Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4514405 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (3698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropTrader: 10:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
Olasuposaheed:
Pls how many block can complete two bedroom flat

depends on the size of the two bedroom flats, mate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
brabus:
@ Egunmogaji, What about fire sprinkler?

5 years experience working with key South African contractors who built The Palms Mall, Lekki was never in vain.
in a domestic building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 10, 2015
brabus:
@ Egunmogaji, What about fire sprinkler?

5 years experience working with key South African contractors who built The Palms Mall, Lekki was never in vain.

I'm doing something different here at least for now. The equipment that I need to do it properly will be cost prohibitive in the short time.

I'll have commercial fire extinguisher around the house and of course dedicated fire hoses straight from the EWT.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:08am On Nov 10, 2015
erico2k2:

in a domestic building?

Yes.

It's the law in most cities in the US now for new build.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olasuposaheed(m): 3:59am On Nov 10, 2015
PropTrader:

depends on the size of the two bedroom flats, mate.
the size of the rooms should be 12by12, parlour 14 by 13 feet(if possible)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ebrahym(m): 12:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
please oo,

how much will roof a 3bedroom flat of 45 x 30 ft..using aluminium sheet to cover...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Benoxvals(m): 1:04pm On Nov 10, 2015
mufutau55:

Please count me out o.... I be Naija boy original o. (Whispering....too much arthritis for me.)
I have only few more years on this earth, I just want to enjoy the house, no DIY for me o.
I am gonna watch you guys do it while I sip my Non-Alcoholic Hennessy.

Hajji M.

Oga Hajji,please I need the contacts of doors,windows and roofing sheet suppliers in Nairaland.Please recommend reliable people.tk u
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:37pm On Nov 10, 2015
ebrahym:

Salaam alaykum hajji,
I need your pro advice, I've got a lot of confusing quotation on roofing of a 3bd flat measuring 30 X 45ft, I've read most of ur contributions and I believe I can stand on whatever advice you will give me. Can u plz help me with a quote from cost of materials to labour and finishing of roofing with the above mentioned dimension?...including aluminium roofing using long span...the project is at mowe.
Thanks....we can whatsapp on 08028074911

Thanks, Done.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:19pm On Nov 10, 2015
Room check out this my finished roofing with stone coated tiles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemaze(m): 4:46pm On Nov 10, 2015
Most House owners dont knw diff btw roof plan and building plan. U cant use floor dimension to estimate for ur roofing, u must not get it.
To knw the estimate that can roof ur building, u can just get 98% score. Monitor the wood work ur self....that all i can say.
for the covering, its depend on which roof u want to apply for covering.
Aluminium series or stone coated series ( what u must have in mind is, grad pass grad. cheaper less grade undecided)

If u are u using latest roofing now, called "" Stone coated step tiles"". depend on grade u want to use will tell insight of what u shall spend.

The is customize roof tiles '' Made in Korea or Newzealand" because Real KOREA or NEWZEALAND ROOF DONT FADE ( THEY ARE CHEAPER)
If u are using real type, the products U can source and contact the manufacturer are costly.
To get the estimate of the real Aluminium or stone coated..... u can send ur roof plan to segladadeniyi@gmail.com

Note little bit expensive but competitive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemaze(m): 4:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Its good to monitor your building ur self. But go with professionals. If u fail to do so they will take the cash made to buy DS BRAND ROOF For Customize cheap roof grin I have seen alot
EgunMogaji:

I hire the competent and licensed person when necessary for the task.

I control the entire build on my site, review and approve the work of all persons that work there.

My site, my money, my rule. I, my family and friends are going to be living there after the licensed professionals have cashed the checks.

Stop asking repugnant questions by the way. You and I have danced before and you know I'm not an engineer.

I control the quality on my site.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemaze(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2015
tell them cheesy
abdulwastecx:

'I laugh when I hear people say "Nigerian builder a fond of overloading a building" I don't think you really understand the generic of reinforced concrete structures. They don't over load building but build according to lay down rules/codes.

You just don't suddenly start thinking out of box after the building foundation and ground floor has been done. Prior to construction you carried out all your analysis and decide on what building materials to use, either wood, steel or reinforced concrete.

Wood deck is not popular outside South west (in the sixties) because of lack of standardization and adequate properties of the wood.

How do you design wood deck when you don't have wood structural properties like stresses, shear, deflection etc.

Steel deck is not popular because of cost

Reinforced concrete deck and suspended floor slab is the most popular among the three due of durability and lower cost
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2015
chemaze:
Its good to monitor your building ur self. But go with professionals. If u fail to do so they will take the cash made to buy DS BRAND ROOF For Customize cheap roof grin I have seen alot

I supply all the materials.

When I reach roofing stage I will simply buy direct from the factory like KolaShangOne has shown us.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dieumerci(m): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2015
Greetings to everyone in the house.

Please I would like to know the quantity of cement to lay 1squared metre of tiles.
Or better, how many squared metre of tiles would one bag of cement lay.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micbjrex(m): 9:41pm On Nov 10, 2015
Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I will need your help in terms of costs, labor, materials of fixing my (1) 16 big ones and 5 small one for toilet sliding windows with net (Tower) 21 in total, (2)burglary 21 in total, (3)plastering of the 2 flats of 3 bedrooms each and (4)fence of 100x50ft-just the inside and the front, (5)german floor of my compound (outside)----house size is 21425m x 10.400m. Thank you all.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
micbjrex:
Thank you all for your contributions to this thread. I will need your help in terms of costs, labor, materials of fixing my (1) 16 big ones and 5 small one for toilet sliding windows with net (Tower) 21 in total, (2)burglary 21 in total, (3)plastering of the 2 flats of 3 bedrooms each and (4)fence of 100x50ft-just the inside and the front, (5)german floor of my compound (outside)----house size is 21425m x 10.400m. Thank you all.
for the aluminium window I recommend him...0807 940 0344

He is cheaper and will do a good job

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavverick: 10:26am On Nov 11, 2015
abdulwastecx:
Room check out this my finished roofing with stone coated tiles

Well done Bro.

Do you mind telling us the type of stone coated roofing sheet that was used, and also the price as well.
I'm being bombarded with various suppliers at my site, and its always better to go with a good recommendation instead of just anyone on the street.

All of them claiming new zealand tiles, bla bla bla.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 10:49am On Nov 11, 2015
koning:

What a ridiculous postulate within the Nigerian context. I will never rely on a Nigerian structural engineer civil servant to guarantee my safety in my own house. A house that i intend to live in with my children.
I have seen some of those so-called structural engineers at Alausa. With 10k people like you will get anything approved just to rip off your clients.
I will surely employ my own structural engineer and will NEVER use a structural engineer brought by the builder/contractor. He is an accomplice if you know what I mean.
welcome to the property section where elephants can fly. just hire professionals and supervise them by yourself including following them to the market and arranging with different suppliers by yourself and you would build your house without been ripped off. stop arguing with these guys, it's a battle you can't win.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
mavverick:

Well done Bro.

Do you mind telling us the type of stone coated roofing sheet that was used, and also the price as well.
I'm being bombarded with various suppliers at my site, and its always better to go with a good recommendation instead of just anyone on the street.

Thanks Bro...
For the stone coated roofing tiles, we use shingles type of good quality with relatively moderate price.
The client and I use nairaland platform to get a very good and reliable supplier.
The supplier is here on nairaland and goes by the name Donald stone coated roofing sheet.
Price of square meters = N2,400

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemaze(m): 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
But this thread is not for advert now. Abi HAJJ M
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
chemaze:
But this thread is not for advert now. Abi HAJJ M

True o. No advertisements, but information about products that can help our readers here will durely be appreciated even with the costs. Thank you.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemaze(m): 4:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
NO MIND THEM. why wont the material rust and fades. THE ONLY COY THAT SELL REAL NEWZEALAND IN NIG ARE: WICTECH AND TILCOR.... ALL OTHER NEWZEAND I DONT KNW.
FOR REAL KOREA THEY ARE LIKE 5 COYs. The texture, prices and detail of the manufacturer u shall knw them. But are not cheap shall
mavverick:

Well done Bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
How much is 30 tons of Stone /granite dust to Ogombo Ajah?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 5:38pm On Nov 11, 2015
3strike:
140k and 90k respectively. .......I heard say price may change this week o

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Xzevian(m): 5:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
3strike:
we can supply you 138,000/ 95,0000 for the granite and sharp stone dust. 08067748960. This price does not include Omo Onile or area boys fee if their is any after we branch from the main express. thanks. PARADOX GRANITE ENTERPRISES
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
The little things matter in quality.

Set expectations to your artisans that you will not accept less than stellar work and this is an example of the quality that you'll get.

This is my plan approval number stenciled, not handwritten, on my fence for town planning purposes.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
segcymoor:

140k and 90k respectively. .......I heard say price may change this week o

Oga segcymoor which one is use for molding interlocking stone? i guess its Granite dust right? if so, is the 30 tons around 90k to ogombo ajah?

just wanted to be clear.

thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Yes.

It's the law in most cities in the US now for new build.
Realy.down here.u only need the fire alarm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
erico2k2:

Realy.down here.u only need the fire alarm.

California has made sure that I'll potentially drown before burning to death grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

California has made sure that I'll potentially drown before burning to death grin
Hmm so in every home there is a pressurized thank somewhere or is it connected to the mains? down here our sprinkler system is on public buildings only and the water for it as in a pressurized ballast tank,tested every week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
erico2k2:

Hmm so in every home there is a pressurized thank somewhere or is it connected to the mains? down here our sprinkler system is on public buildings only and the water for it as in a pressurized ballast tank,tested every week.

Not for every home but for brand new or renovated commercial buildings with includes rentals like condos, townhomes, duplexes, etc Single family homes can roast themselves as they won't affect another family home grin Seems they actually included single family home.

We don't have a tank where I live now so it's pressure from the mains. I've lived here for about 4 years now and no test has ever been done though I see the pressure gauge is always in the green zone.

http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org/legislation/sprinkler-requirements-by-state.aspx

"California: Effective January 1, 2011, the California Building Standards Commission approved the State Fire Marshal's Building, Fire and Residential Code adoption packages for the 2010 California Building Standards Codes, including its requirements for residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construc­tion statewide. More about fire sprinkler codes in California. - See more at: http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org/legislation/sprinkler-requirements-by-state.aspx#sthash.GsS3hAtw.dpuf"

Another great example of a government system that works in protecting it's citizens instead of just stealing monies and showing it in foreign accounts.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Not for every home but for brand new or renovated commercial buildings with includes rentals like condos, townhomes, duplexes, etc Single family homes can roast themselves as they won't affect another family home grin

We don't have a tank where I live now so it's pressure from the mains. I've lived here for about 4 years now and no test has ever been done though I see the pressure gauge is always in the green zone.

http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org/legislation/sprinkler-requirements-by-state.aspx

"California: Effective January 1, 2011, the California Building Standards Commission approved the State Fire Marshal's Building, Fire and Residential Code adoption packages for the 2010 California Building Standards Codes, including its requirements for residential fire sprinklers in all new one-and two-family dwellings and townhome construc­tion statewide. More about fire sprinkler codes in California. - See more at: http://www.firesprinklerinitiative.org/legislation/sprinkler-requirements-by-state.aspx#sthash.GsS3hAtw.dpuf"
NO test? hmm how do you guys know its going to work if there is real fire? eheh ours have smoke and fire alarms, one mesures heat and bleep the other sense smoke and bleep, in those homes you described up there which are not single family homes the alarms and hard wired to a central boz which is connected directly to the fire station.You cannot reset these until the fire brigade says so.SOme idiots alwasy know how to brake the red glass do after heavy saturday nights grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (3698) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6748SmithW, Baz1, obago(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.