Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,346 members, 7,850,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:20 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (382) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4476296 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (3688) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fash78(m): 1:41am On Jul 05, 2016
Guys any advice? I am about to do some internal wall screeding. The floor tiles for the rooms where the wall screeding to be done is not yet laid. The tiler is suggesting completing the floor tiles before the wall screeding is done. Can you guys share your experience with tiling and screeding? In what order should this be done?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:07am On Jul 05, 2016
fash78:
Guys any advice? I am about to do some internal wall screeding. The floor tiles for the rooms where the wall screeding to be done is not yet laid. The tiler is suggesting completing the floor tiles before the wall screeding is done. Can you guys share your experience with tiling and screeding? In what order should this be done?

I have seen it done either way... but personally, I will have the POP and screeding done same time before the tiling to minimize the dirt and stain on the tiles. Even though the tiles can be cleaned later spic and span.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fash78(m): 5:18am On Jul 05, 2016
mufutau55:

I have seen it done either way... but personally, I will have the POP and screeding done same time before the tiling to minimize the dirt and stain on the tiles. Even though the tiles can be cleaned later spic and span.

Hajji M.

That is what I wanted to do but the tiler said it is easier to clean a dirty tile than get a screeded wall soil with sand and cement while tiling

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elewedu(m): 5:19am On Jul 05, 2016
Please I need help in estimating the cost of doing a decking on my site. I am already getting scared, I really would appreciate someone give me breakdown of cost. The attach is the drawing, I am not sure of interpreting the drawing but the size should be 11 by 12. Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:42am On Jul 05, 2016
fash78:

That is what I wanted to do but the tiler said it is easier to clean a dirty tile than get a screeded wall soil with sand and cement while tiling

Ok. The tiler also has a point there. Let's see how the experts handle this. I hope more people chime in.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 11:19am On Jul 05, 2016
I think its better to do pop first and also the screeding, when they are tiling they use a lot of sharp sand to get the level of the floor, so any splashes on the floor will be covered with sharp sand anyway. What i also found is that pop will cause splashes on the wall also, my painter said I should not worry, that he will scrap it all away.

On the other hand, it also depends on the workers, I decided to do screeding later on, and tiles were already on the floor. The guy cleaned very well after each days work, you wouldn't even know.

my order was

ceiling pop
tiling
screeding last

fash78:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 11:36am On Jul 05, 2016
fash78:

I came to same conclusion a few weeks ago after thinking deeply about it. I agree with your tiler. Trying to get splashed cement off a screeded wall could spoil a neatly done screeding work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
tevanso:
i can do it for 165k ,contact me 08060506857

Without seeing the land?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 12:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
elewedu:
Please I need help in estimating the cost of doing a decking on my site. I am already getting scared, I really would appreciate someone give me breakdown of cost. The attach is the drawing, I am not sure of interpreting the drawing but the size should be 11 by 12. Kindly help. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, I do not know the answet to your question.

Can you enlighten us on what has made you scared? Have you received quotes already?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
msogunro:

Without seeing the land?
with the size he specified it can be done unless its bigger than the measurement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 12:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
tevanso:
with the size he specified it can be done unless its bigger than the measurement

The size I wrote is the exact measurement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 12:40pm On Jul 05, 2016
fash78:
it can be done either ways but its better to lay tiles first to get the actual level of the room to avoid stain on the wall and to reduce the excess material that will be used for the lower part that is going to be covered by the screeding also to reduce the cost of labour because it is measured per square metre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
msogunro:

The size I wrote is the exact measurement.
moreover we are going to see the site tomorrow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 1:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
mavverick:
I think its better to do pop first and also the screeding, when they are tiling they use a lot of sharp sand to get the level of the floor, so any splashes on the floor will be covered with sharp sand anyway. What i also found is that pop will cause splashes on the wall also, my painter said I should not worry, that he will scrap it all away.

On the other hand, it also depends on the workers, I decided to do screeding later on, and tiles were already on the floor. The guy cleaned very well after each days work, you wouldn't even know.

my order was

ceiling pop
tiling
screeding last

That's how I do it too.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by biazarre(m): 2:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
spyder880:

That's how I do it too.
. correct...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
mufutau55:

Good. I need to send a Samsung 4K SUHD 100inch TV to Kolashangone... smiley

Hajji M.

Hajji I will gladly accept it.. But 100 inches is too big for my young eyes. Besides, I still dey fear my Ibadan people. Even though I've taken some steps to guard against future occurrence wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:

He won't know what to do with that.

Kola probably thinks Redivision is still good enough grin

Hahaha.. EgunMogaji it's not fair ooo.. So you will dash me a Redivision? Dia ris God oo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 3:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
EgunMogaji:
@ KolaShangOne

https://www.nairaland.com/3201797/assassins-shoot-gideon-aremu-dead

How far in Ibadan with this one now?

Yes o.. We heard about it too.. Okada people too..

There should be an outright ban on Okada. No thoroughfare to Okada on all inroads from 7pm. In fact, I don't know what else to say

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 3:15pm On Jul 05, 2016
elewedu:

cool cool cool
Check my signature bruhh...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 3:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello Sirs

I do not know if anyone is familiar with Abuja here..

Please can I get a plot of land of 400k - 600k around Lugbe / Apo...

@hajjim, @eriko242 @spyder880 @kolashangone @abdulwastex @egunbaba @allbosses
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 3:27pm On Jul 05, 2016
NLresidentQS:
Hello Sirs

is this some kind of joke? did you say a plot for 1million in lugbe or Apo? grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 3:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
3strikes:

is this some kind of joke? did you say a plot for 1million in lugbe or Apo? grin grin grin grin

Chai. This is serious. But Oga mi, are you sure there are plots of 1m in Lugbe ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 3:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
If U find, abeg let me know oo. Me too i want to buy. Isnt Apo quarters where some top govt people live.
600k may not even rent security house self in those areas. SMH

NLresidentQS:
Hello Sirs

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 4:07pm On Jul 05, 2016
NLresidentQS:
Hello Sirs

No you can't. Plots of land in Lugbe go from N3 million upwards, not to talk of Apo. This excludes the cost of infrastructure due to the fact that the lands in those areas belong to estates & as such they require you to pay for infrastructure. I know because I have a project behind Trademoore estate, one of the popular estates in Lugbe.
You can get land within your budget in Kuje which is further down the Airport expressway, very close to the airport itself & the controversial Centenary City. The area is really coming up now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 4:20pm On Jul 05, 2016
NLresidentQS:

Chai. This is serious. But Oga mi, are you sure there are plots of 1m in Lugbe ?

Typical Naija man. Na you dey ask question and na you dey answer am. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mybad: 6:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello housemates,

please I've reached the crossroad of choosing colors for the finishing of my modest project.

I'm however undecided in making a choice especially with types of materials including cost borne out of the dollar/naira malaise.

Please what types of the following are trending in the industry and what colors?

1) Living room floor tiles/preferred color
2) Kitchen floor tiles
3) Kitchen counter-top
4) Living room wall paint type/color
5) Kitchen wall paint/color
6) Bedroom floor tiles
7) Bedroom wall paint type/color

You can assist with other important information that can make my project a very pretty sight to behold.
Note that:-
(a) the building is a four bedroom apartment
(b) All rooms are en-suit
(c) All bedrooms,living-room, kitchen and toilets have POP ceiling.

Looking forward to your kind and expert inputs and advise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 8:44pm On Jul 05, 2016
mavverick:
If U find, abeg let me know oo. Me too i want to buy. Isnt Apo quarters where some top govt people live.
600k may not even rent security house self in those areas. SMH

Hehe..ehn

I was told there are different sections of Apo..that around NEPA (inside)... There are landed props of 1.5 below.

But sha. E be like say Na kuje sure pass. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
olumide4christ:

No you can't. ]

Senior man thanks a lot.

Will check out Kuje.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 8:46pm On Jul 05, 2016
3strikes:

Typical Naija man. Na you dey ask question and na you dey answer am. grin grin

grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
PLEASE BOSS, KINDLY INFORM ME THE COST OF COMPLETE BUILDING DRAWING FOR 39 ROOMS SELF CONTENT ON THREE FLOORS OF 13 EACH, THAT IS TWO DECKING. DRAWING TO APPROVALS SPECIFICATION PLUS STAMPS OF ALL REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL.
VERANDAH IS THE 1.2
WINDOW FOR CROSS VENTILATION
ONE DOOR THRU VERANDAH

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olumide4christ: 10:52pm On Jul 05, 2016
mybad:
Hello housemates,

please I've reached the crossroad of choosing colors for the finishing of my modest project.

I'm however undecided in making a choice especially with types of materials including cost borne out of the dollar/naira malaise.

Please what types of the following are trending in the industry and what colors?

1) Living room floor tiles/preferred color
2) Kitchen floor tiles
3) Kitchen counter-top
4) Living room wall paint type/color
5) Kitchen wall paint/color
6) Bedroom floor tiles
7) Bedroom wall paint type/color

You can assist with other important information that can make my project a very pretty sight to behold.
Note that:-
(a) the building is a four bedroom apartment
(b) All rooms are en-suit
(c) All bedrooms,living-room, kitchen and toilets have POP ceiling.

Looking forward to your kind and expert inputs and advise.

[b]Sir, let me give you a very helpful hint. This has worked for me too; I used it prior to moving into the place where I presently reside.

Go to www.google.com; for each of the living spaces you listed above, type in the google search browser; for example - "living room floor & wall colour combination" OR "living room floor tile colour combination" OR "living room wall paint colour combination". After the results have come up, click on "Images" icon, its on the top left hand corner of the google page - it will show tons and tons of pictures showing colour combinations for your living room. From this you can make your decision, having the pictorial view of what the final output would be.

Repeat the same process for kitchen, bedroom and other spaces you may need.

I and my wife actually used this method to choose the colour combination for our living room and bedrooms and then called in a professional painter who helped us pick the relevant and available shades of the colours that would go with our combinations and thereafter, did the painting work.

This is the system I shall use forthwith on all projects, personal and for clients.

I believe this should work for you also. [/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Relocate: 11:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
HOW TO PACK INTO YOUR NEW HOUSE WITHOUT STRESS...www.relocate.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) ... (3688) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.