Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370464 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3634) (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MDDarah84(m): 4:37pm On Mar 16
Help me,
My tiler is charging me #900 per square meter.
Is this not overcharging please?

Project is in Ondo state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:23pm On Mar 16
Pop & wall screeding

We are available

Note: real work pictures attached

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:00pm On Mar 16
mrphysics:
Today, I purchased 25 Tons granite for my upper floor lintel and parapet cast.
Site is in Ebonyi State.

I sent my Engr. to the Quarry because of the belief that the drivers whom we entrust the entire purchase on often cheats. Fortunately, he went on Wednesday and was told that the price is ₦13,700/ton and the price will be reviewed starting from today to ₦15,700/ton. We luckily made payment yesterday and took delivery today. As at yesterday, the queue was much and they concentrated on Setraco Trucks.

We were also told that the 10 tyres tipper can not carry 30 tons and was advised to go for 28 tons. Due to the price at hand, I decided to buy 25 tons and its the best decision because I doubt the truck could have carried 28 tons.

Total cost:

Granite = ₦13,700/ton x 25 = ₦342,000
Government Toll = Flat Rate = ₦7,000
Transportation = N100,000
Total = ₦449,500

I think drivers are the biggest beneficiaries of this business. Because the distance is not too far yet they charged ₦100k.

I gave my Engr. N5k for Transport.

What was the destination from quarry to your site since is same Ebonyi for the transportation fee of 100k ?

Did you make any savings doing it this way than paying outright to a driver?
What's was your major motivation? Accurate stone quantity or savings or both...cheers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 8:15pm On Mar 16
ATLANTIC01:
Atlantic interiors and exteriors.

We just Delivered this TV console for a client at Agbara.

Hdf High gloss with wall cladding

Instagram: atlantic_interiors

What’s the cost of this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 8:21pm On Mar 16
DFAMEGUY11S:
Good morning my people of Nairaland customer and friends I hail to you all , I remain osinachiadima global enterprise knows as Dfameguy11s

kindly share the prices of your wc
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sekzy99(m): 8:31pm On Mar 16
michlins:
No need for long talks. You pay and I deliver
how much for the front steel door?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mrphysics(m): 8:32pm On Mar 16
dongc:

What was the destination from quarry to your site since is same Ebonyi for the transportation fee of 100k ?

What's was your major motivation? Accurate stone quantity or savings or both...cheers

Well, googles estimate of the distance is 20km and expects the time taken to reach the town to be 20mins from the quarry to the site's location. Lets even say 25km. I think the cost of transport is high.

Overall, I think I saved money buying before their price increment and also getting the correct quantity. Previously, I give the driver money for 30 tons and he will probably buy either 20 tons or 22 tons.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 12:49am On Mar 17
Guys, I've been afraid to do my electrical ever since I got this quote from my electrician. Please someone should help me check these. My house is 3 bedroom bungalow with 4 toilets.

Are these materials too much? Can anyone supply me original and complete cable with warranty at cheaper rate? I'm in abuja

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:28am On Mar 17
MDDarah84:
Help me,
My tiler is charging me #900 per square meter.
Is this not overcharging please?

Project is in Ondo state

Might not be
Tilers charge btw 750 - 1000 these days.

The amount depends on his quality of work.

Just negotiate to what you can afford.

Goodluck

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aieromon(m): 5:47am On Mar 17
Balistic4:
Guys, I've been afraid to do my electrical ever since I got this quote from my electrician. Please someone should help me check these. My house is 3 bedroom bungalow with 4 toilets.

Are these materials too much? Can anyone supply me original and complete cable with warranty at cheaper rate? I'm in abuja

- The number of coils is suspect.
- Original cable is available for purchase from authorised distributors in Abuja.
- The price quoted is on the low spectrum so you need to find out the name of the brand and decide if you are comfortable with it.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 5:52am On Mar 17
Balistic4:

Way too much IN MY OPINION.

I say this having 2 things on mind.

1. My house is a duplex and I didn't buy this much
2. My electrical Engr did an estimate for another duplex recently and he didn't get this much cables (pls don't ask me to link him to you, he's not available)

3. 16mm is run from your meter to the DB - how far is that distance to require 2 coils (yes he needs red and black but a fraction of 1 is OK - not the full coil) eg you might need half of red and half of black.

My comments are based on the 3 above - still seek advice from another electrical expert.

Goodluck

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:25am On Mar 17
Akerewe:
Good day engineer in the house,

Pls is it possible to use 60*60 tiles on toilet and bathroom wall?

The answer is yes....most suitable for BIG size toilets / bath.

You just need to make sure its Matt (non slippery) tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 6:33am On Mar 17
oote:
Hello House please how much will it cost to build 4BR bungalow in Mowe, Ogun State.
Thanks in anticipation of your feedback.

Hi.
What's the answer you seek?

Just start and find out.. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 6:49am On Mar 17
saydfact:

The answer is yes....most suitable for BIG size toilets / bath.

You just need to make sure its Matt (non slippery) tiles.

Thanks for the insight Engineer but if pls why MATTE ON THE WALL not even satin. I never knew MATTE can work on bathroom wall. Its always polish on the wall

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:08am On Mar 17
Akerewe:

Thanks for the insight Engineer but if pls why MATTE ON THE WALL not even satin. I never knew MATTE can work on bathroom wall. Its always polish on the wall

Thanks for the correction....
My mind was on FLOOR TILES .

Imy answer shd be a simple YES.... 60x60 can be used on toilet walls..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:14am On Mar 17
Balistic4:

Too much haba!

But then looking at prices seems he quoted for all those cable that are barely 70meters in length

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:26am On Mar 17
sekzy99:
kindly share the prices of your wc
07087953771 for prices and picture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ATLANTIC01: 8:51am On Mar 17
sekzy99:

What’s the cost of this?

The size of your wall will determine the cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 9:13am On Mar 17
saydfact:

Thanks for the correction....
My mind was on FLOOR TILES .

Imy answer shd be a simple YES.... 60x60 can be used on toilet walls..

Thanks for the insight chief, more Wisdom

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:56am On Mar 17
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry...

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L black Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 25 Litres = N12,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L white Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,500 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N8,000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N7,000

Electrolyte 5L = N4,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N18,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.265 - 1.280 specific gravity range.

*Deionized H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell deionized water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos (Estate is situated behind popular Solomon grace secondary schools ,off Abiodun Onitiri avenue) but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense..

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE::::: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: 081-703-85620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tee92(m): 11:06am On Mar 17
dongc:

Good question.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:22am On Mar 17
Balistic4:

The quantities are way too high

Those rate are old rate except he's using imported or china cable

You can send me the house plan and you will get the quantities of cables required...
WhatsApp 08033643191

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:33am On Mar 17
Bankyshinani:
Please o my ogas in the house....
How much is pop cement and pop paint?

Value paints pop Paint #6,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:30pm On Mar 17
sekzy99:
how much for the front steel door?
75,000 only

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obnoxious2001(m): 12:43pm On Mar 17
Balistic4:

Is there an electrical plan?
E fit be say he still dey quote to wire him intellectual property as he dey work grin grin

The reason this stuff is inflated is, the electrician plans to get the workmanship you will not agree to pay via wire grin grin grin.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 1:05pm On Mar 17
mrphysics:

Well, googles estimate of the distance is 20km and expects the time taken to reach the town to be 20mins from the quarry to the site's location. Lets even say 25km. I think the cost of transport is high.

Overall, I think I saved money buying before their price increment and also getting the correct quantity. Previously, I give the driver money for 30 tons and he will probably buy either 20 tons or 22 tons.

Thank you for the response...Complete quantity beating price hike ~ at least peace of mind...extra savings with transportation cost would have made it even worthwhile....cheers

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dannie007(m): 1:23pm On Mar 17
The Quote is too Much Half of the Listed Quote will do the Job. 4 Bedroom Bungalow Right?

Balistic4:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 1:32pm On Mar 17
dannie007:
The Quote is too Much Half of the Listed Quote will do the Job. 4 Bedroom Bungalow Right?

Yes my boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 1:33pm On Mar 17
Obnoxious2001:

Is there an electrical plan?
E fit be say he still dey quote to wire him intellectual property as he dey work grin grin

The reason this stuff is inflated is, the electrician plans to get the workmanship you will not agree to pay via wire grin grin grin.

I pay very well, maybe he felt there's more where the ones I sent to him is

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 1:34pm On Mar 17
topsy23:

The quantities are way too high

Those rate are old rate except he's using imported or china cable

You can send me the house plan and you will get the quantities of cables required...
WhatsApp 08033643191

Alright, I will send it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 1:35pm On Mar 17
twinskenny:

Too much haba!

But then looking at prices seems he quoted for all those cable that are barely 70meters in length

Thanks a lot, I'll get halve the cables and find a way to monitor him
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Balistic4: 1:36pm On Mar 17
saydfact:

Way too much IN MY OPINION.

I say this having 2 things on mind.

1. My house is a duplex and I didn't buy this much
2. My electrical Engr did an estimate for another duplex recently and he didn't get this much cables (pls don't ask me to link him to you, he's not available)

3. 16mm is run from your meter to the DB - how far is that distance to require 2 coils (yes he needs red and black but a fraction of 1 is OK - not the full coil) eg you might need half of red and half of black.

My comments are based on the 3 above - still seek advice from another electrical expert.

Goodluck

So much wisdom here, thanks a lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3634) (3635) (3636) (3637) (3638) (3639) (3640) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chukzyfcbb, dangoteinlaw, rehirere70, TeetoBolt(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.