Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (444) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4389065 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 2:18pm On Jul 30, 2016
lastpage:

Hahhaha, if l am bored and nothing to do, that is where l go.
Just one comment at the whole place will explode into smithereens! grin grin grin

Its a great place to relax, as long as you dont take things personal/serious.

Lastpage!
No dull moments there cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 2:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
danowena:

Okay sir..... could you give us an idea of what quantity can be collected from the factory?
Typically orders in the environment of 600k upward sir.
But If your order is less, and you have someone who can wait for the paper work and pick the items up, that's not a problem, as long as the quantity is no too small.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WeldHome: 3:13pm On Jul 30, 2016
n3xt:

It's the master's suite. A place the Oga at the top would like to unwind without leaving the comfort of his bedroom. Inside almost 80m2, you can be anything you like without disturbing anyone.

Amazon and I also have a good supplier of book of interest in Lagos.

Who's the supplier please.. Can spend money on hard copy books but not ebooks (cuz I have to strain my eyes more to read the later, I assume I've already paid the price grin cheesy)..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by brabus(m): 3:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
WeldHome:

Who's the supplier please.. Can spend money on hard copy books but not ebooks (cuz I have to strain my eyes more to read the later, I assume I've already paid the price grin cheesy)..

Are you based in Lagos?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by WeldHome: 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
brabus:

Are you based in Lagos?

Yes I am sir..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lumidii: 4:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
@msogunro Kindly resend the agent's number. Had to update the email linked to NL.

msogunro:

Nice. Very nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 5:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
Omo Kabo, Baba Ku Ile !!!
grin grin
would be nice to know if Omo is actually male or female !!! grin
I am not sold.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 30, 2016
lumidii:
@msogunro Kindly resend the agent's number. Had to update the email linked to NL.

In haste, I think we might have a shared fence cost situation grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 7:39pm On Jul 30, 2016
lumidii:

Just replied to your email.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lumidii: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2016
LoL.

That is commonplace in my part of the world. I've even reimbursed a neighbour who put up a fence without my prior agreement, for the sake of good neighbourliness on a rental property. He put up the fence right on the property line thereby "encroaching" and stealing 3inches of my land due to the width of the fence. I had the property line staked out by a survey company, pointed out to him his error, and i reimbursed him for half of the material costs attributable to the side of the shared fence.

He agreed it wasn't fair to expect me to pay for his labour costs as he did the work by himself and some of his friends. We had a good handshake and he has been helpful keeping an eye on the tenants for me.
Ohh...i just realised who i'm responding to. Thought it was msogunro. So you have made a quick move on this one? I doff my hat. Nairaland Avenue in the making...

EgunMogaji:

In haste, I think we might have a shared fence cost situation grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lumidii: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Many thanks. Received.

msogunro:

Just replied to your email.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 8:35pm On Jul 30, 2016
lumidii:
LoL.

That is commonplace in my part of the world. I've even reimbursed a neighbour who put up a fence without my prior agreement, for the sake of good neighbourliness on a rental property. He put up the fence right on the property line thereby "encroaching" and stealing 3inches of my land due to the width of the fence. I had the property line staked out by a survey company, pointed out to him his error, and i reimbursed him for half of the material costs attributable to the side of the shared fence.

He agreed it wasn't fair to expect me to pay for his labour costs as he did the work by himself and some of his friends. We had a good handshake and he has been helpful keeping an eye on the tenants for me.
Ohh...i just realised who i'm responding to. Thought it was msogunro. So you have made a quick move on this one? I doff my hat. Nairaland Avenue in the making...

Nah, Oga Egun hasn't made a move, but he's more than welcome to grace my neighborhood with a purchase. I need a sensible neighbor on my other side.

I'm hoping to start the fence this week after I receive a couple more quotes.

@ egunmogaji, do you have contact info for artisans? After seeing the supervision fees in some quotes. I'm thinking direct hire to complete the fence.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
lumidii:
LoL.

Sorry for the confusion Sir but no move on my part or intended.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:08pm On Jul 30, 2016
lastpage:
@Brabus:
is there no way the Frame below (from your pix) can be achieved without cutting and re-welding the iron?
I have Pressure./Press moulding in mind. So as to still maintain uniform structural strength.

Also, what is the thickness of the H-frame used?

I am sure other builders are learning new things from you. undecided

Lastpage!

Welcome back baba last page... I have been away for too long, I have some interesting stuff.

Time to learn new method of construction

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2016
segcymoor:

Abdul,.. Over to you cheesy

That is a privilege sir.... Abeg make I come learn o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2016
abdulwastecx:

Welcome back baba last page... I have been away for too long, I have some interesting stuff.

Time to learn new method of construction

I salute you, my able Engineer!

You are "standard", theoretically and practically, for all Construction Engineers on Nairaland.

Na wetin l see,..... l talk.

Looking forward to that interesting stuff under your sleeve.

Fingers-crossed.

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:26pm On Jul 30, 2016
topsy23:

Purechem cable is also good, though ihave not use it. One of their marketer met me on one site. And gave me the catalogue. Since the cables is manufactured in Nigeria, it will be better than imported. Nigerchin cable has one quality that I appreciate most. Their insulation is perfect. Doesn't peel anyhow when pulling the cables.

Thank you my Boss. I am being pressed to use it but I insists on Coleman or Nigerchin ... based on the savings on them.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 9:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
n3xt:
Alcoholic Hennessy for Hajji Mufutau55's joint. T'ori Olorun.

Hah! Oga mi... Alcoholic ke? You wan my Imam report me to Boko Haram?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 30, 2016
msogunro:

Nah, Oga Egun hasn't made a move, but he's more than welcome to grace my neighborhood with a purchase. I need a sensible neighbor on my other side.

I'm hoping to start the fence this week after I receive a couple more quotes.

@ egunmogaji, do you have contact info for artisans? After seeing the supervision fees in some quotes. I'm thinking direct hire to complete the fence.

I can't in good faith give you an unreserved recommendation for my bricklayer as we have a love hate relationship. He's going to finish my build for personal reasons not because I'm spectacularly wowed by him.

His modus operandi, and a continuous one even after many screaming international matches, is to leave his subordinates on my site unsupervised and they start doing sloppy work which I could spot in pictures.

So clearly he's unable to stick to promises because I'm not there. He'll do the same to you.

On the matter of supervision fees, it was a deal breaker for me too in the beginning. I had handsome estimated from KolaShangOne, Aventures and one other person whose userid I can't remember. Yes, professional fees are to be expected but I was concerned about the wide differences.

Here in the US as you know we price based on square footage. I was looking for something like "I will build this carcass for N10,000 per square feet)" but I didn't get that.

I envy your position because I've learnt a lot on my build from direct experience and would do things differently.

I'll email you with a suggestion that I have.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by danowena: 9:41pm On Jul 30, 2016
ProTouchDesigns:

The first two are 3D wall panels not the regular wall paper sir.
Okay thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jul 30, 2016
gbadexy:

No dull moments there cheesy

I've gotten banned there more than in any other section on here.

And I'm not even a registered voter grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by NLresidentQS(m): 10:36pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hello Sirs.

Please help here. A project I'm involved in, an irrigation project somewhere in the North. We have a large fabricated steel tank ( Dia - 11m, height - 6m) is to rest on the ground.

Now we thought we could place them in a ground slab (say 150mm thickness, BRC mesh reinforced) on well compacted Hardcore.

Bit others (professionals too) are arguing that the slab will collapse. If it collapse? Does it mean the tank will sink into the ground?

Ground bearing capacity is over 200

One person was even saying we will need a heavily reinforced slab with downstand beams on pad?

@spyder880
@abdulwastex
@hajji m
@mavverick
@egunm
@all please input is needed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:59pm On Jul 30, 2016
lastpage:
I am BACK! Lastpage is back!!

Lastpage!

Ghen Ghen.......

Good to have you back smiley. We look forward to some very colourful interractions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 1:16am On Jul 31, 2016
kolnel:

Drilling in Ibadan is 5,000 per meter
Geological survey is 20k

Jesu!!! The geological survey recommends drilling 90 meters.

Egbami oo!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 31, 2016
msogunro:

Egbami oo!!

Opportunity for a second opinion?

I think I'll set up a survey this week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 1:28am On Jul 31, 2016
msogunro:

Egbami oo!!

Yours is a lot cheaper than mine. My own survey says 97 meters with not so much water underneath. They charged me 800k for everything but no guarantee of adequate water. I decided to do wells. I have three wells dug and cost me about 300k. We pumped water out of the three wells for two hours each and more than enough water in those well. I'm satisfied.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 1:29am On Jul 31, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Opportunity for a second opinion?

I think I'll set up a survey this week.

Absolutely. If confirmed, I'll have to renegotiate the cost of drilling. Are you using the same person I am using? If not, please share the contact details.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by msogunro: 1:35am On Jul 31, 2016
FastShipping:

Yours is a lot cheaper than mine. My own survey says 97 meters with not so much water underneath. They charged me 800k for everything but no guarantee of adequate water. I decided to do wells. I have three wells dug and cost me about 300k. We pumped water out of the three wells for two hours each and more than enough water in those well. I'm satisfied.

Wow! 800K is a lot. Does that include the pump and accessories or just drilling and casing?

Not sure how they figure it out, but the report says there is commercial quantity available. Maybe I can start a water bottle factory grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 31, 2016
msogunro:

Absolutely. If confirmed, I'll have to renegotiate the cost of drilling. Are you using the same person I am using? If not, please share the contact details.

No, not the same person.

I'll email you some contacts that I have.

(1) (2) (3) ... (441) (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kopell and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.