Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,442 members, 7,861,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4501818 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (3694) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2017
Stone dust as low as N70k for 30tons, when you buy 30tons Granite.

Mainland @N130,000
VI, Ikoyi, Lekki-Ajah @N140,000

Its all about our customers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 11:13am On Oct 12, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Ponder deeply before you electrify your fence.

I didn’t do it because of potential collateral damages.

Word!
I have a friend who did the electric fence thing but always left it switched off, at last for most parts of the day. The days boys visited him, they just cut the cables and nothing happened. They were in his house before he knew anything was happening
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:31am On Oct 12, 2017
FastShipping:

Hajj, I saw this on YouTube and almost died while laughing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What would you do to your son if this happens to you?

African dad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQY-38ich4

LOL! Epic. My response will even be worse than that father.
Fainting mode will be enabled.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 11:56am On Oct 12, 2017
bump
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2017
alstacs:

Word!
I have a friend who did the electric fence thing but always left it switched off, at last for most parts of the day. The days boys visited him, they just cut the cables and nothing happened. They were in his house before he knew anything was happening

That is "basic" carelessness.
If you want to do something, please do it well or dont do it at all

It would have been better if he wrote them an invitation letter sef.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
FastShipping:

Hajj, I saw this on YouTube and almost died while laughing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What would you do to your son if this happens to you?

African dad.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YQY-38ich4

Very funny!

Son: Daad!
Dad: Yeees!
Son: Dad, l need you come here please (while he is sitting down in the living room!)
Dad: What is it now (arrives as instructed)
Son: I need you to sit down...
Dad: Eehen, what is it (Sits down as instructed)

Maybe l am old-fashioned but in my days and in my own House, it is the Dad that dishes out the commands, while the children obey.
I cant imagine in a million years, Me calling my Dad to come down..... except he is aware that l am crippled. grin grin

This world has really done a 360-Degree, About-turn!

Still funny though

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 12:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
Daboomb:

That is "basic" carelessness.
If you want to do something, please do it well or dont do it at all

It would have been better if he wrote them an invitation letter sef.

He wasn't careless, he always talked aqbout the danger of the fence and the fatality that may follow it, so agree with the "collateral damage earlier written. So because of this switching on and off, he often forgot to switch if on most nights.
Boys just woke him up from sleep to come collect allowance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
alstacs:

Word!

That is more a case of poor design. Why would you connect an electric fence with surface wiring?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
Droyal:
Please house I have a question, is it compulsory that survey plans on lands free from govt encumberance done must have the free from govt acquisition stamps on it.

For those of us with survey plans on free lands did all of them come with the free from acquisition stamp
Or does absence of the "Plan falls under govt acquisition stamp' certifies its free.

I have read conflicting info on this from nairaland.
Its most have that stamp that’s says free from any acquisition in my experience. If it’s doesn’t that a bubble trap for future problems. In the first place I don’t think you can get genuine building approve without cleaning any encumbrance on land. Also make sure the stamp number and the signature of the surveyor is clear and visible on the survey. The real estate lawyers in the house can help enlighten you more on these issues. The are the very first most important aspects of journey to start building. Many of those land salesman and omo Oni Ile are very knowledgeable on all the rules, many times the buyers doesn't know, or not better informed on what in the land deal they are getting in to. Don’t be tempt by location or price. Take you time, get knowledgeable lawyer involved to do dua diligence on the land. Is better to loss hundred in the process of diligence then losing millions after the deal In my opinion.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 1:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
oyb:

That is more a case of poor design. Why would you connect an electric fence with surface wiring?

Thank you.
Moreover, there are automatic ON/OFF TIMER SWITCHES, that are sold cheaply, which he could have incorporated.

- I have seen people, even so called professionals, installing CCTV with the Power and Data cables openly visible and accessible.
- I have seen the Cameras installed at a level of height where all you need to do is just spray coloured paint on the Lens and you are good to go
. grin grin

That is why l said "if you want to do something, do it properly or dont do it at all".

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Droyal(f): 2:45pm On Oct 12, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
Droyal:

Its not a new property we want to buy its a property we own already.

The plots have been purchased for more than a year and we just took a surveyor very recently for the survey ( he does not have any link in us purchasing thr land ) I called him later to ask how will one know if its acquired and he told me if its acquiredit will/MUST come with the "land falls under govt acquisition stamp"

I did ask him some random questions too and hr said the most certain way to know if acquired or not is when The stuff is finally ready that. I was also asking about a search( which was not done before we bought the land ) he then told me that since the survey stuff is in process that part of what they do during the process is also the search and they will know if its acquired and it will reflect on the survey and since it was just about a week for it to be ready as hr said it was already submitted at the Surv Gen office so I waited.

He called me later survey is ready and the land was free and I should come for it, so I just wanted to know if its compulsory that lands free from govt acquisition must have that "free from govt acquisition stamp"

The survey is 5 copies 3 cloth 2ordinary paper has the stamp of the man (reg surveyor) stamp of his address, his signatute , current 2017 date , survey plan no, a seal stamp( that one that embosses the paper I don't know what they call it.) and other personal details like names location local govt etc.

I was asking because he didn't mention anything about the "Free from govt acquisition stamp" He emhasized on the "Falls within govt acquisition " stamp.

Sorry for my long story

My brother land maters is not word of mouth. That survey most have the “word” free from any government acquisitions writing on it. Another better way of you getting the facts behind the survey is, after every thing is done. Go to land office for official search NOT WINDOW SEARCH the window, they will just tell you anything without documentation prove. After submitted to land registrar for search, it’s take couple of days to get the official results. Official fee payment with government confirmation that gives you details truth about the land. Don’t know what State is these land located, Lagos and Abuja are about same procedures.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Droyal(f): 4:52pm On Oct 12, 2017
kopell:
My brother land maters is not word of mouth. That survey most have the “word” free from any government acquisitions writing on it. Another better way of you getting the facts behind the survey is, after every thing is done. Go to land office for official search NOT WINDOW SEARCH the window, they will just tell you anything without documentation prove. After submitted to land registrar for search, it’s take couple of days to get the official results. Official fee payment with government confirmation that gives you details truth about the land. Don’t know what State is these land located, Lagos and Abuja are about same procedures.

Thanks God bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
alstacs:

He wasn't careless, he always talked aqbout the danger of the fence and the fatality that may follow it, so agree with the "collateral damage earlier written. So because of this switching on and off, he often forgot to switch if on most nights.
Boys just woke him up from sleep to come collect allowance

The dude need a timer switch

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
Droyal:

Its not a new property we want to buy its a property we own already.

The plots have been purchased for more than a year and we just took a surveyor very recently for the survey ( he does not have any link in us purchasing thr land ) I called him later to ask how will one know if its acquired and he told me if its acquiredit will/MUST come with the "land falls under govt acquisition stamp"

I did ask him some random questions too and hr said the most certain way to know if acquired or not is when The stuff is finally ready that. I was also asking about a search( which was not done before we bought the land ) he then told me that since the survey stuff is in process that part of what they do during the process is also the search and they will know if its acquired and it will reflect on the survey and since it was just about a week for it to be ready as hr said it was already submitted at the Surv Gen office so I waited.

He called me later survey is ready and the land was free and I should come for it, so I just wanted to know if its compulsory that lands free from govt acquisition must have that "free from govt acquisition stamp"

The survey is 5 copies 3 cloth 2ordinary paper has the stamp of the man (reg surveyor) stamp of his address, his signatute , current 2017 date , survey plan no, a seal stamp( that one that embosses the paper I don't know what they call it.) and other personal details like names location local govt etc.

I was asking because he didn't mention anything about the "Free from govt acquisition stamp" He emhasized on the "Falls within govt acquisition " stamp.

Sorry for my long story

I think this is optional. ALL my survey plans don't include free from government acquisition. If the land is encumbered, the survey plan will so be annotated. But mind you, this is applicable only if the land surveyor is reputable. There are fake surveys out there with encumbered restrictions but fake land surveyors may not tell you in connivance with the land vendor.

It's the reputation of the surveyor you should worry about.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Droyal(f): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:08pm On Oct 12, 2017
kopell:
Although my Oga may be handling koko project, him no the go target, old navy clearance section sales for shopping. Na corporate America him the work, those kind of clothes ARE NOT always welcome in those level of the ladder, if you understand what I mean.

My brother, you want the Nairaland Contractors to be charging me double.... Corporate America keh! nah kill you wan kill me so o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2017
mufutau55:

My brother, you want the Nairaland Contractors to be charging me double.... Corporate America keh! nah kill you wan kill me so o.

Hajji M.
Na wa Ooo. I didn’t think of it in that angle oh, anyway God is in control sha. I forget say many green snakes laying low under green grass here, sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Guy, you need to post here not there cheesy
DECORCOLOR:
we help to beautify interior and exterior floor with glossy stamp concrete and epoxy floor at cheaper rate. with a 4inches leveling. call douglas john 07067576703 or whatsapp to have our job done anywhere in nigeria. here are the pic of our work
COuld pls post same floors pictures (sample) here.I need more info please. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 6:46pm On Oct 13, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Oga Hajj,
What’s the best email to reach you, for personal consultation on an important issue with building. No Vex abeg, na personal.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2017
Daboomb:

Thank you.
Moreover, there are automatic ON/OFF TIMER SWITCHES, that are sold cheaply, which he could have incorporated.

- I have seen people, even so called professionals, installing CCTV with the Power and Data cables openly visible and accessible.
- I have seen the Cameras installed at a level of height where all you need to do is just spray coloured paint on the Lens and you are good to go
. grin grin

That is why l said "if you want to do something, do it properly or dont do it at all".

cheesy grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
Truthinlife:

Oga Hajj,
What’s the best email to reach you, for personal consultation on an important issue with building. No Vex abeg, na personal.

I have contacted you thru Nairaland PM. If you don't get it, then put your email here and I will reply you..

Upate: Your email replied.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 14, 2017
Bump
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:38am On Oct 14, 2017
alstacs:

Word!

Its either it was off, it wasnt working or wasn't a proper installation.

Every energizer has an internal alarm apart from the external one you can choose to install. Cutting the cable totally disconnects it from normal functions so the enegizer must detect and trigger.

At least the alarm is a forewarning function. The external speaker is very affordable and installation is very easy, it is very necessary to alert neighbors of your situation. Most robbery will be aborted if the neighbourhood is aware even before the robbery starts. Thats the use of the external speaker. I wouldn't do without it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DECORCOLOR(m): 12:25am On Oct 15, 2017
Here are the pictures of our stamp concrete

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 6:25pm On Oct 15, 2017
DECORCOLOR:
Here are the pictures of our stamp concrete

A beg wetin be this stamp concrete floor, a never hear am before.
Nor call me bush man, nor vex. �
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 6:27pm On Oct 15, 2017
adanny01:

Its either it was off, it wasnt working or wasn't a proper installation.

Every energizer has an internal alarm apart from the external one you can choose to install. Cutting the cable totally disconnects it from normal functions so the enegizer must detect and trigger.

At least the alarm is a forewarning function. The external speaker is very affordable and installation is very easy, it is very necessary to alert neighbors of your situation. Most robbery will be aborted if the neighbourhood is aware even before the robbery starts. Thats the use of the external speaker. I wouldn't do without it.
Thank you for the information boss. I am just wondering what becomes of a system like this in an environment where we have less than 12 hours of power supply of electricity per day? ! I guess the power specifications may be out of what household inverters may conveniently power.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meetdopi(m): 7:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
@Allcopacetic...You guessed right! Do you have a stamp of your brandname on all your products....Lol

Lovely and rugged DB recommended by your good self and pocket friendly too. Thumbs up to you for your professional advice always..you are too good bro! Keep it up

allCopacetic:

Thank you Sir.
I'm guessing these are some of those Mr Williams bought ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by allCopacetic: 10:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
meetdopi:
@Allcopacetic...You guessed right! Do you have a stamp of your brandname on all your products....Lol

Lovely and rugged DB recommended by your good self and pocket friendly too. Thumbs up to you for your professional advice always..you are too good bro! Keep it up

Thanks for the generous compliments Chief, you're far too kind.
I'm very glad they're to your liking

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (3694) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Skydivine and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.