Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399945 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:36am On Mar 08, 2017
Not a lot like you o, you make a fair point sha. I only ever bought welding machine for pipes sometime in 2016, and guess what within 2/3 months the thing spoil for plumber hand. And if not for reading the riot act, same plumbers wanted to be using my Gen to charge phones.

skimanski:

We have these tools. and also even if we don't. I will rather I buy mine, because my Workers can be crazy sometimes. I no get money to pay for machine wey spoil. Or now Loose my respect, because some silly Artisans feel they can misuse peoples hard earned Money the was do misuse theirs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
mavverick:
What you have said is true, and its what happens in most developed countries. I am just interested on the planning done by normal everyday folks like myself and most others on here. JB have a whole load of experts covering from different angles etc, and also I suspect the have most workers on contract or on the payroll, so not waiting for plumber to show or bricklayer that is posting you whilst in another state where he has collected another job.

LOL.
@ bricklayer
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 2:35pm On Mar 08, 2017
amanikondo:

I meant people on the forum are building. They are not just showcasing. It is when there is problem they will bring it to the panel of judges.
I think it also has to do with a lot of people not getting reply's to some of the questions being asked I know the forum is big & sometimes you miss most of the post but asking a question and getting blanks most times hurts. correct me if am wrong am also trying to look at it from another angle
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 4:09pm On Mar 09, 2017
/
Please drop your contact if you know where they sell graders, backhoes and bulldozers in Nigeria.

\\
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 4:15pm On Mar 09, 2017
Kindly drop your contact if you can supply Vibrated "stonecrete" construction blocks (Blocks made of Stone dust) on the mainland. Needed ASAP.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
Breaking News Steel rod price slash Order now. Reinforcement bar(Iron Rod) Local 12&16 is N235,000/ton Local 10mm @N240,000/ton
Tiger@N270,000 Pulkit @N280,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Marilo:
Kindly drop your contact if you can supply Vibrated "stonecrete" construction blocks (Blocks made of Stone dust) on the mainland. Needed ASAP.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marilo(m): 2:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
Chekitaut:
Ikorodu..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 3:20pm On Mar 10, 2017
amanikondo:

I meant people on the forum are building. They are not just showcasing. It is when there is problem they will bring it to the panel of judges.

So True! undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:58pm On Mar 10, 2017
Marilo:

Ikorodu..
N270each
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:55pm On Mar 11, 2017
assmokson:
Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos

Greetings to all pros in property and niaralanders,

I am about to commence a project of building a 4 units, 3 bedrooms flat with 2 flats down and 2 flats upstairs. I am newbie in this type of work however I am seeking the knowledge of the pros to please help me out in breaking down the price according to the segments listed below:

1.Fencing: Like to know the list of materials and cost plus labour charges to complete the fencing to 12 coaches.

2. Cost for the foundation: I will like to know the list of materials and costs that will be needed to complete the foundation.

3. Soak -away: I will like to know what are the materials needed for the soak-away and labour charges to complete the soak-away.

4. Cost from foundation level to decking level: Like to know likely materials and costs that will take the building from foundation level to decking level. Please note this is not include cost for decking.

5. Cost for Decking: I Will like to know the materials & costs plus labour charges for decking only.

6. Cost for construction from decking level to roofing level: I will like to know what are the materials and costs require to get the building to roofing level.

7. Roofing: In this stage I will appreciate if pros can recommend good and reliable roofing types that are value for money and cost effective since I understand the materials and costing will depend on the type of roofing I want to use. I will appreciate if the materials can be listed together with the costing just like the 4 previous stages.

The land is located in Badagry, it is a dry land but since Badagry is consider to be a beach area it is said that the foundation will require raft foundation. Pls do take note of this when you are sending me the quota.

Please note I expect all costing to include labour charges and hiding costs that are likely to show up as the project progresses. I will appreciate if all materials and cost can be properly details for better understand.

I will so much appreciate everyone contribution on this thread as I really want to prepare myself before going into this project. i wouldn't want to jump start a project I will not be able to complete however I seek your knowledge and guidance before commence this project.

I may even accept quotation from a very good person that offer reasonable prices and high intelligence in building 4 flats around Badagry area and involve the person in the project. You have a great chances to involve in the project so please send good and reasonable quotations that shows you really have full knowledge on construction of this type of building. .

I have share some of the building plans with this thread i did hope that can be helpful when calculating the cost of all materials that will be needed for the project. I will not tolerate any kind of unruly and ungodly person, if you know you are not genuine pls do not send any quotation but if you are trust worthy and straight forward person you can send your quotation since you have chance of wining the project.

I want all discussion to be public so no email as i want all nairalanders to participate in this thread. All quotations should be sent here for general public to see so that we can all have an healthy debate about it and I promise the right person will be given the project to lead.

All your contributions and guidance will surely be highly appreciated. I will await everyone contributions and I am pretty sure I will not be disappointed based on all valuable information I have acquired in Nairaland at the past. I want response as soon as possible as I plan to start the project before raining started.

Thanks and God bless, may God continue to replenish your knowledges in millions folds.

Thanks to everyone that offer to contributes to this thread in advance.
. Good day. Please re-check your designs. You can make it better than what it looks. The right hand part of the building looks better than the left hand side but all same you have to change the orientation of some sections and place them more appropriately. Take care.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 11, 2017
Skimanski and co, please I need more info on this security bar design seen here.

It intrigues me.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
assmokson:
Cost For 1 Story Building 3bedrooms By 4flats 2 Down 2 Up In Badagry, Lagos

Greetings to all pros in property and niaralanders,

I am about to commence a project of building a 4 units, 3 bedrooms flat with 2 flats down and 2 flats upstairs. I am newbie in this type of work however I am seeking the knowledge of the pros to please help me out in breaking down the price according to the segments listed below:

1.Fencing: Like to know the list of materials and cost plus labour charges to complete the fencing to 12 coaches.

2. Cost for the foundation: I will like to know the list of materials and costs that will be needed to complete the foundation.

3. Soak -away: I will like to know what are the materials needed for the soak-away and labour charges to complete the soak-away.

4. Cost from foundation level to decking level: Like to know likely materials and costs that will take the building from foundation level to decking level. Please note this is not include cost for decking.

5. Cost for Decking: I Will like to know the materials & costs plus labour charges for decking only.

6. Cost for construction from decking level to roofing level: I will like to know what are the materials and costs require to get the building to roofing level.

7. Roofing: In this stage I will appreciate if pros can recommend good and reliable roofing types that are value for money and cost effective since I understand the materials and costing will depend on the type of roofing I want to use. I will appreciate if the materials can be listed together with the costing just like the 4 previous stages.

The land is located in Badagry, it is a dry land but since Badagry is consider to be a beach area it is said that the foundation will require raft foundation. Pls do take note of this when you are sending me the quota.

Please note I expect all costing to include labour charges and hiding costs that are likely to show up as the project progresses. I will appreciate if all materials and cost can be properly details for better understand.

I will so much appreciate everyone contribution on this thread as I really want to prepare myself before going into this project. i wouldn't want to jump start a project I will not be able to complete however I seek your knowledge and guidance before commence this project.

I may even accept quotation from a very good person that offer reasonable prices and high intelligence in building 4 flats around Badagry area and involve the person in the project. You have a great chances to involve in the project so please send good and reasonable quotations that shows you really have full knowledge on construction of this type of building. .

I have share some of the building plans with this thread i did hope that can be helpful when calculating the cost of all materials that will be needed for the project. I will not tolerate any kind of unruly and ungodly person, if you know you are not genuine pls do not send any quotation but if you are trust worthy and straight forward person you can send your quotation since you have chance of wining the project.

I want all discussion to be public so no email as i want all nairalanders to participate in this thread. All quotations should be sent here for general public to see so that we can all have an healthy debate about it and I promise the right person will be given the project to lead.

All your contributions and guidance will surely be highly appreciated. I will await everyone contributions and I am pretty sure I will not be disappointed based on all valuable information I have acquired in Nairaland at the past. I want response as soon as possible as I plan to start the project before raining started.

Thanks and God bless, may God continue to replenish your knowledges in millions folds.

Thanks to everyone that offer to contributes to this thread in advance.

Budget 45-50M
Find completed project attached.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:28pm On Mar 11, 2017
EgunMogaji:
Skimanski and co, please I need more info on this security bar design seen here.
It intrigues me.

I think I need another needle in my eyeballs... because nah only that beautiful lady intrigues me right now o. smiley

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 12:25am On Mar 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It intrigues me.

My Oga This security bar intrigues me too cool grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 12, 2017
mufutau55:

I think I need another needle in my eyeballs... because nah only that beautiful lady intrigues me right now o. smiley

Hajji M.

ice4u999:

My Oga This security bar intrigues me too cool grin

Na wa for both of una o grin

Make I kuku remove the temptation of Tonto Decay.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:30am On Mar 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Ok. Now, I don see the burglary o. Looks good.

Hajji M.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 9:37am On Mar 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

It intrigues me.

I am not seeing the Bar clearly

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dejavus: 11:03am On Mar 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Why are you cork blocking your fellows.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IsheriNorthGRA: 11:14am On Mar 12, 2017
dejavus:

Who even wants to get close to that Crazy Tonto? All the frustrations from her broken marriage will just make her pour Acid on someone. She's on rampage!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:05pm On Mar 12, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
cheesy grin wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 4:55pm On Mar 12, 2017
segzy14:

Budget 45-50M
Find completed project attached.

Why is it that when I tell people to Budget 40m - 50m for a four flat in Lekki, they look at me like What are you saying? You wan use my house make all the money wey u dey find for construction. A woman went as far as telling me it cost her 15m to finish hers, and so why am I been un reasonable,is it because she contacted me? It cost me 45m to Build this house. Even with filling sand that cost over N2m, to fill the land before start of work. and with a very high foundation that was properly reinforcedSeeing what Oga Segzy14 has posted clears my mind that I aint crazy. and I can sleep at night from now on.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2017
skimanski:

Why is it that when I tell people to Budget 40m - 50m for a four flat in Lekki, they look at me like What are you saying? You wan use my house make all the money wey u dey find for construction. A woman went as far as telling me it cost her 15m to finish hers, and so why am I been un reasonable,is it because she contacted me? It cost me 45m to Build this house. Even with filling sand that cost over N2m, to fill the land before start of work. and with a very high foundation that was properly reinforcedSeeing what Oga Segzy14 has posted clears my mind that I aint crazy. and I can sleep at night from now on.
. Is that quoted amount for only the carcass or...........?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2017
dejavus:

Because the testosterone was getting quite high in here grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2017
bixton:
. Is that quoted amount for only the carcass or...........?

That Price is From the Stage of Picture 1 to the Stage of Picture 2 &3. Also the filling sand you see on the land in Picture one is included.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2017
skimanski:

Oga skimanski, you are very very correct.
Please try to catch enough sleep, too much stress no good for body o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:43pm On Mar 12, 2017
mufutau55:

Ok. Now, I don see the burglary o. Looks good.

Hajji M.
grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2017
skimanski:

I am not seeing the Bar clearly

It looks like those kind you always do with round iron.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:12pm On Mar 12, 2017
skimanski:

A woman went as far as telling me it cost her 15m to finish hers, and so why am I been un reasonable,is it because she contacted me?

My brother Skimanski. The lady may be right but what kind of house will that be in comparison to yours?
We all knew that house and finishing get level nah. Nah that 15m some people dey take do foundation somewhere, so better we see the house the lady built o.
Make you go sleep o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bugmenot: 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2017
Who knows what this tree is called?

It's beautiful and I often wonder what it takes to keep it looking nice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m), ray48, Aduragbemi45(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.