Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,869 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (816) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391074 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:45am On Nov 26, 2017
Green lawns.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:07am On Nov 26, 2017
Artificial logs of wood in your garden......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:11am On Nov 26, 2017
Water fountains....

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:13am On Nov 26, 2017
More green, and I hope you know those are artificial swans grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2017
spyder880:
Artificial logs of wood in your garden......

Will be working on something like this very soon !!!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:02am On Nov 26, 2017
skimanski:

Will be working on something like this very soon !!!

I trust you can do this. Please show us pictures when you complete it. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 9:09am On Nov 26, 2017
spyder880:
More green, and I hope you know those are artificial swans grin

All l need to do is catch one of those Swans and food don ready be that. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AZUH: 10:12am On Nov 26, 2017
adanny01:

Put blocks between the columns (pillers) and build it up sealing the space.
thanks bro ,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 10:31am On Nov 26, 2017
spyder880:

I trust you can do this. Please show us pictures when you complete it. Thanks.

Sure Boss!!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 12:11pm On Nov 26, 2017
GlitzG:
Hello Nlanders, please I intend to start my project and am looking for expects opinion on the amount I should budget for just fencing a 4plot of land. Land is measured 200 x 100ft. I need like the number of cements, blocks and workmanship I should be expecting to work with. Thanks in advance

Cc. Mufutau55, spyder880, Aventures, Egunmogaji, twinskenny, erico2k2, FastShipping, AngelicBeing
4500blocks 720k
2000blocks for pillars 360k (if u re using blocks for columns)
Excavation 40k
Bricklayer 300k
Sand 40tons 60k
Granite 20tons 50k
Cement 100 260k
Contingencies 50k

Note d prices above re subject to change depending on ur location

Water which will depend on u. borehole things or well.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 12:52pm On Nov 26, 2017
spyder880:
Green lawns.....
beautiful but might also be hideout for green reptiles except the property owner does due diligence by fumigating the surroundings all the time, l hate to see reptiles, they freak me out, all the same, good pictures @spyder 880sad

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anochuks08(m): 1:56pm On Nov 26, 2017
Rubbiish:

Above the topmost course which serve as wall plate for roofing
Thanks for this info. I appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 1:59pm On Nov 26, 2017
GlitzG:
Hello Nlanders, please I intend to start my project and am looking for expects opinion on the amount I should budget for just fencing a 4plot of land. Land is measured 200 x 100ft. I need like the number of cements, blocks and workmanship I should be expecting to work with. Thanks in advance

Cc. Mufutau55, spyder880, Aventures, Egunmogaji, twinskenny, erico2k2, FastShipping, AngelicBeing
kindly chat me on whatsapp sir...total break down estimate tnks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2017
Rubbiish:

4500blocks 720k
2000blocks for pillars 360k (if u re using blocks for columns)
Excavation 40k
Bricklayer 300k
Sand 40tons 60k
Granite 20tons 50k
Cement 100 260k
Contingencies 50k

Note d prices above re subject to change depending on ur location

Water which will depend on u. borehole things or well.
Nice efforts, but I think you assumed a location. For instance your site must be by the side of quarry in other to get granite at of 20 tons at 50k or may be u mean gravel.
2000 blocks for pillars then I think the pillars must be at every 2 feet. I will rather advise OP to do a direct contacts with professional in the house and get a valuable advise before you will start a project and get stuck half way.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2017
Good observation @aventure.
More so what is the height of the fence he qouted 4500 blocks for bcs OP didn't mention the height here also how many openings, what is the condition of the land all this need to put into consideration before given qoute. ...and 2000 block for the columns.
You better go for professional to give you better and accurate qoute that can finish your project as A venture
Suggested.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by csiworksnig(f): 12:22am On Nov 27, 2017
Timtol:

kindly chat me on whatsapp sir...total break down estimate tnks 08100452977

The first question was to ask whether the land is dry or not?.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 12:34am On Nov 27, 2017
csiworksnig:

The first question was to ask whether the land is dry or not?.
well,maybe sir buh actually depends as u said
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 6:44am On Nov 27, 2017
Timtol:

well,maybe sir buh actually depends as u said

Depends on What? Its standard. You dont Quote for anything without knowing the Condition of land. The guy just Put Round figures, High and Low.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 6:54am On Nov 27, 2017
skimanski:

Depends on What? Its standard. You dont Quote for anything without knowing the Condition of land. The guy just Put Round figures, High and Low.
lol...i never go around argue this tho...tnx
thumbs up
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:45am On Nov 27, 2017
Aventures:
Nice efforts, but I think you assumed a location. For instance your site must be by the side of quarry in other to get granite at of 20 tons at 50k or may be u mean gravel.
2000 blocks for pillars then I think the pillars must be at every 2 feet. I will rather advise OP to do a direct contacts with professional in the house and get a valuable advise before you will start a project and get stuck half way.
U should have first of all asked about my location & number of course which i proposed for the fencing before studiously & subtly condemning my post. He gave 100ft by 200ft land size. U do the calculation, using 3blocks as columns for 10 course fencing @ a spacing of 3m & see the no of blocks u will get for fencing. I clearly stated the figures are subject to change regarding location & i was never expecting the op to use it as his final post, but to serve as a guide. If u have got something better & closer to his post, u should have posted it.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rubbiish(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2017
rotecch77:
Good observation @aventure.
More so what is the height of the fence he qouted 4500 blocks for bcs OP didn't mention the height here also how many openings, what is the condition of the land all this need to put into consideration before given qoute. ...and 2000 block for the columns.
You better go for professional to give you better and accurate qoute that can finish your project as A venture
Suggested.
U should have asked the no of coach
U guys don't need to start gathering meeting on my post
What i did was only a guide & i see absolutely nothing wrong in that
If u have sth better post it.
I m not here to drag contract with anyone
I clearly stated the figures are subject to change depending on location

Oga calculate the number of blocks for a 10coach fencing & post the number of blocks for pillars here @bold.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 11:07am On Nov 27, 2017
I see no reason making a mountain out of a mole hill, majority of people come here so as to have a clue as to what they are about to embark on. It is now left for whosoever is concerned to ask questions that will corelate idea shared here to his post. Lets not deter people from sharing the little they know one way or the other. It is an open space for all, if u think someone is wrong, drop a counter post & educate the house. The thread is all about debate.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 11:09am On Nov 27, 2017
spyder880:
Water fountains....
This is lovely
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by snakebeat: 11:12am On Nov 27, 2017
Aventures:
@bold Wrong!!!
Sir 2000blocks for that size of land for columns is not much, unless u are envisaging 1 block per column & not the conventional 3 blocks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2017
skimanski:

Depends on What? Its standard. You dont Quote for anything without knowing the Condition of land The guy just Put Round figures, High and Low.
Oga park well...
What about all the quotes we have be seeing on this very thread? Which alot of us has benefited from....
Do they visit the land before coming up with those quotes?
Pls lets not disuade pple from sharing info here
The thread is already dwindling knowledge wise....

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2017
snakebeat:
I see no reason making a mountain out of a mole hill, majority of people come here so as to have a clue as to what they are about to embark on. It is now left for whosoever is concerned to ask questions that will corelate idea shared here to his post. Lets not deter people from sharing the little they know one way or the other. It is an open space for all, if u think someone is wrong, drop a counter post & educate the house. The thread is all about debate.
awesome from a perfect heart!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skimanski(m): 6:43am On Nov 28, 2017
johnson232:

Oga park well...
What about all the quotes we have be seeing on this very thread? Which alot of us has benefited from....
Do they visit the land before coming up with those quotes?
Pls lets not disuade pple from sharing info here
The thread is already dwindling knowledge wise....

No one said visit the land. You only ask certain Questions before giving information. So that you dont give wrong/incorrect information. Anyway
I see how you love to Benefit from Wrong Information! Nice one!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2017
skimanski:

No one said visit the land. You only ask certain Questions before giving information. So that you dont give wrong/incorrect information. Anyway
lol...how can someone benefit from wrong info...kinda funny

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2017
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by johnson232: 7:26am On Nov 28, 2017
skimanski:

For those of us that have been here, it is only natural to omit certain info when posting on here. We have seen it several times. It is now left for the individual concerned to ask questions.
No one is paying anybody here for the info they dish out, so those who take out their time to post sth should be appreciated, because left for some of u, no one will get any info here without paying for it.
Just completed fencing a plot of land with a similar quote posted by someone recently.
So info as such are very much useful to us....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gloriouspa(m): 7:37am On Nov 28, 2017
Planting and maintenance of natural Grass:

Immediately after grass planting, maintenance begins as well. The grass must be watered daily for effective growth, if the grass is planted during the raining season less water would be required as rain water is more effective than using water hose or sprinklers.

New weeds will be coming up and this will be taken care of at least every ten days interval till the grass is fully grown. Newly planted grass will take about five to six months to become fully grown with total care and maintenance which include constant watering, removal of weeds and replanting of non-survival grass.

Thereafter the mower can then be used over the grass to bring out its hidden beauty.

The lawn will then be ready for use for its purpose.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barryton: 7:44am On Nov 28, 2017
johnson232:

For those of us that have been here, it is only natural to omit certain info when posting on here. We have seen it several times. It is now left for the individual concerned to ask questions.
No one is paying anybody here for the info they dish out, so those who take out their time to post sth should be appreciated, because left for some of u, no one will get any info here without paying for it.
Just completed fencing a plot of land with a similar quote posted by someone recently.
So info as such are very much useful to us....
Thank u sir for hitting the nail on the head at bold.
I don't just get this.
Someone posted a question, none of u so called engineers attended to the query, someone else took his time to attend to it, u all are coming out like a hungry lion, posting lame observations? If u were so concerned, why didn't u attend to the query? Why not ask the necessary questions & attend to the query instead of sounding like a paragon which none of u are? More answers to a query will provide options for the poster. If u can't come up with sth better, don't come here to parade yourself as a paragon.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (813) (814) (815) (816) (817) (818) (819) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: mythy70(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.