fan.
Ask FFK and Olisah Metuh, if still in doubt

10.) Dont SAY what you DONT MEAN!.... its even worse when you put it into writing ....especially on the INTERNET! lipsrsealed

Time to seat back and C-CAUTION!

As for me, l SEE no Evil, HEAR No Evil and SPEAK No Evil

Lastpage!

Somehow, Brabus just took a "Life Insurance Policy" ..... without paying a dime! undecided undecided

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:42pm On Jun 24, 2016
Roger that !
Should Bosun get a GOLDEN handshake for a job well done with all his builds especially for clients in Diaspora and perhaps some local suppliers/artisans ?

lastpage:
I am going to say this on a GENERAL LEVEL..... as someone who works within the "Security Apparatchik" and a Lawful Citizen.
I am also my Brother's Keeper so l owe it a duty to "express worry" .....when l see something going wrong.

1.) In this internet Age, what we say/WRITE ONLINE is different and even worse than what we SAY with our MOUTH (which can be denied, if not "On Record"wink

2.) We SAY things that we dont MEAN..... but even MEAN (do) what we dont SAY! Either way,
"Words are like Broken Eggs"! IRRECOVERABLE

3.) Not even a few people have gone to JAIL, just for saying something ONLINE.... even when they later claimed they said it as a JOKE!
Direct, Indirect and Concealed "ACTIVE" THREAT TO LIFE is a serious matter!
I said "Active" because its one thing say "I will Kill you"! Its another level when you OPENLY SOLICIT for a MEANS to carry it out!
People in Diaspora should know this even better!

4.) JUSTIFIABLE INTENTION at times, may lead to UNJUSTIFIABLE ACTIONS.
The former "is NOT" a VALID excuse for the latter.
(I always say: Never ACT, when you are ANGRY! The results is not always the best.)

5.) There is a Yoruba proverb (which l will just render in English, so we can all appreciate it) that says " The WITCH BRAGGED yesterday... and the CHILD DIED today, who would think twice before concluding that "it was the Witch that killed the Child"?

6.) God forbid if anything happens and the "Child actually gets killed"...... l tell you, running abroad is not even an option, everyone here (with the right tools and personnel) can be traced.... if the need arises!
I pray we dont use our own mouth (fingers) to put ourselves in an "Had l known" situation!

7.) It only takes "MOTIVE" .... and the "WEAPON" to establish GUILT, in a MURDER case!..... right now, l am seeing one, and an "active intention" to "acquire" the second

8.) Those who encourage MURDER (whether seriously or jokingly) should know that "ACCESSORY to MURDER" is a serious Felony that carries a hefty Jail term. [/b]
[b]RIGHTEOUS Anger can lead to UNRIGHTEOUS Consequences.

ALWAYS be in CONTROL of your Emotions, ....no matter how angry you are and how justified your Anger is!

9.) "COINCIDENCE" is when[b] ACTION meets WORDS[/b] .... even when both are supposed to be unrelated.
May we never be the Victim of a "Bad-Coincidence"!
Those who "urged you-on", will not be there to "back-you-Up", when shyte-hits-the-Fan.
Ask FFK and Olisah Metuh, if still in doubt

10.) Dont SAY what you DONT MEAN!.... its even worse when you put it into writing ....especially on the INTERNET! lipsrsealed

Time to seat back and C-CAUTION!

As for me, l SEE no Evil, HEAR No Evil and SPEAK No Evil

Lastpage!

Somehow, Brabus just took a "Life Insurance Policy" ..... without paying a dime! undecided undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by back2sender: 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
Roger that !
Should Bosun get a GOLDEN handshake for a job well done with all his builds especially for clients in Diaspora and perhaps some local suppliers/artisans ?

I have said it before Bosun major challenge is his inhumility. You can go thru the back door to make peace and this is not a sign of weakness rather strength but rather he throws jibes which is not good for a service provider.
I

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2016
From day one, what I've been saying is for the aggrieved to haul Brabus to court. Tie up NextHome in litigation for a length time.

I've never suggested nor edged or urged anyone to become violent. My responses on here and that are archived by Google will bear witness to that.

However, I will be relentless in exposing Brabus and his failed builds to the eyes of the world. Nothing I post is new to Nairaland, it's all here in the archives. If my bubbling it up to counter an alleged foundation expert makes certain quarters uncomfortable then I offer no apologies.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
When I started my battle with him once upon a time, and I told you all that he does it all on purpose to stick a finger/prove a point/exhibit wickedness. Few people believed me...

How time does tell !!
More to come.

back2sender:

I have said it before Bosun major challenge is his inhumility. You can go thru the back door to make peace and this is not a sign of weakness rather strength but rather he throws jibes which is not good for a service provider.
I

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Prefer something much stronger and not as time consuming, and I like the idea of challenging a state authority on why some members of their staff are an accessory to fraud. I like that angle.

EgunMogaji:
From day one, what I've been saying is for the aggrieved to haul Brabus to court. Tie up NextHome in litigation for a length time.

I've never suggested nor edged or urged anyone to become violent. My responses on here and that are archived by Google will bear witness to that.

However, I will be relentless in exposing Brabus and his failed builds to the eyes of the world. Nothing I post is new to Nairaland, it's all here in the archives. If my bubbling it up to counter an alleged foundation expert makes certain quarters uncomfortable then I offer no apologies.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I don't like to get involved in issues like this but Mr lastpage just summed up everything.

Building construction is a complex discipline, we keep learning everyday to improve ourself and do much better.

Some of Mr brabus' mistakes can happened to any builder here because we hardly carry out any soil test to ascertain soil engineering properties and when this soil is carried out, proper attention may not be paid to the laboratory test to determine all the parameters used for the analysis and design.

I worked for a consultancy film (briefly), they just copied and paste design without any analysis. Partly, this may be due to how low some clients are willing to pay(imagine some one paying 50 or 40k) for serious structural design of a duplex on a very poor soil.
In most cases after the soil test might have been done properly , the analysis and design may not be done properly... So you run into many problem.

I have turned down lots of job because either the design were poorly done and the owner is not willing to changed it or half way job with poorly don foundation. For example, I visited a site in warri to investigate a house that belongs to a "Nairalander '', I was shocked when I saw poorly the foundation and the first floor was,
the man wanted us to do the slab and upper floor but I turned it down. I then advice him to either convert the house to a Bungalow or demolish it because I know the house is a disaster waiting to happen.

Oga brabus has learnt one two lessons from those work as I have learned a lot from them. I have visited all those thread and look at things myself.... Learning is a continuous thing and we stop learning when we die

This is indeed a very very nice write up. I'm clapping. Even as a professionals in our various fields, we are all still human beings. We stop listening the day we die.

There's still enormous responsibility on Pros to avoid fundamental mistakes. A mistake on foundation cannot be easily corrected, a mistake in finishes can easily be corrected. Once again, thumbs up for your write up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:03pm On Jun 24, 2016
Same Naija law that can't even prosecute Saraki?

grin

So agarawu wey be bosun friend na him won sell gun online to client...na who say make street take over few days ago again?

Be like street don dey take over on this thread o

Like I said...make everybody calm down na.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:08pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
Roger that !
Should Bosun get a GOLDEN handshake for a job well done with all SOME OF his builds especially for clients in Diaspora and perhaps some local suppliers/artisans ?

Handshake my azz! Not a FAT CHANCE!

We all know that, he knows that.

But you will agree with me, planning MURDER is on a different level.
There are other "lawful ways" to thrash out a contractual misadventure.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
mavverick:
Prefer something much stronger and not as time consuming, and I like the idea of challenging a state authority on why some members of their staff are an accessory to fraud. I like that angle.

You're right Sir.

I got educated by my real estate lawyer on that.

When my seller came back to ask for more money, I told him to sue.

After he stopped laughing he told me that we should be thankful that we actually have land and that my build will be stuck while the case stays in court for 10 years.

I like your angle too. If the government employee is exposed then he'll lean on Brabus and the house of deck will fall.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Maybe our lawyers are no longer professional. grin
I see a lot of people calling themselves proffesional these days and they come on NL to even claim it, its vary laughable ! grin

3strikes:

grin

So agarawu wey be bosun friend na him won sell gun online to client...na who say make street take over few days again?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
3strikes:

grin

So agarawu wey be bosun friend na him won sell gun online to client...na who say make street take over few days again?

Did I just hear you compare Brabus to Saraki?

Look stop making me laugh at work grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Glad we agree grin
The new Governor/his team are trying to impress, I would not say much more than I need to say but I will update the house on developments in due course.

EgunMogaji:

You're right Sir.

I got educated by my real estate lawyer on that.

When my seller came back to ask for more money, I told him to sue.

After he stopped laughing he told me that we should be thankful that we actually have land and that my build will be stuck while the case stays in court for 10 years.

I like your anger too. If the government employee is exposed then he'll lean on Brabus and the house of deck will fall.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
KolaShangOne:

This is indeed a very very nice write up. I'm clapping. Even as a professionals in our various fields, we are all still human beings. We stop listening the day we die.

There's still enormous responsibility on Pros to avoid fundamental mistakes. A mistake on foundation cannot be easily corrected, a mistake in finishes can easily be corrected. Once again, thumbs up for your write up.

Learning is good but don't do it on your customers dime. That's why we have apprentice. Brabus can go learn under Skimanski, Spyder880, etc

Also, don't gloat in front of a dissatisfied client.

I have no problem with learning and education.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Did I just hear you compare Brabus to Saraki?

Look stop making me laugh at work grin

Of property section and agarawu is Dino

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:17pm On Jun 24, 2016
So how many rides does agarawu have then ? and what are the plate numbers !! DInO1 DinO2
And despite being Dino, he still dey sell gun online ?
Na wa oo grin

3strikes:

Of property section and agarawu is Dino

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
ANBAKO:

@vicol @kolashangone @mufutau55 So I got the shocker of my life today. My Brother brought to my site today, a "trusted" supplier of aluminium roofing sheet with "samples of 0.55mm and 0.45mm". As part of my QA/QC or due diligence, I brought out caliper to measure. Guess what!!! 0.25mm and 0.35mm respectively!!! I was shocked!!! Please note that caliper is well calibrated.

Anyways, I continue my search for a "good" sheet!!!

You see what I'm saying sir.. Our brothers who deal in importation find profit by all means. It's not the fault of the trusted supplier o.. No be wetin he see for factory he go buy?
If you want a very very accurate Guage, go to Tower. You can still use First Aluminium too.. But the price eh.

On Tuesday, I bought Metcoppo 0.55 for 2847 per metre (before discount)

(1) (2) (3) ... (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.