Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,837 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388408 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Thanks. I thought so on part 2
Hassanabioduna has done justice to your questions wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:05pm On Nov 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Thanks. I thought so on part 2

The first guy already covered the issues.
Bush entering fees nah Mumu fees o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flaghouse1: 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

@bolded refers. ,very funny. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Lol at Mumu fee, Na gibiti fee aka yahoo fee, as well tongue

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hassanabioduna:

Q1. A new survey has to be done cos the new owner of the land need to have a survey plan with his/her name on it for documentation purpose and proof of ownership.

Q2. For the bush entry fee, the agent just want to collect extra money from you
Q 2 is waht the practice in most parts of Nigeria, in PH, I had to pay that too, but its negotiable, its usually btw U and the LANDLORD, Ie who or the family that sold the land to you and in more than often a fresh land ie farm land etc or never built on!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
LOL @>mumu fees. Though it is applicable in some rare cases. For instance you buy a land directly from Land owners, and you can not easily locate the land again and you need the omo o ile to show you your land then they will involve their family surveyor and some other family members who knows in and out of their land, then they will charge you "mumu fee" then it is a must pay ooo or else you will start combing the bush yourself may God deliver you from wild animals.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2017
Aventures:
LOL @>mumu fees. Though it is applicable in some rare cases. For instance you buy a land directly from Land owners, and you can not easily locate the land again and you need the omo o ile to show you your land then they will involve their family surveyor and some other family members who knows in and out of their land, then they will charge you "mumu fee" then it is a must pay ooo or else you will start combing the bush yourself may God deliver you from wild animals.

that must be an extremely remote area>? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Helloooooooooooooo!!!

Is there any interior designer in the house?

Drop your contact for me to call you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 2:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
@A. venture you are right oo, in some virgin land area they do so.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
FastShipping:
Helloooooooooooooo!!!

on behalf of this lady.. have seen her work i think she can do something....08036504121

i have a friend who does wall 3d design.. nice and amazing too. if you need his contact i can send to you with some of his pictures
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FastShipping: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
twinskenny:

on behalf of this lady.. have seen her work i think she can do something....08036504121

i have a friend who does wall 3d design.. nice and amazing too. if you need his contact i can send to you with some of his pictures

Is the lady on nairaland? I am not a fan of 3D walls.

Thanks for the referral.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
FastShipping:

Is the lady on nairaland? I am not a fan of 3D walls.

Thanks for the referral.

no she is not sir, thank you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
Aventures:

LOL! Any fees apply in Lagos/Ogun. More thick forest and jungle in my village... no such fees there.
All nah to steal from the buyer because land is gold now.
God help us o.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 3:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
Lol....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2017
twinskenny:

Where is the lady based? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omachee: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2017
Guys please. What other options are there except surface trunking for A/C's? Can it be hidden in the wall?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omachee: 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
FastShipping:
Helloooooooooooooo!!!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
omachee:
Guys please. What other options are there except surface trunking for A/C's? Can it be hidden in the wall?

Can be hidden if cos.. what stage is the project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omachee: 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2017
Say.... finishing. But we can do conduit right?
twinskenny:

Can be hidden if cos.. what stage is the project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
omachee:

Wall will be broken
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Truthinlife: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2017
Hello everyone, I have a question.
If Someone’s compound is tight and you don’t have much space at the back or sides. Is there any danger or violation in placing water tank stand in front of your duplex (by the fence corner). And what’s the recommended height for good water pressure as well as safety.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2017
omachee:
Make sure you sleeve it with PVC pipes for maintenance purposes if not you are on your own.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:33pm On Nov 19, 2017
InvertedHammer:
Quick questions:

Anything abnormal here?

An owner wants to sell his land that is within a city and was already surveyed (the record is available and verifiable).

It is bad enough that they are calling millions like it is going out of existence and then the agents came up with these:
1. Agents' fee
2. Lawyer's fee
3. Bush entry fee.
4. Surveyor's fee.

Q1: Why does the land need another survey?
Q2: What is bush entry fee and how is it applicable in this case?

Cc. Mufutau55, spyder880, Aventures, Egunmogaji, twinskenny, erico2k2, FastShipping, AngelicBeing

You must pay the lawyer(negotiate)
You must pay the agent (negotiate)
I wouldn't pay the bush entry fee since its part of the agents work
I can only pay a surveyor (not necessarily the same one who prepared the survey plans for this old seller) but a new one I choose to redo the survey plans on my name. But only after I have completed the payment and signing process and the land is now legally mine.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:36pm On Nov 19, 2017
Arnoldfish:

Make sure you sleeve it with PVC pipes for maintenance purposes if not you are on your own.
I seal mine in a stronger plastic hose. I will show us the sample later. It acts as a good insulation for the cables and protection for the tubes.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:35pm On Nov 21, 2017
Daboomb:

Speak with this builder called Abdulwastecx.
He seems to have a knack for properly managing Clients money while delivering a good job.
Important you go through some of his threads in property section, to give you an idea of what kind of person he is.

Just be careful with giving your money out to just anyone, Nigerians are a special specie! grin grin grin

Thank you, sir. We are always open hearing from any prospective clients/homeowners and we also listen to their brief and we all always find a way to work with their budget.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 11:28pm On Nov 21, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/do_unshare?post=62592620&redirect=%2Fmentions%2362592620&session=7F060847068DDA17332988F7B95CED38C9D2F6201A45E84971BAB516F6B5B8B8
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:20am On Nov 22, 2017
diordaves:
PHOTO CRITIQUE

Lets go on some academic jingoism. I say academic because I'm about to critique some projects on Nairaland but as we may well know, the projects might all have been completed and in full bloom and the home owners are already enjoying the fruit of their labour so any critique is just academic. But we should learn a thing or two for future project.

I kick-off with the first kitchen (Photo). What do you think is right with the layout of the kitchen? I think the wall tile is well done and I also like the POP work. The worktop is also half decent. But things go down hill from there. The layout of the first kitchen can be better designed:

1) there is scope for the window to be bigger to let in more light and ventilation.

2) the wall unit is too high, reaching items on the unit without a stand will be a problem even if the user is tall. All height should reach wall units without over reaching themselves.

3) the kitchen zinc looks like an after thought. More could be done in this area by working the zinc on the worktop. It is an L design layout but poorly done.

4) the most miffed aspect of the kitchen is the position of the Gas cylinder. Obviously there was no provision for the cylinder in the design of the kitchen. Cylinders as a safety recommendation should be outside and the connection pipped through the walls into the kitchen. This is not the case with this kitchen. This is a huge fire hazard. Cylinder gas heads are notorious to leak a lot. Imagine one is cooking and the gas head is leaking; there is real danger of gas explosion.

The second kitchen (photo) is a better designed "L" layout kitchen though I'm not sure with the choice of units colour of green and the busy wall tile. Having said that, the design layout is spot on.

what kind of poor dirty kitchen is this ? all the engineers wont make heaven .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:25am On Nov 22, 2017
meohio7777:
Hello Guys, I am honestly seeking for a professional advice on the first step and quotation in completing of my 4 Unit flats(3 bedroom x2 and Room and Parlor self contain. I would like to know how much Cash should I be looking at to raise... Here are the things I need quotations for..

POP at least 8-10mm thick(Materials included)
Walls SCREEDING IN/OUT
FENCE AND GATE
TWO SEPTIC THANKS
HOUSE FITTINGS

Project location Ajah Lagos.
exactly like my house , same dpc and same water problem , God will punish the engineer that is all i have to say .
Urgent response Team

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 4:58pm On Nov 22, 2017
How did you go about yours if same dpc and same water problem. Please advice. Thanks [quote author=AZUH post=62606687][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 1:26pm On Nov 23, 2017
meohio7777:
How did you go about yours if same dpc and same water problem. Please advice. Thanks
i havent done anything ......... i think you need add water collector and see if it will stop . i just left mine it like that , before you take and engineer or contractor question them very well , most of them doesnt know anything about building they only want money . the only person i respect here is bosum the nigga that did maverick project every other person on this forum is just hustling without brain . becareful man

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by meohio7777: 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2017
Noted. Thanks man.
AZUH:
i havent done anything ......... i think you need add water collector and see if it will stop . i just left mine it like that , before you take and engineer or contractor question them very well , most of them doesnt know anything about building they only want money . the only person i respect here is bosum the nigga that did maverick project every other person on this forum is just hustling without brain . becareful man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:33pm On Nov 23, 2017
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (811) (812) (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), michaellek, pawn89(m), gbadexy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.